• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 5th Gen has no legendaries?

parasectdude

Wants name change
I just know that someone's gonna come in here and still believe that, so I'm warning you now.

pkrs009.gif

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP / 24 Atk / 136 Def / 112 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

In general, a good lead.

pkrs118.gif

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 Spd / 36 SAtk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Screech

Just wanted to try this out.

pkrs383.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Good ol' DDtar. Gets Sandstorms going too.

pkrs348.gif

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

I figured the team needed some more SDef, so I slapped on Screen.

pkfrlg082.png

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 52 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Endure is a fun surprise that beats Adamant Dugtrio with a Salac and this EV spread. Not sure about the rest of the EVs, though. Together with Dugtrio, beats Skarmbliss without much trouble.

pkfrlg051.png

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

Yeah, put AA on.

Fire away.

Last edited:

Levski

Josh trainer
I just know that someone's gonna come in here and still believe that, so I'm warning you now.

pkrs009.gif

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP / 24 Atk / 136 Def / 112 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Protect

244 HP / 152 Def / 112 SAtk is generally better imo.

In general, a good lead.

pkrs118.gif

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 Spd / 36 SAtk
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Screech

Sub is good on this.

Just wanted to try this out.

pkrs383.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

K

Good ol' DDtar. Gets Sandstorms going too.

pkrs348.gif

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Light Screen is kind of awkward. The idea of using it on the switch while they go to something special and then switching yourself to be benefited with LS is interesting.

I figured the team needed some more SDef, so I slapped on Screen.

pkfrlg082.png

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 204 Spd / 252 SAtk / 52 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Endure
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Endrev Mag is meh at best. You should check for Dugtrio when you first put this into play anyway. ._.

Endure is a fun surprise that beats Adamant Dugtrio with a Salac and this EV spread. Not sure about the rest of the EVs, though. Together with Dugtrio, beats Skarmbliss without much trouble.

pkfrlg051.png

Dugtrio (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk

Sleep Talk is just crap, because about everything will directly attack you instead. Dugtrio doesn't really have many options outside of the standard set.

Sleep Talk is just a random add-on since I'm not really in favour of Aerial Ace. Probably won't work, since almost every sleeper is either Grass or Milotic.

Fire away.

This SS team might as well have a T in it.

If you want, you can lead with Flygon and see if they have Skarm right from the start. That way you don't really need Fire Blast and have Sub / Toxic on it. It also gives you an option of removing Protect off Pert, as part of it's use is scouting HP Grass Zapdos / Giga Drain Gengar which are usually starters. You'll then have a problem with Explosion Gross, but you'll try to predict it and switch to Forry.

Also, you really need a special wall of sorts, as Swampert won't be taking special hits forever.

Last edited:

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
h e r a c r o s s

Stick AA over Sleep Talk on Duggy so only one pokemon has to die to hera and not 6

Kooscannon

i am sad because everyone hates me.

Making posts such as this won't help your case, I'm afraid. My advice to you? RUN! Run for the hills! The flamers! They come on dark steeds of cruelness! Flee for the refuge of the newbie Lounge!

Movvvving on. The team looks nice. If you really take the time to whittle yourself out an HPIce-knowing Dugtrio/Magneton (and, you know, raise and all) you shouldn't have too many problems. But I would definately steer clear of Sleep Talk. I mean, why would your opponent put you to sleep when, one, he probably knows you've got Sleep Talk and, two, he could just hit you with a super effective move (what "Milotic or Grass" Pomemon doesn't know a good Water/Grass type move?).

Other than that, you're set, as far as I can tell.

Edit: Okay, it's gone. Never mind, then.

leafgreen386

no troll
Duggy+Maggy seems kinda like overkill. You have NO special sweepers on this team, so why do you need to take out bliss, anyway? Toss Duggy imo and get something that can take a special hit. Without any way to recover besides lefties, Swampert/Flygon (depending on HP type) won't stand up to Zappy for long, although looking at your team, it almost seems as if your team is too offensive based for it to switch in much, anyway (barring Forretress, which has Light Screen, and Duggy after its killed something/they have a flyer).

I don't think that mag wil survive long even with Salac ._.
It's not meant to. It's meant to kill back duggy when duggy was supposed to kill it. Then get off another hit before dying. Even if duggy switches out afterward, you still get more use out of your maggy than you would've otherwise, although sadly, it's pretty much finished after that.

Last edited:

Infinity

Gone...
Levski, you're missing 200 EVs on your rate for Pert. 244 HP?

Duggy needs some Sp. Def EVs to take on IB from Bliss.

Swap Duggy for Claydol?

parasectdude

Wants name change
I do need something to take special hits, but I guess I overestimate Swampert. So I suppose I'll be using Claydol then.

Leafgreen386, Magneton is my special sweeper. It's surprisingly useful. Plus, Swampert can dish out a few as well.

EDIT: Actually, since I can use Claydol as my spinner, what shall I put over Rapid Spin on Forry?

Last edited:

[Kingdra]

Well you don't need SDef but, if you run Max Atk,334 Speed,Rest HP (Duggy) with Adamant you can take Blissey IB.

aquasuicune

EDIT: Actually, since I can use Claydol as my spinner, what shall I put over Rapid Spin on Forry?

Maybe earthquake? If you are up against stat-uppers, then you could also try counter. Just a suggestion...