• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Terrible Sequals.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Time to Revive!

This is the subject of movie sequals that had just as much quality as ET for Atari 2600 (For those who don't know this game, just Youtube it)

Lion King 1/2 was terrible. 1 and 2 were great, but this was just trailer trash, Why couldn't we have a Sequal like 1 & 2?

I could post others but thats all I can post now.

So.. Just name any sequals that just plain bad

pkmnhippy

Banned
Hmm...
Too much to chose from, star was is great, but seriously, did they need to animate it? They could of at least make it look real, it's too kiddy for my liking.

EDIT: yay, first post! (if that's something to be proud of).

Nidogod

Yeah since The Lion King is my favorite movie I'm very passionate about my hate for 1/2. There's also Robocop 3, Rocky 5&6 (Yes, I said 6), The Neverending Story 2&3, the Bloodsport sequels (I lost track of how many there are), and the Exorcist sequels.

All these movies are guilty of being rehashes of the original idea with less effort as the name has already been established.

Medea

Excalibur
First I will say this, just about every sequel that came from an extremely funny movie. Or at least the ones I like. Caddyshack 2, The Nutty Professor 2, Dr. Dolittle 2, 3, and the other piece of crap. That should never have been made.

And now, allow me to RANT on Disney. The sequels that have spewed from that company within the last 10 years have been God-awful. Most of them should NOT have been made and the originals should have at least stayed at "happily ever after." As in...Peter Pan 2 = sucky, Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 = WHY?, Cinderella 2 & 3 = You've got to be kidding me, Little Mermaid 2...Did not want to see that AND WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID THEY MAKE A PRE-QUEL, Lion King 1/2 and 2 = just bad!

The only exceptions I can say is that not all Disney sequels stunk! But the majority of them do.

Nidogod

Caddyshack 2

How could I have forgotten that? Caddyshack is one of the greatest comedies ever made and mostly because of the star studded cast. What do you get when you rehash the premise and remove the grade A comedians? Caddyshack 2.

ForeverFlame

Mulan 2 will always be, in my mind, the worst sequEl.

The voice acting was uninspired, the story was terrible, the art was crap compared to the original, it was straight-to-DVD, and it was so "Mary Sue"-esque that I gagged.

Dattebayo

Banned
I never liked sequels to Disney Princess movies like Cinderella as they were made to cash in with their Disney Princess products to brain washed little girls. If those little girls are looking for a princess to idolize, they should've idolize Zelda instead.

Last edited:

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
The majority of Disney sequels. I seriously can't think of any Disney sequel that was any good.

Also the Major League sequels.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
One of the worst sequals ever was Son of the Mask. It was god awful crappy and should never have been thought of. I'm not even sure Jim Carrey could've saved it.

It doesn't even deserve to be compared to the original.

Shaymin~

The majority of Disney sequels. I seriously can't think of any Disney sequel that was any good.

Also the Major League sequels.

Well for one thing, Toy Story 2 was very good.

But yeah, pretty much all direct-to-DVD Disney sequels suck. In fact, most movie sequels in general suck.

Hero

OOHH YEE YOU WANT ME
Everything after American Pie 2 was baaad.
Mighty Ducks 2 and 3 were good.
Batman Forever and Batman And Robin sucked.
The Matrix sequels sucked too.

Thriller

Its almost time
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey took everything cool about Bill & Ted and turned it into a pile of crap. Wtf was with those little hairy men in Heaven? Thats kinda sacreligious if you ask me. Ape-like creatures in Heaven? Its an oxy moron.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Neverending Story 2 wasnt that bad,ofcourse it wasnt nearly as good as the original, but Neverending Story 3 was just AWFUL. I mean it had NOTHING to do with the first two or the book, and it had no Atreyu, which is just ridiculous, since he is one of the mian characters.

Okay, done ranting about Neverending Story 3's complete and utter phail.

Kipcha

Almost all movie sequels suck, and every straight to DVD Disney films are god awful.

I can basically count on my fingers what sequels I like (Toy Story 2, The Mummy 2 & 3, The Dark Knight if that counts, Harry Potter,) and most are just shadows of the original films former glory.

ForeverFlame

I liked Dead Man's Chest somehow (to this day I don't even know how I could sit in the theatre without a fast-forward button to skip that annoying island scene that took up half the movie), but I hated At World's End. The two hundred betrayals and would-be plot twists were too mind-boggling for my liking, and the story was more of a fairy tale than the first in the trilogy, which only had an Aztec curse and a magic compass.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Dragonheart: A New Beginning wasn't that great, though I may still watch it from time to time. They have decided (years after the first Dragonheart) that Draco should have a son, and the freakin' egg took I don't know how many decades to hatch. And the plot was just... weird. The evil guy's real form as a dragon didn't stay a dragon very long, which was lame -_-, and the two-tailed comet seemed to take "minutes" to pass the moon when it was going by fast anyway.

Sequels to the second Land Before Time are just getting lame. They should END right now after the fourteenth one (yes, there is going to be fourteen), though I'm a bit glad they brought in Chomper and had it last long enough to decide to bring him back. And the Pokémon movies after the first three (though it was okay, and I didn't care for the fifth and eighth) are just plain dumb. We don't need to hear more about Ash saving the world for the billionth time only to not get worldly fame.

I may get shot for this, but I didn't like Shrek 2 very much. They did a little bit better for the third.

And I have to agree that the Disney sequels are terrible (except Toy Story 2).

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~

Fully agreed. I never exactly liked any Disney sequel, period.

Although you know what should never have been done? Jaws sequels. Not only were they increasingly terrible and pointless, but I mean, come on. Wasn't there a real sense of finality in the first film? You have to come up with some excuse to make a new one, if you're in Hollywood, I guess. Same with Land Before Time. What are we on now? 45?

Scootlaboot

Redneck Gamer
The high shool musical sequal(s), because one utter failure wasn't enough.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Lion King 1/2 and 2 = just bad!

LK2 was, in atuallity, one of (If not)the best Straight-to-Video movie ever released. It didn't smell like a pile of Shiit like 1/2 did. It acually continued the plot line and still had good songs. 1/2's songs were massive ear rape.

And I have to agree that the Disney sequels are terrible (except Toy Story 2).
Almost all movie sequels suck, and every straight to DVD Disney films are god awful.
Lion King 2 and Toy Story 2 says hello again.

Lion King 2 was a decent movie sequel. I don't get while people just rush out and say they all suck when there are, some great ones...