1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The 2013 Spring Friendly (Official Singles Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Formats' started by jstinftw!, May 3, 2013.

?

Are you participating in this tournament?

1. Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

84.8%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

15.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario C

Mario C Member

Of course someone with a 1700 rating rage quits on me. Can't handle being beaten by someone in the 1400s I guess.

2. hitoshura0

hitoshura0 Well-Known Member

The greatest thing I've learned from fighting this is how badly Keldeo is walled by Water Absorb Jellicent. And with Will-o-Wisp, it makes it more hilarious as the inevitable switch in on it gets a nasty burn. Thing is tearing stuff up, even though I'm pretty sure I'm a bit over .500, partly because I've been playing poorly lately. I need to eat better during these.

3. ludiloco

ludiloco Well-Known Member

No opponents right now!!! What's wrong? I'm in 1609 and I want to up my ranks.

4. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Have you tried turning your DS off and back on again? Suffered that same problem yesterday night.

5. ludiloco

Thanks. Gonna try.

6. Mr.Azy

Mr.Azy Cradily's Victory!

Hey guys a bit late to the party,

OT: AZ
    Trainer Sprite: Ranger
    Age Division: Senior
    Friend Code: 1808 0092 1150
    Team: Octillery, Keldeo, Conkeldurr, Reshiram, Genesect, Kyurem(W)
    Nicknames: NONE

So far, easy battles, really enjoying this, only ran in one ragequitter from germany

If you guys see me,ggs in advance!

AZ

7. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not that concerned with getting a high rank and am mostly just in it for the C-gear skins, because my team of Hydreigon, Gliscor, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Weavile, and Ditto is probably going to get creamed by the legendaries I wasn't prepared for.

I didn't realize they allowed the use of the normally banned Pokemon in the tourney until after I had registered, though I think I'd probably end up doing terribly regardless.

8. The Light Ruler

The Light Ruler Light of Ruin.......

OT: Anthony
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Age Division: Master
    Friend Code: 2108-6509-9829
    Team: Kyurem-W, Genesect, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Terrakion, Jellicent
    Nicknames: None

I'm currently at a rating of 1666 with 19 wins, 2 losses, and 4 disconnects (2 of which were because my router crapped out on me).

9. ludiloco

Got to battle like five more times, lost to a sun-team due to not having a good counter for Volcarona.

There is to much rage-quitting for me at least, it's kinda annoying.

Time to rest since my DS ran out of battery.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  10. Mr.Azy

Mr.Azy Cradily's Victory!

Had my first ragequit of the day, OT: Andrew from Scotland, UK

AZ

11. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Yes Eviolite :)
    Finally home so I'm about to begin my tournament properly :)

Damn it just lost to Ashley in the 1700+ because my Rock Slide missed :( why oh why didn't I use EQ!!! Idiot me :( lol

12. Zyon

Zyon NUM NUM NUM

I'm not seeing many players now using nothing but legendaries, there are some here an there using one or two. Nothing from what I saw last night every single person had a full team of legendaries or just two of them.

I've finally caught up with my loses lol.
    11=W 11=L 1=RQ

Everytime I was sweeping through someone's team with Flygon I had a bad feeling they would RQ. Luckily everyone is being a good sport(I understand it might be connection issues but when it's right near the end it's pretty obvious their RQer.)

13. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

You're obviously coming up against the wrong Keldeo's. Either of mine with HP Electric or Ghost would 2HKO your Jellicent ;)

14. joej m

joej m Club Double Trouble

172X points :D
    i have 23 wins 0 losses and 1RQ

15. MSK

MSK Well-Known Member

Well done as always joej.
    I'm just over 1600 with 14 wins, 4 losses, 1 RQ
    I'm quite enjoying this tourney, I liked rotation more, but I'm doing ok. Losses have only come because of my own mistakes.

Well I think that's me done for the night, just had the communication error 3 times in a row while searching for an opponent and again when I came out to try going back in again.
    Think my DS is overheating as I've just put it on charge lol

16. Joltik-Kid

I wonder if I'll ever meet you in one of these tourneys ^^

17. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Cin-Der-Race!

I knew this tourney only allowed BW2 dex Pokemon what I didn't know is that it also included the legendaries within that dex. I really gotta start reading these things more carefully... :p

18. Joltik-Kid

People who are using all legends feel like scum in this tournament...not to mention pretty cocky (no wonder their in the high 1500s) :p

19. giratina519

giratina519 ra ra ra IERUKANA?!

I don't see many all legendaries in this one... I feel bad that I filled MY team with black Kyurem, reshiram, zekrom, Genesect,and Keldeo...
    Along with a hydriegon, because I thought that I would lose to the all-legends people... But I don't see as many as I thought and I feel bad....

20. Marbi Z

Marbi Z Cin-Der-Race!

Really? Because it's been quite the opposite for me :S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.