• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That Form Has Been Philled In[BW2 Ubers][Peaked #1]

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Hello, I would like to share a team I been having a lot of success lately. This is my first RMT and the second team I ever built. After a failed attempt in creating a rain team, I decided on a sun team. This is a pretty standard team, all sets are taken directly from Smogon with minor editing in EV's (speed-creeping). There is no surprises, no gimmicks, no niche, just pure strategy utilizing prediction and the team's synergy. Please keep in mind that while none of the sets contains surprises, surprise plays can and will be made.

images

Now on to the team!
383.gif
250.gif
484.gif
205.gif
487_o.gif
493.gif

383.gif

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail

First up is Groudon, the physical wall of this team. Stealth Rock is the mandatory hazard stripping off 50% of the opposing Ho-oh as well as taking 25% off Rayquaza, Shaymin-S, and Lugia. Dragon Tail is the move I use about 60% of the time after SR is set up. The thing is, Dragon Tail creates huge momentum by hitting Groudon's common switch in's and racking up hazard damages. Dragon Tail and SR works amazing together as it puts a lot of pressure on the opponent in term of making a decision to switch or not to switch. EQ is for stab and hitting Dialga for good damage. Stone Edge is mainly there for Ho-oh and Ray however with SR and Dragon Tail, Ho-oh cannot switch into Dragon Tail and Ray takes big damage as well as SR. Hence, I am considering replacements for Stone Edge. Particularly Fire Blast can be helpful for those pesky Ferrothorn and Forretress as well as doing more damage to opposing Groudon. TW an toxic can also be helpful.

250.gif

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 84 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

With SR off the field, Ho-oh is a beast, not doubt about it. Not even Kyogre likes switching into Brave Bird and oftentimes, Ho-oh will be behind a sub when Kyogre switches in. Substitute eases prediction greatly and allows you to chose the right move for the switch in's. Although if the opposing team has a Kyogre it will likely switch in so you can BB right off the bat. However when SR if not on the field, Ho-oh can recover off the sub and recoil from BB via Regenerator. Ho-oh's sub is also durable enough to withstand Shaymin-S and Giratina's attacks among others. Roost is helpful for shufflers as well as recover off SR and general recovery. Sacred Fire is a very strong move under sun, however, one needs to play smartly for 8 pps go by fast. Ho-oh is my answer to CM Arceus that are not electric or rock type. Water Arceus is not a problem under sun. Electric and rock variety are deal with by Groudon, while Ho-oh resists Groudon's grass weakness and takes ice beams for it. They do share a water weakness, however, this is mitigated by sun. Ho-oh is a semi-reliable special wall with SR up and nearly unbreakable wall with SR gone, coming in on opposing scarf Palkia, Darkrai and Shaymin-S, to name a few. That said, it is best for SR to be gone, which I will explain later.

484.gif

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Every team needs an answer to Kyogre and will appreciate a scarfer. Scarf Palkia hits two birds with one stone. Spacial Rend is choose over DM because being at -2 mean the opponent can come it and set up and with the dangerous set-up sweepers running amok in Uber, DM is not a good move for this team. Thunder is to hit Kyogre, however locking into Thunder does run Palkia into trouble with the Kyogre/Ferrothorn/Giratina(a/o) core. Palkia also cannot risk to predict against Kyogre early on since full health Spec Water Sprout does a lot of damage even to Palkia. Palkia's dragon weakness is covered by Forretress while Palkia resist Forretress's fire weakness. Palkia also resist Ho-oh's and Groudon's water weakness which is weaken still be sun. Usually to deal with the Kyogre/Ferrothorn/Giratina(a/o) core, the combination of Palkia/Forretress/Giratina-o is used. Fire Blast under sun does a lot to frailer mons and not a bad move to lock into late game with sun up. While surf don't see much use due to being a sun team, if the opponent manage to win the weather war (rain), rain-boosted surf is pretty handy.

205.gif

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Pain Split

I mentioned before how vital it is for SR to be gone. In the Uber tier, this is very hard to do due to the bulky spinblockers: the Giratinas and Ghostceus. Forretress is also this team sleep fodder so this is made even harder. However with Forretress's resistance and synergy, it can more often than not pull it weight in battle. Toxic is a great move on Forretress, as not only does it cripple Giratina-O and Ghostceus but also put Mewtwo and Ekiller on a timer. Forretress is this team's back up answer to Ekiller as once poison, mind game is played to bring opposing Ekiller down with minimum effort. Mind game being switching between Arceus and Giratina-o to take Shadow Claw and Espeed respectively. Groudon can also counter Ekiller and along with Forretress and Ho-oh make up the defensive core of this team. Now, spinblockers are Forretress's enemy, so it follows that they need to be gone. Luckily, Ho-oh deals with Ghostceus and Giratina is handled by Giratina-O. Meanwhile opposing Giratina-O succumb to toxic damage due to lack of recovery.
This paves the way for a spin. Forretress also hates sub user but it doesn't mind coming into Lugia since it is immune to toxic and can set up spike and rapid spin alway while not fearing phasing as it can just come right back in and due to phazing's negative priority set up more spike. Pain Split so Forretress can arguably be the best Ferrothorn counter. A while back, a member of the forum told me to my surprise, that Pain Split, a normal move, works on ghost Pokemon. This helps Forry outlast the Giras due to the latter high HP.

