• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Solgaleo! You are Our Nebby!! (998)

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far. I loved Kukui’s proposal to Burnet in this episode, it was quite creative to put the ring inside of the PokeBall. This episode also made me fall in love with Ash’s Rowlet even more, he had me cracking up several times during this episode. Gible is still to be my favorite of Ash’s Pokemon but don’t be surprised if Rowlet overtakes Gible at some point. That was so sweet of the students to plan a ceremony for Kukui and Burnet, it shows they really do care about Kukui. It was not surprising that Gladion is planning to take on the Island Challenge. He is definitrly going to be a rival to Ash. Still I have hope for Kukui vs. Ash at the Alola League.

One complaint I have is why there was such a lack on Solgaleo in this episode. It disappeared at the end of the previous episode and comes back for like five seconds in this episode. It barely got any screetime and didn’t even get a proper farewell. That was such a letdown. Hopefully we see Nebby again in the future.

I’m going to give this episode a 7 out of 10. I enjoyed the wedding but the fact that Solgaleo only got like five minutes at the end and barely got a horrible goodbye makes it take a hit.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally got around to watching this episode and it was a... mehh kind of episode.

I enjoyed the proposal and the wedding. I also loved the fact that it was the students who organized the wedding, that was so thoughtful of them. Ash’s Rowlet was, by far, the MVP of this episode. I swear I love that little owl, it is just the most adorable thing ever. I honestly hope and pray that they do not evolve it into Dartrix. Please keep it as a Rowlet for all eternity.

What I did not like was the fact that Nebby disappeared at the previous episode, only to show up for like five minutes at the end. I did not expect them to go into detail about why Nebby could not stay but what we actually got was so underwhelming. Ash barely got any time to properly say goodbye. It’s pretty much Ash hears Solgaleo’s roar and there it is in the sky, okay now it’s time to say goodbye. Before you know, it’s gone. Come on. They could have done so much with this episode but it was complete letdown in opinion.

That being said, I give this episode a 6.5 out of 10, probably the worst episode of the SM series so far. There were so many things wrong with this episode and the lack of a proper goodbye for Ash and Nebby was, by far, the worst.

SONW

If you're all expecting SM arcs to be as well written and well-paced like XY or DP

It's funny how people keep saying the same things as if it were a meme or something.

It's the same when they say that SM is a series full of "fillers". An assertion that is based purely on guesswork.

The episode clearly shows that the games are different from the anime, here, everything that happened in the "aether arc" will boost something totally different.

All accustomed to the old pokemon scheme, when there were some episodes of gyms / constests / catches and the rest were basically characters of the day burning several episodes.

Many seem to admit that now the anime has returned to what it was in the early episodes, that they hastened things and will slow it down again. Whoever says this seems totally ignorant that those first episodes were the introduction of the characters, as well as the introduction of the current arc itself. They see it as an isolated thing from the series, as villain arcs usually are. This arc is connected to the past, present and future of the series.
Now it is time, in fact, for the new stage of the series. I hope the quality holds true.

I ask again: Regarding what the "aether arc" was rushed?

Well, I was planning to end my presence on this forum when the arc ended. I just wanted to check out what the Pokemon fandom was like, and man, what a disappointment! Seriously, a few times I've seen both hate and fierce fights within the same fandom. All of this here boils down to GEN / SHIPPING / BESTPOKEGIRL WAR. Even if they deny, create arguments and excuses, deep down all they are doing is to decrease the other seasons of the same anime to praise their favorite. It's like a cycle of hate, you can not go to a place like that without participating in this idiocy too (Here I am doing the same thing I'm criticizing).
Maybe the anime itself is to blame for that.
Yes, I am stating that anime is not really discussed here. What are made are comments to praise or criticize certain series.

I really wanted to find a place to discuss the anime without all this GenWar, a healthy place to have discussions about the anime. But so far I have not found anything (so I think the problem is the pokemon fandom itself, not the places). I really would not recommend a place like this for a pokemon fan. Here the series is not celebrated, it foments hatred for the others.

