• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Thawing an Icy Panic! (860)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Vanillite Panic! Left Cold by a Whiteout!!

Having finally made it to Coumarine City, Ash & co. soon learn of a lost Vanillite who is hiding in the Pokémon Center. Ash & co. go to find it to help out just to learn that the Vanillite has been kidnapped by Team Rocket. As they start to investigate, snow starts to fall in the city. Meeting with Ramos, the Gym Leader, Ash & co. set out to rescue Vanillite. Can they do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with a Vanillish and Vanilluxe coming across Coumarine City.

Ash and co. enter Coumarine City for the first time.

Bonnie sees an Ice cream shop.

She asks someone from the group to buy her one and one of them does.

The Ice cream looks like a Vanillite.

Team Rocket are spying on the group from an alley way in the town.

Ash and co. take a look at the town, with Trainer's and their Grass Type Pokemon that inhabit it.

A girl comes walking along with her Bellossom and then Chespin comes out of its Pokeball.

Chespin is in love with the Bellossom and offers the Grass Type a flower.

The Bellossom rejects Chespin, causing Chespin to become heartbroken.

Bonnie then gets on one knee and asks the girl if she will marry Clemont.

Clemont recalls Chespin and picks Bonnie up with his Aipom Arm, as he walks away.

Bonnie smiles and waves at the girl as she is being dragged away.

The Bellossom and it's trainer are left confused.

Ash and co. are walking down a path to the gym.

Bonnie is in front of Ash and Serena and Clemont is a bit behind all three of them.

They all notice and turn towards a monorail that is going past them.

Bonnie is really excited about the Monorail.

Clemont gets an idea and so he reveals another one of his inventions.

The invention is mechanical boots that are on Clemont's feet.

There are also pools with handles that stick up from the outer sides of the boots, which Clemont holds onto with his hand.

Clemont uses the invention to speedily zoom past the others.

As he gets closer to Bonnie, he turns right and crashes through a nearby wooden fence.

The bit of the fence that Clemont crashed through has broken off the rest of it.

The invention explodes on after the crash, leaving Clemont with frizzy hair.

Clemont is on the other side of the fence and now so is Bonnie.

There are some Victreebel coming up to Clemont and Bonnie.

Ash and Serena are now on the other side of the fence as well.

The group of Victreebel the surround Clemont.

Bonnie then gets either mad and probably embarrassed as well.

One of the Victreebel has half of the top half of Clemont's body in it's mouth.

Ash gets Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on the Victreebel that has swallowed half of Clemont or maybe all of the Victreebel.

As the Thunderbolt comes closer to the Victreebel, the one with Clemont inside it spits him up.

Clemont then ends up being the one that gets electrocuted.

Clemont falls to the ground, after being accidentally being attacked by Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

Ash, Serena and Bonnie then run over to Clemont, to see if he is okay.

The group of Victreebel are still angry.

An old man riding on a Gogoat then comes running in and they both stop inbetween Ash and co. and the Victreebel.

The old man wants to know what happened to the fence and then Clemont explains what happened.

Ash apologises to the old man and then the Victreebel walk away.

Ash and co. then talk to the old man for a bit.

There are lots of grass type Pokemon at the ranch.

Serena scans the old man's Gogoat with her Pokedex.

Team Rocket are now in an alley way and are looking at a nearby Pokemon Center.

A girl with a Jumpluff goes past.

Ash and co. then enter the Pokemon Center and meet Nurse Joy and her Wigglytuff.

Nurse Joy and her Wigglytuff take Ash to a room in the Pokemon Center, where a Vanillite is hiding.

Ash and co. heard about the Vanillite from earlier.

Serena looks up the Vanillite on her Pokedex.

At first the Vanillite is shy, but then it meets Ash and the others.

Pikachu and Dedenne say hello the the Vanillite.

Ash and co.(including Nurse Joy) go off to another room, where there is Pokemon food.

They are in the room with the Pokemon food and they are choosing which Pokemon food to give to the Vanillite.

Team Rocket enter the Pokemon Center, all disguised as Nurse Joy.

They find Vanillite and try to trick it into getting in a box that they have.

Meowth forces the Vanillite in the box and Team Rocket then run off with it.

Ash and co. realise that some people who are dressed like Nurse Joy are taking off with Vanillite.

Ash and co. chase after them.

