• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TGP: The God Gene (SU)

George~©

All Gravy
TGP: The God Gene

This Roleplay is loosely based around the novel 'Dr. Franklins Island'

-:plot:-

In the not too distant future, science has made a breakthrough. A special protein has been discovered, capable of reshaping DNA and Cellular structure. They call it 'The God Gene', or 'TGP' for short, as it essentially has the creation powers of God. Christianity is now virtually non-existant, many turning to TGP as a means of curing fatal illness', cosmetics, you name it. It is used in virtually every hospital, as it is quick and painless, not taking more than a mere injection into the vital spot. Cancer has gone from one of the biggest killers, to the most easily cured potentially fatal disease. However, one man has decided to take the protein a step further, for a bizarre purpose.

In 1987, June 13th, Jacob Starling was born. His parents were both scientists, and they wanted him to grow up to be the greatest scientist who ever lived. He graduated early from University, and started studying DNA structures, and how to manipulate them. He worked alongside another scientist, Dr. Robert Caulfield, and they quickly became close friends. As they matured, they began extracting DNA from every living organism around the world, searching for the 'perfect' molecular structure. Dr. Starling worked on invertebrates and singular celled colonial animals, whilst Dr. Caulfield worked specifically on vertebrates.

3 years afer they started their research, Dr. Starling made a discovery. The DNA samples taken from particular Multicellular Organisms showed that the cells worked in unison to change shape, and move freely. This was controlled by the nuclei of each cell, individually. The Nuclei produced a protein that would allow the molecular structure change freely, so it would in turn, alter in shape or size. Dr. Starling had made a breakthrough, and he realised that if he tampered with the sample a little, he could create a 'shape-shifting' kind of gene, which could be controlled by the positioning, or molecular structure of the specific gene injected; TGP.

Jacob showed his colleague, and only his colleague. Dr. Caulfield was staggered with what he had discovered, whilst he had found nothing. Although jealous, he promised to himself that he would not take any credit for the discovery. Jacob spent the next few days bragging about how he was going to be rich, how he was going to be famous, how he was going to be noticed. Blinded with jealousy and anger, Dr. Caulfield went back on his promise, and whilst Jacob was away, took the research notes, along with the samples. When it came the time for Jacob to show off his discovery, it was too late. Dr. Caulfield claimed the fame, and the glory.

In a spiral of depression and anger, Jacob slowly went insane. His new goal was to use his discoveries for a darker purpose. He organised another meeting with the scientist council a few years later, to show off a discovery that he had made, enhancing the abilities of TGP. But what he had discovered was horrifying.

Unveiling a pod, filled with a solution of TGP, other chemicals, and animal DNA, he unveiled a terrifying spectacle. A man, who's arms and legs had transformed into tentacles, his head taking a spear like, streamlined shape. More tentacles sprouted from his shoulders, smaller, but apparently undeveloped. Dr. Starling had managed to create a Hybrid between Human, and Squid. He further stated that this could be done with any type of animal, including fossilized DNA. Dr. Caulfield was head of the council at the time, and couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Dr. Starling was banned from participating in these 'barbaric' experiments, and was jailed for 4 years. His insanity grew, and when he was released from prison, he went into hiding. Nobody has seen him since. The sad truth is, Dr. Starling thrived off of these experiments, and seeked refuge on a deserted island, where he set up a secret laboratory. The money he made through past discoveries was enough to have the place built, a team of staff was hired, dedicated to keeping the Experimentee's in check.

And you are the next experimentee.

Now you are a member of this newly transformed world, a world where technology is at its peak. Whether you are rich, poor, famous, a nobody, tall, short, dumb, or smart, you go about your everyday life, as if everything is fine... until you one day, find yourself being knocked out unexpectedly. The last thing you hear before you black out is:

"Yes... he'll do well as a new pet. Hehehe."

-:Rules:-

-3 Warnings and you're out. *cutthroat noise*

- This is not a Pokemon RPG. This is a Sci-Fi. No Pokemon transformations, no sightings of pokemon, no pokemon trainers, no poke balls, etc.

- All SPPF rules apply. This includes all rules about sign ups meeting the neccessary requirements to be accepted. Even if I may want to accept it, if it doesn't meet the requirements, I cannot accept.

- NO Godmodding. If I see you blatantly overpowering yourself, I will give you a warning. This means saying that you are able to avoid being attacked/deflect bullets/shoot lasers from your eyes/etc.