487_o.gif

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Giratina-O is what I like to called a "mid-game mini sweeper." It has great utility behind it's moves and pick off where Groudon left off with phazing and racking up hazard damage. Besides picking off weaken mons with Shadow Sneak, Dragon Tail is my go to move 60% of the time as with Groudon. I just love the momentum that DT provides, forcing out switch in's while dealing damage and hazards. DM is the power move, which I will use if the opponent Pokemon is at relatively high health. HP fire is for Forretress and Ferrothorn and is power up in sun. Giratina-O along with Ho-oh and Arceus comprise the offensive core of this team with offensive synergy. Giratina-O is also a shaky check to Kyogre once Palkia is gone. Giratina-O also resist Arceus's fighting weakness while it's ghost weakness is cover by Arceus. Gira's fear of Darkrai is taken care of by Ho-oh as it can take a +2 DP even with SR.

493.gif

Kotsy @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Last but not least, we have our late game sweeper, Ekiller. Standard set with emphasize on HP since Ray and opposing Arceus are not threats. 16 speed to outpace neutral 90's. Forgoing EQ for Recover means Dialga is a problem, but I have Groudon to take care of support varieties and Ho-oh deals respectable damage to it. Recover is more useful to this team, saving me a lot of time when the opposing player use brute force to take Arceus down. With max HP, Arceus is pretty good with recover. Ekiller completely mess Deoxy-S up as a Shadow Claw follow by Espeed means Deo-S did nothing (most of them will taunted for fear of SD). This is good since teams that rely solely on Deo-S for hazard won't be getting any down which makes Ho-oh that much more threatening.

Shout Out:

I would like to take this time to give a shout out to my main man Kingofthestone otherwise known as Kotsy, leader of Creamery Command. I would like to thank him for taking me into this clan even despite my dastardly reputation and raising me up to be the great user that I am today. His harsh regimen of forms and expert tournament hosting really made me realize the potential that I have to be a great user here on Serebii and I would like to thank Kotsy for all that he has done for me. Even with my recent departure from Creamery Command, I always look back at my time in the clan with fond memories and will be utilizing the skills and life lessons that Kotsy taught me in my future endeavors here on Serebii. Thank you so much for your kindness and understanding Steve.

Threat list

Mewtwo: I have no safe switch in so someone is going down. However, I do have some speed namely Scarf Palkia and the double priority provide by Gira and Arceus. But if Mewtwo CM up, Palkia is no longer reliable to revenge it.

Latios/Latias: same as for Mewtwo, these have to be played around. Psyshock is a cheap move hitting Ho-oh hard.

Spec Kyogre: It does big amount of damage even to Palkia when Kyogre is at full health. Thus, hazard must be lay to reduce WS power.

Non-Choice Palkia: In rain, Ho-oh cannot take a Surf while Arceus cannot set up on Palkia with Rain boosted, Lustrous Orb boosted stab Surf. Hydro Pump is even more deadly. My only chance is for scarf Palkia to be well to revenge it.

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-44909643

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am open for suggestions in improving this team. :)

Honus

Hey this is a nice team, I can definitely see why it peaked #1. I'd consider changing Ho-Oh's evs to accumulate more bulk to check threats, but I think the real problem for this team lies in its inability to check Arceus Form Forme, Kotsy's favorite Pokemon. Honestly you have nothing to fill out its massive number of forms, and it could probably sweep you 6-0 easy in the hands of a skilled player. I reccomend putting a Zekrom over Palkia to check this because that's how you make amazing team rates. Good Luck man, and congrats on your peak!

ElxlceL

Xwisher Sweet
Hey sorry to bother this post is not actually a rate. I just wanted to ask the mods for help regarding the poster above named Honus. He has a GIF of me and it is really embarrassing.

However, I would recommend Specs over scarf on Palkia. Because Specs gives it more power in situations that require power over speed.

Honus

Hey sorry to bother this post is not actually a rate. I just wanted to ask the mods for help regarding the poster above named Honus. He has a GIF of me and it is really embarrassing.

However, I would recommend Specs over scarf on Palkia. Because Specs gives it more power in situations that require power over speed.

are you blind? it's clearly a breloom