• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thanksgiving 2011 Megathread

Ununoctium

Hey everyone, Thanksgiving is next week and I don't know about you, but I can't wait. I just had a Thanksgiving dinner with my grandma who is in a nursing home, which reminded me to make this topic for everyone here. I plan on having another family dinner with my entire extended family and another with my uncle. So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? Also, be sure to share any Thanksgiving related pictures you take in this thread!

Last edited:

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Typical family dinner at my parent's house. Nothing out of the ordinary really.

Spookz

Lumos
I'm still not sure what I'm doing this year. This will be my fourth year missing out on the family dinner. Lately, I've been going to my friend's for dinner since his family is small and we're close friends. But this year, he's studying abroad and I haven't been in contact with his mom, so I feel like it might not happen this year.

There's a potluck going on with the "Thanksgiving orphans" of my group, but I'm not sure I'll attend.
Another one of my friends, who will be missing the holiday suggested the two of us just order in deep dish and have some girl time, which sounds pretty promising.

Ununoctium

I'm still not sure what I'm doing this year. This will be my fourth year missing out on the family dinner. Lately, I've been going to my friend's for dinner since his family is small and we're close friends. But this year, he's studying abroad and I haven't been in contact with his mom, so I feel like it might not happen this year.

There's a potluck going on with the "Thanksgiving orphans" of my group, but I'm not sure I'll attend.
Another one of my friends, who will be missing the holiday suggested the two of us just order in deep dish and have some girl time, which sounds pretty promising.

They have a "Thanksgiving orphans group"? Please, do elaborate. Is that like where a bunch of strangers get together? Or....?

Aquanova

Im having the Thanksgiving meal with my family as usual. Should be nice. Hard to believe its so close already.

Im assuming a Thanksgiving orhan means that they are not having Thanksgiving with their families for whatever reason.

Ununoctium

Im having the Thanksgiving meal with my family as usual. Should be nice. Hard to believe its so close already.

Im assuming a Thanksgiving orhan means that they are not having Thanksgiving with their families for whatever reason.

Ah, I wonder if they have events like that all across the world or at least the country for various holidays. Might be interesting, I like to travel a lot so if I'm out of town it might be an interesting way to meet new people in a new city.

I'm going to my friend's aunt's house for Thanksgiving, just like I did last year.
I'm not going back home because it's only me and my mom so making a big dinner seems kind of...eh, I don't know. She apparently has to work on that day anyway, because the Post Office never closes. :/

I enjoyed last year at my friend's aunt's though. They were warm and welcoming, made delicious food, and I got to see how another family spends Thanksgiving.

I'll probably be working on a film paper most of my Thanksgiving break though, unfortunately.

Victory

Banned
Going to Grandparents and I get presents! Instead of having another celebration because of how close my Birthday is to Thanksgiving, we just do it then.

abrar14

Statter Master
Happy birthday. No thanksgiving in England. You Americans get an extra week of school:(.

Zachmac

I used to visit my upper-middle class cousins for events like this, but they moved far up north, and my mom just can't stand planes.

My little sister is probably going to volunteer for making things such as stuffing and fruit salad, while my mom makes the turkey. In the mean time, I'll probably end up doing some more chores...my dad always want me to work on holidays.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
What makes this a "megathread"?

Anyway, I'm disappointed about how short my Thanksgiving break is this year.

charizardfan

Typical family dinner, like I do every year. Nothing special, really. I'm pretty happy for it, though, as this is the first time I'll be back home since the semester began.

I just wish I could've began my Thanksgiving Break on Friday, but my professor just had to schedule an exam for Monday...

No body in Trinidad celebrates Thanksgiving...it aint a holiday or anything so, that's why we are in the Christmas season already! :) You losers are sucking Turkey crap while we are istening to parang and drinking sorrel and eating pastel and going to Christmas kids fets and sitting on Santa's lap! Anyway, yeah, we don't have anything named Thanksgving here.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
We usually have Thanksgiving here at my house. I make the turkey, and then my parents make everything else. We watch the football games during the process of cooking as well. Since we are huge Cowboys fans, its become some sort of a tradition.

This year though we are going to our mom's side of the family. We'll watch our football there and then they'll make everything else.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I don't really know what I am doing for Thanksgiving....Honestly for me Thanksgiving never really has been all that big of a deal for us...Yeah we have turkey, but really it has always been something of a "oh, its thanksgiving, big deal" kind of things

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My family's coming to my house for Thanksgiving.

SurfingHaxorus

Get together with my Dad's side of my family for Dinner. Also my crazy aunt that nobody likes is coming from floida with my Uncle that everyone likes this year. Hopefully there won't be a scene during are time together. Family fights are common from time to time in my family...