That way, I will try to return to watching the anime in the right way: just worrying about my own opinion. The problem is that arguing on the internet is a kind of vice in many people. So I can still come here again and again (considering that what made me answer someone for the first time was the level of criticism with wrong comments about the series)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Finally got a chance to watch this episode.

I expected Solgaleo's farewell to take up more of the episode, and I'm disappointed that it got so little focus, and that Solgaleo itself got so little focus, especially since it was the focus of the episode's title. It disappears before the start of the episode, then reappears for a few seconds near the end. The least it could have done was come down from the sky to say a proper farewell to Ash, Lillie, and the others. I can only assume that this isn't the last we'll see of Solgaleo.

I really liked the proposal scene. Kukui hiding the engagement ring inside a Pokéball was clever and totally in-character for him. I also liked the exchange between them, with Burnet saying, "I choose you" and Kukui responding with "I guess...I got you?"loved Ash's reaction to the news that the two of them were getting married. He just looked so genuinely happy.

It was sweet of the students to put on a surprise wedding for Kukui and Burnet, but I do wish we had seen more of the preparations. Additionally, it would have been nice if the wedding attendants had actually dressed up for the occasion. I did like how nervous Ash was to be the ringbearer, though. That made me chuckle.

So it seems Gladion is officially Ash's main rival this series, at least for now, and to be honest, I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm not sure how I feel about Ash and Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt being his inspiration to do the Island Challenge, though.

Hammad80

So far, in the anime, no one is stronger than Ash except Gladion, who could be on par (considering only potential league participants). I wonder who the Alain will be in this anime when (if) Ash enters the league.
And if Ash (which I hope he does) captures Poipole and evolves it into Naganadel, and evolves his Rowlet to Decidueye, Ash will be a power house.

Hammad80

Yeah I meant it that way. The whole SM anime hasn't been rushed, but the pacing is just extremely wonky, since you could either have long periods of minimal things happening, like that Melemele Island spell from episode 11 to 31, or, it can go at breakneck pace, like what happened in Akala and the now concluded part 1 of AF. With USUM now hinted though Poipole, I'm really hoping that there will be proper build up and pacing for the whole Necrozma arc.

S&M (so far) in a Nutshell:
Long period of mainly boring filler -> short period of underwhelming, but kinda excitable action -> Long period of boring filler -> Insanely rushed period of story action

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Finally got a chance to watch this episode.

I expected Solgaleo's farewell to take up more of the episode, and I'm disappointed that it got so little focus, and that Solgaleo itself got so little focus, especially since it was the focus of the episode's title. It disappears before the start of the episode, then reappears for a few seconds near the end. The least it could have done was come down from the sky to say a proper farewell to Ash, Lillie, and the others. I can only assume that this isn't the last we'll see of Solgaleo.

I really liked the proposal scene. Kukui hiding the engagement ring inside a Pokéball was clever and totally in-character for him. I also liked the exchange between them, with Burnet saying, "I choose you" and Kukui responding with "I guess...I got you?"loved Ash's reaction to the news that the two of them were getting married. He just looked so genuinely happy.

It was sweet of the students to put on a surprise wedding for Kukui and Burnet, but I do wish we had seen more of the preparations. Additionally, it would have been nice if the wedding attendants had actually dressed up for the occasion. I did like how nervous Ash was to be the ringbearer, though. That made me chuckle.

So it seems Gladion is officially Ash's main rival this series, at least for now, and to be honest, I'm not the least bit surprised. I'm not sure how I feel about Ash and Pikachu's 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt being his inspiration to do the Island Challenge, though.

Welp. I still haven't had time to see this episode, but this sounds extremely familiar...

Fingers crossed this turns out better than last time 'round.

