1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

That feeling when you see your first shiny pokemon

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by zerothethird, Jan 8, 2013.

1. zerothethird

zerothethird Wobbuchu is awesome.

Everything I have to say is in my sig. I'm too speechless. I wasn't expecting this. On that normal day, I was just doing my routine of breeding for an Adamant Torchic. Getting a shiny Torchic, however, was the last thing I expected to happen. It's my first. I've been playing since RSE, and this REALLY is my first. When I saw the yellow body, and orange "hands", I screamed the "sh" word so loud, my friend asked me what's wrong, and...well I told him the rest.

So...what did you feel when you saw your first shiny?

2. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

Well. Unless it's that stupid red Gyrados, it's awesome to see your first Shiny. xD

3. Vivaea

Vivaea New Member

I still haven't done it! Been breeding charmanders via MM for a while but still no luck - I bet it's really exciting tho. Can I ask, is it immediately obvious that it's shiny when it hatches? Or only on it's status screen?

4. zerothethird

It will show the shiny coloring of the Pokemon when it hatches. So yeah...as I was saying, when I saw the yellow body and orange hands, I immediately knew it. It's my first shiny! Anyways, good luck, Vivaea! Just remember: it can happen when you least expect it. At least that's what happened to me. Oh and no bragging intended, but MM wasn't used. I just did the classic pokemon+ditto=baby thing.

@Silver: Oh yeah. I forgot that. I never used it though on my SS. It felt overrated, I guess?

5. Shiny runner Articuno in Platinum. I almost dropped my DS in shock, then I let out a **** yeah throughout the empty house. Felt good.

6. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Um... I think my first shiny was a Sandshrew... I was playing on a non-lit GBA in poor lighting. 'Gee, sandshrew sure looks green in this lighting...'

I was much more excited when I found my second shiny though.

7. zerothethird

Did you catch the Sandshrew, though? :D

8. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

No, I didn't realize it was special until the next one showed up, apparently it wasn't the lighting... >.<

9. Argon Wartortle

Argon Wartortle Farewell, SPPF...

^lol

My first shiny was a Sewaddle. I just saw it and thought, oh my god, I have to get this. So then I caught it, named it Glowworm and literally shrieked with happiness.

10. Kennyeustaquio

Kennyeustaquio New Member

My first shiny what's a ponyta lol

11. Wulava

Wulava Let's Go! Staff Member Moderator

My first shiny was a Unown (M). Then followed by a shiny Smoochum hatched from the Odd Egg. And I was really happy of course.
    And then I never found any other shiny in all the Pokemon games I've played after that.

12. Hudsonn98

Hudsonn98 Well-Known Member

My first shiny was a shiny Hoot-Hoot on SS. I was lucky too because it was the first encounter after I got the Pokeballs from Lyra.

13. (·-·)(o_O)

(·-·)(o_O) oh hai there

Well, the first shiny I have ever seen was something on Ruby but I thought it was a glitch D: So sad... it just got to run away.

14. Chingchar

Chingchar Well-Known Member

My first shiny was a tentacool on emerald thought it was a rare pokemon so I caught it. now my first reaction to shiny when I knew it was a shiny was a spoink on pokemon sapphire I remember I just ran around the room like an idiot XD

15. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

Since it was in the 3rd gen wherein I saw my first shiny, I was really surprised when I saw it and I was like something is not right about this. I actually thought it was a glitch but wow, was I wrong XD.

16. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

10 year old me: "Ooh, I didn't know Ponyta could be blue. Oh well, I'll catch one some other time" and I continued on my way to Veilstone City. Only shiny I've ever seen.

17. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

I thought it was a bug.. But I still caught that yellow-ish Ledyba on Silver

18. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

Yeah, I did wonder if it was a glitch too.

Oh, and I keep thinking Deerling is shiny when the season changes.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  19. Cloud_Arcanine

Cloud_Arcanine Scarlett starlett

Waited 10yrs to get a shiny Pokemon. Finally achieved my dream one day, only to find it was an Unown. The most unusable Pokemon in all of Pokemon. In the meme bad luck Brian got a shiny Bidoof, but at least he could've evolved it into the mighty shiny HM slave that is Bibarel......

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  20. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

I saw my first shiny when I was little and playing LeafGreen. It was a shiny Bellsprout and I screamed internally because I knew what a shiny was at the time. I was so excited to show it off to my friends. Then the excitement quickly turned to despair when I went into my bag and found out I didn't have a single Pokeball....