As they chase them, they leave the Pokemon Center and head outside.

They all stop after heading outside and then they continue to chase Team Rocket.

Team Rocket are now running along the path near the Coumarine Gym that Ash and co. walked along earlier.

The Vanillish and Vanilluxe from earlier use an ice type attack to create a big blizzard in the town.

Dare Da? Vanillite.

The townspeople and their Pokemon feel the effects of the harsh blizzard that is blowing through the town.

The old man has now arrived in the middle of town with on his Gogoat.

He briefly watches the town being affected by the blizzard.

A boy comes up and talks to him.

Ash and co. are not too far behind Team Rocket now.

It is now snowy where Ash and co. and Team Rocket are now.

Team Rocket stop and remove their disguises as they say there motto, but they become too cold.

Vanillish and Vanilluxe then arrive at the spot where Ash and co, Team Rocket and the Vanillite are.

Serena then looks up the Vanillish on her Pokedex and Vanillish then blows an Ice Type attack from its mouth.

Serena also looks up Vanilluxe on her Pokedex and then Vanilluxe also blows an Ice Type attack from both of its mouths.

Vanillite opens the box it was trapped in and tries to escape, but Meowth then closes the lid to trap the Vanillite back inside the box.

The Vanillish and the Vanilluxe then blow a pretty harsh blizzard towards Ash and co. and Team Rocket.

Ash yells at Team Rocket to release the Vanillite that they have captured, because then the Vanillish and Vanilluxe will stop their attacks.

Jessie and James say that they won't and then they continue to run away from Ash and co.

Team Rocket then get frozen in a block of ice, after Vanillish and Vanilluxe use Ice Type attacks on them.

Ash jumps over the fence and gets closer to Vanillish and Vanilluxe.

Ash calls out to the Vanillish and Vanilluxe, asking them to stop.

Because he is so close, he starts to become even colder because of the Vanillish and Vanilluxe's Ice Type attacks.

Ash gets pulled away from the harsh Ice Type attacks by some vines.

The vine's came from the old man's Gogoat.

The old man is now near Ash and co., on his Gogoat.

He throws out one of his Pokeball's and his Jumpluff comes out.

The old man tells Jumpluff to use Sunny Day and it does.

The dark and stormy clouds then disappear.

The snowstorm finally stops.

A group of Sunflora fire their Solarbeam attacks at the snow that is still around that area.

Team Rocket brings out a big Meowth shaped Mecha of theirs.

They trap the three Ice Type Pokemon in their machine.

I think they use the Ice Type Pokemon to create another blizzard at them/

Clemont brings out Luxio and Serena brings out Fennekin.

They use them to attack the Mecha.

Ash also brings out his Frogadier and they all end up destroy Team Rocket's Mecha.

Team Rocket blast off.

The three Ice Type Pokemon are safe after the explosion and then everything is fine with the town.

Ash is excited to battle with the Gym Leader Ramos.

To be continued.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
This episode had an unfortunate presence of being next to an episode that really hyped me up. Frogadier blade arms, man. Goddamn Frog Katars!

As for the episode itself it was the same old and same old. I found it funny that Ramos kept secret his identity as Gym Leader until the very end only to be recognized by Clemont, nice going dude. Can't say much about this one. It was great on how Ash ordered Serena and Clemont to help him against TR's snow-producing mecha, as well as the fact that Clemont finally got Luxio out of its hole and made its useful. Something to note here is that Frogadier was used to destroy the mecha's fan thing, and made a good impression on Ramos--a sure sign of its starring role in the next episode.

Funny how the Sunflora's massive solarbeam didn't explode stuff on contact like it usually does and was just like a magic sun eraser that erased the "snow" that was being produce by Vanillish and Vanillux. Nice sweeping CG of the environment there in the beginning of the episode. The animators like to show off now.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
That tree standing on the hill next to the city somehow reminds me of the tree where Celebi was found in the Zoroark movie.

I'm not that good in Japanese, but did Ramos say to Ash that he could die while taking the brunt of the icecream's snowstorms? I'm surprised they actually said the 'death' word.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That tree standing on the hill next to the city somehow reminds me of the tree where Celebi was found in the Zoroark movie.

