• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 5th Project Mew Member Speculation

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I haven't seen a thread about this and the Character Speculation thread is still locked so...

We know The actual research team will eventually consist of five members with the most tokens. Asahi and Tsurugi are already in the team, with three more Chaser positions still remaining open.

So far we got

Tsurugi
Asahi
Gary
Goh

But who could be the last participant?

I don't think Ash counts as a Project Mew Participant?

If Ash doesn't count then who could it be?

Perhaps Hop or Bede? Or another CotD? Or maybe they could even be another returning character similar to Gary?

What do you guys think?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Almost definitely won't happen, but I'd like it if Tracey was the fifth member. It's been long enough that he deserves a second chance.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
It may end up being someone "secretly not secretly evil" - thinking along the lines of Butch and Cassidy in that Moltres episode with Ritchie and Ash's not-father. They could also go the avenue of where the director of Project Mew, along with Tsurugi and Asahi are secretly evil and are just using the project and innocent trainers to capture Mew.

D

Deleted member 384931

It may end up being someone "secretly not secretly evil" - thinking along the lines of Butch and Cassidy in that Moltres episode with Ritchie and Ash's not-father. They could also go the avenue of where the director of Project Mew, along with Tsurugi and Asahi are secretly evil and are just using the project and innocent trainers to capture Mew.
Which would be sooo predictable at this point

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
They need an idiot to make Goh look smart since Ash isn't part of the team.
They need someone to show off Lucario since Ash isn't part of the team.
There's a certain someone who meets those requirements...

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Honestly i’m not convinced ash won’t be there anyways as goh’s +1.

Decidueye23

Yes. The number 5 coincides with him for some reason.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Call me a pessimist (a realist), but I have a feeling they'll just rush Ash doing token trials off-screen just so they can have him tag along with Goh and play the goofy cheerleader like always.

Because so far, they just can't seem to leave him behind where screentime or narrative involving him can't be him doing something useful or engaging (outside of PWC episodes).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think they haven't figured out who the 5th truly is. My take is that they make it open, an ace up the sleeve of sorts, in case they need to promote a new game or something of the sort.

DeltaX28

They meant more beyond the second one.

Which is a given, but the question is "what exactly do those have any direct relevance about Mew at all?"
Mew holds the gene of every Pokémon. The members of Project Mew, Chasers, attempts to find it. I'm thinking we'll be seeing a second Trial Mission later on in the episodes. Maybe they'll go back and forth with the World Coronation in another few episodes and Trial Missions will appear after another few episodes.