• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
The LC Tour sign ups will close tomorrow at 12:00 p.m PST (GMT -7) if need be we will move forward with 6 participants so try to sign up as we have 2 spots left. The wizard cup is on hold for now until further notice, I will approach a guild today about an upcoming clan war so everybody begin prep :) war team try outs are still being held, we have 2 new spots open so please pm me to set up a test, I am currently free all day so please tryout thank you.

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Well im looking forward to the upcoming guild war evenif i will not be in it to busy ev training i know we can win thats my thoughts on the upcoming war

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So, we'll be Battling The Sinjoh Connection next?

Good luck to all War Team Members!

Hum, you're still looking for Subs, right?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
So, we'll be Battling The Sinjoh Connection next?

Good luck to all War Team Members!

Hum, you're still looking for Subs, right?

Yes I am still looking for more war team members :) Also the war team main squad will be a mix of subs And main members as we need active ppl to battle so they'll be on the main squad. The LC your is live with 6 members so I will post match ups later today, please get your battles done within the allowed time. The shop is coming along nicely I will be adding new Pokemon and items to the shop!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Regarding the LC Tour, Yanma was banned alongside Tangela, so you might want to add that in.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Regarding the LC Tour, Yanma was banned alongside Tangela, so you might want to add that in.

i will update it soon and as well as the matches will begin no later then 12:00 pm PST (GMT - 7), also the shop seems to be coming along nicely so if there are more donations please let me know and we can push for an early open. Reminder the CCAT is still needing submisions on 3rd pokemon For our squad so please get them in, as well as a move set for garchomp!

10+10+10=30
30/3=10
Score Needed: 7
Result: qualified for the War Team, congrats on making the team =).

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
i will update it soon and as well as the matches will begin no later then 12:00 pm PST (GMT - 7), also the shop seems to be coming along nicely so if there are more donations please let me know and we can push for an early open. Reminder the CCAT is still needing submisions on 3rd pokemon For our squad so please get them in, as well as a move set for garchomp!

10+10+10=30
30/3=10
Score Needed: 7
Result: qualified for the War Team, congrats on making the team =).

Alright, yup, thanks :D
They were good Battles.

Anyway...
Yeah, the Garchomp I used, seems to work pretty well, so I'll just post it's set here, if you don't mind.

Garchomp@Garchompite
Rough Skin
Jolly
EVs: Att: 252, Spe: 252, HP: 4
Earthquake
Dragon Claw (yeah, with Fairy Sponges and Steels increasing in usage, I found this a safer option than Outrage)
Stone Edge
Iron Head/Aqua Tail (Yeah, going to need some explanation here, Iron Tail... Well, it's essentially to take out Fairies, Ices which take neutal Damage from Stone Edge, alongside gicing some strange coverage options, and Aqua Tail is to, well, provide Water Coverage if it's needed, which does happen. Rarely)

So, um, yeah, if anybody has counterarguments, yeah :p

I have Poison jab as my fairy coverage on mine, as well as fire fang. Iron head probably would work better, but I got a 5 IV Jolly one off GTS and it didn't have egg moves. I like dragon claw as opposed to outrage so I don't get locked in on a fairy switch in. I also went Choice Band instead of Garchompite. The increase in attack from Garchompite is nice, but I don't like the loss in Speed

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Yeah we've been thinking of saving a mega evolution for another Pokemon on our squad, so I guess we could use the item selected of choice band but the move set provided by dirkac Is nice and I would only change stealth rock to fire fang for more co stage as its more accurate then stone edge but its just me. So if anyone wishes to vote on that set and swap moves and the items please voice your opinion, every last one counts so don't be afraid to speak up!

Charbdawg

Hey guys, sorry to say I'm going to be leaving this guild. It isn't active enough for me to catch up to how I used to play. Nice meeting you all. :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
LC Tour
username: dirkac
opponents username: akaFila
your division/rank: Arcanum Learner
opponents division/rank: Arcanum Learner
Game 1: Loss (Forfeit)
Game 2: Loss
Game 3: ---
Notes: First Battle was Forfeited because I broke the rule of no Berry Juice.

