• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That is just unfair...

Hyper Beam isn't that good a move anyway, Lots of Pokemon can survive a hit and then nuke it when its recharging, Why are you *****ing and moaning about it?

Also the potions, like others have said, are fair they should be able to use whatever the player has. You don't use them? Well then that's your loss.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
. They've been a fifth guy in every game besides G/S/C/HG/SS. It's the way of the series.

G/S/C/HG/SS Elite 4: Will, Koga, Bruno, Karen. Champion: Lance.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
In RBY, if Hyper Beam got a KO, the charge turn was negated. Not sure why, but that's the way it was.

Honestly, the Elite Four shouldn't be that hard. If you took a second to look at their movesets, you could plan accordingly.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Ok, so I'm not much of a sore loser (until I've been trying something for hours but...)

Really from what you are about to say it sure sound like it.

But does anyone else get annoyed that in Pokemon Ruby you not only have to fight the Elite "Four" (which is actually plus one, no stops at a pokemon center or anything)

One: It is meant to be a challenge for the trainer so that they can show off what they learn during their journey.

Two: If you save up your money you should be able to buy lots of recovering items.

Three: Train your pokémon up so that can have an easier time fighting.

Four: Pokémon isn't the only game to do this other game do this as well.

but also that the Four can use powers such as hyper beam more than 5 times? (or ten, either or they really over do it).

Wrong the Elite Four Pokémon PP does drop each time they used the move just like your does.

Same in Pokemon Red, the guy with the Dratini can use hyper beam over 5 times (and I know for sure it's 5 in Red).

Lance doesn't have a Dratini nor he use hyper beam more than 5 PP.

Did anyone else get annoyed with that?

No because unlike you I actually prepare of the Elite Four and some level grinding and stock up on items.

Plus infinite super potions and full heals... damn that's annoying...

Again that is wrong. Like PP they Elite Four have a set number of healing items and once they used them then that it they can't use it any more.

And beside if you want to talk about unfair then you haven't come across wrap in the original Red and Blue that move was broken and unfair.

In RBY, if Hyper Beam got a KO, the charge turn was negated. Not sure why, but that's the way it was.

That's because the original game was broken and buggy.

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Seriously? The elite four in Ruby? That was arguably the easiest of any elite four. I'd just recommend getting your team to a decent level and buying a bunch of items, such as PP UPS, WHICH ARE WHY THEY COULD HYPER BEAM MORE THAN FIVE TIMES.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
You know, just because you are all brilliant strategists and awesome at every computer game, doesn't mean everyone is. Give the guy a break for finding something difficult. Some people choose not to research every single game trainer and what pokemon they have, they like to play at their own pace and enter a battle without any prior expectations. You're all saying it's meant to be a challenge, then whining because he finds it challenging. Stop contradicting yourselves and pick an opinion.

To answer to OP's question, yes it is annoying when the Elite 4 use Hyper Potions just as they are about to loose, rendering your attack pointless, or that they appear to use a move with endless PP (I don't know about later games, but in RBY moves lasted long after the usual amount of PP-Up Boosts would let them). As for the no Pokecentre though, so long as you have enough items, you can fully restore your team in between battles, as yopu have to walk to the new area and can access your menu.

@ OP

Ya I find it rather annoying myself at first. One thing I find good about it though is that when you finally win, you feel like a million dollars :) . You just have to plan well and make sure you are stocked up on items yourself. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

And I highly doubt everyone here had NO problem with any E4 so try and be a little more helpful and less judgmental.

gliscor&yanmega

Ok, so I'm not much of a sore loser (until I've been trying something for hours but...)
But does anyone else get annoyed that in Pokemon Ruby you not only have to fight the Elite "Four" (which is actually plus one, no stops at a pokemon center or anything) but also that the Four can use powers such as hyper beam more than 5 times? (or ten, either or they really over do it).

Same in Pokemon Red, the guy with the Dratini can use hyper beam over 5 times (and I know for sure it's 5 in Red).

Did anyone else get annoyed with that?

Plus infinite super potions and full heals... damn that's annoying...

Isn't this basically the same for all games? The Elite Four(Plus the Champion) are suppose to be Elite Trainers, they should be harder to beat then your normal trainer and gym leaders.

It doesn't really bother me though, I can usually beat them without much trouble, and if I have to I'll just heal my Pokemon with whatever items I have that can help me at the time(After the battle since I don't usually use items during battles).

