• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That one extra second after selecting a move that signalizes it missed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends if it mattered or not if it didnt Im like -_- "gay" if it did I would rage and stuff..

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
OH FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GODDAMN IT WHY NOW WHY WHY WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME NOW ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LOSE FUCK YOU GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH ARRGGH THIS GAME IS SO HARD I HATE THIS FUCKING ATTACK IT NEVER ****ING HITS

Fuck Stone Edge.

Randomness

He is already here.
OH FOR THE FUCKING LOVE OF GODDAMN IT WHY NOW WHY WHY WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME NOW ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LOSE FUCK YOU GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH ARRGGH THIS GAME IS SO HARD I HATE THIS FUCKING ATTACK IT NEVER ****ING HITS

Fuck Stone Edge.

It's never missed for me. Nor any of the other 5 PP low-accuracy moves, except Hydro Pump.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
It's never missed for me. Nor any of the other 5 PP low-accuracy moves, except Hydro Pump.

I'm not here to feed on optimistic remarks about your luck! I'm here 2 feed on the misery of these fine forumers >:0

Aaaaanyways...

Happened during a close Wi-Fi battle eariler today.....TO MY OPPONENT. He/She would've won.

And then "The connection was lost" message. Oh, how I do love a snack...-w-

DexHolderBlue

Aspiring Arteest~

Fuck Stone Edge.

Stone Edge gives me trouble too, and costed me the battle last time I attempted to use it and it missed. I've always had a problem getting this move to hit on the first try. I guess I'm just getting unlucky with it, but meh...I agree. Eff this move.

Anyway, when a move misses for no reason, I don't get angry or sad...I just think, "Really?" Oh well. Such is life.

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
DAMMIT. /proceeds to lose or gets crit-hit.
It doesn't help either when your opponent uses the same move, or one with similar accuracy that ends up hitting. x.x

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
In that dreadful second, My reaction is something like this:
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, FREAKING DAMN!
Curses spew from my mouth, then I move on becuase its pokemon & I have better things to do in life than waste my time of a miss in an RPG.

TL;DR: No one likes the one cringe-worthy extra second after picking an attack! It means you've missed AND THAT'S NO GOOD. How do you feel during that one second? I'm not talking about AFTER, man! I'm talking about DURING. RIGHT THEN, YA DIG?

Aaaannndd...feed.

I don't dig. Apparently, I'm the only one, but I don't get this. How does picking an attack make you miss?

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I don't dig. Apparently, I'm the only one, but I don't get this. How does picking an attack make you miss?

It's not the picking of the attack that proves you're gonna miss, but the one extra second the game takes afterwards that registers the miss, or rather, the one second after the "So and so used so and so" message.

I had actually noticed that a while back, but no seemed 2 point it out. So I figured you guys would get the message either way. -w-

Don't over ananalyze it tell me your rage tale already! >:0

I feel like dancing with a giant toothbrush.

Then I fly to the moon with my pet chicken.

Then I kill my goldfish.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It's not the picking of the attack that proves you're gonna miss, but the one extra second the game takes afterwards that registers the miss, or rather, the one second after the "So and so used so and so" message.

I had actually noticed that a while back, but no seemed 2 point it out. So I figured you guys would get the message either way. -w-

Don't over ananalyze it tell me your rage tale already! >:0
On top of that, it's even more noticeable in the 3D gams (Colosseum, XD and PBR). Camera usually assumes a specific angle as well of your Pokemon if you missed before the message appears which is how you can tell.

I usually just go 'bugger', 'dang' or the like in my mind when it happens though - not much I can do about it after all.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Urgh would be my exact words when that happens. It's even more frustrating because I miss the moves with 80+ accuracy a lot more than the ones with less. =(

Heavenly Mikaru

EX and WHY are hot!
This happened yesterday...
*Plusle used Thunder*
*Thunder missed*
Me: ok ok at least Klinklang's Thunder will hit
*Klinklang used Thunder*
*Thunder missed*
Me: -.- we'll get 'em next turn...

*The opponent's Manentric used Thunder*
*Electric Gem Activates*
Critical hit on Klinklang, Klinklang fainted...
Me: *Jaw drops* What the hell? T-T *rages*

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I normally ignore it unless it misses several times in a row, especially if it's a move that has around 95 accuracy yet it keeps missing the opponent.
I've been brought to a lot of sticky situations due to my moves missing.

Black Frost

aka. SHAOTANZHITEN
Misses once: "...what."

Misses twice: "Oh what!?"

Misses three times: "Come on now!!!"

Misses four or more times: *insert randomly selected curse here*

I'm not really sure how to describe my surprise/frustration, but I know when I'm most surprised/frustrated. It's really only noticeable when I'm trying to accomplish something major, for example, at the Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway. Even hen, I'm only likely to get really frustrated when I'm on a decently long streak. Then again, I've lost early and been surprised because of the unusual, unlucky circumstances that handed me a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.