• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thanksgiving 2011 Megathread

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
The Turkey is in the oven

All the stuffing is made pretty much.
gonna eat in a hour or so as soon as the turkey gets out

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
This year the turkey will be coming out at dinner instead of lunch, and all of my family is b*tching.
I have a bad feeling about this year.

krakket

;201-h; ;201-a; ;201-p; ;201-p; ;201-y;
;201-t; ;201-h; ;201-a; ;201-n; ;201-k; ;201-s; ;201-g; ;201-i; ;201-v; ;201-i; ;201-n; ;201-g; !!!!

turkeys cookin' :)
thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year

Update: This years turkey was the best one I have EVER had!

Last edited:

abrar14

Statter Master
No thanksgiving in England

Meowth City

Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving.

Yummy~ I'm eating a turkey sandwich in celebration, just like I said I would. It's even called a Thanksgiving sandwich. xD

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Just went to the local senior center for thanksgiving. Good stuff. Turkey, Cranberry sauce, stuffing, sweet potatoes, I love it all! And I will be hanging out with some other people later this afternoon, so it should be a good thanksgiving.

Aquanova

Had my Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey and all the trimmings, stuffing, corn, mashed potatoes, peas, and lots of gravy. It was delicious. We made Pecan pie and Pumpkin Pie for dessert. Looking forward to a piece of that Pecan pie with ice cream.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I don't believe in Thanksgiving. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. Why? Because I'm grateful everyday.

krakket

^ yeah I get your point, used to feel the same way. But using that ideology you don't beleive in holidays in general. It doesn't mean you only do it on that day. Christmas is a day for celebrating the birth of jesus, but that doesn't mean that all the other days you don't care (if you're christian, just an example), just like on other days than thanksgiving you can still be thankful. Holidays like thanksgiving are just for reminding those who don't think about it all the time and spending time to concentrate and celebrate something we might think about everyday, but not nessecarily talk about and commemorate everyday.

Thanksgiving also has a historical purpose of honoring the hospitality some Indians showed american settlers. There's nothing to not beleive in there, at least. Unless you're an ungrateful butthead lol. Which I doubt cause you said you give thanks everyday!

Last edited:

Ioneos

old geezer
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And to all those not in the US... sorry you guys don't get a few days off school

BTW do any other countries have Black Friday?

MeltingCORE

Happy Thanksgiving y'all. :)

Went to a restaurant. Watched as my little brother filled his plate up with over ten eclairs and then ate them all. Was kinda funny.

PsychicPsycho

We had Thanksgiving somewhere besides our house for once (no one else had a big enough house for years), at my cousin's place. The food was good and everything, but we were there for 4 hours. I'm not a big enough talker to be somewhere that long doing only that.

I decided to go to Walmart later, around 10, to try and pick up some cheap games, but all the interesting things were already gone (after like 20 minutes, I was surprised). Apparently, when they advertise those games cheap, they only have certain ones on sale acquired specifically for that purpose. Like, the Gear of War 3 that was $60 yesterday is still $60; only 'Black Friday' Gears of War 3 they get from the supplier are $30. I'm wondering how many they actually had.

Anyway, going to have another get together this weekend on my dad's side of the family. Hopefully all goes well.
BTW do any other countries have Black Friday?
Hmm, interesting question. I suppose some places would likely have an equivalent, as long as they celebrate Christmas or a similar holiday.

And speaking of black friday, OH MY GOD, the 'black friday' song in the Kohls commercial is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
Thanksgiving sounds like such an awesome day. Too bad we don't celebrate it here.

HoennMaster

Had a great day. My cousins from Texas are in town so I got to see them in the morning. We had dinner at 2:30, relaxed for a little bit and then had other family members over for games at 7. I then left at 11 to go shopping.

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
Happy late thanksgiving guys!

Thanksgiving has to be my second-favorite holiday, due to my aunt always bringing in a chocolate chip cookie the size of a pie, with vanilla ice cream in the middle.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Well, mine was great! I read for most of the day, peeled potatoes, melted the rubber off the bottom of my sneakers (no joke), played soccer with professionals, then sat in my basement with nine or ten other people and ate barbequed turkey and potatoes on folding chairs. Then we went upstairs, watched Punkin Chunkin and ate pie, then went on youtube with my nook and watched "30 ways to annoy Bellatrix Lestrange" "30 ways to annoy Harry Potter haters' and "30 ways to get kicked out of Wal-Mart" until 11:00.
Best. Thanksgiving. EVAR!!! :)