• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdas

Out of Practice
bailey any chance i can trade for that IV bred charmander? what moves has it got?

bailey.ga

bailey any chance i can trade for that IV bred charmander? what moves has it got?

Sure, I only have modest ones available atm with iv in sp att rather than attack, It knows Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Outrage and Flare Blitz.

What do you have for trade? I am looking for eevee.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Anyone around for a wifi battle?

username: LynxForte
opponents username: Wego
your division/rank: Mage/Learner
opponents division/rank: ???
Game 1: Win 3-0
Notes: GG. Wego always has fun teams that mess with your head.

Last edited:

bailey.ga

I would have battled you but my internet isn't working well atm, it keeps throwing off my DS's connection mid battle.

Wego

WeCounting Stars

My division is Mage and rank is Learner

bailey.ga

A few quick questions, Do I need three teams to be in the guild?(I'm currently building my 2nd team) for 6v6
when my 2nd team is put together I am going to make a team for VGC as I'm woeful at it and wanted to learn how to play it better and just wanted to know whether I'd need to put another team together first.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Glad to see some new faces around Here, welcome to the guild and you only need teams if you plan to battle bit they are not mandatory, sorry I've been out things are still hectic, so where are we with the ccat? And so far 4 members have said they want a war so if I can get at least another active team member I'll start negotiations :)

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
^ what he said lol please make your way over and make sure you have a match set or win will go to whoever is most active on here, also I think we have enough people to start a war so I will be talking to a guild who's been patient with us, so be on the lookout, trying for the weekend.

Gdas

Out of Practice
Sure, I only have modest ones available atm with iv in sp att rather than attack, It knows Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Outrage and Flare Blitz.

What do you have for trade? I am looking for eevee.

i have a couple of IV bred eevees left i think, im sure i put them in the pokebank but my membership just ran out... what happens now?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
After a certain period of time they will disappear. I don't know how many days exactly before they do. I paid for the full version because then I can use it whenever I have the need to catch something in a prior generation.

@bailey: I have a doubles team that I've been using if you want practice. I won't be available at all tomorrow though because I'll literally be judging MN State Championships from 8 AM until at least 9 PM. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my best days where I have the most availability.

bailey.ga

i have a couple of IV bred eevees left i think, im sure i put them in the pokebank but my membership just ran out... what happens now?

Ah I don't need an eevee anymore, got one the other day, if you let me know what you have and i'll see whether there's any i need, btw, I am looking for a few legendaries, if you ave any dupes you're willing to trade let me know :)

bailey.ga

After a certain period of time they will disappear. I don't know how many days exactly before they do. I paid for the full version because then I can use it whenever I have the need to catch something in a prior generation.

@bailey: I have a doubles team that I've been using if you want practice. I won't be available at all tomorrow though because I'll literally be judging MN State Championships from 8 AM until at least 9 PM. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my best days where I have the most availability.

My internet hasn't been behaving itself lately, so I can't get through a battle without it kicking me off, I will when it gets sorted (which hopefully shouldn't be long)

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Leaving.

The guild has been running a bit too slow for my liking. It was fun being here while it lasted and sorry I am leaving so early. I may come back when the guild has time to grow some more, but I can't make any promises.

May The Academy live long and prosper!

EDIT: the muddy mudkips has also made the decision to leave the guild. You should remove his name from the OP. He may come back.

Last edited:

Gdas

Out of Practice
Leaving.

The guild has been running a bit too slow for my liking. It was fun being here while it lasted and sorry I am leaving so early. I may come back when the guild has time to grow some more, but I can't make any promises.

May The Academy live long and prosper!

Good luck man!

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Sorry to see you guys go but your always welcomed back here no matter what :)I also I have gone ahead and begun war talk negotiations :) sorry things have been slow but here at the academy it's about building and studying and get to the point your skills are where you want them to be. So back to business what's the info on the ccat?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Gastrodon Leftovers
Ability:Storm Drain
Nature:Careful
Moves:Ice Beam, Recover, Toxic, Sludge Bomb
EVs: 252 HP and 252 SpDef 6 Def

I still think we should go with Gastrodon for the CCAT. The Gastrodon I have is Calm with the same EV spread, except the last 6 are in SpA. I can see Sludge Bomb's usefulness with Faeries running around. The main reason I would choose Gastrodon is that no one on the team wants to take a scald and expecially not a hydro pump. Tyranitar can take maybe 2 scalds depending on the water pokemon. Even if it can take more than that, why risk the damage? With Storm Drain, its getting a SpA boost and with Sludge Bomb it can hit grass pokemon hard and do damage on the pokemon that switch in thinking the're going to destroy it with Energy Ball. While I love Rhyperior, on this team, Gastrodon is better.

The Mighty Tuma

Up and Coming Trainer
Tomes update

Date of tomes received: 3-1-2014, 3-3-2014, 3-4-2014, 3-6-2014, 3-23-2014
Methods of tomes obtained (specify letter(s)): H, I
Tome total: 12 -> 94

In the list of members on the first page, my ps name needs to be corrected, it's actually Tuma

For ccat

I agree with LynxForte about gastrodon, very good pokemon for the team. Though I'd make one change to the move set, that is switch out ice beam with scald, I think this team would benefit from a stab water move.

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Is there going to be any kind of prize for doing well in the April Friendly tournament that was just announced? I'm going to be putting most of my efforts into that. Ubers is my format. The last challenge that allowed such Pokemon to participate I nearly got top 1% of all participants so I'm expecting to do well. If anyone on the team wants help, they can PM me or message me on Skype.

bailey.ga

Is there going to be any kind of prize for doing well in the April Friendly tournament that was just announced? I'm going to be putting most of my efforts into that. Ubers is my format. The last challenge that allowed such Pokemon to participate I nearly got top 1% of all participants so I'm expecting to do well. If anyone on the team wants help, they can PM me or message me on Skype.

Will this group be used as prep for the tournament? I'm in the middle of planning my team and could use a few practise matches to edit my team and make sure it's ready for the tournament.

Especially since I have so little practise in 3v3 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.