• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!! (1089)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And so ends the best saga in the show's history.

Everything concluded greatly. Everyone had character arc all throughout the saga, and they all wrapped up by the time we got here, so now they're off to do what they want.

Musically botched as the Pikachu vs Tapu Koko ending was, that's been more than made up for by this episode, especially the goodbye scene in the airport.

And now we wait months for next saga's dub.

Agree. Burnet and Ash's dub voice acting was incredible

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I wasn't able to watch it, but there is one question I've gotta ask.

was the scene with Burnet and Kakui at the end shown or edited in some form?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wasn't able to watch it, but there is one question I've gotta ask.

was the scene with Burnet and Kakui at the end shown or edited in some form?
The only way it was edited was that it wasn't featured as part of the credits. The dub showed the whole montage on its own and then cut to the credits (at least if you watch the episode on the DisneyNOW app). It doesn't feature Type: Wild, but it does give all the scenes in the montage the respect they deserve

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Goodbye Alola, I'm sorry I ever had the misfortune of watching you. Don't get me wrong, it was an alright goodbye episode, I'm just happy it's over. Hopefully the next series will be a little better. Not expecting much, given it also follows a non-traditional format, but maybe it will at least be better than Alola was.

Anyways, what in the world was the point of that supposed excursion to Ultra Space, where Ash seemingly met an Ultra Beast we've never seen before? Every Ultra Beast has been seen by Ash, meaning what he saw here wasn't one of the actual Ultra Beasts, making it a Pokémon we've never seen before. What's up with that? That whole "plot point" was completely unnecessary to the episode, so I'm really confused as to why it was even put in to begin with.

Other question. Why in the world did Ash and Team Rocket leave their Pokémon behind? Team Rocket I kind of get, as the writers just needed an excuse for them to not be used in the next series, but what about Ash's Pokémon? What makes them different from any of his previous Pokémon? Why not bring them back to Kanto like any other of his Pokémon?

Also, this episode got me thinking. Why in the world did they not have Lilly find Mohn during the series? Why did we spend half the series with her having a goal to find him, but never address it. It really feels like they were planning on doing something with that, but weren't able to follow through for some reason. Why tease to us that he's alive, but never actually make it matter? So strange.

Anyways, even for a series I didn't enjoy, this was a pretty decent goodbye episode. Team Rocket and their Pokémon stole the spotlight, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm a little biased in that respect. Also, one of the few things I appreciated about this series was Ash's bond with Kukui, so their goodbye was pretty good for me too. I didn't feel quite as much with the friends, but I never really cared for them much to begin with. On that topic, if they were honestly surprised by Ash leaving forever, then they really didn't know him that well.

Oh, and it's official, we don't get to see Inciniroar battle once. Very lame. To compound matters further, we only really ever saw it as Inciniroar in a small handful of several seconds long scenes where it wasn't even the central focus. It got no focus on it whatsoever after it evolved. Very awkward. Very strange.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The only way it was edited was that it wasn't featured as part of the credits. The dub showed the whole montage on its own and then cut to the credits (at least if you watch the episode on the DisneyNOW app). It doesn't feature Type: Wild, but it does give all the scenes in the montage the respect they deserve

so they did show it, I had a feeling they would've cut that scene out.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
And so ends the worst saga in the show's history. Glad it's finally over
Ash abandoning his Alola team is still complete and utter garbage, hopefully they get transferred/retconned to Oak's at some point like Squirtle was

Ash abandoning his alola team completely fits the theme of the series. Like kukui said, Ash's alola team was family now. Unlike other regions ash had a home and so did his Pokemon. Alola gave back to each other. Their families were in alola. And being in alola they can also participate in ultra guardians like kukui said. It makes perfect sense for them to be somewhere like that thematically then just being oaked. It's not like oaks Pokemon get screentime anyways, if anything they have more of a chance of showing up.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not really sure why seeing Incineroar battle is a high priority for people when we've already seen Kukui's Incineroar battle lots of times. Like, this series had enough issues fitting everything in it wanted to fit in and had to cut stuff out. Between everything else they had to drop due to time constraints a battle for Ash's Incineroar is quite frankly very low on my priority list, well below an evolution for Snowy, Lillie meeting Mohn, more involvement and story for Shaymin, expanded earlier rounds at the league, more development for Togedemaru and Eevee, and resolution of that Nanu/Giovanni connection they built up.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ash abandoning his alola team completely fits the theme of the series. Like kukui said, Ash's alola team was family now. Unlike other regions ash had a home and so did his Pokemon. Alola gave back to each other. Their families were in alola.

Okay, but if that's the case, what does that say about all of Ash's Pokémon from previous regions?

I'm not really sure why seeing Incineroar battle is a high priority for people when we've already seen Kukui's Incineroar battle lots of times. Like, this series had enough issues fitting everything in it wanted to fit in and had to cut stuff out. Between everything else they had to drop due to time constraints a battle for Ash's Incineroar is quite frankly very low on my priority list, well below an evolution for Snowy, Lillie meeting Mohn, more involvement and story for Shaymin, expanded earlier rounds at the league, more development for Togedemaru and Eevee, and resolution of that Nanu/Giovanni connection they built up.

It just feels awkward giving Ash this newly evolved Pokémon, but giving it practically no screen time. Regardless of the symbolism, it was disappointing to see it evolve in the middle of an important battle, only to promptly faint. Of all of Ash's Pokémon, Inciniroar is the only one we haven't seen battle in its current evolutionary form, and that's just strange. It's not like they even had to do all that much. In the last episode, we had a portion of a battle between Ash and Kiawe. If it had just been Inciniroar in that battle instead of Lycanroc, I would have been happy. Also, the fact that we've seen Kukui's Inciniroar battle doesn't matter. I'm not saying this simply because I want to see a Inciniroar battle, I'm saying it because I want to see Ash's Inciniroar battle.

And this is more just my opinion, but I personally highly value Ash fully evolving his Pokémon, especially his starter Pokémon. I hated how Johto and Unova didn't give Ash any fully evolved Starters. I hate that Rowlet was wrongly robbed of its evolution. And I hate that Torracat might as well have not evolved, since we never got to see it do anything once it did evolve. Seeing it battle makes it real. Without the battle, it just feels like this is the third region to not let Ash fully evolve his Starter Pokémon.

I don't disagree that those other things you listed wouldn't have been beneficial for the show, but they also would have been harder to fit in then one simple battle for a single Pokémon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Nothing. This time it was an extremely different case. They had a home. Kukui's home. They were part of a team of guardians. They had connection to Alola. Alola had the whole theme of the Pokemon relationship with nature

At the same time though, Ash is also their family, more so than Kukui or the other Ultra Guardians. Yes, leaving them with Oak isn't the same as them being with Ash, but it certainly feels closer, especially with the next series having Ash based in Kanto.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
At the same time though, Ash is also their family, more so than Kukui or the other Ultra Guardians. Yes, leaving them with Oak isn't the same as them being with Ash, but it certainly feels closer, especially with the next series having Ash based in Kanto.

Yes ash is his family but there's the whole Alola theme. Ash basically has another home in alola. Just like he has a home In kanto where his mons reside, he has a home in alola where his mons reside.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Because none of those plots are investing or nearly as much as Litten’s. Hard to get attached to characters who do barely anything for most of the series.

RafaSceptile

Because none of those plots are investing or nearly as much as Litten’s. Hard to get attached to characters who do barely anything for most of the series.

I'm pretty sure that the SM Cast has more focused episodes than Ash's Litten/Torracat/Incineroar