• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Alola! Respective Departures!! (1089)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really doubt this will be the case. If they plan to use them in the new season, they will just put them with Oak (where Ash's other Pokemon are).

That said, I don't think we will see much about Ash's other Pokemon in the new season either.

There is literally a pic of Ash and Go in Alola with Rowlet lol.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
And that matters why?

If the next generation is a continuation and not just a reboot, we could've seen them with Ash's other Pokemon at Professor Oak's

I don't care about some 100 episode later bullcrap, where they might show up only if the next generation anime series isn't a reboot.

They are Ash's Pokemon, he should've brought them with him.

I understand why Team Rocket left their Pokemon. They would have to be left at headquarters which Team Rocket said they wouldn't like.

There's LITERALLY NO reason why Ash left his entire ALOLAN team with Kukui. Just the writers sweeping it under the rug.

We're not going to get interactions with Ash's Alolan Pokemon with his other Pokemon AT ALL except what MAYBE if he visits.

What the hell Pokemon is Ash even going to have in the next series. It's going to only be generation 1-6 Pokemon. Maybe some 8th generation MAYBE if they go to the Galar region quickly.

OR are we just going to get Pikachu throughout the entire series with a little bit of Ash's Pokemon.

I don't know why anyone would ever justify this move by the writers or producers. Yes let's just completely sweep Ash's journey in the Alolan region under the rug like it never happened.

League? He didn't win a league *cough* *cough* *stomps on rustling rug* *cough* *cough* Alola what's that?

...Okay. A lot to unpack here...

First off, I just skimmed through the episode and such, seeing what was to come. Obviously, everyone's heading on their own separate paths to do what they want, so I'm glad we've got Lillie being proactive in finding her father, Kiawe looking to become the next island kahuna of Akala, Sophocles heading to Hoenn, Lana going with her father to find Manaphy, and Mallow... pretty much just letting Shaymin go once the Gracidea was found. (Okay, that one was a little weak...)

The thing that shocked me the most was Burnet being pregnant. That was a HUGE surprise that I'm glad wasn't spoiled.

Now to the whole "Ash released his Pokémon again" part. ...I'm not surprised. Ash is known to give his teams a break after each season, and it's only fair to let his Alolan team that carried him to a championship and a victory against Kukui have some more rest before getting back into action. Yes, I'd love to see them interact amongst Ash's other Pokémon for new character interactions, but I'm not totally against the idea of them sticking around in Alola. If Ash is travelling around the regions like the next series promises, then we'll go back to Alola and see those Pokémon of his again, along with some new interactions between them and the characters.

Look, this episode just felt wholesome to me, despite the fact that I skimmed through just to see if things had changed. I find it really bad that you find one thing about this episode that sucks and then paint the rest of it with a broad brush. Like yeah, there are some things that I don't like about it.

But the things I do like were made better since I've been watching this series from the beginning, even though I had my own issues with it. So yeah, not a great ending to a series for some, but I still liked it. And I hope you look past the whole part of Ash giving up his team again to like it, too. I'm not going to justify it because I already know it's inevitable.

TheScentedApple

That was... wow. I didn't expect to ever miss Sun and Moon but it definitely went above and beyond what any of us ever thought it would be. Today's episode only furthered this. Team Rocket RELEASES Mimikyu and Mareanie, I really thought they would be brought over but I guess not, and leaving the Z-Ring behind made sense. I'm still a little confused why Rotom left considering we literally have a Rotom phone next anime? Nebby coming back just seemed like a way to tie things all together, he was technically one of Ash's Pokemon in terms of him raising it. Magearna having the ability to find "souls" is actually feasible and makes sense with her soul heart and what not and I'm really glad Lillie got some bonding time with it.

