• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 1st & 2nd Generation Games Rules, FAQ and Help Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
May I asked how do the badges work? Like do they only effect the Pokemon your currently have or every Pokemon you have after that point will also get that benefit?
Getting certain badges will boost certain stats in all Pokémon games until Gen 4. That boost increases that stat by 12.5%. It affects the Pokémon you’re using in battle.
Oh of course, I completely forgot about that. Thanks
Corrected the stat boost. It’s 12.5% not 10% due to the different stat boost bonus.

Houka

Getting certain badges will boost certain stats in all Pokémon games until Gen 4. That boost increases that stat by 12.5%. It affects the Pokémon you’re using in battle.

OK but ya didn't say if it effect my current only or not.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Houka

"in battle" doesn't answer my question.

That doesn't tell if I catch a new Pokemon after I got the badge, when I use (in battle) then will they have the badges effect?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

That doesn't tell if I catch a new Pokemon after I got the badge, when I use (in battle) then will they have the badges effect?
Anything in your party that you are currently using in battle will get the stat boosts during battle. It doesn't affect anything in your PC, anything in your party when not battling, or anything anywhere else. It's like a continuous effect during battle only. It doesn't matter if you caught your pokemon before or after the badge, as long as you are using it in battle, it will get the stat boosts from the badges you have.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

It’s kinda like stat changes that are applied from moves like Swords Dance. It’s an effect that only applies to the Pokémon that is currently in battle, regardless of when it was caught.

keithpetrosky

Is it even possible to catch Pinsir in safari zone? I’m playing Pokémon yellow and it’s been over a week playing daily and not one can be caught, I’ve found about 15 per day. I tried looking online and can’t find anyone who actually caught one and nobody I know who plays can catch one they all resorted to buying one at the game corner.

So if anyone did catch in safari zone how did you what technique did you use?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is it even possible to catch Pinsir in safari zone? I’m playing Pokémon yellow and it’s been over a week playing daily and not one can be caught, I’ve found about 15 per day. I tried looking online and can’t find anyone who actually caught one and nobody I know who plays can catch one they all resorted to buying one at the game corner.

Yes, there’s still a chance you can catch Pinsir in the Safari Zone in Yellow. It can be found in two areas, in Area 2 where it has a 1% encounter rate and is found at Lv 15 and in Area 3 where it has a 4% encounter rate and is found at Lv 25. The ones at Area 2 have a 10.464% of being caught per ball without any changes to its catch rate and the Area 3 ones have a 10.412% chance of being caught. There’s not much difference with the chances in different areas but Area 3 is much easier to access using Surf and the significantly higher encounter rate means you’ll most likely find more Pinsirs there. Really it’s just pure luck.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

just throw balls and hope for some good luck.

Or you can alternate between throwing food and rocks and hope they don't run.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Without nature, how is Tyrogue's dominant stat determined in mind with evolution? Also, what are the best choices for HM Slaves in this game?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Without nature, how is Tyrogue's dominant stat determined in mind with evolution? Also, what are the best choices for HM Slaves in this game?
It’s as simple as if its Attack or Defense stat is higher. It’ll evolve into Hitmonlee if its Attack his higher, Hitmonchan if its Defense is higher or into Hitmontop if its Attack and Defense are the same.

Most HMs are Water-type attacks in Gen 2 so a good amount will be Water types. I think the best combinations involve anyone one of the following moves:
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Strength
-Whirlpool
-Fly
I believe Dragonite can learn all of these but it can be difficult to get. There’s definitely a lot that can have the same combination but it depends on which HM combination you prefer.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Gyarados is a great HM slave since it can learn Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, and Strength and is easily found at the Lake of Rage (or Magikarp is found all over the place).

LetalBladeNinja

Hello :) I've been playing Pokémon Yellow this week and to end things off I wanted to try the Pikachu's beach minigame. Many sources online (including Serebii) say that you can get 500 points if you do three flips (not in the same direction), but for the life of me I haven't been able to do it after hours of trying, and I didn't find any footage of someone getting the 500 points. Can anyone provide me tangible proof that the 500 points flip actually exists? Or at least tell me how to do it if you manged to, I'm kind of desperate at this point, hahao_O. Thank you and have a nice day!