• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That One Boss...

Cyan

Mortal
Galleom from Brawl on any difficulty beyond normal is incredibly cheap

Shiny_Scizor

Pokemon Coordinator
...Are you trying to say that Galleom is harder than Tabuu?

On intense difficulty, yes. Without a doubt. Tabuu is incredibly easy once you figure out his attack patterns.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Yay! More TVTropes references! :D *ahem*

Seeing as how Poseidon and Doom Dragon have been mentioned already, I have to do this:
I see your Poseidon and raise Valukar.

Seriously, if you rely on Summons like I do, Valukar is HARD. With that Djinn Stun ability of his, he actually puts your Djinn on Standby and if you don't use a Summon, he will use a Summon. I've found that he loves using Megaera, Haures, and (IIRC) Zagan. Those Summons raise your Attack, poison, and lower enemies' Defense, respectively. All rather annoying effects. Especially on a boss. T_T

And don't get me started on Star Magician. Four Ball enemies (Anger, Refresh, Thunder, and Guardian) that he can summon more of, their special abilities (explode, heal, damage, and buff), and assorted nastiness. My NP Official Strategy Guide suggests that you take out the Refresh and Guardian Balls first, then focus on SM himself. I, being the obsessive completionist experience-seeking masochist that I am, try to down (AKA K.O. for all you non-GS players) all four of the Ball enemies. He just keeps summoning MORE. >_<

Sentinel is just annoying, but not That One Boss territory-yet.

A non-GS (mini-)boss that I hate:

Admittedly, he's a mini-boss, not a full-fledged one, but he's still hard: Blaino of Turtle Rock in Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Seriously, he has a rapid-fire punch that can stun you (IIRC, I do remember he *does* have some kind of stunning attack, I just don't remember what it is ATM), and when you get hit (and you WILL), he has a wind-up punch that sends you back to the beginning of the dungeon. #$!@ I whined to my own mom about how unfair that was, and I don't whine about bosses very much, either. *sigh*

BTW: It IS Cruel Ruin, IIRC. Not Cruel Rain. I remember the 'Ruin' part quite well. And it's been a long time since I last fought DD. ;) (Gosh, when was the last time I fought him? 2005? 2006? IDK. :/ It's been awhile. I DO remember it, though.) And yes, that attack IS cheap. *starts grumbling*

tl;dr: Valukar, Star Magician and Blaino are all Those Three (Mini-, in Blaino's case) Bosses.

Not a boss per se, but the stage "King of the Castle" in Lemmings. I'd rather eat dog **** than play that level ever again. If you don't know what it is, consider yourself glad.

As far as bosses go, I found Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal to be the hardest final boss of the series. Superbly annoying. "Suck it up!" is That One Skill Point from that game.

I'm not sure which boss would qualify for Persona 4. Maybe Shadow Teddie (or Shadow Yukiko if you don't grind to ~20). He was the hardest I've yet faced... the others have all been pretty easy and just took too long each.

The final boss of Fire Emblem for the GBA. If you died you had to start the whole final chapter all over again. I never beat the boss to this day on hard mode. All the lost hours...

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
...Are you trying to say that Galleom is harder than Tabuu?

Yeah, definitely. He can easily send you in the air, even with low percentage.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Tabuu is way harder than Galleom. Duon on the other hand...

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
Tabuu is way harder than Galleom. Duon on the other hand...

Duon was definitely one of the hardest bosses for me on my first play through.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
The Brawl bosses? Galleom, Duon, and Pokey are the hardest. No doubt about that.

Tabuu is pathetic once you get good at dodging off waves. Unless you're character has a bad recovery that is.

The hands are pieces of **** alone, Metal Ridley is nothing without his timer, Ridley can be annoying if you mess up though.

Rayquaza must have been EV trained in Defence and HP though.

Anyway, for GS, Valukar is pathetically easy if you go with a "physical attack only" route or if you just have higher speed then him. Star Magician can be tricky unless you manipulate him into only having Thunder Balls.

Sentinel falls to a good Summon Rush.

And did you forget Dullahan or something?

After replaying the game and looking closer, it turns out it actually is Ruin. Huh. Ironically, Cruel Rain actually makes sense, seeing how the attack is basically a beam from the heavens.

And the Final Boss for Fire Emblem 7? Seriously? Jesus Christ man, you are handed three weapons that are effective against it, and a character that can whoop it's ***** with one Luna tome.

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Yeah, about Dullahan... I've never had a chance to fight him, but I have read and heard that he is very hard. I can't comment on a boss I haven't fought, now can I? :p That's why I didn't mention him, BlitzBlast.

EDIT: I did say that my boss strategy is relying heavily on Summons. I later just used spells on him, and the occasional Summon when he didn't use one himself.

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
And the Final Boss for Fire Emblem 7? Seriously? Jesus Christ man, you are handed three weapons that are effective against it, and a character that can whoop it's ***** with one Luna tome.

No kidding. If you're going to pick a FE final boss, at least go with either Ashnard from Path of Radiance (English Hard/equivalent Japanese difficulty and above only) or Ashera from Radiant Dawn. Hell, even the boss rush immediately before then is widely considered to be more difficult by far. Even a lot of regular bosses from the series are tougher, for God's sake!

With Ashnard...haven't faced him myself on that difficulty (yet), but unless I'm mistaken...he has a movement range of 10, a ranged attack, and he moves. You only have, at most, two or three characters who can even hurt him (and one doesn't even show up until his second form starts), and he's all but guaranteed to one-turn-kill most everyone else. Even then, though, I wouldn't be surprised if he could be beaten with more traditional methods, like distance healing and limiting his movement with units he won't kill in one shot.

With Ashera...again, haven't faced her myself (plan to when I get an extended break from school, though). But before you can even damage her, you have to take down a number of barriers that reflect half the damage taken back on the aggressor unless he/she has equipped the Nihil ability, all while braving powerful multi-target attacks from the goddess herself. As in--again, unless I'm mistaken--attacks that hurt your entire army. The only weapons that will even harm her or her barriers are those that have been blessed (though to be fair, you'll have no shortage of those). And if you don't land the final blow with a certain overpowered blue-haired mercenary wielding a certain magic sword, she revives with full life.

Also, I distinctly remember once taking Dullahan down like like four rounds thanks to someone's Summon Rush strategy. Even without that, he's programmed to follow a set pattern of attacks (and to start at one of three points in said pattern), presumably to prevent the AI Roulette from summoning Char three times in a row or something. Figure out the pattern and you should be able to anticipate his moves well enough.

Actually, I just remembered a few others from a similar thread from a long time ago.

-The Holoholo Bird from Baten Kaitos Origins. Now, powerful enemies are pretty well par the course for this game thanks to its "automatically heal to full HP after all battles" mechanic. Especially for bosses; hell, in the first half the the game, you actually are forced to lose to the vast majority of the bosses you face; literally about the only thing you can do is survive until they take enough damage that they decide to end things (it's...complicated, somewhat). So what makes this one such a problem, other than the usual high-powered attacks? How about annoyingly frequent turns? How about how it uses many of those turns to produce chicks that, with their own frequent turns, heal their parent for more HP than you can dish out in a round? How about the fact that it comes immediately after a disc change, and therefore, a Point of No Return? Hope you made a backup file before the switch!

-Archfiend from Seiken Densetsu 3. The final boss of Hawk and Lise's stories, and widely cited as the second toughest boss in the game, behind only the bonus boss, the Black Rabite, which is only accessed via Angela and Duran's quests. Also the only boss in the game to have two clear forms. His first form mostly just sits there with his high defense power, changing his elemental affinity every so often and throwing spells at your party. However, he'll frequently if not always hit you with the most powerful attack of that element (otherwise only usable by the eight God-Beasts and one of the other final bosses), dealing massive damage and either lowering one of your core stats or (in the Light-element attack's case) turning you into a bunch of Moogles. And if you're really unlucky, I do believe there's a chance he'll cast an instant-death spell. Hope you brought a bunch of Puipui Grass and Stardust Herbs!
The second form, I find, is shorter--less defense--but far more likely to kill you. Here, the Archfiend transforms and starts going on the offensive with a bunch of claws and stuff. But here's the thing--remember those elemental moves I just finished discussing? Now he can bust them out at pretty much any time. And to add on to that, he now has another move that's even more powerful and is basically almost a guaranteed game over if you're not pretty much at full HP. And to add on to that, this battle is long. It's long, and your supply of items is limited--only nine of each can be carried into battle. I can tell you that unless you're massively overlevelled, you will be spending the vast majority of that inventory on this fight--and God help you if you thought it unnecessary to bring a designated healer.

Last edited:

swimteam09

"Vas up!I'm Bruno!"
ARGH Shadow Queen on Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. Still haven't gotten past her...

Yeah she was terribly hard, with her 120 health.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Again, Shadow Queen is pathetic with liberal amounts of Multibounce.

Seriously.

Rally Wink + As many power ups as possible + Multi Bounce done well = CHEAP.

And Dullahan? Summon Rushing can work, but not when he decides to use Djinn Storm. You know what that does? It sets your 4 man squad's Djinn on Recovery.

In other words, in the span of one move, he can make your characters pathetic weaklings.

Do you know how hard he is?

He literally has a throwaway move that does nothing, and he does it a lot. And he can still kick your butt.

Admittingly, he does Element Swap before using Charon (that's right, he can summon too), but still.

Formina Sage is basically guaranteed to kill someone.

Also, as for the little boss rush before FE7's final boss, they're not that hard. Jesus, you've got Hector on your team. Hector is a beast.

That worm in the third dungeon in LoZaLttP was a pain in the balls if you had bad timing.