• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Hey guys! I have returned! Anyways just letting you know I'm back. Welcome to the division StrakElf! I'll add you to the OP ASAP.

Anyways, we had a war in three days!?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hey guys! I have returned! Anyways just letting you know I'm back. Welcome to the division StrakElf! I'll add you to the OP ASAP.

Anyways, we had a war in three days!?

welcome back and we are still in war my friend lol announcement the OP has been updated and now there is a new way to get Spell Tomes so all co leaders please update accordingly, thank you and the ccat is still needing votes as voting ends tonight at 11:59 pm pst

current standings
weather (3)
offense (3)
stall (0)

EonDragonFTW

Someone should be "that guy" and vote for stall lol.

lol but stall has certainly gotten boosted this gen (unlike last gen where it was all OHKO and the "only" thing that mattered was outspeeding your opponent to kill them first)
everything's more bulky, and with the nerf to standard coverage moves like tbolt, ice beam, flamethrower, etc., things will generally survive longer. Not to mention defensive behemoths like Megasaur, Defense Aegislash, and Mega Aggron to name a few.

I'm still all for Bulky Offense, but stall does have its merits

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
lol but stall has certainly gotten boosted this gen (unlike last gen where it was all OHKO and the "only" thing that mattered was outspeeding your opponent to kill them first)
everything's more bulky, and with the nerf to standard coverage moves like tbolt, ice beam, flamethrower, etc., things will generally survive longer. Not to mention defensive behemoths like Megasaur, Defense Aegislash, and Mega Aggron to name a few.

I'm still all for Bulky Offense, but stall does have its merits

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't. I was saying vote for stall because the voting ends in a few hours and we have offensive, and weather tied at 3 votes but none for stall. It was a bad joke lol.

-Raziel

Username: -Raziel
Reason for joining: This was the coolest looking guild
Division: Mage
Recruiter: None
WiFi FC and or PS Name: 2380-3140-7489 and PS username is Raziel5721
Jobs: None for now
Battle experience (1/10): 7

EonDragonFTW

Username: -Raziel
Reason for joining: This was the coolest looking guild
Division: Mage
Recruiter: None
WiFi FC and or PS Name: 2380-3140-7489 and PS username is Raziel5721
Jobs: None for now
Battle experience (1/10): 7

Welcome, Raziel, welcome to the academy (and my division, of which you are the second member of)!
If you need anything, let us know!

And with that aside, PS is honestly being a B*tch to me. My account suddenly got deleted, and when I click choose name and try entering a name to register, it just pretends I didn't even do anything. Wtf. Sorry guys, can't battle until I get it to work

-Raziel

Welcome, Raziel, welcome to the academy (and my division, of which you are the second member of)!
If you need anything, let us know!

And with that aside, PS is honestly being a B*tch to me. My account suddenly got deleted, and when I click choose name and try entering a name to register, it just pretends I didn't even do anything. Wtf. Sorry guys, can't battle until I get it to work
Awesome, and I was having that same issue on PS too. I think the server might be down or something

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
The server is down and yeah it's a real drag but hopefully it wil be up soon. Welcome to the guild :) please enjoy your time here, curently we are having a vote on our CCAT, if it stays tied we will have to have 2 ppl battle the winner gets the final vote.

Stall is too hit or miss this gen. Last gen i would use offensive hail stall (if that makes sense) to some success with entry hazards and a layer of toxic spikes. Almost a fifth of the opponents hp gone in a turn, on top of stealth rocks i could be looking at a pokemon anywhere from a fifth to half way dead upon entrance. This gen on top of having alot of steel types introduces defog, which has no counters. In short; stall is too gimmicky and situational. If i can look at a team and know the battle is lost then that team isnt viable lol.

Though my team wasnt really stall, it was more or less a team built around alot of residual damage then sending in a fast clean up sweeper or two(in my case alakazam) to finish the opponent off. Two things forbid this strategy though. The nerf to weather and the nerf to entry hazards. Which basically did make up gen 5.

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Alright everyone the war has ended, i lost to mcdanger 2-0 in some great games, so even though we lost im proud of everyone who participated. i know there are the haters who believe it was mistake to challenge them right off the bat; but if i had not believed we could have won i wouldn't have challenged them. So a loss is a loss but the academy is not built on wins or losses its built on the desire to get stronger as one unit, so im proud of how we did our first war, thank you all.

now to continue on the guild ccat, voting has ended
weather had 4
offense had 3
stalls 0 (sorry wego voting ended a few hours ahead of your change lol)

we can now move forward with a weather based team =) As well as the wizard cup week 2 will begin soon, due to the holiday coming up and all vacationing we can just concentrate on the CCAT for now. Every member gets 10 Spell Tomes today because i feel happy lol.

I will now be taking votes for weather endusing pokes to start off the ccat, my vote has been cast for tyranitar. After voting ends for this starting poke i will open up to suggestions from all members on how to follow it up and give the winner poke partners.
Tyranitar (1)
Ninetails (0)
AbomoSnow (0)
Politoad (0)

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Rats foiled again well a weather team is still great team to me i will vote for Ninetails as the weather endusing poke because the one of the team I'm using on PS is some what of a sun team Kamorc played against it for my tryout

Last edited:

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
So voting is intense so far as two votes have been casted, now I shall update the standings in the votes, also I have fun and interesting activity for the guild that will be unveiled soon :)

Tyranitar (1)
Ninetails (1)
Abomasnow (0)
Politoad (0)
Keep on voting :)

-Raziel

I'll vote for Ninetales since that's my favorite of the four weather inducers. Also, if anybody would like to battle me for their weekly battle just let me know.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
I vote for TTar because I really like mega garchomp and I want to be able to fully capitalize on it's strengths. Also Raziel if you want to battle on wifi I can since PS is still down.

-Raziel

I vote for TTar because I really like mega garchomp and I want to be able to fully capitalize on it's strengths. Also Raziel if you want to battle on wifi I can since PS is still down.
Ah I forgot about Mega Garchomp, he's pretty awesome haha. Sure I'll battle on wifi, but are wifi battles Bo1 or still Bo3? Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.