• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That One Boss...

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Metroid Fusion bosses are easy when you figure out what to do. The learning curve is just so hard because Samus takes way too much damage in the American version.

For the spider, just morph ball and hug the left wall to avoid the flames and ricocheting. Then proceed to unleash missles into the mouth.

For the Nightmare, it's all a matter of timing. There's a few videos showing how to do it easily.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Since i feel like it, here's another boss i hated;

The Doppleganger from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

OH MY LORD. This guy had me tearing my hair out, and that's not far from the truth. This guy is BLOODY SOLID. Sure, the dude in the video makes it look easy, but he's an expert and SotN was the first CV i played. The Doppleganger has ALL of Alucard's moves, plus the kickarse sword that Death stole from you at the beginning of the game. This guy makes Captain Dolce look like the Golem Overlord from Chrono Trigger...

Too bad it's only the first Doppelganger that's hard. The second one only takes patience to defeat and his pattern is easier to get around as such.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Metroid Fusion bosses are easy when you figure out what to do. The learning curve is just so hard because Samus takes way too much damage in the American version.

Mm. On the one hand, yes, they do provide you with 20 total Energy Tanks. But yes, on the other, taking as much as two full tanks of damage in a single hit is crazy. Especially considering how little energy enemies drop.

Incidentally, Yakuza gave me more trouble than any other boss my first time through that game--and only then. Nightmare was never much of a problem. The part that always killed me was that short SA-X escape sequence just after Yakuza. Again, two full tanks of damage per shot, and an invincible enemy whose movements can only be temporarily slowed (I remember always wasting like 50 missiles there due to sheer paranoia). Not to mention the Ki-hunters that simply love suddenly dropping on you for some 80 (I think) points of contact damage before you even get to that sequence.

On the subject of Dark Link from a couple days ago...kind of a similar deal to Yakuza. Tough the first time or two, but then I figured out a trick--and not the Hammer trick, either, which I heard was removed from Master Quest. The key, near as I can recall, is to not target him. That way he can't jump on your sword for a free whack. >..>;

Last edited:

Slick

Banned
Yeah, that's the one. It took me weeks of practice to be able to get to the 3rd boss without getting a game over and I'm about ready to give up on beating the rest of it.

-giggle-
I believe I got to the 2nd or 3rd level the first time I played. : D

Electivirus

Not really, no.
On the subject of Dark Link from a couple days ago...kind of a similar deal to Yakuza. Tough the first time or two, but then I figured out a trick--and not the Hammer trick, either, which I heard was removed from Master Quest. The key, near as I can recall, is to not target him. That way he can't jump on your sword for a free whack. >..>;

Din's Fire works wonders. The Spin Attack is also nice, at least until he turns opaque.

Nidogod

-giggle-
I believe I got to the 2nd or 3rd level the first time I played. : D

Well then if you aren't actively playing shmups, you should start because you're good. I do remember someone mentioning Touhou on this board, though. If that was you I completely understand.

My stereotypical friend who is amazingly good at videogames in general still hasn't been able to beat level 4 with the standard 3 lives.

Last edited:

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts.

OWE MY GAWD.

Shiny_Scizor

Pokemon Coordinator
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts.

OWE MY GAWD.

In the first game yes, because there were so much fewer combat options/combos than the second one, where you had forms and air combos longer than like 5 hits o_o

ViewtifulJoe

Hero of Movie Land
The final boss of TWEWY, Kitanji/Draco Cantus. I had to resort to easy difficulty (gasp) to beat him on my first try. Hanekoma was also tough, but for some reason I had less trouble. Maybe because I started using food after I beat the game.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Final Fantasy X. Pick almost any bonus boss.

Also, the bonus boss of TWEWY is brutal on Ultimate difficulty.

If bonus bosses don't count, my vote goes to any of the final bosses from any of the Megaman or Megaman X games. Even with backup life bars, they're just plain tough.

Shiny_Scizor

Pokemon Coordinator
In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards the final boss, because it took me like a year to figure out you could suck up the little minions he had

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Behemoth from Prime 3 on Hypermode. Well not so much hard as repetitive. And after I beat it, I forgot to save. =/

There's loads of these in Pikmin. I can never beat the Beady Long Legs without losing half my yellows. :\

In one or two? I only lost like 15 pikmin total in one, and like ten of those were to The final boss. On two I didn't lose a single guy.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards the final boss, because it took me like a year to figure out you could suck up the little minions he had
Dark Matter isn't the final boss, that title belongs to Zero Two (02). But for the sake of this post, sure, he's the final boss.

<C_L>

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
I often will have trouble with a FF boss or two. I can't recall a specific encounter off the top of my head, but I find that the best thing to do is to go play a different genre of games for a while and then come back.

Colonel Volgin from MGS3.
Seriously.

Mix very testy controlls with a guy who shoots electrified bullets at you and you can only use CQC...its a pain in the arse.
Oh well, after about the fourth time I battled him, I just shot rockets at his *** when he ran out of juice.
Bahaha.

XYTWO

Not funny, guys
Shadow Queen. Seriously, am I the only one that thinks having to fight a 75 HP destroyer before even getting to the real final boss's preshow is a bit much? Then there's the survival sequence where you're just trying not to die. Then everything gets restored (and the boss would be impossible without it) and then you have 75 HP of hell. The charge move is impossible to dodge outside of Vivian's costly Hide and a Boo Sheet, which is a precious thing. And the Dead Hands and Left and Right hands made it even more hellish.

Slick

Banned
Well then if you aren't actively playing shmups, you should start because you're good. I do remember someone mentioning Touhou on this board, though. If that was you I completely understand.

My stereotypical friend who is amazingly good at videogames in general still hasn't been able to beat level 4 with the standard 3 lives.

I don't really play shmups, although I do play Space Invaders Infinity Gene on my iTouch, which I guess is a shmup.
Not bat-**** insane though.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Shadow Queen. Seriously, am I the only one that thinks having to fight a 75 HP destroyer before even getting to the real final boss's preshow is a bit much? Then there's the survival sequence where you're just trying not to die. Then everything gets restored (and the boss would be impossible without it) and then you have 75 HP of hell. The charge move is impossible to dodge outside of Vivian's costly Hide and a Boo Sheet, which is a precious thing. And the Dead Hands and Left and Right hands made it even more hellish.

The Shadow Queen?

Just equip Multibounce and as many power boosters you have, and get good at the jump action command.

Or you could do the cheap hammer route (Two Power Pluses, All or Nothing, and Power Smash/Quake Hammer).

Oh right: first turn use the Power Up (I think that's its name) Special.