• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Abyssal Ruins (and other Ancient Legends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
But what else could possibly be located at the Abyssal Ruins? It doesn't seem likely that this would be location for the remaining legendaries.
A whole lot of brand-new water-logged Unown! Phht!

Of the Unova legends, the only ones not given a location were Meloetta (unlikely, considering a hacked Meloetta has already triggered that event) Keldeo (see Meloetta, but most likely considering that an ancient people being swamped with water would consider it the "End of the world"), and Genesect (who's probably tied to Route 117)

Yes, but there's obviously been a lot of work put into the ruins, and it seems to be an important place. They're not just going to give focus to an old legendary. The birds roamed, the dogs were events, as were the Eon Twins.
In at least one remake, And I don't recall which, but all three of those had at least one PKMN roaming. And as was said HG/SS had the Weather Trio Tower as well.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be a much epicer game if the Unova capstone game, or a re-make thereof was set in the past, with the player as the "King".

BCVM22

Of the Unova legends, the only ones not given a location were Meloetta (unlikely, considering a hacked Meloetta has already triggered that event) Keldeo (see Meloetta, but most likely considering that an ancient people being swamped with water would consider it the "End of the world"), and Genesect (who's probably tied to Route 117)

None of them have in-game locations because none of them are found in game. They're all direct-receipt in their events.

Meloetta's event activates when you bring it to the Café Sonata in Castelia City.

Keldeo's event activates when you bring it and the three other musketeers to the Moor of Icirrus.

Genesect's event activates when you bring it to the P2 Laboratory on Route 17.

the more I think it would be a much epicer game if the Unova capstone game, or a re-make thereof was set in the past, with the player as the "King".

The chances of this being done are... minimal, at best.

myriada

So what's with the untranslated symbols being marked 3-6 instead of 1-4? I've seen it related to the Pokedex numbers of the three dragons and Landorus, but was that the only reason those numbers were chosen?
I think it's actually because of the "5th" and "7th" corners the king turns. The numbers 5 and 7 are the first two "untranslated" symbols because both are "symbol" followed by "th" (unlike 2nd and 3rd, which have unique endings and can be easily distinguished from that fact). We know one is 5 and one is 7 from the way the corners are on the later floors, but which symbol is which number isn't known.

So those two take up the first two "untranslated" marks, even though we technically know what they are (just not which is which), and the remaining 4 are numbered 3-6. The numbers were not selected based on Pokedex numbers and the symbols' relations to the Pokemon with those numbers is only speculation at this point.
In the actual game data, they are represented with simply ③, ④, ⑤ and ⑥. So only Game Freak would be able to answer why. :/
(ENOLA③DETAEFEDGNIK YADANIGNIKDENIOJ④ SGNIEB⑤DELLACGNIK ERUTUFDNAEPOHSIGNIK ⑥GNIKTAERGEHT)
The corner numbers are however, encoded as ordinary 2,3,5 and 7, so whoever popularised the symbols ③④⑤⑥ would know the corner numbers are 2357. (RENROCDN2SNRUTGNIK RENROCDR3SNRUTGNIK RENROCHT5SNRUTGNIK RENROCHT7SNRUTGNIK)

pkmnbw

Those are the four symbols corresponding to 3/4/5/6.

I actually had this theory a while back...it crosses into anime territory but why not?:

Let's be crazy and say the Ruins are part of the Michina Ruins.

3 bears some resemblance to a comet (the circles are the core and the two lines are the tail) like the ones Arceus destroyed to save Michina.

In all seriousness, 4 looks like breasts. Breasts = human. Human = Damos. Damos joined Arceus so they could give life back to Michina.

Two possibilities for number 5:
  • 1. The King could reference Marcus, and the fish-shape could represent the Pokemon and the silver water he used to kill Arceus, with the little hook shape being the Thunderbolt.
  • 2. The King is Arceus. The fish could simply reference Pisces, as in the duo of Dialga and Palkia, and the hook could reference Giratina's claw.
(I think number 2 is more likely)

6 could mean anything, such as Arceus himself. However, it also looks like Marcus's headband.

And before all that stuff, we have lines about 'receiving life' and such.

It isn't very likely, but...yeah. New Arceus event, anyone?
So....

King defeated comet alone.
Breast joined King in a day.
King called Marcus beings.
King is hope and future.
The great King Arceus.