GiddyupGal

smarter than i usually act
i cant believe they actually went through with a real wedding after being such teases during kalos. i know they're married in-game but it seemed to happen so fast in the anime. maybe they were involved in the past or something. i wish nebby had stayed nebby longer though instead of evolving into solgaleo so fast

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kukui-hakase's wedding to Burnet-hakase was so well done, which took me by surprise knowing how SM tends to be. Hoshigumo-chan's farewell was sad, yet I'm so used to seeing Pokemon depart the cast that I wasn't quite as disappointed as when Meloetta left in Best Wishes.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow, the dub title for this episode makes a lot more sense than the original (I just found out the original title only just now when I was trying to find this thread).

Wow I didn't expect these Lillie's diary segments to continue beyond last week! Does the narrator have a permanent replacement! Also, the title screen music went back to what it used to be before this arc.. did it do the same in the original in this episode?

This was a great episode but I honestly wish Professor Burnet had been a recurring character throughout Season 20 so that we could have seen their relationship grow over a longer period of time.

Sophocles calling both of them each other's wives was funny

Not really sure why they didn't originally want to have a wedding ceremony, but I'm glad the kids forced it on them :) They definitely had a great time

I'm surprised Principal Oak only found out they were getting married because the kids told him.. Professor Kukui wouldn't tell his own boss??

Gladion was way too dramatic .. this region is tiny and Ash is doing the Island Challenge too you silly.. you don't need to "go off" on a journey.

I just hope that Gladion doesn't become the Alain, i.e. Silvally is forever unbeatable to Ash the way Mega Charizard X was.

I don't really get why Professor Kukui kept his Braviary a secret.. I will say that now that we know that he has one.. Braviary should replace Lycanroc in the ending because it makes even less sense now that Professor Kukui is revealed to have a Pokémon of his own.

They still can't show an onscreen kiss for whatever reason, even between adults who are getting married, smh. Things clearly haven't changed much since XY&Z47.

I'm glad Olivia actually caught the bouquet.. I was afraid they were going to do the typical children's show supposedly "humorous" moment where either no one caught it or a Pokémon caught it (or Munchlax ate it or something).

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
Wow, the dub title for this episode makes a lot more sense than the original (I just found out the original title only just now when I was trying to find this thread).
The reason for the original title is because they were hiding the fact that there would be a wedding, nothing in the summaries or previews said or showed Kukui and Burnet getting married (there was just a hint of something happening from the summaries saying that Kukui had something important to tell Satoshi) . Once Kukui's proposal to Burnet happened, when this episode aired in Japan, it was a nice and fantastic surprise as we were not even expecting this episode to even be about these two from the Japanese title, which in fact references something that happens at the end of the episode (it was a trick title and a really good on at that).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The reason for the original title is because they were hiding the fact that there would be a wedding, nothing in the summaries or previews said or showed Kukui and Burnet getting married (there was just a hint of something happening from the summaries saying that Kukui had something important to tell Satoshi) . Once Kukui's proposal to Burnet happened, when this episode aired in Japan, it was a nice and fantastic surprise as we were not even expecting this episode to even be about these two from the Japanese title, which in fact references something that happens at the end of the episode (it was a trick title and a really good on at that).
actually, you could see the wedding somewhat in the preview if you looked more closely

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
actually, you could see the wedding somewhat in the preview if you looked more closely
Yes, there was a hint of it, but nothing showed Kukui and Burnet actually getting married. It just showed everyone cheering over something.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Back to normal life with the addition of a wife for Kukui. I never thought that'd happen in this show. But even during a wedding they can't show an onscreen kiss?? And Gladion could've spared some time to show up to the wedding. Oh well. It was still a fun episode.

They let Faba off way too easy. Although it's interesting that Ash and his friends are now on a task force. I hope that arc turns out better than the Aether Arc.

I knew last week's shoddy music editing was just a fluke. This week's dub music was back to being amazing. The proposal scene got a very nice piece for it, as did the scene where Kukui woke up to see Burnett in her dress. And as an added bonus, Ed Goldfarb did his own cover of the Wedding March! And another instrumental of Under the Alolan Moon made its debut and it sounded great. The true final track I'm sure will be Poipole's theme, which might be the most adorable use of techno synth ever.

