• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thank You, Solgaleo! You are Our Nebby!! (998)

Vipsoccermaster

Being the 1,000th episode, it was pretty good, for Kukui and Burnet officially getting married! Liked how the students helped prepare the wedding and invited others to join. It's a shame that Gladion didn't participate, but alas, he has his reasons. Now Ash has a couple to contend with.

Ash and his friends better be ready to take on returning Ultra Beasts to where they once belonged.

Oh, hi, Poipole.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Rowlet alone made this episode enjoyable for me.

The wedding was nice, Principal Oak creeped me out again with his puns, and it had decent amount of Lillie and Lusamine screentime.

8/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I wonder whether other than ''Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Decisive match!!', there has been a more misleading title than this. LMAO Solgaleo was only shown leaving for a few minutes, and the entire focus was on Kukui and Burnet's wedding!

XY59: Ash and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and Presents!!

The wedding was so nice. Storyboard Artist & Episode Director Asada Yuuji really went all out in the transitions between shots and scenes.

I'm surprised you liked this episode? I'm surprised you of all people wasn't more pissed they didn't even show an onscreen kiss during a wedding??

I also loved how Mokurou kept getting hurt!

Are you a sadist?

They went from engaged to married in a span of a day lol!

I don't think so.. the episode took place over a few days while the kids planned everything.. I would say about a week.

We're still not even sure if it's only gonna be a 3 year series or if a 4th will be in order, since that depends on the Switch games.

It's interesting that you're going between 3 and 4, because I'm between 3 and TWO!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At least this dubbed title is better than the horrible Japanese title that was only worth it for...20 seconds. Still, it doesn't wash the horrendous taste of the previous dubbed title.

I wanted Lusamine to be in a coma from extreme Nihilego poisoning and force Lillie to go to Kanto for a doctor. Oh well. Shame she reverted back to her Nihilego-like getup.

...Did Lillie and the others leave in a helicopter (that Burnet should have used to get there in the first place) but left Ash and the other classmates in a dangerous valley at sundown. What. The. Hell.

Even freaking Kukui left them as well, AKA the man who scolded Ash for going out at night. World's greatest teacher, everyone.

The wedding was nice, but the buildup to it was not. The romance between the professors was poorly handled since the script made almost no effort in making subtle romantic gestures between both in every episode the focus was on them both alone, not to mention this was sort of a B plot in an arc that was rushed as well. About the only romantic thing that was seen was Kukui rescuing Burnet from the Dragon Pokemon at the cave, but that was totally unnecessary because Burnet somehow just didn't think about using a helicopter to reach the altar...and she had been there before already.

Poor Kukui got the surprise while in his jammies.

Not even in the anime, Olivia. You're already married to your rock dog.

What is this anime's problem in not showing humans kissing?!

Last edited:

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
What is this anime's problem is not showing humans kissing?!

Series Director Yajima Tetsuo wanted Serena to kiss Satoshi in the last episode of XY but that had to be removed to make the series easier to sell to the lowest common denominator. It's purely a money decision coming down on the actual production team.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
About the only romantic thing that was seen was Kukui rescuing Burnet from the Dragon Pokemon at the cave

also their conversation walking home together from the grocery store during the sleepover episode

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Not really sure what you'd rather have them do. Kukui is a supporting character, Burnet is a minor supporting character, and pokémon is not a romance show. As someone else already said earlier in this thread, Pokémon is a goofy kid's show about magical pets. Kukui and Burnet being lovey-dovey together would just be cringeworthy and weird so they just moved all that stuff off-screen, only leaving a few hints to it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This episode has no right being called the 1,000 episode.
A wedding between two supporting characters, one of which showed up only 10 episodes prior! It was rushed as **** and if they wanted them to be married, they should have just started them off that way and say Burnet was doing important research for the Foundation to explain her absence.

This episode is one of the worst ever, but not the worst.

Now that I've watched Naruto, it also feels like "Hey, let's do our own wedding!" They even did the **** Sasuke did with Gladion!

1.5 - and that's only because of Samson Oak and his wonderful puns; And Kanto Vulpix, Hala, and Olivia showing up

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
This episode has no right being called the 1,000 episode.
A wedding between two supporting characters, one of which showed up only 10 episodes prior! It was rushed as **** and if they wanted them to be married, they should have just started them off that way and say Burnet was doing important research for the Foundation to explain her absence.

This episode is one of the worst ever, but not the worst.

Now that I've watched Naruto, it also feels like "Hey, let's do our own wedding!" They even did the **** Sasuke did with Gladion!

1.5 - and that's only because of Samson Oak and his wonderful puns; And Kanto Vulpix, Hala, and Olivia showing up

What does the number of episodes have to do with anything? You can do a wedding at the end of a thirteen episode series, so why not after ten episodes?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What does the number of episodes have to do with anything? You can do a wedding at the end of a thirteen episode series, so why not after ten episodes?
Because 1000 is a milestone number, so people expectations to have memorable moments towards the episode are higher.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Because 1000 is a milestone number, so people expectations to have memorable moments towards the episode are higher.

The actual 1000 episode... least the Jp version was the episode Type:Null broke the helmet and became Silvally. That one was more special than the one in the US since it resolved Lillie's poke phobia among other things.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The actual 1000 episode... least the Jp version was the episode Type:Null broke the helmet and became Silvally. That one was more special than the one in the US since it resolved Lillie's poke phobia among other things.
technically the whole 1000 ep stuff was from sm49 to sm56 (that's how they promoted it)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
The episode seemed a little fillerish to me. While I do like where professor Kukui kept the ring, the relationship in question feels a bit too early to have gone that far already. Or maybe its just a case of the audience not being made aware of what the characters were doing off screen?

When the professor suddenly pulled out a poke ball, I was kind of hoping for a battle but alas, it was not meant to be.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
Soaring Pikachu said:
While I do like where professor Kukui kept the ring, the relationship in question feels a bit too early to have gone that far already. Or maybe its just a case of the audience not being made aware of what the characters were doing off screen?

I think we were meant to believe that Kukui-hakase and Burnet-hakase had dating for a while off-screen, even though it isn't very satisfying since we didn't get to see them together that much. That's why to me the wedding did feel a little sudden and out of the blue.