• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That insanely awesome announcer is insanely awesome.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
"this could get dangerous if it lasts too long!" is said really cheesy.

I hate it when he says "____ is slowly Lo~sing it health"... He sounds so wierd when he says it. IMO I like the Japanese one better...

OvErLoRd Darkspine

Dictator of Hoenn
I dunno if someone's already pointed this out, but he completely contradicts himself sometimes.

"COMPLETE DESTRUCTION BY SHADOW FORCE!" when Giratina is faced up against, say, a dark - type and it doesn't do much damage. The announcer will then follow with, " But this is not a favorable matchup!"

Why say "complete destruction" in the first place?

Also, I like how the announcer says... "Ohh, it just got burned!" (Like it was insulted-burned, not fire-burned.)

tempeststorm34

I guess he has some good lines, but his damage calculations are wacky. You know, when he says "massive damage!" when a super-effective but weak attack hits, or his annoying taunts when you hit with a not very effective attack. That's mainly why I plain with his voice off.

I dunno if someone's already pointed this out, but he completely contradicts himself sometimes.

"COMPLETE DESTRUCTION BY SHADOW FORCE!" when Giratina is faced up against, say, a dark - type and it doesn't do much damage. The announcer will then follow with, " But this is not a favorable matchup!"

I love it when that happens, whenever I face a Giratina or an Arceus who has Shadow Force I switch into something that resists it just to hear it. :p

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Yeah, Insanely awesome!

... Ok, so he's starting to get repetitive. I would admit that. Well, at least I get to hear more stuff like "BIG HIT!!" and "CRUSHING BLOW!!"

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
Yeah, he IS great! ^_^

Only thing is, I would like for him to actually say things for specific moves, but not just when it means that the move is going to make the opponent faint.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Lolol I love the announcer in PBR. I wish I knew the guy that did the voice work. I'd get him to do my Voicemail...

Some favorite quotes..
" TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!"
"SHEER COLD DELIVERS CHILLING MISERY!!"
"DRRRREEEENNNCHED BY WATER SPOUT!!"
"DELVUGED BY HYDRO CANNON! , IMMOLATED BY BLAST BURN!, SHREDDED BY FRENZY PLANT!"
"DEVASTATED BY SUPER POWERR!"
"ATTACKED BY FUTURE SIGHT!!...DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!"
"SLLLIIIIIMMMEEDD BY SLUDGE BOMB!"
"COMPLETE DESTRUCTION BY SHADOOOW FORCE!"
"INNNNNCINERATED BY MAGMA STORM!"
"RRRRRIPPPED BY ROAR OF TIME!"
"JUUUDDDGGEEEMMMEEENNNT HAS BEEN DEALT!"
"DEEEMOLISHED BY ROCK WRECKER!"
"BHHUUUSTED BY FOCUS BLAST!"
"THE RED CORNER ATTACKS! BUT THE TARGET POKEMON IS BOUNCING AROUND!"
"BLOWWWNNN AWAY BY AEROBLAST!"
"SKY ATTACK RAINS DOWN HAVOC!!"
"OWWWCCH! That was rather self destructive!"
"FISSURE OPENS UP AND ABYSS OF DESTRUCTION!!"
"HHHHHHUUUUUUURRRRRLLLLLLEEEEEDD BY SEISMIC TOSS!!"
"GULLIOTINE DOES MASSSSIVE DAMAGE!!! (he says it so crazily too)"

He is a really cool addition. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the game as much as I do without him.

-;248;

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
I remember that he says something special for Gunk Shot...can't come up with what it is...

I really do like the announcer, he makes the game realistic. And isn't he the announcer from the anime as well? I'd count that as another plus.

Of course he can get annoying, but I love him all the same. :p

porygon69

the announcer is pretty cool. but he sounds really calm if you compare him to the one in the pokemon stadium games, because on those, he sounds like he's really into the match, and raises his voice.

"THEY'RE DOWN, THEY'RE BOTH DOWN!!!!"

Paden

OG swampert fan. <3
I really do like the announcer, he makes the game realistic. And isn't he the announcer from the anime as well? I'd count that as another plus.

Of course he can get annoying, but I love him all the same. :p

He was the old announcer and narrarator, but somewhere around Dewford in the Hoenn series, they started using someone else.

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
I would never turn the announcer off. (I haven't actually got the game yet but...:/)

From the times i've played it he makes it that much more exciting.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Lolol I love the announcer in PBR. I wish I knew the guy that did the voice work. I'd get him to do my Voicemail...

Some favorite quotes..
" TORN APART BY SPACIAL REND!"
"SHEER COLD DELIVERS CHILLING MISERY!!"
"DRRRREEEENNNCHED BY WATER SPOUT!!"
"DELVUGED BY HYDRO CANNON! , IMMOLATED BY BLAST BURN!, SHREDDED BY FRENZY PLANT!"
"DEVASTATED BY SUPER POWERR!"
"ATTACKED BY FUTURE SIGHT!!...DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!"
"SLLLIIIIIMMMEEDD BY SLUDGE BOMB!"
"COMPLETE DESTRUCTION BY SHADOOOW FORCE!"
"INNNNNCINERATED BY MAGMA STORM!"
"RRRRRIPPPED BY ROAR OF TIME!"
"JUUUDDDGGEEEMMMEEENNNT HAS BEEN DEALT!"
"DEEEMOLISHED BY ROCK WRECKER!"
"BHHUUUSTED BY FOCUS BLAST!"
"THE RED CORNER ATTACKS! BUT THE TARGET POKEMON IS BOUNCING AROUND!"
"BLOWWWNNN AWAY BY AEROBLAST!"
"SKY ATTACK RAINS DOWN HAVOC!!"
"OWWWCCH! That was rather self destructive!"
"FISSURE OPENS UP AND ABYSS OF DESTRUCTION!!"
"HHHHHHUUUUUUURRRRRLLLLLLEEEEEDD BY SEISMIC TOSS!!"
"GULLIOTINE DOES MASSSSIVE DAMAGE!!! (he says it so crazily too)"

He is a really cool addition. I don't think I'd have enjoyed the game as much as I do without him.

-;248;

don't you know? it's the dude announcer guy from the show.