• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
So... the Abyssal Ruins.

This locale, accessed by Dive in four specific spots in Undella Bay, is a labyrinth filled with ancient relics and artifacts dating back to over 3,000 years ago. Traversing this underwater location requires swiftness--for something forces you back to the surface after spending too much time in the ruins' passageways--as well as intuition and much foresight, so as to see what key items and abilities one must possess to unlock deeper floors in the ruins. In the deepest chamber, there is a room containing nothing but a crown--implying that it is perhaps a throne room, and that the ruins are the remains of an ancient sunken palace, castle, or kingdom.

Written on the walls and pillars within these ruins are various stanzas of ancient text that must be deciphered by the player.

(After traversing through the ruins and obtaining every artifact, I did not have the energy or patience to try deciphering this text. I found a translation of the Japanese text and decided to just read that instead.)

When put all together into a complete scripture, the text reads:

The Text in the Abyssal Ruins said:
Listen to King's words.
Primes lead to truth.
King is brave.
King never loses hope.
King is kind.
King has a dream.
King is adventurous.
King accepts all.
King turns 2nd corner.
King turns 3rd corner.
King turns 5th corner.
King turns 7th corner.
Have the heart of King.
Here we praise King.
King's light shines.
King moves his people.
King acts with love.
King fought hatred.
No king gets lost.
Go on, brave king.

Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.

King talks to all beings.
Saved all from waves.
King is hope for all.
Think act with love.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

The final stanza contains four symbols (marked as the 3, 4, 5, and 6) that are not recognizable or translatable, indicating that these symbols perhaps denote the names of people or Pokemon. Various theories exist for which symbols mean what, if this text is a legend or a prophecy, and what significance it plays in conjunction with the current popular Unova legends, as well as in a future incarnate of Black and White (that is, Grey).

What do you make of all of this?
Is this text speaking of events that happened 3,000 years before the events of Black and White? Is this text foretelling of events that, 3,000 years ago, had not yet come to pass? Or neither? And what relation might these ruins have to the Dragonspiral Tower that lies north of Icirrus City, or to the Relic Castle, buried in the sands of the Resort Desert?

------------------------------------

In addition, this thread may also be used to discuss other Unova Legends, such as the myth concerning the twin brothers and Zekrom and Reshiram. Icirrus City is a big location for myths, as the Dragonspiral Tower, one of the oldest standing structures in Unova, looms over the city. However, various myths are found in other areas as well. Discuss each legend and how they all connect to form Unova's ancient history here!

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!
WHY? WHY IS IT NOT 1, 2, 3, 4?

Just needed to know.

Also, How 'bout them brothers?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Pokemon grey is going to involve the 3 genies, as well as Reshiram and Zekrom. That makes the 5 the being called upon. I think this is hinting the Sequel to black and white.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
The Abyssal Ruins are also in World of Warcraft. :)

EDIT: Nope, the Abysal Depths are in WoW, not any ruins.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm surprised that people managed to translate the text from the Abyssal Ruins. I know that it happened a long time ago, but I'm still surprised that they did it quickly. Anyway, I don't really get what the translation is saying, but that's probably because some parts seem to be missing. If I knew what those numbers represented, I bet it would make things a little more clear. For now, my favorite myth is the Kyurem myth told in Lacunosa Town.

Palkiacatcher

TSS Member
Man that's sick.

I almost went crazy when I found out you could dive in this game!

But was disappointed that you could only do it in one area of the game.

But went crazy again when I actually dove!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
just a bit of additions

Listen to King's words.
Primes lead to truth.
King is brave.
King never loses hope.
King is kind.
King has a dream.
King is adventurous.
King accepts all.
King turns 2nd corner.
King turns 3rd corner.
King turns 5th corner.
King turns 7th corner.
Have the heart of King.
Here we praise King.
King's light shines.
King moves his people.
King acts with love.
King fought hatred.
No king gets lost. <- the words that will appear on the 1st floor's middle pillar if you took more than 190 steps to reach the middle pillar.
Go on, brave king. <- the words that will appear on the 1st floor's middle pillar if you took less than 190 steps to reach the middle pillar. If you get this words, you will be granted access to the 2nd floor.

Life is gratitude.
Eating is receiving life.
Good or evil isn't all.
Do not be barbaric.
One must not waste.
All is precious.
Wars create tears.
Shine if agreed. <- the words that appears on the pillar on 2nd floor that allows access to the 3rd floor, this words refer to the move Flash you must use to unlock the path to the 3rd floor.

King talks to all beings.
Saved all from waves.
King is hope for all.
Think act with love.
Act strong if agreed. <- the words that appears on the pillar on 3rd floor that allows access to the 4th floor, this words refer to the move Strength you must use to unlock the path to the 4th floor.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I made it to the bottom and got the crown by luck. Too bad I spent all the money on TM's and items...But I looked at a map on the internet to get all the items I didn't collect.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
That was actually quite interesting to read, I eagerly await the next instalment that expands on these myths and legends

srullic

I heard that in the last text the untranslatable symbols are switched between each version. That might indicate that they are talking about version exclusive pokemon (resh and zek oviously).
I'll be really disappointed if they do nothing with this in the 3rd version. Mabye you need to go to Undella before E4 and explore the ruins? (kyurem is in giant chasm, which is in northeast unova, so we might need to go there anyway)
Also the crown you get in the last room looks like the crown you see when Ghetsis crowns N.
And it's annoying that you can't translate the text there. I loved reading unown script. I wonder how the japanese mamaged to translate it.