Ash leaving all his pokemon with Kukui and not Oak? Much rather them sit in Alola than Kanto, Rowlet has family ties, Lycanroc has his whole bond with Kukui thing (still? idk), Incineroar could honestly have left and Melmetal would just become a research project for Oak, so I'm glad they're staying. The good byes were really emotional for me, Lillie leaving was known from the preview but the way she acknowledges Ash for helping her be able to touch pokemon again is touching. The Ultra Guardians good-bye was amazingly done, Melmetal having a jetpack is everything I ever wanted. Burnet crying at the airport was so sweet and I just want Ash to come back to Alola now, TO SEE THAT BURNET IS PREGNANT UM HELLO, does this mean time will pass, who knows. Sophocles leaving (but coming back since it's the holiday intership?) was cute going with Molayne. Mallow having to say goodbye to Lana and Kiawe, whilst staying at her restaurant was really tough to see the best SM girl staying in Alola, at least we know where she is though for next series! Sky Forme Shaymin just kind of felt like it had to happen, too bad it wasn't done sooner. Overall, I loved it, Thank You Sun and Moon

Nikinini

And that matters why?

If the next generation is a continuation and not just a reboot, we could've seen them with Ash's other Pokemon at Professor Oak's

I don't care about some 100 episode later bullcrap, where they might show up only if the next generation anime series isn't a reboot.

They are Ash's Pokemon, he should've brought them with him.

I understand why Team Rocket left their Pokemon. They would have to be left at headquarters which Team Rocket said they wouldn't like.

There's LITERALLY NO reason why Ash left his entire ALOLAN team with Kukui. Just the writers sweeping it under the rug.

We're not going to get interactions with Ash's Alolan Pokemon with his other Pokemon AT ALL except what MAYBE if he visits.

What the hell Pokemon is Ash even going to have in the next series. It's going to only be generation 1-6 Pokemon. Maybe some 8th generation MAYBE if they go to the Galar region quickly.

OR are we just going to get Pikachu throughout the entire series with a little bit of Ash's Pokemon.

I don't know why anyone would ever justify this move by the writers or producers. Yes let's just completely sweep Ash's journey in the Alolan region under the rug like it never happened.

League? He didn't win a league *cough* *cough* *stomps on rustling rug* *cough* *cough* Alola what's that?

Next year it's gonna be literally 10 years since we saw ANY of Ash's old pokemon, with the exception of Charizard and a single photo at the end of BW, 6 years ago.

Ash "releasing" pokemon(with the exception of Buttefree and Lapras who now have their own lives with their own families) already doesn't matter as it has been shown twice that they're still his pokemon and can be called back/come back to be used in battle, him leaving some with Kukui is literally the same thing as him leaving them with Oak.

If the writters want them to come back they will. If they don't then we can never see them again for decades. It's just a matter of where they're staying, they're all still his pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That poster has a Rowlet. We don't know if it is Ash's Rowlet.

In itself, the fact he is leaving this Pokemon in Alola means he won't have access to them.

After all, if the new anime plans to use these Alola Pokemon, Ash would have these Pokemon with the others in Kanto.

It is obviously Ash's Rowlet, why would they be around a different random Rowlet.

No it doesn't?? Alola is not some tech dark zone, all he has to do is call Kukui you know the pokemon PROFESSOR, and say hey, mind sending over Lycanroc. He's kept pokemon with a different professor other then Professor Oak before.

BabaVanga

It wasn't as good of an episode as I expected, too many things were rushed and it felt like the writers just want this series get over with. SM has been my favorite series and I think it deserved a better send-off.

Ash leaving his Alola team makes sense, he keeps way too many Pokémon at Oak's now. I kinda wish now he did the same thing in previous regions too.

I'm going to miss Alola but I'm excited for the new series, it seems PM will keep SM's lighthearted tone so maybe they'll "fix" some older regions when Ash revisits them and make them more like Alola.

Konja7

It is obviously Ash's Rowlet, why would they be around a different random Rowlet.

No it doesn't?? Alola is not some tech dark zone, all he has to do is call Kukui you know the pokemon PROFESSOR, and say hey, mind sending over Lycanroc. He's kept pokemon with a different professor other then Professor Oak before.

It's s poster, we don't know if Ash and Go will be around that Rowlet.

Not that they can't get a new Rowlet for Go.

Sure, they could contact Kukui and ask for a Pokemon. However, I think the reason why Ash left his Pokemon with Kuki (instead of Oak) is because the writers don't plan to use them in the new anime.

DatsRight

They sure had a lot to process here, but still seemed reasonably emotional and sweet. I need subs to get full context (wanna find out what Meowth's talk with Mimikyu was) but this was genuinely poignant. I was invested in SM pretty much the whole way.

The bit with Team Rocket packing up their lab was a rather depressing visual. Truly visualises it as an awesome vacation that's coming to an end.

Mimikyu has one final face off with Pikachu but then leaves heartbroken. Looks like he did genuinely respect his rival.

TR deciding to let their Pokemon stay in paradise was disappointing, wanted them to be recurrent, but it shows the trio's sweet side. Way more satisfying way to end things than BW where they sold out their Pokemon drones.

I like how Lillie's leave looked like it would be very formal, only for her to run and say her thank yous to Ash.

Is it bad out of all of these I was most saddened by Shaymin? I was genuinely hoping it would stay a little longer and get proper screen time in some return appearances next series, but at least it was a rather sweet departure. I liked the little touch of Mallow's keeping its docile look instead of the standard 'badass' expression most Sky Forme have.

Gotta feel bad for Mallow though, nearly everyone has parted ways with the Team Mom of the group. Let's hope Ash visits her next series.

I love Ash's departure had way more emotion this series, you could tell the guy had gotten attached to this place. Looks like the professors are having a baby (wonder if it will ten by the time Ash comes back :p). All of Ash's Pokemon are Kukui-ed it seems (though hopefully the same reserve rules count as with Oak-ed Pokemon (not like it matters much in the newer series anyway though).

I'm a little disappointed SM ended up rather self contained, though at least not quite as bad as last series. Pikachu still has Electro Web and Matori's Meowth is sticking around I guess. But no Incineroar for Delia???

On a side note, surprised we didn't get "Alola!" one last time instead of "Type Wild" for the ending.

p96822

Evolve me please
They sure had a lot to process here, but still seemed reasonably emotional and sweet. I need subs to get full context (wanna find out what Meowth's talk with Mimikyu was) but this was genuinely poignant. I was invested in SM pretty much the whole way.

The bit with Team Rocket packing up their lab was a rather depressing visual. Truly visualises it as an awesome vacation that's coming to an end.

Mimikyu has one final face off with Pikachu but then leaves heartbroken. Looks like he did genuinely respect his rival.

TR deciding to let their Pokemon stay in paradise was disappointing, wanted them to be recurrent, but it shows the trio's sweet side. Way more satisfying way to end things than BW where they sold out their Pokemon drones.

I like how Lillie's leave looked like it would be very formal, only for her to run and say her thank yous to Ash.

Is it bad out of all of these I was most saddened by Shaymin? I was genuinely hoping it would stay a little longer and get proper screen time in some return appearances next series, but at least it was a rather sweet departure. I liked the little touch of Mallow's keeping its docile look instead of the standard 'badass' expression most Sky Forme have.

Gotta feel bad for Mallow though, nearly everyone has parted ways with the Team Mom of the group. Let's hope Ash visits her next series.

I love Ash's departure had way more emotion this series, you could tell the guy had gotten attached to this place.

really I rather not have team rocket blast off by Bewear. It makes the goodbyes seem like a joke

Ultra Beast Lover

Goodbye Alola, bye Ash's friends, thank you for not stalking TR anymore Bewear, bye dad Ash never had be sure to give his Pokemon a lot of love, bye TR's Pokemon I'm happy you're not all relegated to the same fate as the others, take care of them Bewear, goodbye!