• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!! (1089)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1089.jpg

Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!!

Ash has made a decision to return to Kanto with a new goal of travelling more of the world to face stronger trainers. However, he has been struggling to tell everyone at the Pokémon school, but as he is trying to work out how to do it, Solgaleo appears in front of him. In addition to that, Team Rocket have received new orders to return to Kanto and Lillie & Gladion decide to go searching for their father. It is time to say goodbye.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

RedR

"ALOLAAAAAAAA!"

I'll never forget the day of the Sun and Moon preview after an episode of XY&Z where Ash enters his new classroom and yells "Alola!!!" at the top of his lungs, greeting his classmates. Seeing that along with a new, comedic animation style for Pokemon Sun & Moon led me to believe this series was going to be a lot different than the last series. There wasn't even word if there was even going to be a traditional Pokemon League tournament!

Who knew that this series would have more main characters, more character development, a more story driven Pokemon League arc, and to top it all off, Ash's first Pokemon League competition win AND an exhibition match win! It was an unexpected surprise!

After Diamond and Pearl ended, I thought for sure it would be years and years in the future for when I would get to see Ash win a competition on screen, because maybe behind the scenes, Ash needing to lose was something that was part of the licensing deal between Pokemon Co. / TV Tokyo / ShoPo / etc. It was tough, but I accepted it. So I'm very thankful to have finally seen this pop culture event so soon!

I'm also thankful to Serebii.net for providing coverage for all these years of the TV show! It's been fun checking in every few months over the last 10 years for early TV Tokyo broadcast screenshots, badge updates, character bio updates, and more, to hopefully one day see Ash's bio page one day say "Champion." The day is here with the conclusion of Pokemon Sun & Moon!

As I've gotten older, I've seen many positive advances with the ways you can follow your favorite hobbies and pop culture with the rise of wikis, YouTube(r) reviews, and Twitter/Instagram/Facebook.

Unfortunately, that has seen places that have more of a "fan webpage" tone either closed completely or stop updating all together. So it's been fun to have a little throwback to mid-2000s fan-site-style to come back to through all these years, but still covering new news! Thanks Serebii!

So after 146 episodes, we have a great bookend to the original start of Pokemon, and a new beginning with Pokemon 2019!

#ThankYouSunAndMoon #ThankYouSerebii

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Missed the first half of the episode.

So, TR leave behind both Mareanie and Mimikyu along with their Z-Ring and Z-Crystals as well under Bewear's care.

Rotom is asked to work with Aether Paradise, which it accepts.

Ash leaves behind his Alola team under Kukui.

Sometime after Ash leaves.

- Sophocles and Lana leave for their planned work.

- Mallow's brother bring Gracidea flower upon his return, and Shaymin uses it to change form and leave.

- Burnet is pregnant.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I am absolutely beyond pissed.

I CANNOT believe Ash released ALL of his Alolan Pokemon or in other words leaving them in Alola.

Screw you writers, I hate you and quite frankly Ash never deserved this bullcrap. Now I can't look forward to the next generation at all.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I am absolutely beyond pissed.

I CANNOT believe Ash released ALL of his Alolan Pokemon or in other words leaving them in Alola.

Screw you writers, I hate you and quite frankly Ash never deserved this bullcrap. Now I can't look forward to the next generation at all.

Um you know he's going to Alola in the next anime right lol?? His pokemon are still his, he's gonna see them all again.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So, Shaymin left Mallow... TRio were thrown away by Bewear... Mallow and Kiawe remains in Alola... Sophocles and Molayne are going to Hoenn...

What did Giovanni announced to TRio? What is Guzma planning to do?

Where is Lusamine Family specifically going to (the place, not the purpose)?

The remaining members of Alola Team remain at Prof. Kukui's?

Prof. Burnett is pregnant? That baby bump grew very fast, eh?

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Missed the first half of the episode.

So, TR leave behind both Mareanie and Mimikyu along with their Z-Ring and Z-Crystals as well under Bewear's care.

Rotom is asked to work with Aether Paradise, which it accepts.

Ash leaves behind his Alola team under Kukui.

Sometime after Ash leaves.

- Sophocles and Lana leave for their planned work.

- Mallow's brother bring Gracidea flower upon his return, and Shaymin uses it to change form and leave.

- Burnet is pregnant.

really disappointed with all these result except the soph, lana and burnet is pregnant
:( why would rotom leave it ruin his character on the detective episode
why ash leave his team on alola
and mallow got nothing :(
i will wait the sub to see the explenation

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Um you know he's going to Alola in the next anime right lol?? His pokemon are still his, he's gonna see them all again.