I'm not that good in Japanese, but did Ramos say to Ash that he could die while taking the brunt of the icecream's snowstorms? I'm surprised they actually said the 'death' word.
In the original Japanese dialogue, I'm not really that surprised since Ash did mention death in the Lapras episode too, although the dub changed it to "going downhill fast"

phanpycross

God-king
I guess those victreebel counts as a eference to horde battles.

This episode as a great introduction to both Ramos and Coumarine city in general, and it seems we will be spending a few episodes here. the city has a grea design, and it was super neat to see all those grass-types again.

It was kinda surprising the plot didnt really start till 9 minutes into the episode, not that Im complaining.

The vanillite line was awesome here, the little one was cute, and it was nice to see "comedic" pokemon like vanilluxe being this badass.

8/10, fillerish for sure, but the good kind IMO.

LizardonX

Banned
DISCLAIMER: vanillite was the first and only legit shiny I have in gen 6, so I thought this ep would be watchable.

This episode was beyond boring. So much so that I fell asleep watching it.

From the pics I saw afterwards I have no regrets.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Yes, he did. ("What are you doing? Do you want to die?")

As Mr.Munchlax says, it's mostly just the dub that tries to avoid words like that.

I thought it was a good episode. Fukuji was even cooler than I expected, and I had pretty high hopes for him from on the preview. Based Director redeems another bland game character.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I thought it was a good episode. Fukuji was even cooler than I expected, and I had pretty high hopes for him from on the preview. Based Director redeems another bland game character.
He was? Based on his behavior, he didn't seem all that interesting unless it's his dialogue?

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review -

Pros:

* Intro motion animation
* Old man Ramos looked badass riding Billy Goat
* Serena, and not Ash, PokeDex'd
* Old man Ramos won't be as bland and unforgettable after all

Cons:

* B-b-boring episode
* Oh look, TR again! Same plot device again!

Thoughts:

* So uhh...were those Victreebel trying to eat Clemont?
* So why didn't they all freeze in that blizzard?
* Did.... those Sunflora just Solar Beam the snow and ice off without causing any damage to the trees themselves? Kek.

Really just a fillerish episode meant to set up for the gym battle.

2/10

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had a feeling Ash or his friends would get ice cream here. I loved that Coumarine City had so many Grass-types running around; Chespin's stunt with Bellossom was so reductive though. I loved those Victreebel though; seeing them trying to swallow Clemont made me cackle and their screams were so nostalgic. Kudos to Jumpluff and the Sunflora too for helping end the freeze.

Squirtle_007

- Team Rocket's stupid plans reached a new level of stupidity this time: They wanted the Vanillite just ... to get ice cream from it (-_-), it's really painful to see how low they have been going, from almost destroying Unova twice to screwing Team Plasma's plans ... to steal cheese and robbing an Ice-type Pokémon for such a lame reason
- Ramos putting Ash in his place and calling him off for taking such a stupid risk ... awesome, and about damn time
- Serena and Clemont not taking action until Ash told them to do it ... yeah, The Ash Cult is NOT a thing
- I was dissapointed that Sunflora didn't used Solarbeam like it did back in Johto shooting it with it's full face

phanpycross

God-king
- Team Rocket's stupid plans reached a new level of stupidity this time: They wanted the Vanillite just ... to get ice cream from it (-_-), it's really painful to see how low they have been going, from almost destroying Unova twice to screwing Team Plasma's plans ... to steal cheese and robbing an Ice-type Pokémon for such a lame reason
- Ramos putting Ash in his place and calling him off for taking such a stupid risk ... awesome, and about damn time
- Serena and Clemont not taking action until Ash told them to do it ... yeah, The Ash Cult is NOT a thing
- I was dissapointed that Sunflora didn't used Solarbeam like it did back in Johto shooting it with it's full face

It isnt

/10 chars

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I liked the episode, it was alright.

Finally Ash and the group arrive at Coumarine City! I like the way the city looked, so since they'll be there for a while, that's cool. I liked Bonnie a lot in this episode too, she had quite a few little girl moments like when she wanted ice cream.

I found it a bit funny how only one Vanillish and Vanilluxe can freeze an entire city.. It was cool how Ramos used a bunch of Sunflora to save the city, anyway looking forward to Ash's gym battle with him.

I like the way the episode ended, it would have been a funny ending if Clemont didn't realize Ramos was the gym leader and they found out next episode.

7/10