Kameinu

Arooo!
I've lurked around the Bulbagarden thread. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/underwater-ruins-deciphered-86617/ They have some very interesting theories going around.

I personally view this writings as a prophecy. Mostly one that fortells the events in the game, but maybe also fortold for the absolute ending for the war of the brothers/their sons.

What I find most interesting, and what let me to consider this prophecy to link to the old war is this.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

Zekrom and Reshiram are 3 and 4, interchangeable in the game. And 6 is believed by some to be Kyurem, since 5 would be Landorous if we go by dex order.

King deafeats Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem, but in the process the other dragon (and it's human partner hero brother/cousin) joins King.

If I continue on with this theory, "Primes lead to Truth" would make me think Reshiram and it's human joined King, thus King and Kyurem defeat Zekrom.

But that's just crazy theories and may very well be wrong. xD

Looking forward to seeing this discussed further here.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
I heard that in the last text the untranslatable symbols are switched between each version. That might indicate that they are talking about version exclusive pokemon (resh and zek oviously).

Or, possibly, Tornadus and Thundurus.

srullic said:
And it's annoying that you can't translate the text there. I loved reading unown script. I wonder how the japanese mamaged to translate it.

Me too. :/ It apparently was translated within a week of the game being released.

I've lurked around the Bulbagarden thread. http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/underwater-ruins-deciphered-86617/ They have some very interesting theories going around.

I personally view this writings as a prophecy. Mostly one that fortells the events in the game, but maybe also fortold for the absolute ending for the war of the brothers/their sons.

This is what I'm thinking, that it's a prophecy, not so much a legend (unless history is repeating itself).

Kameinu said:
What I find most interesting, and what let me to consider this prophecy to link to the old war is this.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

Zekrom and Reshiram are 3 and 4, interchangeable in the game. And 6 is believed by some to be Kyurem, since 5 would be Landorous if we go by dex order.

King deafeats Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem, but in the process the other dragon (and it's human partner hero brother/cousin) joins King.

If I continue on with this theory, "Primes lead to Truth" would make me think Reshiram and it's human joined King, thus King and Kyurem defeat Zekrom.

But then, if 6 is Kyurem, wouldn't that mean that Kyurem is king, and that it defeated one Dragon and was joined by the other?

I think King is a person, and that 6 could also be a name... not of a Pokemon, but of a person. Possibly the player? 3 would be Reshiram in White and Zekrom in Black, while 4 would be Reshiram in Black and Zekrom in White. I have no clue what 5 can be, it sounds like it's a plural word, and it has to be relating to Pokemon or something else that doesn't have an English counterpart. So maybe... it's relating to a specific group of Legendaries? The Dragon trio? Pokemon in general?

From looking at that I think the king refers to the player as the door to the second floor says "Go on Brave king" if you get there in time, of course you can then "go on" up to the second floor therefore implying that your are the king.

If it is the crown put on N then perhaps it was a place to store the crown and test N or ther person to replace him to see if they are worthy? Makes no sense if it is N since he would already have the crown.

In all honesty I just thought it was a temple that sunk thousands of years ago and the goods inside were the treasures the civilisation left behind. Seems simple enough, temples are known in media and myth to have booby traps, the torrent could just be one of those. The people who left it could have caused it to sink and set the torrent to make sure a worthy person got the treasure.

When I first went in I thought there was a big Pokemon at the bottom/top due to the rumbling but as i'd already pretty much memorised the 5th gen dex I couldn't think what one it could be, then I was flushed out.

I do love the money we get from the items though =D That'll keep me going for a while.

Another thought - Possible Keldeo location in later events/games? It is part water.

Unless we already know how to get Keldeo when it comes around.

Also the plates presence makes me think perhaps something to do with Arceus?
But really where are you supposed to get the plates if they're not in some obscure temple under the sea?

GalladeX

pkmnbw

Those are the four symbols corresponding to 3/4/5/6.

I actually had this theory a while back...it crosses into anime territory but why not?:

Let's be crazy and say the Ruins are part of the Michina Ruins.

King defeated ③ alone.
④ joined King in a day.
King called ⑤ beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King ⑥.

3 bears some resemblance to a comet (the circles are the core and the two lines are the tail) like the ones Arceus destroyed to save Michina.

In all seriousness, 4 looks like breasts. Breasts = human. Human = Damos. Damos joined Arceus so they could give life back to Michina.

Two possibilities for number 5:
  • 1. The King could reference Marcus, and the fish-shape could represent the Pokemon and the silver water he used to kill Arceus, with the little hook shape being the Thunderbolt.
  • 2. The King is Arceus. The fish could simply reference Pisces, as in the duo of Dialga and Palkia, and the hook could reference Giratina's claw.
(I think number 2 is more likely)

6 could mean anything, such as Arceus himself. However, it also looks like Marcus's headband.

And before all that stuff, we have lines about 'receiving life' and such.

It isn't very likely, but...yeah. New Arceus event, anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.