• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That pokemon you just couldn't catch.

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Did you ever have a Pokemon you tried and tried to catch, But just couldn't?
Once I just barraged an Ekans with everything I had, and to no avail; It just kept on coming out.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Many Pokemon.

I remember in Diamond or Platinum, in the Great Marsh, I could never catch this Quagsire. I once threw all twenty balls trying to catch Quagsires, but I couldn't. It took me many many months to finally catch a Quagsire [I just pretend it's the same one I see over and over again]

I'm also having a major problem trying to catch Larvitar in Mt Silver. Lots and lots of Ultra Balls and it's just not staying in >.<

Lunatone in the safari zone!!! oh my god it took soooooooooo long! It never appeared, and when it did it fleed. But finally finallyon a cold day in december, I caught it :)

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Riolu, in the Safari Zone in my SS, once it came out. It either ran, or was as stubborn as I am.
Beldum in my Patinum, now THEY are stubborn. I will never forget my shiny-Beldum incident, even though it's going on a year ago.

Vernikova

Champion
In recent memory, I've never been able to catch a Chansey. I would try and catch it in the Safari Zone but it always beaks free and runs away. As a result of that, I just caught a Happiny which I still haven't evolved yet.

Peppermint

Vanilla-Flavored~
I was passing by route 45 in my HG a few days ago when out of no where a shiny geodude appears! I sent out my Flaffy and used tackle on it. Geodude's health is reached red and he used rock throw. I next threw a great ball but it fails. Then Geodude uses selfdestruct and faints. :(

Dattebayo

Banned
About any rare Pokemon from the HG/SS Safari Zone (Mr. Mime, Misdrivous, Magneton, Magmar, etc).

kedlu

Zubat Zubat
Latias. I've weakened it, paralyzed it, threw almost every kind of Pokeball at it, and I still haven't caught it. D:

I'm also having a major problem trying to catch Larvitar in Mt Silver. Lots and lots of Ultra Balls and it's just not staying in >.<

Me too!

It makes it more irritating when they're only at level 17 to start out with!

I still haven't caught the little bugger yet!

--

In Cerulean cave in SoulSilver, I'm still having trouble catching an Electrode.

I'm still trying to capture Entei, Raikou and Latios. I messed up my chances with Suicune. I accidentally killed it. After beating the E4. I'll get those first three one of these days.

At the point in the game I'm in, I not even hurting the above Pokemon at all. I'm just throwing balls at them and hoping for the best.

Note: All my Pokemon's levels are in the 80's, so, any attack I use is going to knock them right out. Even Cut is too risky to use on them.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Chansey, Tauros, Kangaskhan, and Dratini/Dragonair in R/B.

I gave up on them a long time ago.

Last edited:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Moltres,Mewtwo, and Latios

Much too hard to catch for me. I ended up defeating Mewtwo and Latios. Followed by failure to catch Moltres. Just my luck.

Cloud Darko

Master Hunter
Relicanth :/. He just wouldn't stay caught and it took hours just to find one!

Skull-Kid

Chansey, Tauros, Kangaskhan, and Dratini/Dragonair in R/B.

I gave up on them a long time ago.

Same for me.

I also found Cresselia to be a real pain. Not only did I have to chase it around Sinnoh, lower it to red HP and paralyze but after 17 dusk balls, none of the balls wiggled once. The legendary birds took me days to catch as well as trying to catch a Rhyhorn in Victory Road.

Vernikova

Champion
Moltres,Mewtwo, and Latios

Much too hard to catch for me. I ended up defeating Mewtwo and Latios. Followed by failure to catch Moltres. Just my luck.

The same thing happened to me in my LeafGreen version. I tried really hard to catch Mewtwo and restarted my games multiple times in an attempt to catch it but I never caught and instead killed it with my Butterfree.

Skydra

I get a lot of bad luck, but suffer through it. I don't believe I've ever been frustrated to a point where I knocked out a legendary without resetting and just letting it be gone.
Safari Zone annoys me though. Its too luck based and if I ever get frustrated in trying to catch a Pokemon, its there.

Falconx03

Legendary
I am having the hardest time catching Entei in my HG. I caught Suicune, Raikou and even Mewtwo with ease. I was having trouble with Latias and I got frustrated and threw the masterball at her.