• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 2013 Spring Friendly (Official Singles Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread)

Are you participating in this tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
just curious what are the most common pokemon are you guys seeing?
in juniors/seniors it is mainly no legends o_O

also a lot of priority attacking lucario's with SD and a sash and acid armor armor+minimize chandelure ._.

SeiyruKazohu

I can haz poffin?
Dang... Didn't realize that Toxic didn't affect Ferrothorn. Ended up costing me the game. Going 0-1 right now.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
these are two completely different "metagames" then xD
That's all I've been facing... only saw one Kyurem-B but quite a few T-Tars and Keldeo's as well.

Dang... Didn't realize that Toxic didn't affect Ferrothorn. Ended up costing me the game. Going 0-1 right now.
Steel types are immune to Toxic, so never attempt it on anything that looks remotely like metal (or Cobalion or Lucario)

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

no t tar's... only one kyurem which was white... and no keldeos... :O
Hmm... odd, guess this tournament is more diverse then I thought it would be. What sucks for me is Ditto is my only legendary Pokemon (Imposter) when my opponent uses them. And from what I know about Genesect, gonna have to lead Ditto most of the time

SeiyruKazohu

I can haz poffin?
That's all I've been facing... only saw one Kyurem-B but quite a few T-Tars and Keldeo's as well.

Steel types are immune to Toxic, so never attempt it on anything that looks remotely like metal (or Cobalion or Lucario)

See, I didn't realize that... Oh well.

Anyways, in the 4 battles I've had, all four had Ferrothorn, and 3 out of the 4 had Hydrigon.

MSK

AARGH!!! Same old story.
Just played my 1st match against someone called MARKELL from Georgia at 1571. I absolutely smashed him 3-0 and he RQ's before the Win-Loss screen even comes up.

(I'm going to update this post with my results and name and shame list)
W - 61
L - 33
RQ - 5
DC - 3

RQers
MARKELL - Georgia USA
VaWaHi - Finland (Tried to RQ but left it to late and it came back on and result went through so tough luck cheater)
Boah - Chile (Tried to RQ but left it to late and it came back on and result went through so tough luck cheater)
Panda - Mexico (RQ'd on the first move!! What a douche bag)
Ethan - Florida USA (RQ'd on first move as my Genesect U-Turn'd his Tyranitar)
SATUROS - No location (RQ'd on 2nd turn after his Rock Slide didn't KO my Thundurus, what a ****)
IsraVGC - Mexico (**** **** ****, beat him and he RQ after I took loss from him earlier, absolute scum bag and he was at 1998)

DC's
Benji - No location (DC'd on team selection screen)
PedroW - Brazil Ceara (DC'd on Match-Up screen)
Vale - No location (They beat me and right at the last moment they DC'd it came back on and I was hoping they'd get the win but it went back to the blue screen. Gutted for them)

Last edited:

Rakurai

Out of interest of getting the C-gear skins, I entered with a thrown together team of Hydreigon, Gliscor, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Weavile, and Ditto.

I might've made different choices had I realized the normally banned legendaries are allowed in this tournament,

Joltik-Kid

AARGH!!! Same old story.
Just played my 1st match against someone called MARKELL from Georgia at 1571. I absolutely smashed him 3-0 and he RQ's before the Win-Loss screen even comes up.

(I'm going to update this post with my results and name and shame list)
W - 0
L - 1
RQ - 1
Are you using that whole Legendary team? If so, that's what I expected given how wimpy people seem to be.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
So...I don't really want to do my usual 100 battle quota this time around. The level 30 limit is weirding me out, I have finals soon, and I'm recovering from a sickness. I just don't feel like going anything further than what will get me the C-gear skin (or whatever else is a prize).

That said, I've found some difficulties in uploading battle videos. I used Jellicent, Accelgor, and Cobalion against someone who used Lucario, Zoroark, and Cobalion. I won, saved the battle as a video, but when I tried to upload it I got a message saying "there seems to be something wrong with the Pokémon in this video". Can I not upload this video, solely because both the people involved used Cobalion in the battle? Because that's what I'm assuming, and it's somewhat irritating.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
I am 15-0-0
i havent had a single RQer...
i dont know why anyone would because this isn't for championship points... >.>
but anyway this is one of the easiest tourneys i have ever been in, and usually my battles go like this:
send out volcarona
they send out either a steel pokemon or a kyurem.
sub against a steel while they switch out/fire gem overheat the kyurem to ko
slowly take there HP with bug buzz/psychic in the sub/switch out volcarona to terrakion who lives next move by sash. finish them off with CC's.

either that or lead with terrakion, and then get a SD up and sweep.