And that matters why?

If the next generation is a continuation and not just a reboot, we could've seen them with Ash's other Pokemon at Professor Oak's

I don't care about some 100 episode later bullcrap, where they might show up only if the next generation anime series isn't a reboot.

They are Ash's Pokemon, he should've brought them with him.

I understand why Team Rocket left their Pokemon. They would have to be left at headquarters which Team Rocket said they wouldn't like.

There's LITERALLY NO reason why Ash left his entire ALOLAN team with Kukui. Just the writers sweeping it under the rug.

We're not going to get interactions with Ash's Alolan Pokemon with his other Pokemon AT ALL except what MAYBE if he visits.

What the hell Pokemon is Ash even going to have in the next series. It's going to only be generation 1-6 Pokemon. Maybe some 8th generation MAYBE if they go to the Galar region quickly.

OR are we just going to get Pikachu throughout the entire series with a little bit of Ash's Pokemon.

I don't know why anyone would ever justify this move by the writers or producers. Yes let's just completely sweep Ash's journey in the Alolan region under the rug like it never happened.

League? He didn't win a league *cough* *cough* *stomps on rustling rug* *cough* *cough* Alola what's that?

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, i guess the problem is that, until now Ash had only left one or two behind to be taken cared by others.
But this time, Ash had left his entire team behind, which means they could be permanently written-off if the writers fill like it, as not a single one is going to stay at Oak's (which is Ash's based area).

VoltTacklingPika

You know, given this anime's use of time travelling, I would not be surprised if Kukui's and Burnet's kid appeared as a 10 year old from the future in a later episode. Equally, given the strange flow of time in this show, I would not be surprised if Burnet was just pregnant forever. The poor girl.

So I should mention, just for the removal of doubt, that Lillie told Ash she was very glad she met him and for his help with her Pokemon problem. I can't remember where she said she and her family were going specifically, but she did say she's going to return to Alola.

Also, and I may have heard incorrectly, Ash went through the Ultra Hole with Solgaleo to do something. That's where Rotom got all his new data and photos that prompted Lusamine to offer him a job at Aether Paradise. Then Ash showed up late to Lillie's farewell party on the back of Nebby and dropped the bombshell that he's leaving, too. Nice one, Ash.

Mallow practically got ditched by everyone. At least her brother came back.

Too many feels in one episode. I loved the montage during the credits, as a homage to the original Sun and Moon games.

Alola's been fun. I'm looking forward to Ash returning there in the next series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And that matters why?

If the next generation is a continuation and not just a reboot, we could've seen them with Ash's other Pokemon at Professor Oak's

I don't care about some 100 episode later bullcrap, where they might show up only if the next generation anime series isn't a reboot.

They are Ash's Pokemon, he should've brought them with him.

I understand why Team Rocket left their Pokemon. They would have to be left at headquarters which Team Rocket said they wouldn't like.

There's LITERALLY NO reason why Ash left his entire ALOLAN team with Kukui. Just the writers sweeping it under the rug.

We're not going to get interactions with Ash's Alolan Pokemon with his other Pokemon AT ALL except what MAYBE if he visits.

What the hell Pokemon is Ash even going to have in the next series. It's going to only be generation 1-6 Pokemon. Maybe some 8th generation MAYBE if they go to the Galar region quickly.

OR are we just going to get Pikachu throughout the entire series with a little bit of Ash's Pokemon.

I don't know why anyone would ever justify this move by the writers or producers. Yes let's just completely sweep Ash's journey in the Alolan region under the rug like it never happened.

League? He didn't win a league *cough* *cough* *stomps on rustling rug* *cough* *cough* Alola what's that?

It's literally confirmed to not be a reboot, why the heck would they bother with the set ups in the episode if they were gonna erase it all. Ash is gonna be traveling the world, he's going to be back to Alola. I doubt very much that it will be a 100 episodes later as the whole premise of the series is that he's going to go to all of the regions so I would think it would rotate rather frequently.

Shotgunrain

So that explains why Rowlet was in the Alola section of the poster for the new anime. I was wondering if it might just be a different Rowlet but it was with Pikipek, so it led me to think that it’s Ash’s Rowlet, and seems that it’s indeed the case.

Konja7

I really doubt this will be the case. If they plan to use them in the new season, they will just put them with Oak (where Ash's other Pokemon are).

That said, I don't think we will see much about Ash's other Pokemon in the new season either.