- Bunnying is NOT allowed. The only bunnying I will allow would be if a group of people move somewhere, but another character is behind, you can say that 'the group moved' assuming said character to be part of the group. Controlling other players speech and action will result in a warning.

- In the case of romance, please no 'Love at first Sight' kind of nonsense. If you're going to enter into an emotional relationship with another character, atleast build up to it first, and actually show some sign of affection before automatically jumping into a really bad romantic film-esque scene.

- Please Roleplay in the third person. It is less confusing to read 'He/She' than it is to read 'I'. We are seperate characters, and we want to be put in the position of our own characters, not yours.

- Full transformation into said animal will take about a week, in RP time.

-:The Sign Up Form:-

Name:
Appearance: (For this section, write what your character will look like before the transformation, the changes your character undergoes whilst in the midst of transformation, and what yout character will look like after, with any special features that may not be characteristic in the animal you are transforming into.)

- Before:

- During:

- After:

Personality: (How your character feels, and what their beliefs are.)
History: (How did your character live before he/she was taken away? What was their upbringing like?)
Transformation: (What animal would you like to change into? No Plants, because thats boring. No Dragons, because they aren't real. Fossil DNA is allowed to be used, but nothing Huge, as it would be prohibited by the islands relatively small size. Also, provide an article, or a picture, so we can get a clearer image on how you would behave.)

-:Accepted Characters:-

Candice Kejek (Audinoglitch) - Domesticated Cat
Cecilia Lowell (*Jean Grey*) - Gray Wolf
Diego Vendrix (DVB) - Bold Jumping Spider
Michael Mieti (Midgeorge) - Therizinosaurus
Evan Bosse (Grassmaster411) - Marine Iguana
Sarah Goodmen (Hypno12) - Blue Spotted Poison Dart Frog
Felix Serin (Rainslight) - German Shepherd

-:Reserved Characters:-

Raiden193
Wayjun​

Again, THIS IS NOT A POKEMON RPG.
Also I will be participating in this, whilst also controlling the NPC's of the island. I will have my SU up soon, incase anyone would like to see a sample first.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have fun. ^^

Last edited:

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Name: Candice Kejek (Keh-Jek)

Appearance:

- Before: Candice stands at 5'5" and is 121 pounds. Her hair goes down to her neck and is pale blond. Her eyes are a deep blue. When she was captured she was wearing green earrings, a long sleeved blue shirt, khaki pants, and brown shoes. She is Caucasian with no scars or birthmarks on her body.

- During: As the genes take effect, Candice grows a tail. This tail gets progressively longer as the genes take their effect Her ears get pointier and slowly move up to the top of her head. He pale blond hair turns to a snowy white and recedes. More hair slowly grows all over her body like fur.

- After: After her full transformation, Candice looks just like a Birman that's the size of a human. There are quite a few differences however. She has no claws or paws. Her hands and feet have not changed aside from being covered in fur. The fur that covers her body is now long and fluffy. It is white and black in the spots where it would be on a real Birman. She has whiskers too. At this state she will purr when happy and hiss to show displeasure, but will refrain herself from making bad puns like purrfect.

Personality: Candice is a loving and supportive woman. She is a school teacher so she is great at giving constructive criticism. During a crisis she can act as a leader or a high ranking member of a group because she rarely panics. Despite her kindness, she can get mean. If she feels that someone is treating another unfairly she will protect the one being mistreated as fiercely as a mother bear. She cannot stand for abuse and will act as a guardian to anyone she deems vulnerable. She is a devout Christian but she will not force her faith onto other people.

History: Candice was raised in a suburban home. She didn't have an exciting childhood and was brought up with kindness. She got good grades and participated in some clubs and then went to a good college, not Yale level though. She decided to pursue elementary school teacher as an occupation because it fit her.

Candice decided to teach the fifth grade because that's when the kids would be transitioning to middle school, and it was when the bullying was really starting. She made it clear on the first day of every school year that she would not tolerate any bullying, teasing, or gossiping in the slightest. She taught well and got quite a few "stupid" kids to actually learn in the class once she found out their learning styles. Every student that wasn't a bully loved her dearly, as well as the staff and parents at the school.

Her private life wasn't poor but it could have been improved. She wasn't dating anyone (suitors sometimes came but no man or woman ever stood out) and she didn't have a pet because she lived in an apartment. She sometimes spent free time in the animal shelter doing volunteer work there. She had friends and went out sometimes, but she spent way more time for her job than any other thing.