Morpher01

Bewear my power
Okay, now this is just annoying. I tried to upload another battle video, this one featuring a Ditto on each side, and it STILL says "there appears to be a problem with the Pokémon in this video".

So...what's the problem? The only one I see is that both people used a Pokémon from the same species (which is a stupid restriction to put on battle videos).

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I had some terrible battles through the night, mainly people using legendaries that I'm unprepared for -_-
I've seen people mainly using Zekrom, Reshiram, Keldeo, Kyurem, Terrakion, an the Kami Trio. I've been able to take out 2 of the three but if I don't take out the last one quickly it usually wrecks me.
So far I'm: With 1430
8=L
3=W
1=RQ

The one person I've seen that's disconnected I was sweeping through his team easily. When I got to his Ampharos who was barely alive my Flygon was about to finish it with EQ an then they quit.... be a good sport an just take the lose. To many D/C's an you can actually get denied access from future competitions, it sucks to lose I know. I have more loses then wins an you don't see me complaining about it -_-
But for someone that isn't much of a competitive battler an hasn't played much of any wi-fi battles, I could say I'm doing.... ok for a first time? Gonna see what I can do for today an post on here later.

ludiloco

OT: Nathan
Trainer Sprite: Youngster
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 3182 4004 6029
Team:
227.gif
472.gif
059.gif
635.gif
121.gif
214.gif

| Knightwing | Glider | Blitzkrieg | Ragnarok | Cosmic | Kratos |

Doing well so far: W:7 L:2 RQ:1(the other guy, of course) and the 2 times I lost was against Ubers but that's no excuse. Have I battled any of you guys yet?

Joltik-Kid

I am 15-0-0
i havent had a single RQer...
i dont know why anyone would because this isn't for championship points... >.>
but anyway this is one of the easiest tourneys i have ever been in, and usually my battles go like this:
send out volcarona
they send out either a steel pokemon or a kyurem.
sub against a steel while they switch out/fire gem overheat the kyurem to ko
slowly take there HP with bug buzz/psychic in the sub/switch out volcarona to terrakion who lives next move by sash. finish them off with CC's.

either that or lead with terrakion, and then get a SD up and sweep.
I've made two really bone headed moves that got me 2 loses... That's kind of what this tournament is though, lead with Steel or Dark type (or Genesect). Only two guys I've fought have started off with a Fighting type that isn't Lucario (and the Lucario's I'm facing don't have priority moves).

Accelgor is a beast and Ditto is a godsend. Seriously, Ditto is really pulling off something special. I have yet to find use for Hydreigon though

6W 2L 0DCs

MSK

Are you using that whole Legendary team? If so, that's what I expected given how wimpy people seem to be.

Not the whole legends lol. Went with Genesect, Keldeo-R, Thundurus, Excadrill, Cobalion and Fraxure (for any Aron's!! not that I've seen any yet)

old man

On Guard!!!
I've seen ALOT of the kuyurm forms. And pokes with work up. Not alot of entry hazards which seems like they only favor 6 vs 6 teams

Joltik-Kid

Not the whole legends lol. Went with Genesect, Keldeo-R, Thundurus, Excadrill, Cobalion and Fraxure (for any Aron's!! not that I've seen any yet)
Fraxure holding eviolite? Anyway, you team is housing two members that I've seen constantly (Keldeo-R and Excadrill) and one that's appearing more often (Genesect)

I'm shock no one is using the Aron tactic... Virizion was originally gonna be my counter for it as well as just a big threat, but because I couldn't register it for some unknown reason, I've been using Cinccino with Skill Link instead

I've seen ALOT of the kuyurm forms. And pokes with work up. Not alot of entry hazards which seems like they only favor 6 vs 6 teams
Hazards are pretty pointless in a 3 on 3 match, especially when the everything is level 30. The only reason Stealth Rocks might have been a slight blessing here is because of all Kyurem's and the potential Volcarona's

Status
Not open for further replies.