I definitely botched up the second line somehow...

I was thinking about the game and i remembered something( please correct me if i'm wrong)

N found his legendary dragon at the Dragonspirall Tower

i don't remember who said, but someone said that they found clues about the orb that would give the player a chance to capture it's legendary dragon at the Relic Castle

finally, i have a theory that maybe the Abyssal Ruins was connected with the third legendary dragon( Kyurem), and after the event that made the ruins sunk, kyurem went to the Giant Chasm, so he could stay there, and come to think, the Giant Chasm is close to the Abyssal Ruins

Kameinu

Arooo!
All three are connected somehow. The two dragons being found at Relic and Spiral, and that crown that resembles N's over at Abyssal, plus the exchangeable characters between versions in the Abyssal writtings.

So far I'm sticking with those writtings telling the final outcome of the second Unovian war.

It makes sense for such a king to have brought forth an era of peace after one of such destruction as the second war apparently brought.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
None of them have in-game locations because none of them are found in game. They're all direct-receipt in their events.

Meloetta's event activates when you bring it to the Café Sonata in Castelia City.

Keldeo's event activates when you bring it and the three other musketeers to the Moor of Icirrus.

Genesect's event activates when you bring it to the P2 Laboratory on Route 17.

The chances of this being done are... minimal, at best.

I know, but a boy can dream, can't he?

Anyway, yes yes, I had forgotten where keldeo went, but even as direct recieve Pokemon, they have some place to "ground" to, we don't have anyone unnaccounted for, was my point, so to put someone known in the Ruins, would mean changing up the original location. Not new territory neccesarily, but in the capstone games, all of the locations were at the very least still used. the Sky Pillar was easier to traverse, Giratine could still get to Turnback, etc. The only other option I see outside of the national Dex (and don't forget too this is Nat Dex side of Unova) is that the ruins will be a place to get ahold of the "Other" Dragon('s stone?), whichever one N doesn't have.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Well... I'm still believing that the Abyssal Ruins will house either a rare Hoenn Legendary or rare Sinnoh legendary

Why Sinnoh?
Well... Cynthia like to chill in Undella town so I just thought >.> Steeven in HGSS did actually give you something, so why not Cynthia? (I know that isn't a good reason but it would be nice :))

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Well... I'm still believing that the Abyssal Ruins will house either a rare Hoenn Legendary or rare Sinnoh legendary

Why Sinnoh?
Well... Cynthia like to chill in Undella town so I just thought >.> Steeven in HGSS did actually give you something, so why not Cynthia? (I know that isn't a good reason but it would be nice :))

Agreed, a Hoenn legendary would promote the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire but a sinnoh legendary is nice too.

PokeMaster366

Personally, imo, it would make sense to put Mew in there. It' the second oldest pokemon in the world and the ancestor to all pokemon! It makes some sense.

It's obvious that a pokemon will be put in there, one that is very old, not obtainabe easily in the last two generations, and makes reference to a possible future game or the myth of the Abyssal Ruins.

Hell. Maybe even Jirachi (probably the most desirable legendary to put there i guess)

Why not Manaphy since the place is underwater?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Maybe N used to live there (Or maybe not) as the weird language describes a king

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Maybe N used to live there (Or maybe not) as the weird language describes a king

The text has been there for centuries. And N has been king for...a few years?

There is no logic in your statement.

takbir10

Banned
I think there is going to be some sort of event with the underwater temple place, at first i thought manaphy was there

Kameinu

Arooo!
I still cannot see how this place is related to any non Unova Legendary that isn't Arceus for the obvious reason.

Landorus, Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram fit far more than any of the ones being mentioned.

And just because the temple is underwater now doesn't mean it was dedicated to a water type when it was above water.

Glover

Pain in Rocket side
I still cannot see how this place is related to any non Unova Legendary that isn't Arceus for the obvious reason.

Landorus, Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram fit far more than any of the ones being mentioned.

And just because the temple is underwater now doesn't mean it was dedicated to a water type when it was above water.

No, but odds are good that it's a water temple, becvause when it was on the surface, at the best it was on the tip of a jutty. Secondly, all of the dragons have a location already. Resh/Zek hve the Tower and the Relic Castle, Lanorus, is just a filler Legendary, and Kyruem is already on the East Side of Unova. Also, what are the odds the ruins will rise in the cap game?

Status
Not open for further replies.