• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Solgaleo! You are Our Nebby!! (998)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So could anyone who understands Japanese tell me what was the Ultra Guardian words about? Is that a thing in the games or something?
No, the 'Ultra Guardians' is anime only.

Its a group which Lusamine and 'AF' has created in order to combat threats that may fall on Alola, specifically because of the Ultra Wormhole or Ultra Beasts. Ash & Co. have been asked to join that group, which they have agreed to.
By the way, from how it was hinted (which i feel i was able to catch with my poor Japanese skills), i think there would be more members to this Ultra Guardians who would appear later on.

Also i feel that Looker might appear as well, to help out with cases relating to UB's, and possible work with the 'Ultra Guardians'.

Also Gladion's part was interesting.
If i am correct, Gladion was now officially planning to do the whole Island Challenge, just like Ash, and battle all Totem Pokemon and Kahuna's.

Also, the way he was talking about '10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt', i think its almost certain that the next time we see him, he would most likely have 'Lycanium Z'.

Final issue, Faba just said sorry and like was forgiven? Dfuq
Same as the games.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I like to think that Faba lied and said neurotoxins made him act loopy so Lusamine was like, "Oh ok."

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Poipole at the end and the whole Ultra Guardians thing makes me sure we'll see Nebby again and even Necrozma, perfect!
Very cute episode also, we need more of these

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The wedding was so nice. Storyboard Artist & Episode Director Asada Yuuji really went all out in the transitions between shots and scenes. I also loved how Mokurou kept getting hurt!

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This episode was pretty cute. It's Kukui's and Burnet's wedding!!!!!!!!!!! They went from engaged to married in a span of a day lol! I loved how Ash was the ring bearer (he was so nervous. I knew he had stage fright but he did a really good job!) and Olivia was the one to catch the bouquet (I swear Mallow would've gotten it if Olivia didn't!) It was a bit sad seeing Solgaleo leave, I sympathize with Ash seeing how his relationship with Nebby was. He was sad but also happy for Solgaleo's help. Burnet was so beautiful in that dress, I loved how everyone helped in some way. Ash was the one to ask Principal Oak to be the pastor/priest/whoever to bless the union between these two. Lana, Sophocles, and Kiawe invited Olivia and Mallow and her dad (as well as getting Alola pancakes) cooked the food. It was a relief that Team Rocket didn't interrupt the ceremony, Hidoide's daydream of marrying James was funny lol!

It was just so touching seeing everyone that we saw were there. Only the girls were interested in catching the bouquet (maybe Olivia will have a higher chance of getting a boyfriend now that she was the one to catch it.) The few things I didn't like were that some of the moments like Gladion appearing to Ash as he was walking or the scenes with the Aether Foundation employees felt inserted and rushed like it had to be inserted during that time. I also didn't like Principal Oak's horrid faces and puns (but that's to be expected) and a few of the faces some characters made. Like can't they just draw their expression without it being overly exaggerated or silly at a time where it should be serious? Faba apologizing just like that feels like a slap on the wrist (and it shouldn't have been during Kukui's and Burnet's wedding ceremony) and Lusamine was boring. Same with Lillie's unneeded pause.

satopi

Kukui & Burnet wasn't kissing during the sunset. They were talking. I think the part of only showing their feet was to make the scene more romantic and build up to Kukui's proposal. I think Kukui was trying to get the words out to tell her but she couldn't understand (or maybe she did but... I don't know!) I mean really, the soft, almost whispery tone they were saying to each other, the mixed casual-serious talking, showing only their feet, it was to set the mood!

And Kukui and Burnet were about to kiss when Principal Oak told them to (you know, don't be shy! ;)) but Munchlax comically kissed Principal Oak and you can say they kissed off screen.

This arc isn't over. As some have already said, with Lusamine talking about more Ultra Beasts and such, there's more to look into. Solgaleo will return and Poipole appeared in the end scene.

satopi

Everything is still rushed so far compared to previous seasons
Like the previous seasons didn't have rushed moments. SM isn't over and you're whining over an underwhelming arc that isn't the entirety of the anime. The AF arc was rushed, not the entire anime.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
SM in it's entirety is one of the if not the most rushed regions in all of the pokemon anime...
Considering there's no Gym's, only 4 islands, and even the protagonist in the game is only completing trials because its a standard procedure with no known reward for completion (until Kakui reveals he's building a league halfway through)... I'm not entirely sure what you were expecting the anime to accomplish here? I suppose the arc itself could have been longer, but the show isn't over yet. We're still not even sure if it's only gonna be a 3 year series or if a 4th will be in order, since that depends on the Switch games.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Like the previous seasons didn't have rushed moments. SM isn't over and you're whining over an underwhelming arc that isn't the entirety of the anime. The AF arc was rushed, not the entire anime.

Not just the AF arc though, even the Akala arc was horribly rushed. I'm not saying the whole SM is going to be rushed, but it cannot be denied that as of this moment at 55 episodes, the anime does feel like it's rushing through, given how they wrapped up two major arcs in the form of Akala, and AF part 1 so quickly. I can only hope that the USUM portion of the plot would be handled better without being rushed.

Not just the AF arc though, even the Akala arc was horribly rushed. I'm not saying the whole SM is going to be rushed, but it cannot be denied that as of this moment at 55 episodes, the anime does feel like it's rushing through, given how they wrapped up two major arcs in the form of Akala, and AF part 1 so quickly. I can only hope that the USUM portion of the plot would be handled better without being rushed.

This. People give SM too much credit.

Epicocity

I wouldn't say SM itself is rushed (given we've no idea of when Gen VIII will drop or what the future holds), but what I think is better is to say it's poorly paced. As a friend once described it, it's like SM pushes real hard on the gas pedal and then slams on the breaks. If we're not moving at a breakneck pace through material, we're on complete hold with Melemele filler. There's no gradual build in the pace but a very jerky start and stop. I think that's really about the extent of what we can say about it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Let's be honest here.

Akala's pacing was probably due to wanting to debut Dusk Form Lycanroc so they can promote USUM.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was out of the writers hands.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I wouldn't say SM itself is rushed (given we've no idea of when Gen VIII will drop or what the future holds), but what I think is better is to say it's poorly paced. As a friend once described it, it's like SM pushes real hard on the gas pedal and then slams on the breaks. If we're not moving at a breakneck pace through material, we're on complete hold with Melemele filler. There's no gradual build in the pace but a very jerky start and stop. I think that's really about the extent of what we can say about it.

Yeah I meant it that way. The whole SM anime hasn't been rushed, but the pacing is just extremely wonky, since you could either have long periods of minimal things happening, like that Melemele Island spell from episode 11 to 31, or, it can go at breakneck pace, like what happened in Akala and the now concluded part 1 of AF. With USUM now hinted though Poipole, I'm really hoping that there will be proper build up and pacing for the whole Necrozma arc.

DatsRight

The problem was that the AF arc was still tied heavily to elements that had permanent effect on the series as a whole, largely Lillie's development with her family and Nebby, and Kukui suddenly marrying a girl he's interacted with for about three episodes. I've supported SM in many regards but. This. Is. Lazy. and it's going leave a stain on how the series runs from now on too.

Other series have been as bad too, but that's what worries me. Each one tends to get lazy and pretentious around the one season mark. I suppose we can expect loads of episodes consisting of nothing but 'look how developed the characters are' exposition over genuine characterisation and chemistry (already started to happen), and TR curb stomps taking up every third act. I liked you, SM. Why did you have to ruin it?

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The anime season of SM isn't over yet

But so far it is rushed to hell. Even this episode's title has a wrong focus that only lasted like a minute near end next to a plot that has no bearing on the overall mood set by the arc.

I blame the fact Melemele took away so many episodes that could have been used for Akala or even extend the short-lived AF arc. Hell, next episode we're back to Melemele hi-jinks. Way more hell, if the next Pokemon game somehow debuts next year, this region is going to go into overdrive.

...And Ash's Rowlet will have amassed a lot of bird poop in his backpack without having evolved.

Last edited: