• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That one extra second after selecting a move that signalizes it missed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowth City

Staff member
I love OHKO moves if I have them! I hate it if others have them though... :p My Haxorus's Guillotine hit more during Audino grinding than Charizard's Inferno in the E4 battle with the ghost trainer! I know they have both very low chances of hitting, but Guillotine is 30% and seems to almost always hit and Charizard's Inferno is 50% and never seems to hit when I need it to!

But I agree... When a move that has a high accuracy rate misses, I get very angry and just wanna throw the pokemon in the day care and say "SCREW YOU!" :)
Lucky you. There was this one time I tried out Fissure for fun and even after a X Accuracy and over twenty turns, it still missed. Good thing it was not in a battle that mattered.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
same as status infliction or when the opponent uses 2 turn attacks.

well i do swear but that's all. i always take care of my ds.

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
I like how you pointed out the extra second. You can tell when you miss, I just didn't think anyone knew this besides me. It bothers me a bit, but normally I don't have the scenario where it'll lose the fight for me. Maybe during E4 fights, and that REEEAAAAALLLLYYYY makes my blood boil, but normally I don't care that much.

The thing I hate more is when there's and extra 2.5 seconds before your rival, a GL, or an E4 uses a potion after i've been chipping away at their signature pokemon for 15 minutes straight.

On another note, Rank Up! x3

Aquarelle

Staff member
When this happens to me in the Battle Frontier, I scream "NOOO!!" or "OH DEAR GOD/ARCEUS!" (not out loud), then I die a little inside.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
First time it happens: Ok that's fine I can win again. fluke.
Second time: YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
Third time: eject the Game card and throw it at the wall.

Believe me this happens more than once when I'm playing the game..

Grei

not the color
It's always disheartening.

Although I somehow feel a little bit better now that they've phrased it as "[Opposing Pokemon] avoided the attack!" rather than "[Your Pokemon] missed!" which really meant "[Your Pokemon] is a big ball of suck!" because it couldn't hit the opponent with an attack that shakes the earth or sends a gigantic wave of water at the target.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I mutter cures under my breath the first few times. When it happens again and again I scream and want to throw my DS at a wall. XD
~RaichuArcanine~​

Golemite

If it happens many times in a row, or at a decisive moment, I go out loud, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Or I click my tongue and roll my eyes. This is exactly what I would've answered to the Are You Kidding Me? thread, but in reversal. :D

Skoy

The suspense is unbearable! It will finally come and when it does I'm shocked. :p

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I snap my fingers and go "Dang it!"

Psycho Cut

I go to the Shrine at the back of my house and pray solidly for five hours to the Gods of Accuracy!

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I always feel a bit empty to be honest. Then extremely disappointed.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
So much frustration. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.