Also, regarding that set I posted, it had Dual Chop, not Dragon Claw, Dual Chop is much better in almost any situation anyway (except Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Rocky Helmet).

akaFila

#2L2Q
LC Tour~
Username: akaFila
Opponents username: Dirkac
Your division/rank: Arcanum - Learner
Opponents division/rank: Arcanum - Learner
Game 1: W - By forfeit(Item Mistake)
Game 2: W
Notes: Good games. Sorry about G1, but G2 made up for it. 1-0 final score with 1% HP remaining.

Tome Updates:
- Accumulated: 115 Tomes
- Beat an equal ranked member: 15 Spell tomes

Overall To Be Updated:
+130 Tomes
(207 Tomes total after update)

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hey guys, sorry to say I'm going to be leaving this guild. It isn't active enough for me to catch up to how I used to play. Nice meeting you all. :)

No worries, like I said we have many young ppl Nd many time zones it's hard to have everyone at once, but I'm okay with it as far activity in the guild goes. Sorry to see you go though, good luck in your future battles and take care :)

Please remember all tournament result posts must be posted in the tourney thread. I will update tournament results today, garchomp shall be added to our ccat so now it is time to pick our 3rd member. I vote for lucario as our next as his metal/fighting type is perfect to withstand sandstorms side effect. Feel free to submit any other Pokemon you wish to see on the ccat, we will look and talk about each one. :)

Lucario @lucarionite
Jolly
Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
-earthquake
-crunch
-close combat
-extreme speed

This is the move set I run on my lucario and not once has extreme speed let me down. Earthquake is strong against pesky annoyances and close combat is my favorite powerful move. Crunch is there for type coverage and with the slap of lucarionite on him it's a real powerful poke for our squad .

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I like the idea of Mega Lucario, but I'd suggest a special moveset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Vacuum Wave(Prio) or Dark Pulse(Coverage)

This seems well, although the Mega Lucario I had ran either Dragon Pulse or Dark Pulse over Aura Sphere, while retaining Vacuum Wave regardless.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
Sorry I haven't been active on the guild much as of late, or even Serebii at all. As for the garchomp set it looks fine, I do agree with using it choice banded to break certain walls although personally I'd go with Aqua Tail so you have something for Gliscor. For the mega Lucario a special set would be nice although I would have Dark Pulse as a standard while having Vacuum Wave be interchangable with Aura Sphere since it'd be a bit redundant to have 2 fighting moves. Plus that way you'd also have a way to hit Aegislash who resists steel and is immune to fighting.

Last edited:

akaFila

#2L2Q
Username: akaFila
Opponent: Ivysnake
My Division/Rank: Arcanum - Student
Opponent's Division/Rank: Mage - Learner
Game 1: W - 4/0 or 3/0 (WiFi)
Notes: Good Game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tome Updates:
-Beat a lower ranked member: 15 Spell Tomes
-WiFi League Badges Earned: x4(20 Tomes per) / 80 Spell Tomes

To be Updated: 95 Spell Tomes

Total After Update: 302 Spell Tomes

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
Username: Imma Agito
Opponent: kamoarc119
My Division/Rank: Arcanum - Student
Opponent's Division/Rank: Headmaster
Game 1: W
Game 2: W

Also before I left the Steel E4 position in the wifi league I had 10 badges in addition to beating the Psychic E4 so at 20 tomes per badge I guess that adds up to around 220 tomes? Unless the E4 win doesn't count toward the badge score.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Great battles indeed, also if you got those badges after joining the academy then they will count toward tomes, sorry for the confusion. And a special lucario sounds great, I looked up the stats and its 5 difference between Spa and Atk so let's push on with that and it's move sets :) also new Pokemon shall added to the guild shop, thanks to awesome ppl I can breed 5 iv eevees for who ever requests in the shop :). Since iron spider hasent been on I decided to give the win to imma agito for the LC tour, so please refer to the tourney thread for match ups, thank you.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Also, for the CCAT, I kinda ran this Gastrodon, which is actually very good, and runs well.

Gastrodon@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EV Spread: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Toxic
Recover
Clear Smog
Infestation
Yeah, no STAB, but it's not needed anyway, as the point here is to whittle down with Toxic and Infestation while making it impossible for them to switch. Clear Smog is to get rid of boosts or Baton Pass Chains, and Recover is for fast Healing if needed.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.