• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!! (1089)

k6666

Pikachu Fan
watch the sub and i legit crying when last surprise from the alola gang to ash :( really feel emotional , the fact ash tearing up when that happen just make my heart wrench out , best last episode
side note , that really sad being mallow :( after all her friend left her one by one , the shaymin left her too :( , hope best for her future

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'll go ahead and ask about the Steelix in the room: How do we think TPCI is going to handle this episode without an opening and ending again?o_O
They kept the extended ending scene from the XY&Z finale, and they kept the Mirai Connection sequence from episode 90. I see no reason to assume they're cutting anything for time here.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Just watched this and I have way too much to say overall to dump it all here and now, but I just gotta say that this was such an incredibly heartwarming show and it had such a sweet ending. It may sound dumb but this show really meant a lot to me, and I'll admit that as such I got frustrated at times when it felt like it was wasting its potential. But I really feel they brought it together and nailed the ending, frankly I was an emotional wreck for an embarrassing amount of this episode. I'm glad all of the characters are finding fulfillment in their lives, and I can't wait to see what's next for Ash in PM2019!

Soniman

Break the Limit
Trading Ash saying goodbye to his pokémon for a pointless Solgaleo cameo was in extremely poor taste
Yeah that didn't really add anything besides a pointless off screen adventure that really didn't contributr much to the ep tbh

Last edited:

Yce288

Grass type FTW
By the way, Giovanni's theme from the Original Series was used in this episode which is fitting for the fact that this is the last episode to use Shinji Miyazaki's music so using one of his oldest music themes in this episode is like saying farewell to him and his music.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just watched this and I have way too much to say overall to dump it all here and now, but I just gotta say that this was such an incredibly heartwarming show and it had such a sweet ending. It may sound dumb but this show really meant a lot to me, and I'll admit that as such I got frustrated at times when it felt like it was wasting its potential. But I really feel they brought it together and nailed the ending, frankly I was an emotional wreck for an embarrassing amount of this episode. I'm glad all of the characters are finding fulfillment in their lives, and I can't wait to see what's next for Ash in PM2019!
That’s pretty much why I got mad at Ash releasing all of his Pokémon. Sun & Moon ended up being one of the best series Pokémon has ever done and the ending was so close to perfect, but doing something like this left a really sour note on an otherwise practically perfect finale

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
You know, given this anime's use of time travelling, I would not be surprised if Kukui's and Burnet's kid appeared as a 10 year old from the future in a later episode. Equally, given the strange flow of time in this show, I would not be surprised if Burnet was just pregnant forever. The poor girl.

Poor? I'd love to be pregnant forever, granted I could actually give birth to more than one kid! :(

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
That’s pretty much why I got mad at Ash releasing all of his Pokémon. Sun & Moon ended up being one of the best series Pokémon has ever done and the ending was so close to perfect, but doing something like this left a really sour note on an otherwise practically perfect finale
Ash didn't release his Pokémon. He left them with Professor Kukui, which isn't really that much different than leaving them with Professor Oak. Sure, if they were with Oak, then the chances of Ash (read: the audience) seeing them again might increase, since Pallet Town is his home, but there is nothing stopping Ash from calling Kukui and asking him to send over his Pokémon. And with the PK2019 having Ash travel throughout the world, there's a good chance he will visit Alola and see his Alola team again.

Besides, aren't Ash's Alola Pokémon still members of the Ultra Guardians?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So is there an explanation for why Ash leaves his alolan team in Alola?
Kid can't possibly take a winning league team and a trophy back home. Think how the others will feel like for not helping him win a league.

Especially poor Oshawott!

(I think the explanation was he just wanted to leave them there because it felt like a real home to them.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ash didn't release his Pokémon. He left them with Professor Kukui, which isn't really that much different than leaving them with Professor Oak. Sure, if they were with Oak, then the chances of Ash (read: the audience) seeing them again might increase, since Pallet Town is his home, but there is nothing stopping Ash from calling Kukui and asking him to send over his Pokémon. And with the PK2019 having Ash travel throughout the world, there's a good chance he will visit Alola and see his Alola team again.

Besides, aren't Ash's Alola Pokémon still members of the Ultra Guardians?
But isn’t any pokémon not staying at Prof. Oak’s lab considered released?

Bulbabedia lists pokémon that Ash left behind but can still call upon as “released” like Goodra & Squirtle. Plus, Gliscor & Charizard came back after their training & are now living in Prof. Oak’s Lab.

I’m starting to accept this after remembering the themes of family in Alola & how Prof. Kukui is basically Ash’s dad, but it still stings that all of his pokémon will less likely be called upon or be seen interacting with the others at Prof. Oak’s

Red and Blue

But isn’t any pokémon not staying at Prof. Oak’s lab considered released?

Bulbabedia lists pokémon that Ash left behind but can still call upon as “released” like Goodra & Squirtle. Plus, Gliscor & Charizard came back after their training & are now living in Prof. Oak’s Lab.

I’m starting to accept this after remembering the themes of family in Alola & how Prof. Kukui is basically Ash’s dad, but it still stings that all of his pokémon will less likely be called upon or be seen interacting with the others at Prof. Oak’s
Release implies being left in the wild to fend for themselves like Greninja, Lapras, and Pidgeot. Ash's Alolan team are under Kukui and Burnett's care and likewise be sent to Ash whenever he need's them

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
OK, OK, OK! I just wanna ask... the last shot with Professor Kukui and Burnett... I get this feeling it was meant to imply Professor Burnett might be pregnant. I can't be the only one who may see it. Opinions, please.