• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That's Just Swellow! (356)

Kijuna

James should have won. It would have been a good buildup for Ash to realize that Swellow isn't as powerful as it should have been and [spoil]teach it Aerial Ace[/spoil].

Not to mentiopn the fact that he just gained a sudden burst of competence. Jessie's mean. :(

V Faction

www.faction.com
2 Complaints.

-The freakin' episode started too early! I missed around 3.5 seconds of it! My VHS is ruined.

-"Taillow, use Wing", or something to that effect. My guess is that they put "attack" after so many moves whilst dubbing, that this time they forgot that Wing Attack is Wing Attack, not a Wing attack. My, what a mouthful. Though, it is perculiar, as the rest of the episode contained no such slip-ups.

There's something weird about having Pokemon without the -Flying type participating... Sure, they have wings, but it seems unnatural.

G

Geki

This was a pretty good episode overall. I liked how Taillow and James got some spotlight, it was nice for a change. The part when Taillow evolved was kinda cheesy, but I'll still happy Taillow evolved. The only screw up I found was Volbeat using Thunder insread of Thunderbolt, and Taillow using Wing. ''Taillow quick, use Wing!!''. Anyway, it was a great episodde overall, like I said.

8/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I liked this episode a lot.

Nice to have a mini-tournament in the middle of the season, and it was nice to have a flying pokemon competition for once.

Isn't it funny the way AG continues to focus almost only on Ash and May, leaving Brock and Max in the backround in almost every episode?

If this was a Johto episode only Ash would be competing, but since this is AG they had May take a lead role as well. Nice to see James have a major role as well, he hasn't had one in awhile.

Lots of Pokemon appearances, Wingull, Pelipper, Golbat, Crobat, Volbeat, Swablu, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Skarmory, etc. Nice way to showcase some pokemon we haven't see in awhile.

And so Ash's Taillow evolves into Swellow, thank goodness he didn't pull a Pidgeot with it.

V Faction said:
2 Complaints.

-The freakin' episode started too early! I missed around 3.5 seconds of it! My VHS is ruined.

Same here! :D I missed the opening few seconds before the theme song, I saw the kid talking about his Swablu for 2 seconds and that's it before the opening. Damn you KidsWB for airing this a minute too early!

-"Taillow, use Wing", or something to that effect. My guess is that they put "attack" after so many moves whilst dubbing, that this time they forgot that Wing Attack is Wing Attack, not a Wing attack. My, what a mouthful. Though, it is perculiar, as the rest of the episode contained no such slip-ups.

I noticed that too, I guess 4kids did that for lip sync reasons. Perhaps they didn't have time for Ash to say "Attack" afterwards, so they just had him say use "Wing".

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
What DOES Swellow sound like, anyway? (is thankful that she doesn't have to put up with Taillow's parrot voice any more...)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
FlamingRuby said:
What DOES Swellow sound like, anyway? (is thankful that she doesn't have to put up with Taillow's parrot voice any more...)

Sounds pretty much exactly the same as Taillow. Imagine Taillow's voice saying "Swellow" instead, and that's what Swellow sounds like.

Medea

Excalibur
Well then...

-This episode was okay! I do like Swellow though
-I LMFAO when Meowth said "What's second prize getting kicked in ths shin?" (or something like that)
-And I do agree...James should have won! I'm sorry to say it but he should have!!! And I think he handles Dustox a hell of a lot better than Jessie.

Brinstar

you suffer
I loved this episode, but Swellow's dub voice saddens me. I miss its powerful, manly, gruff middle-aged japanese man sounding voice XD. This episode is awesome simply because we see Taillow kick some butt one last time and see James have one of his super power moments.

M

Miss Mudkip

yea the episode did start early that i didn't get 2 see the beginning...i changed the channel and itz the theme song at 9:59 and i'm like what?

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
So basically Swellow sounds more like a low pitched parrot...

::sigh:: When will they ever learn to make good dub voices?

Don't get me wrong, they've made some good ones, but these recent ones are just...blah.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Cybercubed said:
Sounds pretty much exactly the same as Taillow. Imagine Taillow's voice saying "Swellow" instead, and that's what Swellow sounds like.
...how crap. Excuse the bluntness.

B

Brocksketchum

Cybercubed said:
I noticed that too, I guess 4kids did that for lip sync reasons. Perhaps they didn't have time for Ash to say "Attack" afterwards, so they just had him say use "Wing".

My reaction to "Wing" was the same reaction the champion had when he lost against Ash. :D

Did anybody enjoy James' many expressions today? I certainly did!

Darn Kids WB for starting too early! But that doesn't take away the enjoyment of the episode, does it?
Cyndaquil said:
Is it the same voice as Vitos swellow from the winstrate episode?
It seems 99.99999% similar to me. Everybody else may have the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
I liked this episode.

-The only non-flying types were Volbeat and Dustox
-If this were Johto, Brock would be competing with his Crobat
-I liked Swellow's dub voice
-James and Dustox got a pretty good role.
-That guy with the Swablu. His hair scared me.
-Did anybody else notice the Golbat in the net when they were in the hut? Its skin and eyes were miscolored. It looked like a wierd Golbat-Crobat mutant.

Argy

ARGY VERY QUESTION
The good:
-Entertaining episode
-James always deserves more screentime
-I like Swellow
-James standing up to Meowth
-Volbeat's voice (still love it!)

The bad:
-4Kids's errors: "Wing," James saying "MY Dustox" (uh... not yours!), Swellow's voice
-Kid with the Swablu (he was unnecessary, and his hairstyle annoyed me)
-Taillow/Swellow's cheap win
-Jessie and Meowth not even watching James compete (even when Jessie's beloved Dustox was there too), then ruining his exit

M

MayAsh1987

I liked this episode, it was nice for a competition to show up for once. Like the rest of you guys, it was weird it started early, I thought it was my VCR at first since I recorded by hand. According to my VCR and kitchen clock, it started at 8:57. I was like okay........

Then after the 2nd half and the last little part, they waste 5 minutes of commercials instead of 2 or 3 minutes.

Back to this episode, Swellow evolving was great. I liked how James was focused in the Pokeringer, and made a challenge for Ash. Shane was cool, he wasn't those other kids who brag like Sandra. (Sorry, I just hate her!)

James called May by her name, nice surprise. Also he wanted to win fair and square. I laughed at the part when he threw the flag at Meowth.

Meowth and Jessie recited the motto.

Also I noticed the "wing" mistake. I noticed on the captions before Ash said it.

Overall I give 7.3 out of 10. What I liked the most was the whole Pokeringer idea.

Encyclopika

The Queen
This episode was...ok. I usually don't think highly of filler eps, but this one was funny and enjoyable.
Swellows voice at first, kind of sounded like Grovyl...but that was my only problem. I liked the idea of the episode. I can't believe May lost so easy, even though I felt it coming. ^^;

onix lord

This episode was pretty cool! I liked seeing all of the trainers' flying pokemon. Volbeat was cheap though, how it used Thunder to knock out the other opponents. Good thing that guy lost.

Chris

Old Coot
Apparently Swellow has to sound like Taillow. Wonderful how 4Kids seems to not realize that Oosubame's deep voice was supposed to symbolize that a small bird grew up into a bigger bird, like child to adult. :| If anyone wants a voice sample of Oosubame to compare to Swellow, lemme know.