• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The $640,000 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twentington

Outta here!
...And with that, we can send another two games to the graveyard of Games That Nobody Cared About. (self-deprecation, folks)

I'm only adding one game right now; but in a week or two, I think I'm gonna try Match Game. For now, though...

This game is actually pretty simple; answering questions on a subject of your choice, as long as the subject's not too vague (Sports is probably too vague. A subject like Baseball is fine, but a subject like Pricing Games on The Price is Right has too little content for us, yes, us to draw on).

Once your subject is in place, we start answering questions. Every question right moves you up the money ladder:

$640 - Multiple Choice (2 options)
$1,280 - Same (3 options)
$2,560 - Same as last question (player guaranteed this much money if answered correctly)
$5,120 - Last Multiple Choice (4 options)
$10,000 - Open-ended (one part)
$20,000 - Open-ended (two parts)
$40,000 - Open-ended (three parts) (any incorrect answer past this question leaves the player with a new car)
$80,000 - Open-ended (three parts)
$160,000 - Open-ended (four parts)
$320,000 - Open-ended (five parts)
$640,000 - Open-ended (six parts, with a seventh part in reserve)

You can only leave between questions; not during a question.

FTR, any wrong answer up to the $2,560 level leaves you with $320.

Also, you've probably noticed that I said we. Okay, I'll be honest, there's only so many subjects I can write 11 questions in a row on. So I've decided for this game to ask for some help with question writing. I have Destroyer39 signed up for writing already, but I could use a bit more help. Contact me by PM if you're interested; you'll be credited as a co-owner of the thread.

CO-OWNERS:
Destroyer39

Anyhow, I need ONE person; when you sign up, please mention the subject you'd like to answer questions on.

WAITING LIST:
ReshiZekyurem (Smash Bros., playing for $160,000)
Janice Quatlane (Professor Layton)

Last edited:

Twentington

Outta here!
I don't think either is too vague. But can you choose just one category, please?

Twentington

Outta here!
*drumroll*

This is clarkey_2000. In a moment, he'll begin the climb that starts at $640 and ends up with a chance to win $640,000 and beyond! Today on...

*drumroll stops*

THE
$640,000
QUESTION
'

*fanfare as I walk down the stairs on-set*

And now, here's the man with the cash and the questions, Doctor Who!

*applause*

Thank you! Welcome to the $640,000 Question! Now this game isn't like other games on TV. You won't be answering grade-level questions, or reveal embarrassing facts about your life. All you need to be successful here is a bit of knowledge and a lot of nerve to win a lot of money!

And with that, we've already selected our first contestant, so Randy West, why don't you introduce them?

*theme plays as Clarkey enters the set*

Answering questions on the sport of soccer, please welcome to the show Clarkey_2000!

*applause*

Clarkey, welcome to the game. We're gonna take a moment to get to know you before we start, so please tell us a bit about yourself, what $640,000 would do for you, and why you went with Soccer as your subject.

clarkey_2000

well you may know me as clarkey_2000 and i like pokemon and other video games i work as an official underage drinker for scientists (<--- this isn't really real!). i went with soccer because i thought i could awnser a few correct questions on it and $640,000 could buy me a new watch and a *cough* servant *cough* personal assitant

Last edited:

Twentington

Outta here!
Well, let's not waste any more time, let's get right into the game!

*Fanfare as we walk over to the lecterns*

Alright, these first four questions are multiple choice, and this first one is worth $640. Any wrong answer up to $40,000 leaves you with just $320 and a trip back home. With that said, question 1...

Brazil or Italy - Which country has won more World Cups?

Twentington

Outta here!
Of course it is!

*counts out $640 in cash on the podium* Now you could stop, or you could go for the $1,280 question. It's your choice.

Twentington

Outta here!
Here it is then...

In men's competitions in the Olympics, which of these countries has won the most gold medals?
A. Argentina
B. Poland
C. Great Britain

Twentington

Outta here!
(beat)

No, you don't. It was Great Britain. Argentina has more medals overall, but Great Britain has three golds over Argentina's two. You drop down to $320. You may have lost on question 2, but did you still have fun?

Twentington

Outta here!
And we'd like to thank you for coming out to be our first contestant! Clarkey_2000, everyone.

*applause as he leaves the set*

And we'll take a quick break and come back with another contestant!

*commercial fanfare, fade to black*

(and that's how it works, folks. Anyone want to play now? Make sure you give your subject when you sign up.)

Twentington

Outta here!
I'll PM you in a few, we'll discuss the details there.

Anyways, anyone want to play?

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Il play! Topic: Video Games please!

Twentington

Outta here!
(Back From Commercial cue)

And welcome back to the show. We've got another contestant ready, so Randy, you know what to do...

(fanfare as VioiV walks down the stairs)

Yes, I do, Doctor. Answering questions on the topic of Video Games, our next contestant is VioiV!

(applause)

Welcome to the game, VioiV. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself, what you'd do with the money, and why you went with Video Games as your specialty subject?

Last edited:

VioiV

I Am Zora!
Hi there! Obviously my name is VioiV, im new around these parts, and I chose video games, as its the only topic I would actually probably have a chance with :)!

And id buy a nice holiday for one with the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.