Transformation: Domesticated cat, Birman breed. Here is what animal planet has about the breed.

Is this satisfactory, or do you require more? By the way, notice how the cat-girl is a fully grown woman for a change.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Name: Cecilia Lowell (nicknamed "Cece")

Appearance:

- Before: Cecilia is a tall young woman, standing at 5'9", with long, wavy red-streaked black hair that reaches her hips and pale blue-gray eyes. Her skin is pale and her body is slim and long-legged. A hex symbol is tattooed on her left hipbone and a pair of elaborate black-and-purple butterfly wings is tattooed on her back. She also has a number of piercings, two on her right ear, three on her left ear and one on her navel. Upon capture, she was wearing a black strapless corset top with crisscrossing belts, a red-and-black plaid miniskirt with a dark chain hanging from one side, black heeled boots with buckles decorating the top, black fingerless gloves and a black newsboy hat atop her head. Her black hair was tied in a side-ponytail and her eyes were rimmed with dark kohl eyeshadow.

- During: As Cecilia transforms, the red streaks in her black hair disappear, turning black, her hair itself starts to disappear soon after, replaced by thick, black fur. Her ears slowly disappear and new, wolf-like ones start to grow atop her head. A long, furry black tail grows from behind her gradually. Black fur is starting to grow all over her body, rather rapidly growing thicker. This growth of fur often tempts her to wax herself.

- After: Once the full transformation is over, Cecilia now looks like a human-sized wolf. Her body is now fully covered in thick, black fur. Her human ears are gone, replaced by the wolf ears atop her head. Strangely though, they maintain the same number of piercings her normal ears once had. Unlike most wolves, she can still stand on two limbs, though her legs have turned fully wolf-like. Fortunately for her, her hands still retain a somewhat human-like quality, though not fully, enabling her to still use her hands when eating and doing things most humans would do. Her head and face are now also that of a wolf's. Her tail has grown to full length and her teeth are now sharper. She's also developed a laugher similar to a wolf's howl as a result.

Personality: Cecilia is a loud, brash young woman who often comes off to others as rude and problematic. She has an easily-ignited temper and is not afraid to show it, especially around little girls and boys, the types of people she couldn't tolerate. She often does not think before she acts, leading her into trouble a lot and is one of the reasons why she ended up in Juvie several times. As Cecilia is an Atheist, she uses that as an excuse, often saying "No one's there to punish me in the end anyway, so why bother?" on the subject of being more considerate and polite.

However, Cecilia is not all that bad once you get to know her. It takes the right people to do so, but once it happens, Cecilia turns into a different person. In reality, she is bitter and angry about how much she was pushed around and hindered by authority in the past, which led her to become the way she is. The reason why she is that way is because she does not like being told what to do, what to be like and how to act, as it makes her feel stupid and inferior, thus doing the opposite to prevent losing what little self-esteem she has. Once treated with kindness, understanding and compassion, Cecilia opens up and becomes less hostile and more approachable, showing her good side. As she had very few friends outside her gang, very few have ever seen this side of her. She does not like being told what's right, but would rather bring it out by herself, albeit slowly.

If Cecilia hates one thing, it's strict authority figures, as they tend to force the rules upon her too much and expect too much out of her. For her, they are the reason why she turned out badly, and maybe if the authorities in her life were more reasonable and understanding, she'd be a better person herself.

Cecilia has a secret passion for designing clothes, which she had ever since she was very young. She prefers darker styles above all and aspires to be a fashion designer.

History: Cecilia was an only child born to a rather problematic family. Her father had his drinking habits and her mother was often absent due to shady dealings. Often, she was neglected, leading her to develop a habit of doing anything just so her parents would notice her. Over time, this habit became more and more extreme, leading her to do things such as slack off in school, have herself pierced and breaking school rules. As a result, her grades slipped and her record got progressively worse in school due to brawling, inappropriate behavior and going as far to flip off the vice-principal, landing her in Juvie more than a few times.

