• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
That is not a requirement in the WIFI League i should know but the way as for the CCAT i still think we should put Gastrodon on the team it will will help it. i use this type of set

Gastrodon Leftovers
Ability:Storm Drain
Nature:Careful
Moves:Ice Beam, Recover, Toxic, Sludge Bomb
EVs: 252 HP and 252 SpDef 6 Def

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Does getting a badge from PokeGyms apply in the "WiFi League 6th Gen" requirement?
It should cause WiFi league closed down.

I think that will be fine :) also to everyone on the war team if you wish to war please let me know,I have no access to a computer nor will i for a while. if you guys want to get in on the action let me know to negotiate with another guild :) no reason you guys can't have fun. Please pm me, gastrodon seems fine any other submissions are welcomed.

As for the tourney, wego advances via activity so the next round of the tourney will be posted soon with a deadline :) goodluck to everyone

Last edited:

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Date of tomes recieved: 3-4-14, 3-8-14
Methods of tomes obtained (specify letter(s)):H(beat Wego for the Rock Gym Badge), J
Tome total:38---> 73

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
so far only one person has come forward to go to war so if any other members want to please pm me, i really want it to be an active war =) Announcement: i am asking everyone to please post an update on your tomes since your last update, with my computer crashing i lost almost all records so please post and updated list if it hasn't been add to the main OP, Thank you.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I've been really too busy for being able to reliably get in a war match. My promotion at work gives me less time to do things I want to do at home.

I haven't done anything to earn more tomes recently. Add in that I'm also working on learning more programming skills because that is what I want my real career to be.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Date of tomes received: 3-5-2014, 3-9-2014
Methods of tomes obtained (specify letter(s)): H, I
Tome total: 22 -> 30

I vote for a war.

EonDragonFTW

Hey guys sorry for the inactivity
Anyways, for the CCAT, I suggest that when you submit a Pokemon, don't just put in a a moveset, explain what purpose the Pokemon serves, it's role for the team, what teammate's weaknesses it covers, what are it's checks/counters, etc.
We need to know why a Pokemon is a good choice

bailey.ga

Username:
Reason for joining: Wanted to get better at battling
Division: Mage
Recruiter:...
WiFi FC and or PS Name: 4742-6515-3239
Jobs:...
Battle experience: 3? Don't really know.

akaFila

#2L2Q
Username:
Reason for joining: Wanted to get better at battling
Division: Mage
Recruiter:...
WiFi FC and or PS Name: 4742-6515-3239
Jobs:...
Battle experience: 3? Don't really know.

Accepted, welcome to the guild.

I'd like to encourage you to take part in TA's current CCAT. You can catch up on decided team members on the thread's first page. Also, be sure to check out, assuming you haven't already, all of the general information given in the OP and those following it.

bailey.ga

Accepted, welcome to the guild.

I'd like to encourage you to take part in TA's current CCAT. You can catch up on decided team members on the thread's first page. Also, be sure to check out, assuming you haven't already, all of the general information given in the OP and those following it.

Hi, thanks for accepting, what's a CCAT?

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
A CCAT is an exercise to help us improve our teambuilding skills. Anyone can contribute. CCAT stands for Community Create a Team.

username: FlareBlitz3000
opponents username: Skullbash
your division/rank: Mage/ Learner
opponents division/rank: Magician/ Learner
Game 1: (W/L) W(3-0)
Notes: GG. The Mega Charizard Y sheer power is real.

bailey.ga

A CCAT is an exercise to help us improve our teambuilding skills. Anyone can contribute. CCAT stands for Community Create a Team.

Ah ok, thanks.

For the CCAT I would recommend Goodra.
HP-252, Att-252, SpDef-4
Ability-Sap Sipper, Item Leftovers

Moves

Outrage Goodra packs a punch, so when you use Outrage with this thing i can do a lot of damage, it rarely fails, you use this on a Pokemon and you force your opponent to either switch out or allow it to faint. It's a 2(sometimes 3) turn attack, first attack you do the damage on the pokemon you want to hurt, if not a faint then at least half the hp goes, forcing your opponent to switch out, if they go for a fairy then the move ends and you have a chance to switch Goodra out and rid yourself from confusion, if not then you hit the move, it rarely does less than 30% damage on even steel types like Aegislash in a single turn.

The sheer bulk of this pokemon means that should you knock your opponents poke out, and they go for a fairy, it most likely will not be a OHKO and you'll walk away.

This move does have some risk though, it can go on for 3 turns, meaning an extra move for your opponent should they be super effective against you.

Earthquake This move is pretty standard online, it does a lot of damage, and can damage a lot of pokemon that otherwise Goodra would struggle with (Aegislash, Gardevoir etc)

Protect This can be a very useful move to have on Goodra, it can get you a bit of HP back from your leftovers, and can do a little extra damage from burns or poison. If you're using Goodra to stall out a bulky enemy this move can be very useful.
Body Slam Truth be told, this move can be replaced, it had its uses, it can do damage and leave an opponent paralysed, but I have found it rarely gets used, perhaps rest may be a better option, but room might have to be made for Sleep talk too, meaning protect may be replaced, and that is a very handy move to have.

Sap sipper i an incredibly useful ability, it can not only nullify moves like Giga Drain, Sleep Powder and Spore, but its attack is raised by them.

Goodra is one of the best Pokemon I have ever used, certainly the best dragon, I've had Garchomp use dragon rush on it and do 40%, Hydreigon use Draco Meteor and leave Goodra with a good 40% health, and a lugia got a crit hit Ice beam on it doing only 30% damage.

The thing is a wall, that can sweep many teams.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Ok from what i just read i have to agree with him but weall know that Goodra`s special defense is just god like give it an assault vest then with a ball game. But i know some people will be fall for the old Sap Slipper Goodra for if i for see one i am more likely to go for a physical attack than a special attack by doing this i will know if it has a different ability other than gooey and if u not using a rain team rhen its sap slipper then.

Last edited:

bailey.ga

Ok from what i just read i have to agree with him but weall know that Goodra`s special defense is just god like give it an assault vest then with a ball game. But i know some people will be fall for the old Sap Slipper Goodra for if i for see one i am more likely to go for a physical attack than a special attack by doing this i will know if it has a different ability other than gooey and if u not using a rain team rhen its sap slipper then.

Ah, I do have a counter that works well for me (though I haven't posted it here yet). If i sense an incoming physical attack, i immediately switch out to a Ferrothorn, it holds rocky helmet so it's a double whammy, if I have the chance, I set up stealth rocks and leech seed too.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Ah, I do have a counter that works well for me (though I haven't posted it here yet). If i sense an incoming physical attack, i immediately switch out to a Ferrothorn, it holds rocky helmet so it's a double whammy, if I have the chance, I set up stealth rocks and leech seed too.

O i see what u workin with an u gave yourself 3 know what im going add u to have little friendly match are u ready to have fun with Wego

Last edited:

bailey.ga

O i see what u workin with an u gave yourself 3 know what im going add u to have little friendly match are u ready to have fun with Wego

Sure, I added you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.