• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 1st Annual Cup of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
Hey UDK,

For round two what are your plans for round 2? Not that I want to skip a match, but i think it only fair the people who got a 'bye' this round and advanced should be paired with other 'bye'rs and award those who completed their 1st round with a 'bye'. Just so its kinda fair, i'd be kinda p-o'd if someone advanced 2 rounds without a single battle and I had to work 2 rounds.

No offense, but that's a horrible idea. It's not because I don't want other people to have byes, but the way that you're describing it your plan will throw the brackets into a state of pure chaos and disorder. In order to have a organized tournament, the number of players needs to be 64->32->16->8->4->2->1. If we were to do what you did, it would be like 64->32->26-ish->13->7.5... Yeah, it won't work.

Byes are a part of tournaments, and what happens happens. If you didn't get one, well that's just too bad. No "compensation" is needed. I'm not being conceited, I'm just being logical. There will no longer be byes from here on outwards, considering we've eliminated any no-shows.

Ultimate Dragon Knight

Well, I had a tournament tree set up on Excel, but considering the case of this I will do just that. I am working on the standings and such. Should have posted in 30. Will check regularly to see results of any last minute battles.

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
Well, I had a tournament tree set up on Excel, but considering the case of this I will do just that. I am working on the standings and such. Should have posted in 30. Will check regularly to see results of any last minute battles.

Of course, the power of logic is defeated by the whim of a single person. Let's just see what happens when only 6 people are eliminated from this round and you have a total mess on your hands. Then we'll see who's right.

Ultimate Dragon Knight

Hmm. Well, with Archer's battle, that means that 13 Battles have not occurred. And Rose, I'm a pretty rational guy. I can see what you are getting at here. But I would still do it in a organized way. And now that I think about it, we have eliminated probably nearly any inactive person. Everyone should be able to complete their match again this time. Deadline will again be a week. And with that, that is my final choice. I understand everyone's thoughts and opinions, but I must take back my earlier decision, and stick with how I had it in the first place. Sorry if I am hurting anyone's feelings, but I can't bend back and forth. It would horribly grotesque the tourney brackets, and now realizing that, it would take me a while to figure out a way to make it work. So I am sticking with this. Sorry.

Well on another note, I've got the tourney matchups nearly done. Who has not had their battle, but has contacted their opponent? Please go to my clan chat (in my sig) and tell me, and tell me your case, so I can finish this up.

EDIT: Well, not knowing the outcomes of 3 matches, I shall still put up the next battles, for those who want to get them done asap. Lol.

• (gingbino11 or Fett) vs crunchyjustice
  • Megaman12 vs Blingox24
  • assassinssceptile vs iBattle
  • speedygallade vs (Calarus or [Natalie])
  • ger9119 vs DarkSpace2010
  • PoKe_aRcHeR2010 vs destructo
  • Bestgamepearl vs (atml or BLinD FaLCoN)
  • SolarPowerX vs Rico Suave
  • christiandeath77 vs BlazinKickinChicken
  • Charminions vs Twilight_Trainer
  • shadowsfalling19 vs harukaharuka
  • Alphaw vs RoseSymphony
  • JMG vs neo darkrai
  • BigDaddy D vs bendy001
  • Gamefreak vs *rising star*
  • zodiacsage vs Mail Time

The entries are bolded are the matches that I do not who has moved on. And I would like to know soon... *hint* *hint*

Last edited:

BGP_

oh yay, falcon or atml, both friends again :S. lol flyers first round and either of those 2 second round, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck to everyone in 2nd round ;D

Ultimate Dragon Knight

I havent had a chance to battle speedygallade. I contacted him on the 22nd

Has he contacted you back since? Btw, for those it applies to, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
I have contacted alphaw, and he responded immediately. We should be able to battle either today or tomorrow. Hooray for efficiency.

iBattle

The Battler
im going to contact my tourney match now, lets hope everyone battles this time

BlazinKickinChicken

comes out at night
I won against ChristianDeath77. PO ****ed him over and deleted one of his pokes, but I would've swept him with another one of my guys if he did have it with him. GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.