• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 39287589th Rain Team [OU]

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hey guys. I'm just a bad player looking for some help. I'd like to get some help on this rain team (yeah I know, rain is as common as **** but still) and let's hope it'll be more interesting than the other rain teams.

Team Overview:
186.gif
381.gif
385.gif
212.gif
227.gif
646-black.gif

1377227196648.gif

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Specs Politoed is just... powerful. A Rain, STAB Boosted Hydro Pump hits so hard that it just smashes into thing. Yeah, it's packed with power. The other three are mainly for coverage. Ice Beam hits Grass types, Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn mainly, though I prefer to let someone else do the job. HP Grass handles Gastrodon pretty well, and I use it sometimes... for unknown reasons. Honestly, Rain Boosted Hydro Pump is just so strong I can often go spamming that one move.

tumblr_m4r0clntIS1rpn9eno1_500.gif

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Memento

You might be making some weird faces at this set, but this set packs one thing: surprise value. Usually, see a Latios, switch to Rachi/Heatran, only to be setup on. With a bit of prior damage, Latios can beat certain Latios switchins, such as...
vs SDef Rachi: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 364-429 (90.09 - 106.18%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Spikes

vs SubCM Rachi: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Jirachi: 325-385 (80.44 - 95.29%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes

vs SDef Tran: 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Heatran: 458-541 (118.96 - 140.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Scarf Ttar: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 335-395 (97.95 - 115.49%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO (Outspeed at +1 and KO cleanly)

vs Support Ttar: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 335-395 (82.92 - 97.77%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs SDef Jellicent: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Outrage vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Jellicent: 417-491 (103.21 - 121.53%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs Utility Jellicent: +1 252+ Atk Life Orb Latios Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 294-347 (72.95 - 86.1%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Spikes
As you can see, Earthquake is almost a must. Outrage is used after killing the special wall that tries to switch in. The last slot is more of a personal preference. I like Memento since it allows Latios (when it's on low hp) to allow teammates (eg. Rachi or Scizor) to set up.

tumblr_m1jtsh2xr51r1rrxzo1_500.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Standard SubCM Jirachi. Sub and Calm Mind are given. For my two attacking slots, I used Thunder to abuse te rain and the parahax is sometimes helpful for teammates to set up. Psyshock is my other move, since it allows me to hit this blob of pink stuff called Blissey, though I haven't seen them very lately...

tumblr_lq5i90nvUT1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

I've always wanted to try out Offensive SD Scizor, and the result is pretty fascinating for me. SD is a given. Bug Bite + Bullet Punch are STABs, and at +2, really put a lot of holes in the opponent, especially with Stealth Rock support. At +2, it can 2HKO Defensive Gliscor with Bullet Punch without prior damage, Skarmory with Superpower (though better left to someone else) without prior damage. With Rocks and Spikes however... ouch. But too lazy to do calcs :p Superpower can be counterproductive sometimes, but it's useful for nailing incoming steels like Heatran.

tumblr_m7bgz0pRz41rpn9eno1_500.gif

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

I love Skarmory. It's a great lead and I've used its Custap variant across multiple teams. While this Skarmory is easily countered with Taunt, against taunting leads, I switch and wait for the foe to run out of taunters before coming in and setting up. Stealth Rock and Spikes provide the 'prior damage' I mentioned earlier. Whirlwind is useful so opposing foes don't use it as a setup fodder. Taunt is used to prevent foes from setting up their hazards. It's useful for opposing lead Skarmory. Custap Berry usually guarantees SR + layer of spike. But for those who set up on me I can usually do more.

tumblr_mfwf2qhpfb1r6gk4zo1_500.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

While Kyurem-B's speed is far from godly, it acts as a good mixed revenge killer. With a Scarf, it can revenge kill opposing non-scarfed dragons with either Outrage of its own, Dragon Claw (if there's opposing Scizor/ferro) or Ice Beam (If the foe has some ice-weak mons). Even with Scarf, Kyurem-B's attack still shines well. Fusion Bolt is mainly coverage, hitting Heatran and water types, and occasional par chance is cute.

That's my team right now! I'm at 1916, with 9w - 2l - 0t.

A few threats:
- Toxicroak: +2 Sucker Punch = gg since my team is THAT offensive.
- Ferrothorn: Usually taken care of by Scizor or something, but still... can be annoying.
... and more to come.

McDanger

I personally dont see how dd latios helps your team as politoed beats jirachi and scizor destroys ttar. I like your dragon-steel-steel core, but i can see lando t being a pain as scarfed puts pressure on jirachi, scizor and kyurem, while rp can come in and force rachi and scizor and boost and sweep at. I suggest changing jirachi`s set to a bait set to check skarmory and landorus therian that wall scizor and stop kyurem from spamming outrage.
Your team also struggles with removing ferrothorn, i suggest toxicroak over latios as he KOs/forces ferrothorn out, while still checking keldeo. He also likes bait jirachi like i suggested, and puts a lot of pressure on the opponent with sucker punch, drain punch, and ice punch. Toxicroak can also act as a second check for terrakion outside of terrakion. This also helps as kyurem b is fairly slow for a revenger, so a second priority helps a lot.

Sets
Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 116 Atk / 140 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder
- Iron Head

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd