• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
That sounds pretty interesting for the sand team a hazard remover that's bulky, nice we will definitely look at that after lucario is all done :) which I think we might have to go with Special luc, do ill try and take the best love sets and merge them into one being bwahagaha lol then we shall move forward, Dirac has provided a gastrodim as 4th poke on our chat, so please feel free to submit more Pokemon you want to see on the team!

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Username: Professor dragonexpert
Reason for joining: I want to share my knowledge with other players that are competitive.
Division: Mage
Recruiter: None
WiFi FC and or PS Name: At this time I only do Wi-Fi. FC: 1778-9489-4489
Jobs: (if you want to be a professor at the academy) Professor
Battle experience (1/10): 8. I've been a competitive battler for many years.
Some of my top achievements are 77th in 2012 Winter Friendly Competition on Global Link Masters Division. I was in top 500 for triples season 1 of Rated Battles until I wanted to try out a new Pokemon and it didn't work out.
Multiple top 50 on Ubers leaderboard back in fourth generation.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Username: Professor dragonexpert
Reason for joining: I want to share my knowledge with other players that are competitive.
Division: Mage
Recruiter: None
WiFi FC and or PS Name: At this time I only do Wi-Fi. FC: 1778-9489-4489
Jobs: (if you want to be a professor at the academy) Professor
Battle experience (1/10): 8. I've been a competitive battler for many years.
Some of my top achievements are 77th in 2012 Winter Friendly Competition on Global Link Masters Division. I was in top 500 for triples season 1 of Rated Battles until I wanted to try out a new Pokemon and it didn't work out.
Multiple top 50 on Ubers leaderboard back in fourth generation.

Accepted, welcome to the guild, please enjoy your time here. Your division leader will add you to the list as soon as he is on, also we are currently working on a CCAT so welcome and have fun.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Vacuum wave
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse

What do you guys thinking this set? Combined from the all the submissions so far?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
My main concern with this special based set is the power of moves. Vacuum Wave is quite weak at 60 power after STAB. Realistically I'm not able to think of a lot of Pokemon that Dark Pulse is going to help you more than Aura Sphere. I'd really say that is the better option. The main thing I can think of that you lose to is Chandelure.

Also I'm not sure where to post this, but I do have multiple Machop bred that have ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, and Fire Punch and are Adamant nature. I can donate these to the shop.

Last edited:

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
Also, for the CCAT, I kinda ran this Gastrodon, which is actually very good, and runs well.

Gastrodon@Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EV Spread: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Toxic
Recover
Clear Smog
Infestation
Yeah, no STAB, but it's not needed anyway, as the point here is to whittle down with Toxic and Infestation while making it impossible for them to switch. Clear Smog is to get rid of boosts or Baton Pass Chains, and Recover is for fast Healing if needed.

:p

The Gastrodon set is nice but my main concern is that we have a bit of a steel type weakness on this team so far. More specifically Scarf-Genesect, which is running wild all over OU. It outspeeds everything we have so far and can hit for super effective dmg with moves like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, U-turn, etc. Also, Aegislash with air balloon can wall Band Garchomp with King's shield, DESTROYS TTar with Sacred Sword, and in shield mode only takes 35-42% dmg from Unboosted Mega Luc Dark Pulse and can retaliate with sacred sword and OHKO.

Our immediate concern should be finding a way to deal with these threats. I would recommend either a really speedy pokemon with a fire attack or something really bulky with a fire attack. Nothing comes to mind for me at this moment but I will highly advise against Heatran unless he replaces Lucario, so that way we won't have 3 pokemon weak to ground and fighting.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Accepted, welcome to the guild, please enjoy your time here. Your division leader will add you to the list as soon as he is on, also we are currently working on a CCAT so welcome and have fun.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Vacuum wave
-Flash Cannon
-Dark Pulse

What do you guys thinking this set? Combined from the all the submissions so far?

That seems well.

The Gastrodon set is nice but my main concern is that we have a bit of a steel type weakness on this team so far. More specifically Scarf-Genesect, which is running wild all over OU. It outspeeds everything we have so far and can hit for super effective dmg with moves like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, U-turn, etc. Also, Aegislash with air balloon can wall Band Garchomp with King's shield, DESTROYS TTar with Sacred Sword, and in shield mode only takes 35-42% dmg from Unboosted Mega Luc Dark Pulse and can retaliate with sacred sword and OHKO.

Our immediate concern should be finding a way to deal with these threats. I would recommend either a really speedy pokemon with a fire attack or something really bulky with a fire attack. Nothing comes to mind for me at this moment but I will highly advise against Heatran unless he replaces Lucario, so that way we won't have 3 pokemon weak to ground and fighting.

Yeah, I know, it was just something thrown out there, and yeah, Genesect is a large threat, although it's countered relatively well by itself, so perhaps we should use one, too, albeit that would be very luck based, considering there'd be only a 50% chance of it working against Scarf if we Scarf, and not we're not going to have any chance regarding that.

The only immediate things I can think of are Genesect and Heatran, I'll look into it later and run the CCAT and see what's needed.

Also, kamo, you forgot to edit me into the War Team.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Genesect is big steel which means 4x fire weakness but I think a SD talonflame can handle it? Not really had a chance to test that out but it's a powerful poke I was considering to add, I can see aigeslaah and Genesect being a problem but like imma agito pointed out the threats we should really concentrate on them. If everyone likes a heatran over lucario I don't see a problem having 6-8 pokes ready to switch in like subs and see which ones work best. It's best to cover all basis so if anyone else wishes to comment please feel free to do so :)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
username: Professor dragonexpert
opponents username: akaFila
your division/rank: Mage / Learner
opponents division/rank: Arcanum / Student
Game 1: (W/L) W

We only did one game.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Username:Rairyan
Reason for joining: just felt like joining
Division: any i don't mind
Recruiter:
WiFi FC and or PS Name: in sig, rairyan x
Jobs: (if you want to be a professor at the academy)
Battle experience (1/10): 10/10

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Recruiter:

Welcome to the academy my friend, please make yourself comfortable. We are currently in a CCAT though stuck because of the darn genesects, but welcome ill add you to my division shortly.

Also I will be approaching another guild today about a guild war until TSC is ready, also the the wizard cup will return in 2 days! If you are unfamiliar with the cup please head on over to the tourney thread and read rules on the cup. You don't have to sign up for the wiz cup, you are automatically placed in it, thank you.

War team tryout: Rairyan
10+10+10=30
30/3=10
Score Needed: 7
Result: qualified for the War Team, congrats on making it on the team i will add you to the main squad shortly.

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I like to try out for the war team and heatran is the best poke to use to beat genesect, I have not used sand this gen but heatran would fix the genesect problem but you will need something to beat rotom

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Heatran is very nice to add to the team, time to open it up to move sets for heatran. Lucario is ready to be posted up soon but at this point it's a sub to heatran or vise versa, but the more pokes the better coverage we shall get. For rotom wash we should counter with a mow rotom or a mega venasaur but I hardly think it will work, unless we being in a tangrowth and slap an assault vest on it :) just as suggestion.

Announcement: the wizard cup goes into week 2 starting tomorrow at 12:00 pm pst, if you have any questions pm me or look at the tourney thread for cup rules and info, thank you.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Posting to let you know tomorrow and Sunday I might not be on as much because I have a local VGC tournament to go to. Maybe we should earn tomes by participating in local VGC tournaments? It would be easy enough to prove since if they are sanctioned you earn Play! Points which you can screenshot your history. Sunday, if I can get 8 people at my league that will play, I will be running a VGC tournament.

I also decided to try the Wi-Fi league. I just posted my application so once that gets accepted I am going to work on earning badges.

Regarding the CCAT, maybe Ferrothorn could be ok. While it doesn't appreciate burns that some Rotom-W can give it, it does resist both of its STAB moves. It will also help against fairy-types since those can be a threat to both Garchomp and Tyranitar. It also can give paralysis support which Mega Garchomp will definitely like.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Thank you for letting me know :) and well ferrithorn is majority a hazard setter but we already have one in ttar but we shall take it into consideration, Also TSC has contacted me and we are going ahead with the guild war. All war team members please prep for battle and get ready, remember we have one rule: "Win or Lose have fun!" I do not care if we win (although it would be awesome if we did lol) or lose as we play for fun, if you have fun and do do your best then you have represented the academy well! Good luck and let's have some fun out there :)

Last edited:

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Hey guys hope everyone has been keeping well. Pokebank still hasn't arrived, which I assume nobody understands since it was ready on 27th December so...

I will be on the chat later and won't mind battling some people ;) if you have anything regarding wifi badges or anything make sure to tell me too.

Recruiter:
Reason: come to tease C.y.a.n about shinies?
Good to see you again and Welcome to the guild ;) shinies can be worth it again :D

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Glad to see you back C.Y.A.N, so In light of the guild war the wiz cup has been postponed once again. I will update things in the tourney thread when it resumes, also a reminder we are still working on the CCAT so keep those submissions a coming :)

Trying to post my moveset for Heatran but I keep getting an error saying I can't post forbidden words, any idea what that's about?

Heatran holding Air Balloon (Prevents the 4X weakness to ground at least for one turn)

EVs: 252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 HP

-Magma Storm (Traps and stacks damage on top of sandstorm along with base 120 power)
- Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse (Dragon Pulse and Earth Power along with Magma Storm/Flamethrower provide neutral coverage)
-Flamethrower (For accuracy when trapping isn't needed)

EDIT: Evidently the problem is I'm not allowed to post the "at" symbol. Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Trying to post my moveset for Heatran but I keep getting an error saying I can't post forbidden words, any idea what that's about?

Heatran holding Air Balloon (Prevents the 4X weakness to ground at least for one turn)

EVs: 252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 HP

-Magma Storm (Traps and stacks damage on top of sandstorm along with base 120 power)
- Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse (Dragon Pulse and Earth Power along with Magma Storm/Flamethrower provide neutral coverage)
-Flamethrower (For accuracy when trapping isn't needed)

EDIT: Evidently the problem is I'm not allowed to post the "at" symbol. Anyone else have this problem?

That's a nice looking move set :) and maybe it might be due to the post count, we would have to see if someone under 20 posts can put the @ symbol

Announcement I have posted up a form in which to keep track of the spell tomes you gained, please try to use this form now on, thank you :)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
My battle result got missed.

Date of tomes recieved: January 15, 2014
Methods of tomes obtained (specify letter(s)): E
Tome total: 36

Regarding the Heatran set, you reach 278 Speed with your spread. I really think you could cut the Speed EVs to 192 because that is enough to outpace max speed Breloom by one point. That will net you 64 more points in a defensive stat. The only reason I could see more EVs being placed in Speed is if you really want to move before max speed Smeargle.

Status
Not open for further replies.