• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 1st Annual Cup of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
I am not disagreeing with the issue here (3rd Gen Event having the Same ID as a 4th Gen Poke) but all my Pokes have flawless IVs due to RNG abuse and are completely legit. Not to mention with the use of cloning it would not be impossible to provide such a prize.

There are two obvious scenarios here, either they are hacks (which if they are I am sure UDK is unaware of this given his apparent stance on hacked Pokes) or as he said before he was in a rush when he posted them and accidentally copied the wrong info. I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and see what the people are running this tourney have to say about it before anyone rushes to conclusions.

RNG abuse, to those who oppose all forms of hacking, is no different from PokeSav, as you're abusing some sort of aspect of the game that was not meant to be abused. AR-ing and PokeSav-ing are direct and brute-force approches to accomplish this, while RNG abusing does this somewhat indirectly by using in-game features to manipulate what was not meant to be manipulated. The fact that these are in-game features cause some to believe that it is more "legitimate" than others, but honestly the only things that are truly legitimate are purely bred Pokemon. As I said, RNG abuse is simply manipulating the game, which is the same thing Action Replay does. If something that would normally take hours takes you ten minutes, it's still hacking, no matter how you accomplish the task - through in-game features or an outside mechanism.

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
RNG abuse, to those who oppose all forms of hacking, is no different from PokeSav, as you're abusing some sort of aspect of the game that was not meant to be abused. AR-ing and PokeSav-ing are direct and brute-force approches to accomplish this, while RNG abusing does this somewhat indirectly by using in-game features to manipulate what was not meant to be manipulated. The fact that these are in-game features cause some to believe that it is more "legitimate" than others, but honestly the only things that are truly legitimate are purely bred Pokemon. As I said, RNG abuse is simply manipulating the game, which is the same thing Action Replay does. If something that would normally take hours takes you ten minutes, it's still hacking, no matter how you accomplish the task - through in-game features or an outside mechanism.

I definitely do not have the energy to argue in this thread about the merits of RNG abuse and AR, however, RNG abuse is a widely accepted form of legitimately obtaining Pokemon and actually takes some degree of effort unlike AR which enables flawless Pokes at the push of a button, I do not care if someone uses AR personally but the last time I checked using RNG Pokes isn't grounds to get someone put on the hack list and AR is, not to mention I would never even resort to that if it wasn't for the widespread abuse of a cheating device among players of a game I actually like to participate in online. Basically all I was trying to say is that instead of accusing The Legacy of supplying hacks lets hear them out and hear straight from them if the prizes are hacked or not.

Last edited:

Ultimate Dragon Knight

OK well, honest to God, I didn't have anything to do with them besides ask for certain Pokemon, and then have a very generous friend do them for me, who likes to breed and such, but doesn't rly play online or anything. If you still question some of the prizes, I can possibly substitute them with other pokemon... Or do away with the consolatory prizes and just have the top 3.

Last edited:

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
OK well, honest to God, I didn't have anything to do with them besides ask for certain Pokemon, and then have a very generous friend do them for me, who likes to breed and such, but doesn't rly play online or anything. If you still question some of the prizes, I can possibly substitute them with other pokemon... Or do away with the consolatory prizes and just have the top 3.

Keep the consolatory prizes. From the feedback we've gotten on the prizes it seems that no one really cares how they were obtained. Besides, I'm sure that a lot of people were excited about them upon entering this tournament.

Ultimate Dragon Knight

Ight. Well then. I shall post next round in a few minutes, after I look up all the results! We are narrowing down, and I hope everyone can get their match done on time this time around! And if you have lost, and wish to collect your prizes, please contact me via PM or VM with times that you can pick them up from me. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Wishes battles would get done on time. Can we all do that this time? Thanks yah!

• (Fett vs crunchyjustice) vs (Megaman12 vs Blingox24)
  • assassinsceptile vs speedygallade
  • ger9119 vs destructo
  • Bestgamepearl vs Rico Suave
  • BlazinKickinChicken vs Charminions
  • harukaharuka vs RoseSymphony
  • Neo Darkrai vs (BigDaddy D vs bendy001)
  • Gamefreak vs Mail Time

^ will be up in first post later ^

Last edited:

megaman12

Not Happy
I would like to get my round 2 match to quickly start round 3 but blingo hasn't been on since Nov.26th =(.I will wait a till sunday or mondaysince i don't want to get another BYE.

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
Contacted haruka. I've gotten too far to lose now. C:

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
unfortunately confirming my defeat...i counted no less than 3 hax tbh...i didnt enjoy much the match...i mean seriously...a full health swampy lead getting critted by a dynamic punch...* sigh * but i guess i deserve the loss...i should accept the consecuences...i chose po and po betrayed me but oh well not much i can do is there...lol...well i guess gg destructo...and gl on the rest of the tourney...btw im not a sore loser...i was just a little mad cuz getting critted three times in a match is seriously....not...cool...

destructo

u got a crit and flinches on me so pm me this instead of putting it here so people wont think i got lucky and that i dont deserve to be here. It was still 3-0 so it wouldn't matter

Last edited:

Mail Time

Banned
ok po glitch so none of my mons have leftovers...good ill still win.

a series of unfortunate events lead me to being haxxed out of a clear win

whatever, good game and good luck...

Last edited:

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
u got a crit and flinches on me so pm me this instead of putting it here so people wont think i got lucky and that i dont deserve to be here. It was still 3-0 so it wouldn't matter

it doesnt matter it still was gg and tbh i dont really care much about the tourney...you battled well...it just wasnt my day...and btw you didnt flinch but it doesnt matter anyways...youre on the next round and for that i congratulate you so gl to you and everyone the still reamins in the tourney ;)

Ultimate Dragon Knight

Hmm, I don't like this, matches ending horribly due to hax/glitch. Personally, I would wish it to be redone, but I have not implemented that as a rule, but if both agree (which would be kind to do so, although not required) then you shall be allowed a rematch for the next round, if you wish for a just match without hax. But, that's just an opinion... It would make things more fun and satisfying though.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Hax is part of the game. If people don't believe in it then Togekiss should be banned and all pokemon should use Swift with the ability shell armor.

PO is a simuator, but it has issues just like the DS games. Your choice of battling, your choice of risks.

Hope everyone enjoys their battles and "be excellent to each other".

Mail Time

Banned
Unfortunately, a win is win, so you can't really take away someone's right, even if they shouldn't of won. I guess I could claim a rematch on the basis that a "glitch changed the match dramatically" as it did, costing me the match, even with all the hax, but I won't do that. It just seems odd how Leftovers were working for me the battle before, and then decided to screw over my team...

*rising star*

THE GREAT RAN ;)
About the prizes.....WHO REALLY CARES. Most likely you already have a Lucario and Tyranitar. I know the reason most of the people entered the tourney was to win and say "I'm the best on Serebii". If you made it to the last few rounds....like I said before you really don't need those pokemon and if anything they are trophies and proof that you made it to the finals of the Lagacy Cup. So....guys quite complaining over the prizes and have fun doing what you all came here to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.