• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 2013 Spring Friendly (Official Singles Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread)

Are you participating in this tournament?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario C

Of course someone with a 1700 rating rage quits on me. Can't handle being beaten by someone in the 1400s I guess.

hitoshura0

The greatest thing I've learned from fighting this is how badly Keldeo is walled by Water Absorb Jellicent. And with Will-o-Wisp, it makes it more hilarious as the inevitable switch in on it gets a nasty burn. Thing is tearing stuff up, even though I'm pretty sure I'm a bit over .500, partly because I've been playing poorly lately. I need to eat better during these.

ludiloco

No opponents right now!!! What's wrong? I'm in 1609 and I want to up my ranks.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
No opponents right now!!! What's wrong? I'm in 1609 and I want to up my ranks.
Have you tried turning your DS off and back on again? Suffered that same problem yesterday night.

Mr.Azy

Cradily's Victory!
Hey guys a bit late to the party,

OT: AZ
Trainer Sprite: Ranger
Age Division: Senior
Friend Code: 1808 0092 1150
Team: Octillery, Keldeo, Conkeldurr, Reshiram, Genesect, Kyurem(W)
Nicknames: NONE

So far, easy battles, really enjoying this, only ran in one ragequitter from germany

If you guys see me,ggs in advance!

AZ

Rakurai

I'm glad I'm not that concerned with getting a high rank and am mostly just in it for the C-gear skins, because my team of Hydreigon, Gliscor, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Weavile, and Ditto is probably going to get creamed by the legendaries I wasn't prepared for.

I didn't realize they allowed the use of the normally banned Pokemon in the tourney until after I had registered, though I think I'd probably end up doing terribly regardless.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
OT: Anthony
Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Master
Friend Code: 2108-6509-9829
Team: Kyurem-W, Genesect, Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Terrakion, Jellicent
Nicknames: None

I'm currently at a rating of 1666 with 19 wins, 2 losses, and 4 disconnects (2 of which were because my router crapped out on me).

ludiloco

Got to battle like five more times, lost to a sun-team due to not having a good counter for Volcarona.

There is to much rage-quitting for me at least, it's kinda annoying.

Time to rest since my DS ran out of battery.

Last edited:

Mr.Azy

Cradily's Victory!
Had my first ragequit of the day, OT: Andrew from Scotland, UK

AZ

MSK

Fraxure holding eviolite? Anyway, you team is housing two members that I've seen constantly (Keldeo-R and Excadrill) and one that's appearing more often (Genesect)

Yes Eviolite :)
Finally home so I'm about to begin my tournament properly :)

Damn it just lost to Ashley in the 1700+ because my Rock Slide missed :( why oh why didn't I use EQ!!! Idiot me :( lol

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm not seeing many players now using nothing but legendaries, there are some here an there using one or two. Nothing from what I saw last night every single person had a full team of legendaries or just two of them.

I've finally caught up with my loses lol.
11=W 11=L 1=RQ

Everytime I was sweeping through someone's team with Flygon I had a bad feeling they would RQ. Luckily everyone is being a good sport(I understand it might be connection issues but when it's right near the end it's pretty obvious their RQer.)

MSK

The greatest thing I've learned from fighting this is how badly Keldeo is walled by Water Absorb Jellicent. And with Will-o-Wisp, it makes it more hilarious as the inevitable switch in on it gets a nasty burn. Thing is tearing stuff up, even though I'm pretty sure I'm a bit over .500, partly because I've been playing poorly lately. I need to eat better during these.

You're obviously coming up against the wrong Keldeo's. Either of mine with HP Electric or Ghost would 2HKO your Jellicent ;)

MSK

172X points :D
i have 23 wins 0 losses and 1RQ

Well done as always joej.
I'm just over 1600 with 14 wins, 4 losses, 1 RQ
I'm quite enjoying this tourney, I liked rotation more, but I'm doing ok. Losses have only come because of my own mistakes.

Well I think that's me done for the night, just had the communication error 3 times in a row while searching for an opponent and again when I came out to try going back in again.
Think my DS is overheating as I've just put it on charge lol

Last edited:

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I knew this tourney only allowed BW2 dex Pokemon what I didn't know is that it also included the legendaries within that dex. I really gotta start reading these things more carefully... :p

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
I don't see many all legendaries in this one... I feel bad that I filled MY team with black Kyurem, reshiram, zekrom, Genesect,and Keldeo...
Along with a hydriegon, because I thought that I would lose to the all-legends people... But I don't see as many as I thought and I feel bad....

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I don't see many all legendaries in this one... I feel bad that I filled MY team with black Kyurem, reshiram, zekrom, Genesect,and Keldeo...
Along with a hydriegon, because I thought that I would lose to the all-legends people... But I don't see as many as I thought and I feel bad....
Really? Because it's been quite the opposite for me :S

Status
Not open for further replies.