Cecilia's time in Juvie was one part of her life that she wanted to erase. Due to the harsh, extremely strict treatment she endured there, she grew to resent authority figures, a lot. To her, they were tyrants who abused their age and so-called "rights" to make her miserable. Once she was released for the last time, she quit high school and joined a gang. She was seventeen at that time and the only female member of the gang. For her, it was the first time she felt accepted by others, and eventually became the girlfriend of Ross, one of her fellow gangmates. For two years, she stayed with the gang and Ross, believing to have found her place, as well as true love, until the day Ross broke up with her unexpectedly. This shattered Cecilia and angered her, which led her to break herself off from the gang. The night after the break-up, having heard of a rumor that sugar in the gas tank would kill a car's engine, Cecilia proceeded to do so to Ross's car out of revenge. Without any school to go back to or any future, she decided to finish her last year of high school online, in the end recieving her diploma after a year. After some time, she was finally accepted into a good art school, allowing her to start pursuing her childhood dreams of becoming a designer.

Transformation: Gray Wolf (Of the black pelt variety)

George~©

All Gravy
Both Accepted. I'll add a Character list to the OP later.

2 female characters already? Thats a first. o_O

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I hope more people sign up. This RP looks super fun to do.

Edit: Grey, did you make Cecilia because of Candice?

Last edited:

George~©

All Gravy
I do too. I'm proud of what I've come up with. My Sign Up will be done later today, or tomorrow, depending on if I can be bothered. Once this is up, I'll try and get a discussion thread approved.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I thought there would be some other people making SUs after I got home today.

I guess people are unwilling to get an article about animals.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Not really. XD I like writing Juvie characters with problems. XD She's supposed to be someone everyone will love to hate at first. And one of those characters always keep drama going. XD

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Not really. XD I like writing Juvie characters with problems. XD She's supposed to be someone everyone will love to hate at first. And one of those characters always keep drama going. XD

I see. I just found it funny that your character is so far off from mine.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Can I reserve a spot here? I loved the book and this looks awesome. Ill have my sign up done about Tuesday or Wedsday.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Name: Diego Vendrix

Appearance
- Before: He stands at five foot, 9 inches. He has low cheekbones, a boyish face, no facial hair, and wears a pair of glasses that darken themselves in bright sunlight. His hair is black with subtle patches of very dark brown, mainly in the tips. His hair is kept trimmed and neat, however the ends on the back of his head are messy and spiky. He has slightly bigger than average eyes, which are chocolate brown. His eyes are large enough that they are noticeably larger than average, even by a margin amount. His skin is a pale shade of olive skin that could be seen from his face.

He wears a black T-shirt with a gold yingyang symbol on front and a white silhouette of Quetzalcoatl, portrayed as an Ouroboros surrounding a delta symbol facing the right made out of obsidian and with a thin ring-shaped plume of smoke surrounding the mirror. He has on some black cargo pants and black tennis shoes with a red spiral on them. He completes the ensemble with a gray fleece "M-44 Jacket".

- During: His hair gets shaggier as he grows a fine coat of ‘fur’ around his body. His eyes hurt sometimes and he begins developing a second set under his first set. He begins growing spider-like fangs in his mouth. Also, 4 spider legs begin to emerge from his back. He also begins to have his mouth area changing into an iridescent blue. His legs appear near his shoulder and reach down to his normal legs. He can stand on them while taking a sitting position with his human legs. His two main spider fangs in his mouth are iridescent blue while having a band of iridescent blue over his mouth area, going around his head. It starts from the bottom of his nose and ends near his chin.

- After: His body is done morphing, he is now covered with black fur which feels oddly like a fleece jacket. He has a bit of wild hair on his head. He now had two pairs of eyes. One which resembles spider eyes and the other pair resembles his human eyes. His body structure is a bit different now, with his abdomen a bit more spiderlike. His hands are still humanlike. He grew 3 inches taller, his legs now stronger. He now has strong spider legs on his back but thinner than the normal Jumping spider. He now has become more carnivorous, but prefers drinking nectar.

Personality: Diego has a soul of fire. He is a warm and passionate person with an occasion fiery temper and a burning streak for the pursuit for adventure, ideals, truth and romance. He is very empathetic and has a great desire to help people out. Unfortunately, his bluntness and inability to read subtle body language makes him come off of as insensitive. He can also be stubborn, headstrong and sometimes even down right crazy. Beneath this outgoing personality, Diego is a shy and quiet person. He is also a very artistic individual as he will often draw whenever he gets the chance to do so. He is very loyal, but can come on as clingy, especially around girls. He also likes to cook, which helps when he travels around. He seems to have moments of boundless energy and then moments of sudden exhaustion, an up-and-down trend he is wishing to control through meditation. He has his faults, however. Some of these are being blunt, sarcastic, picking fights, laziness and often day-dreaming during certain moments and saying a weird comment afterward. He may also show some malevolent intent or hold grudges for a while. He may even show cruel moments, characterized by a crazed grins and shadows under his eyes.