Before I forget: who cares about the glass edit?? And also, I predict there'll be the usual dictionary rewriting attempts to try to make the dub wrong to pronounce Nihilego's name the way it did. That never fails to baffle me.

And so episode 1,000 turned out refreshing and nice.

For 1,000 episodes (give or take), 4kids and TPCi combined have taken what was once an impossibly ****ing annoying torture weapon of a show and turned it into an enjoyable Saturday morning cartoon. All they needed to do to accomplish that was cast better, write better, and musically compose and score better than Japan did, and except for the First Movie and The Legend of Thunder, they've done just that. They even made a better choice of episode to count as 1,000 than Japan did. I owe them a lot.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh? You're telling me those two weren't already married? I just kind of assumed...

Anyways, the episode was a little boring, but seeing as something like a wedding and romance-based scenes have never happened before in Pokémon, I'll give it a pass for its novelty. My biggest issue with this episode is the fact that the students went ahead and made their own ceremony after Kukui specifically said he didn't want one. Did it not even occur to them that there's a reason he and Burnett decided not to have a ceremony? That seemed a little messed up to me.

Oh, and also, pancakes as your wedding cake? Seriously? Are you joking? What the heck?

As far as the 1,000th dub episode thing goes, it wasn't the worst episode the 1,000 could have ended up one. Much better than some random pointless episode that Sun and Moon is so full of, but it's too bad it couldn't have come just one episode earlier. Even the Japanese 1,000th marked an important point in the story. I know they have no control over it, due to the banned episodes. It's just a shame.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Back to normal life with the addition of a wife for Kukui. I never thought that'd happen in this show. But even during a wedding they can't show an onscreen kiss?? And Gladion could've spared some time to show up to the wedding. Oh well. It was still a fun episode.

They let Faba off way too easy. Although it's interesting that Ash and his friends are now on a task force. I hope that arc turns out better than the Aether Arc.

I knew last week's shoddy music editing was just a fluke. This week's dub music was back to being amazing. The proposal scene got a very nice piece for it, as did the scene where Kukui woke up to see Burnett in her dress. And as an added bonus, Ed Goldfarb did his own cover of the Wedding March! And another instrumental of Under the Alolan Moon made its debut and it sounded great. The true final track I'm sure will be Poipole's theme, which might be the most adorable use of techno synth ever.

Before I forget: who cares about the glass edit?? And also, I predict there'll be the usual dictionary rewriting attempts to try to make the dub wrong to pronounce Nihilego's name the way it did. That never fails to baffle me.

And so episode 1,000 turned out refreshing and nice.

For 1,000 episodes (give or take), 4kids and TPCi combined have taken what was once an impossibly ****ing annoying torture weapon of a show and turned it into an enjoyable Saturday morning cartoon. All they needed to do to accomplish that was cast better, write better, and musically compose and score better than Japan did, and except for the First Movie and The Legend of Thunder, they've done just that. They even made a better choice of episode to count as 1,000 than Japan did. I owe them a lot.
pretty sure the wedding march song was also in the japanese version (unless it's a different version in the dub, not sure)

Ryu Taylor

pretty sure the wedding march song was also in the japanese version (unless it's a different version in the dub, not sure)
Yes, but it was remixed by Shinji Miyazaki in the JP version. And as you know me by now, Miyazaki + remixing = total disaster.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes, but it was remixed by Shinji Miyazaki in the JP version. And as you know me by now, Miyazaki + remixing = total disaster.
so the one in the dub is another version? I'll go check it out then

Ryu Taylor

so the one in the dub is another version? I'll go check it out then
Yes it is. I can't promise you'll like it, but I think it's still work checking out.

Plus, as far as I'm concerned, this is a bit of evidence that Ed Goldfarb can also remix better than Miyazaki can.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yes it is. I can't promise you'll like it, but I think it's still work checking out.

Plus, as far as I'm concerned, this is a bit of evidence that Ed Goldfarb can also remix better than Miyazaki can.
I liked both, though goldfarb's version having a more tropical touch to it was a nice touch, still not much of a fan of most voices though