1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Teru-Sama

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Gulzar, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gulzar

Gulzar Grass Trainer

[Before I begin, I know there was a thread a while ago regarding this, but I think there is more to be discussed (such as where to get the item and such).]
    Teru-Sama is an item in Pokémon Gold and Silver (I’m not sure if it is in Crystal). It can only be accessed through a glitch or while using a GameShark. It can be sold at a pokemart for 19660 pokedollars. It sits in the regular items area of your pack. It can be registered for use with the select button, but I have not found it to do anything. It can be attached to a pokémon and it can be thrown out. There is no in-game description of it. Here are some pictures:
    Teru-Sama at a pokemart
    Teru-Sama in your backpack
    So my question is: What does anyone know about it?
    As far as I can tell, it was meant to be a filler between items. Each item in the game has a number in hexadecimal assigned to it, so when there are gaps, Teru-Sama takes the place.
    What does the name mean? Teru-Sama could refer to a name, as Sama is, to quote wiktionary, “An honorific ending for names that indicates extreme reverence” in Japanese. I didn’t see anyone by the name of Teru in the credits (correct me if I’m wrong), so I assume it is a nickname for someone at Gamefreak.
    Other than a name, Teru in Japanese means “light or bright.” I’m not sure if this has any significance.
    Some people say it turns into a key item in Crystal. Some people say it can be acquired using a Pokémon Stadium glitch. Some think it improves a pokémon’s stats.
    My reason for starting this thread is to see what people know about it so that we can have a better understanding of the items that are programmed into the second generation of Pokémon games.
    I look forward to seeing what you know. :)
    ;001;

2. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

Sama = Ball.

Now give me another Japanes-language related challenge >=O!

The Teru-Sama is SUPPOSED to be the GS Ball. At least from what I hear.

3. The Organizer

The Organizer Banned

I got it once, but i just sold it for money :D

4. Fizz

Fizz Well-Known Member

I've heard it's the G/S version of the Clear Bell. I dunno if it's true, but that's all I know about it.

5. -=Darkness of Umbreon=-

-=Darkness of Umbreon=- <-winning with it

Never heard of it before, but there is a GS ball in the game, so that may be it.

6. Wyndigo

Wyndigo Orange Champion

Well, sama doesn't mean ball, Trickster. Gulzar is right on the meaning.

Unfortunally, I don't have any solid info on the Teru-sama. It could be a test object or like you said, something to fill in blanks in the game's coding. Those are the most logical things it could be. However, I've heard the rumors about it being the GS ball as well, but don't know if it's a fan started rumor or not. Although, I suppose, it's possible that the GS ball was reprogramed into such a generic object durning the translation of the English game...

Can you test what happens when you trade a pokemon to crystal with teru-sama attached? Or can you do that on an emulator? (I assume you use an emulator...)

7. -Totodile-

-Totodile- GOTCHA!

8. Phreack

Phreack ph334r me!...Please?

I think Teru-sama may be the English GS Ball "leftovers" since it was in the japanese version but it was removed. And another thing, why are master balls in your items pocket and not in your Pokeballs pocket??

9. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

Because he used a GS code =X

10. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

I've never seen it before, but looks kind of like a glitch to me :/

11. Louie

Louie fuk yo couch ***** !

yerr i once read that it was something to do with surfing without a pokemon that knows surf, kinda like a surfboard or a boat or something. i think someone mentioned that in the link -Totodile- posted.

12. grounder

grounder *sneezes*

at the top of the page. it's called ?????????? (exact #?) in r/b/y, but that's not here. only gotten through gmsrk, though.

13. Dunsparce

Dunsparce Well-Known Member

No, it's not.

You can get BOTH Teru-Sama AND GS Ball in Crystal :/

Look, the GS Ball is called the GS Ball in the English versions:

Teru-Sama takes up all of the empty item digits that are not used.

In RSE/FRLG, There is an Item called "????????" That has the exact same purpose.

[​IMG]

The onlt thing useful about Teru-Sama is that you can sell it for ALOT of money :)

Besides that, nothing.

14. I sold mine <3 XD It paid off though.

15. Lol... I have infinite Teru-Samas... They're in my Key Items pocket, so I can repeadetly sell them for a ton of cash...

And guess where I got it?

Pokemon Stadium 2!

I was looking at my Yellow (on Stadium), and noticed that there were Pokemon in my Box 13. (Yellow only goes up to 12, btw) One was a Beedrill (w/Stun Spore, Petal Dance, Submission, and Hi Jump Kick) and the other one was a regular Ditto, except for the fact that it was HOLDING a Clear Bell. So I said to myself... "Maybe I can trade this Ditto to my Gold, and have a Clear Bell!" I did, and as it turned out... Instead of Clear Bell, I got the Teru-Sama. Stadium still recognised it as the Clear Bell, though, so it was put into my Key Items. I can sell it over, and over, and over again without it ever running out!

16. Dunsparce

Dunsparce Well-Known Member

Because the slot of Data that Clear Bell takes up is unused in Gold ans Silver, so any Crystal-Only items like Clear Bell, GS Ball, and Blue Card would turn into a Teru-Sama.

17. I know that much... since it doesn't exist in gold.

18. Agustus

Agustus Well-Known Member

I know this for a fact, you don't fight a lv. 5 Celebi, you fight a lv. 30 Celebi.

19. Altmer

Altmer breathe, spit, walk

Indeed, I think it's just something like a test item they wanted to make to ensure the game was working properly.

20. Ninetails

Ninetails Well-Known Member

Any way you can get the GS Ball in Crystal aside from gamesharking it?

- Ninetails. ;038;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.