Perhaps the single largest defining feature of his personality is his dark side. A collection of his lust, wrath, fear and bitterness, this amount of negative emotions followed by his natural abnormal mental state results in an alter ego, a dark side which he simply calls DX. DX is characterized as a sadistic and psychotic, unbound by most rules and his actions can lead to very large consequences. However, most of his desires follow a twisted and darkened version of Diego’s, so he isn’t a complete enemy. DX’s presence also makes most Shadows avoid him as this split mind may lead to unpredictable consequences. Ultimately, Diego is a kind young man who wishes to make friends, find love and help protect what he cares for. When in serious situations, he knows it is time for him to use his intelligence and strengths at their full capacity. He is becoming bolder and more confident with his transformation.

History: He lived in the state of Georgia for a majority of his life with his family consisting of his father, mother and younger brother. He often has debated with his father, but has seen as one of his biggest inspirations in his life. He has a strong relationship with his mom, though he being a nerd and otaku confuses her often. He has a complex relationship with his brother. They argue a lot and often though see eye to eye. Although they look similar, they are nearly opposites in personality, with his brother having charisma, charm and good strength on him. However, his slothfulness is in school, resulting in debates with their dad. His favorite activity is being in the drumline of their old school. His memories in elementary are not well remembered, besides some bad events and a few good events. This trend grew worse in middle school where he was in the deepest of his misery in middle school. He had fallen in love only to be heartbroken 2 years later. His relationship with girls was not a happy one. Despite these troubles with his peers, he had formed a decent bond with them in high school. However, he still felt in heart a solitude he feared will never end.

Near the holidays, his brother’s attitude, stubbornness and nonchalance about school finally reached peak with their father. After a good deal of arguing, his brother left home, only to come back because their mom. However, after a good deal of thinking, he decided to join a military school. This was at suggestion of a military teacher who was surveying students at the time. The expenses would be paid minimally over time and my brother would live there for a majority of the rest of his high school life. At the same time, the father received a binding contract with a company he was being a temporary consultant for. Despite this, the family finally made up and now is closer, with events such as Diego’s graduation being one of them. Diego was working on being a graphic designer and experiencing loneliness and mild depression. He then found himself going unconscious while going to the High Museum of Art.

Transformation: Bold Jumping Spider

By the way, I claim Cecilia

Last edited:

Rainslight

Clarification?
Rsv me a spot! I'll have mine up sometime tomorrow! :3

Edit: Fox puleeze :3

Last edited:

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Yay, more people are signing up! I was getting worried that it might take till December to get enough people.

George~©

All Gravy
Character list and reserve list will be up when I get home from college.

@DVB: I'll look over the Sign Up when I get home.

George~©

All Gravy
DVB: SPIDER IS SO CUTE, Approved.

Currently in the process of writing my own Sign Up, and taking Therizinosauridae.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
@Midgeorge: AWESOME. That was one of the animals I was actually considering using. I have never met another person who knew that species of theropod. Im still trying to pick an animal.

George~©

All Gravy
@Midgeorge: AWESOME. That was one of the animals I was actually considering using. I have never met another person who knew that species of theropod. Im still trying to pick an animal.

I've been into palaentology since I was like, 4. I'm 17 now, so thats a good 13 years.

Will edit this with Sign Up once I'm done.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
If you need help, I'm willing to Co-GM in case you ever run into problems IRL. I'm a bit of a no-lifer so I can Co-GM without a problem.

Rainslight

Clarification?
GAH! Torn between making a Fox character and a Red tailed Hawk character T.T

Indecision sucks. ^^"

But one I'm done deciding, my SU will be up (Hopefully sometime this week -.-')

George~©

All Gravy
If you need help, I'm willing to Co-GM in case you ever run into problems IRL. I'm a bit of a no-lifer so I can Co-GM without a problem.

We'll see.

GAH! Torn between making a Fox character and a Red tailed Hawk character T.T

Indecision sucks. ^^"

But one I'm done deciding, my SU will be up (Hopefully sometime this week -.-')

You can change your characters reserve creature whenever you want to. I'm the same with my sign up, I'll have it up some time whenever. Hopefully today or tomorrow.