• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That one popular person....

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
Well, when I went into school on Monday-after the Easter break- I was told Pokemon was now a "nerdy" thing because of this one boy. Before we left for Easter break it was the biggest thing...again. And then on Monday my best friend told me, just as I was going to ask everyone whether or not they're getting Black2 or White2, that just because of that popular person, it was no longer the latest trend.

So my question to you guys, is: Was there that one popular person that changed everyone's mind and told them what or whatnot to like?

Please discuss. ^_^

Kacho

You are next.
Well, when I went into school on Monday-after the Easter break- I was told Pokemon was now a "nerdy" thing because of this one boy. Before we left for Easter break it was the biggest thing...again. And then on Monday my best friend told me, just as I was going to ask everyone whether or not they're getting Black2 or White2, that just because of that popular person, it was no longer the latest trend.

So my question to you guys, is: Was there that one popular person that changed everyone's mind and told them what or whatnot to like?

Please discuss. ^_^

some to many people are weak minded, whatever.

and I don't remember or don't know, OP

Cruxis

Banned
yes, i was that popular kid

i convinced everyone that anal penetration feels better than vaginal.

now everybody has hemorrhoids and rectal diseases because of me

Flame Mistress

Well, back in Year 6 (and in previous years), there was this one girl who led all the trends. First it was High School Musical... then H&M... then Primark... then Claire's... then bracelets... then braids... then miniskirts... It was ridiculous, really, and I couldn't be bothered to follow it. I was one of the first girls to leave the trend, actually. By the end of Year 6 half the girls thought that the girl was crazy as well. So yeah.

abrar14

Statter Master
Theres not really one single popular person in our school. Us boys hang around in a small group and although most of em don't like pokemon, they don't care that i play it.

Vernikova

Champion
Well, when I went into school on Monday-after the Easter break- I was told Pokemon was now a "nerdy" thing

Just now? Okay.

Anyway, no. I went to an intelligent high school where people did their own thing so no one had this influence on any group of people larger than twenty or something.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
When I was in school people pretty much did there own thing and kept to themselves. My high school was a mix of three towns so outside of classed, most people kept to people in there town, a few integrated and so on. We had the stars of the sports teams but they didn't have any influence of anyone other than being in the school paper or something. Of course you noticed the people that stood out like tall guy or the really loud girl but no one really cared who more popular.

Murton

Once you were lost.
yes, i was that popular kid

i convinced everyone that anal penetration feels better than vaginal.

now everybody has hemorrhoids and rectal diseases because of me

**** you my drink mixed with my spit is now everywhere on my keyboard.

Anyway, there were some popular kids, but no one was so shallow they just did everything the popular guys did.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I'm a geek who never follows the trends, but I think it kind of started when a few fourth grade teachers banned the cards. I've only ever played the games, and still do, but that defining moment pretty much killed Pokemon for everyone but a select few individuals.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
When I was in school people pretty much did there own thing and kept to themselves. My high school was a mix of three towns so outside of classed, most people kept to people in there town, a few integrated and so on. We had the stars of the sports teams but they didn't have any influence of anyone other than being in the school paper or something. Of course you noticed the people that stood out like tall guy or the really loud girl but no one really cared who more popular.

This pretty much.

High School is nothing like what the media would like you to believe, and no one cares who is really popular or not.

And beside once you leave high school, you are never going to see your class mate again.

**** you my drink mixed with my spit is now everywhere on my keyboard.

Kids, this's why you should swallow first, so you don't have to use a tissue to clean up the sticky mess.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
There's a large group of annoying popular kids in my school who everyone practically worships. I don't give a crap about them, though.

diamondpearl876

There wasn't a single person like that in my high school, but rather an entire group of people. My friends fell into the drinking/partying thing once they got to college just because of the influences.

As for college, I think certain people influence others, but there's no notable person/group that effects the entire campus.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
The thing is, everyone thinks they're bullied in school. The ones who think they're bullied are perceived by others as the "popular" crowd, and vice versa. You guys may not believe me, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of the popular kids think the kids who felt bullied by them bullied them in turn without even realizing it, or just otherwise considered the self-stamped "uncool" crowd to be assholes.

I bet most of said popular crowd didn't think they were actually popular in school, and the people they thought of as popular thought exactly the same thing. I don't think there even is any such thing as a true "popular" group in school, and anyone who says "X and his/her group are the popular clique and they're so catty and snide and I hate them!" only has one side of the story.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Popularity doesn't fly in my school. It's a fight for survival

That's some school.

I don't remember a lot about what went on in my schools. Sure, you had those jerkass kids and those who thought they were better than everyone else, but for the most part, popularity never crossed my mind, nor anyone else's that I know of.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I don't remember there being anyone like that in my short amount of time being in public school. Then again, nobody really talked to me, so I didn't have anyone to tell me if there was any Mr. or Ms. Influential that had everyone following like sheep.