• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

That's Just Swellow! (356)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Volbeat's Channel voice is diffrent too, and very...odd.

Anyway, weird music stuff going on....okay, I am devestated that they didn't leave in the Insturmental Remix of OK, when Volbeat was fighting Taillow. They don't seem to have a problem with that song in the dub.

And also, Advanced Adventure played for like 30 seconds. In the original, it played up to the part where Team Rocket fly up in their baloon.

Weird. And Swellows voice sounds weird, I liked the 'Sube"!

AWESOME~! James gets more spotlight(getting revenge[in my mind] for when Jessie took his Weezing to use in the Princess Festival back in Kanto), an excellent contest, and TAILLOW EVOVES~! I love Swellow...such a beautiful Flying-type.^_^ And it can kick serious àss as well, if anyone has trained one in the games.;) Now its voice could be better; but it's much better than Vito's Swellow(thank god). I was expecting some sort of trill, but that's just me.^_^; Anyways, 10/10. Excellent eppie.

R

Robert

This was a great episode. Team Rocket was actually funny! It was great to see James do pretty well. Swellow's voice sounds fine in my opinion. Some pretty good action, too. Other than the "wing" error, I loved this episode.

Togemon

Sibling Love
Pretty good episode. Though I missed the beginning, unfortunately.

Parts I liked -

- Taillow is focused on! Good to see the bird to be used in battle.

- Dustox also appears! :D

- That Pokeringer competition was interesting, though I doubt it'll be ever seen again, I for sure wouldn't mind.

- We got to see TR, actually James and Dustox, kick some butt. He did pretty good in the battles.

- Meowth saying James part in the motto.

Parts I really did not like

- Ash won. I usually do not like it in any show when the main star wins. Would have been an interesting twist if James won, and it would have been well deserved.

- I missed the last few episodes, so I don't know if Taillow was used in battles, but it seems like its evolution came out of no where.

It was a great episode though, 9/10. One of the better episodes of the series IMO.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Ah, finally watched this episode, and it was really great. It had it all - comedy, cool aerial battles, an evolution, and probably the most time in the spotlight Kojirou has had to himself since "Holy Matrimony". We even get another small piece of his complicated past! Definately a huge plus in my book. ^_^

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Taillow was pretty much Ash's weakest pokemon, so its evolution was prety spontaneous.

The part where Meowth and James were using flag signals was hilarious XD But they were doing them all wrong.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
...am I the only one who thought that the characters sounded like they were saying 'Prostate Town' half the time? >_>;

Personally, I'm not fond of either Swellow or Oosubame's voices. Swellow sounds just as retarded as Grovyle and Oosubame's is just plain freaky. Its just a similar case to Ludicolo and Runpapa, who I feel both have pretty annoying voices.
But anyways, yes, this was a great episode to watch, and it was nice to see Dustox take such an active role for once, as well as James. I do wish he had gone up against his old master instead of that rather pointless Trainer-of-the-day character. That would have been a lot more interesting.

...any one have any idea as to why Wobbuffet seemed to randomly hiccup half-way through saying its name? It seemed to be oddly out-of-the-blue.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Gravy said:
...any one have any idea as to why Wobbuffet seemed to randomly hiccup half-way through saying its name? It seemed to be oddly out-of-the-blue.

Most likely due to some craxy Japanese joke that we don't get. ^^ Did anybody else around Wobbuffet have hiccups? I know there's this belief in Japan that you can 'give' someone hiccups like you can 'give' someone the flu. o_o

M

MayAsh1987

I want to update on my response. I watched again several times and grown to like it more. So this rating is now 8.3 out of 10.

I didn't mind seeing Ash winning, but the prize of winning to be honornary citizen is just crap. Thats is why I gave such a sort of low rating at first. You be the star at some town they your never will come back. And if even James won, (which I wouldn't mind either), I bet he'll never coming back either.

They should of gave a something better like a plaque, trophey, check, anything as a prize then some honornary citizen, s**t what happens Ash comes back all grown up. I bet some people won't recognize him. Sorry, but how I see it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I thought the reason Soonansu 'hiccuped' was because Nyasu dropped the ring in it's mouth and he gagged on it. I can't remember for sure though, it went by pretty fast.

W

WindyNight

YTV aired this episode today at noon...I have to say that this is a pretty cool episode...I love May's expressions when he lost to James...lol..
It's just weird that James has Jessie's Dustox....
I actually hoped James to win..But oh well...
Overall, I give a rating 7.5/10 for the episode...^^

ZOMG! I just saw this ep.

Good:
*James did well without cheating and beat May.
*Swellow has a new voice instead of the Vito one which sucked.
*Meowth doing the moto always pleases.
*Swellow was cool and Johto pokemon made apprences Skiploom ect.
*Dustox got some time after Jessie leaving it out for ages.
*Nice to see some more of James' past which seems to be alot lately.[SPOIL](Chimecho was to do with his childhood dream to so more of his childhood)[/SPOIL]

Bad:
*"Talliow use Wing!" lol, I was laughing for ages iwht that one.
*Lame trainers choice.
*The annouceer had Tracey's voice which I don't like.

Just plan wierd:
*Meowh and his flags telling James things, I was like WTF!

Anyway veyr nice 9/10

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

yeah the "use wing" thing was bad.

Funny that straight after his opponent said "what?"

I loved swellow's voice! and I like it how it wasnt a classic pokemon evolve kick total *** things, cos Swellow nearly lost to Dustox!

I loved May and Beautifly's faces when they lost in the first round!

9.5/10

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I've seen it and... it was good. Any evolution is in my good books, and this was a nice one overall. A very lovely episode. Also, have you noticed that evolution episodes generally have better plots/characters/battles etc. than normal episodes. Do the writers just work harder when they know they have to make a major storyline work.

T

Transducer

Yeah this episode was preety cool. Other than that slight dub error, it deserves a thumbs up.

I give it a 9.2/10

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I could've sworn I saw a trainer with a Moltres as a previous Pokeringer winner

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
How gulible are people in the pokemon world to mistake a disguised Meowth for a real Wingull?

Dustox was much stronger under the command of James than Jessie.