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
My teams have always had trouble with the elite four because I never trained my pokemon to the appropriate levels(excluding my secound run with Platinum which is the first time I went and over trained my whole team.) I compensated for this by buying 50-99 of each healing item(revies, full heals/lava cookies, moomoo milks/hyper potions, and full restores.) 1st play through on Platinum my highest lv pokemon was Torterra lv 55. I used 65+ revies during that run and on heart gold I had 2 lv 31 pokemon and 1 lv 30(shiny Pichu, Hypno, and spiky eared Pichu) and I only used about 30(one of the Pichu took out Gyarados with a kamakazi volt tackle.) it all depends on how your team matches up with theirs if their is a 15+ lv difference expect it to go badley, if its a 10-14 lv difference its only a little difficult, and if its a 5-0 it should be easy.

Invisiblade97

The Elite Four has always been relatively easy. The only time I struggled was when I fought Cynthia in Platinum, and that's just because she uses Pokemon around the levels of 58-62, and they all have perfect IVs, but even so, she still wasn't exceptionally hard.

spuds4ever

I get two impressions from this post: 1.) you're just being pissy because you lost or 2.) you're trolling.

Now for analysis. We'll take it step by step.

>Elite "Four" which is actually plus one

That fifth person is called a Champion. They've been a fifth guy in every game besides G/S/C/HG/SS. It's the way of the series. Deal with it.

>Plus infinite super potions and full heals...

Not infinite. They get a certain amount of Potions or Full Restores. I believe they get a number of items equal to the number of Pokemon on their team.

1, GSC does have a champion, Lance (not sure how you forgot that one).

2, All the E4 get 2 full restores each in my experience, I think that's the case in all the games.

As for the actual topic, PP ups is how they use more than five hyper beams but I don't see how that's a problem as when the E4 use hyper beam is when they are most exposed and you should KO them, God forbid you've let them use hyper beam more than five times.... I think your problem is you either have a terrible team or they are all on too low levels (or both).

gunbomb90

NickR3ita
Lol keep trying man. Hyper beam is not really an issue..if you try really hard u can beat them easily @@

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well, the Elite Four are meant to be a challenge. Even then I'm sure most people on this forum don't find them that challenging. (It all depends on the team you have really)

Makes sense for them to use potions and stuff, I mean, we get to.

kusari

Raptastic
>1, GSC does have a champion, Lance (not sure how you forgot that one).

Haven't played G/S/C in five or so years. Didn't even touch the remakes.

>2, All the E4 get 2 full restores each in my experience, I think that's the case in all the games.

I've seen more than 2 from an E4. Lucian used three on that friggen' Bronzong of his and Glacia used three on her Walrein during my last Emerald playthrough.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Well, what the ---- do you mean you can't use Hyper Beam? Just use Splash!

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Toughen up your Pokemon some levels, get a strategy before fighting, use items too, and wish for the best. I fare ye well, troll.

This.
Buy a bunch of items; I'm talking an unecessary amount, just in case. Train your 'mons; I don't even specifically mean leveling them up, just work on movesets and stategies. And most importantly, believe in yourself keep going, and try again.

A simple tip is to start with a weaker move, to get them into yellow or low green (so they won't heal), then hammer them with your best move to finish them off.

Last edited:

CharizardandMewtwo

A tough cookie :3
People, seriously? Wtf?
I don't need spammed about how easy you lot found it!
'Sides, I never actually said I couldn't beat the E4, that's already been done years ago >.>'
I mean, seriously... READ the freakin' post before spamming me and telling me that I'M trolling...
Anyway, I see your points about PP ups, but they never take a break to use them, normally, in Red it just says "Dratini needs to recharge!" and nothing happens... soooo... Yeah... You didn't really answer my questions you just ****ing spammed me... >>'''

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
People, seriously? Wtf?
I don't need spammed about how easy you lot found it!
'Sides, I never actually said I couldn't beat the E4, that's already been done years ago >.>'
I mean, seriously... READ the freakin' post before spamming me and telling me that I'M trolling...
Anyway, I see your points about PP ups, but they never take a break to use them, normally, in Red it just says "Dratini needs to recharge!" and nothing happens... soooo... Yeah... You didn't really answer my questions you just ****ing spammed me... >>'''

PP ups can only be used outside of battle. One could logically assume that they used it before you face them.