• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That One Boss...

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Damn you, fake Balzak from DQIV...

I assume you're on about the first time you fight him, with just Meena, Maya and Oojam? Yeah, he was pretty hard, but if you just kept using the Sphere of Silence and using all your best spells, he went down pretty quickly.

Since i feel like it, here's another boss i hated;

The Doppleganger from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

OH MY LORD. This guy had me tearing my hair out, and that's not far from the truth. This guy is BLOODY SOLID. Sure, the dude in the video makes it look easy, but he's an expert and SotN was the first CV i played. The Doppleganger has ALL of Alucard's moves, plus the kickarse sword that Death stole from you at the beginning of the game. This guy makes Captain Dolce look like the Golem Overlord from Chrono Trigger...

ironknight42

Let's start with Golden Sun

Sataros, on top of Mercury Lighthouse, his fire attacks just murdered me I mean I beat him but I had to grind a little bit, to get some better psynergy moves, because I was underleveled.

Golden Sun the Lost Age...Posiedon(spelled wrong) is just a cheap boss, all his moved pretty much hit your whole party...then the Doom Dragon at the end of the game ontop of Mars Lighthouse two words define this boss fight Cruel Ruin it attacks your whole party and knocks out as much as 1/2 of all you health, now that is cheap.

Now for the most painful RPG ever...Riviara the Promised Land, the whole game is painfully difficult from begining to end I can't even get past the fighting all four of the 'Accursed' I just walk around that grave yard and get ****** off, because the traps are impossible to avoid and they lower your stats, sometimes by up to 10% permanant reduction, So you actually get weaker as the game progresses, and then you can't grind because all you weapons except for Ein's Diviner has limited uses...but as for hard bosses the Elder Wyrn in the big tree and the Archangel in the cathedral in the sunken city was pretty painful. I'm so sad I can't even make it to Yggdrasil. That ends my rant for now.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I can understand Saturos and Poseidon, but the Cruel Dragon? Are you kidding me?

For one, the move is Cruel Rain.

For two, he's absolutely pathetic. Just put two of your strongest attackers (Felix/Issac with Sol Blade, and Garet/Piers with your next strongest weapon, hopefully an Excalibur).

Then, have Sheba and Ivan buff them with Impact. Psyenergy and summons are flashy, but physical attacks get the job done much faster.

As for Cruel Rain, Flash, Shade, and Granite are your friends.

But Guard Aura is freaking annoying.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Emperor Ing from Metroid Prime 2. Makes Dark Samus at the end look easy. Then again...

There was that giant eyeball with the bubbles surrounding it in Majora's Mask's Water Temple. Kinda hard but mostly annoying. Too. Many. Bubbles. And then I had to beat it all over again for that dang frog.

And most recently Kaazdan Paratus when I played SW: Force Unleashed. On Sith Master. SO HARD.

Cobalt_Latios

This.

For me? Boost Guardian from MP2 and Kraid from the original Metroid.
I actually had a thing against Spider Ball Guardian. In fact, that's the only boss that I've truly despised... that and Nightmare from Fusion... oy.

Ah, TV Tropes...how I love thee.
Your not the only who thought that too upon reading the title. So, I decided to check back for some entries (if that's considered cheating, then so be it).

Lets see, Cynthia in Platinum (goddamned Togekiss), Dark Link in Ocarina of Time (thank god for the hammer strategy), That mech boss in Kirby 64 on Shiver Star... odd, I can't really think of any other ones off the top of my head.

<C_L>

Concept

Führer of Fun
Oh god I just thought of another one.

Mike Tyson from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I beat him once, after many, many tries, and have never succeeded in repeated the feat. The one time I did it was mostly luck.

Nidogod

The 3rd boss in Ikaruga. I say the 3rd because I've never beaten him and gotten to the harder ones. >_<

Also Death in the first Castlevania. He's a jerk in every other Castlevania as well, but more so in the original.

OH MY LORD. This guy had me tearing my hair out, and that's not far from the truth. This guy is BLOODY SOLID. Sure, the dude in the video makes it look easy, but he's an expert and SotN was the first CV i played. The Doppleganger has ALL of Alucard's moves, plus the kickarse sword that Death stole from you at the beginning of the game. This guy makes Captain Dolce look like the Golem Overlord from Chrono Trigger...

I think he's the hardest boss in the game, but he gets very easy when you work out a pattern (which says a lot for the other pitiful bosses in that game). The guy in the video had it right. You just can't charge at him without a shield or he'll own you with the daggers. You have to duck or run with the shield out. Play him defensively like that and you'll win in no time. Having the axe subweapon makes it much much easier since you can knock him out of the air when he jumps. When I originally got SotN he was the reason I had to stop playing.

Last edited:

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Am I the only one who remembers Nightmare from Metroid Fusion? That was one hard boss. 'Course now whenever I fight it I don't know what I thought was so hard about it.

Cobalt_Latios

Am I the only one who remembers Nightmare from Metroid Fusion? That was one hard boss. 'Course now whenever I fight it I don't know what I thought was so hard about it.
Oh, I remember that boss alright. I actually had to let one of my friends beat that SoB simply because of how difficult he was. Nowadays... I'm not sure since I haven't played the game in a while. Actually, no, I recently found it and played it again. I just haven't gotten that far.

<C_L>

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem

Pfft, Yakuza was much more "GAAAAAH I'M GONNA FUCKING THROW THE DAMNED HANDHELD AT THE MOTHERF**KING WALL DAMMIT" inducing.

Nidogod

Ikaruga? Is that that literally impossibly hard game with overuse of bullet hell?

Yeah, that's the one. It took me weeks of practice to be able to get to the 3rd boss without getting a game over and I'm about ready to give up on beating the rest of it.

Surfing_Pikachu