• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonDragonFTW

Username: Remorph
Reason for joining: Because I can make a difference.
Division: Mage
Recruiter: None at this time
WiFi FC and or PS Name: PS: Seprix
Jobs: (if you want to be a professor at the academy): If Warring is a job.
Battle experience (1/10): I think someone who can take a team of Pikachu, Emolga, Dedene, Pacharisu, Plusle, and Minun into OU and win half the time is a pretty solid 9.5, maybe 10. If we're talking SKILL, then no, I am not perfect. Who is TRULY perfect? But I am the master of in battle prediction, I have vast knowledge of the metagame, and I have been doing pokemon for years now. Experience would be an automatic 10.

Welcome, remorph! You'll be a nice addition to the guild, and I'd like to battle that team sometime to see really how good it is. (lol pikaclones assemble!)

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Welcome, remorph! You'll be a nice addition to the guild, and I'd like to battle that team sometime to see really how good it is. (lol pikaclones assemble!)

It's not really that incredible.. Too many things kill it, but the fact that it wins is funny. :p

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I'll have new updates to the art soon which include xat buttons and guild buttons, also war team tryouts are this week so please feel fry to contact me for a test. holidays are nearly over (counting New Years) then it's back to guild business as in the wiz cup, the LC tour and wars against other guilds, so hang tight everyone and remember to pm me any question you have :)

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Ok... I'll need to construct a new team I've been planning. Maybe if I finish it fast enough, I can use it in my test.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Testing will be open all week looking to go into war after New Years so there's time, and to all new members once again welcome, excuse the inactivity for now, it's a mix of holidays and time zone differences but it will pick up :)
Onto our CCAT: currently we have TTAR as our starter and we have agreed on mega Garchomp as our second member, so please submit any helpful movesets you would like to see on it, here's my recommendation.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 def
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage

EonDragonFTW

I'd suggest a more bulky boosting MegaChomp

Garchomp @Garchompite
EVs: 252 HP 252 ATK
Ability: Sand Force
Moves:
Earthquake
Dual Chop/Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

This set allows for the maximum wallbreaking power that MegaChomp provides. EQ is there for the obvious Sand Force boost and Main destructive STAB. Dual Chop is preferred over Dragon Claw cuz it can break subs and is actually more powerful cuz of the STAB gained on both hits (and both are preferred over Outrage cuz fairies, most notable Togekiss, exist). Stone Edge completes the EdgeQuake combo, hits Togekiss who otherwise walls chomp and is also boosted by Sand Force. Swords Dance will allow it to OHKO/2HKO most of the metagame, and allows it to do its wall breaking shenanigans. Problem is, MegaChomp is slow, which is why the EVs maximize bulk, but with Sticky Web support, Mega Chomp may even be able to sweep.

Also, which Ttar set did we agree on?

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I'd suggest a more bulky boosting MegaChomp

Garchomp @Garchompite
EVs: 252 HP 252 ATK
Ability: Sand Force
Moves:
Earthquake
Dual Chop/Dragon Claw/Outrage
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

This set allows for the maximum wallbreaking power that MegaChomp provides. EQ is there for the obvious Sand Force boost and Main destructive STAB. Dual Chop is preferred over Dragon Claw cuz it can break subs and is actually more powerful cuz of the STAB gained on both hits (and both are preferred over Outrage cuz fairies, most notable Togekiss, exist). Stone Edge completes the EdgeQuake combo, hits Togekiss who otherwise walls chomp and is also boosted by Sand Force. Swords Dance will allow it to OHKO/2HKO most of the metagame, and allows it to do its wall breaking shenanigans. Problem is, MegaChomp is slow, which is why the EVs maximize bulk, but with Sticky Web support, Mega Chomp may even be able to sweep.

Also, which Ttar set did we agree on?

Solid set here, assuming Garchomp can last the 2 turns it will cost, first SD, then with it being slow it has to survive another attack. I do like where that is going though, excellent submission defiantly blows mine out of the water lol so far I like it so everyone remember to submit movesets as we cannot do this alone. We went with imma agitos set of TTAR, ill post it up soon.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Ok, Signature customized.

Anyone dare to enter the Xat Chat? I'll be there.

-Raziel

Solid set here, assuming Garchomp can last the 2 turns it will cost, first SD, then with it being slow it has to survive another attack. I do like where that is going though, excellent submission defiantly blows mine out of the water lol so far I like it so everyone remember to submit movesets as we cannot do this alone. We went with imma agitos set of TTAR, ill post it up soon.
I like Eon's set as well, so maybe we can solve the speed problem by having our next Pokemon have Sticky Web?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Mega Garchomp is easily the worst Mega, or tied for worst with Obamasnow and Houndoom. It gets slower, losing battles with Manaphy with Ice Beam, Celebi w/ HP Ice, Anything else with base 100 Speed with HP Ice/Ice Beam, and other threats that don't come to mind at the moment but for sure exist, and the attack boosts aren't much needed, as you can kill most troublesome steel types in one hit when in Garchomp Normal form using a Fire Blast without much investment. Also, you lose your item.

The whole selling point for Garchomp is it's SPEED. SPEED! There is only one good thing about Mega Garchomp, and that is that you get Normal Garchomp's speed the same turn you Mega Evolve. But that's only one turn. It's not worth the item sacrifice in my opinion.

And now for you:

A LIST OF TOP SIX MEGAS IN MY OPINION:

1. Blaziken

All hail the king, baby. This thing is theoretically worse, because an LO Blaziken does more damage than Mega Blazkien. But oh well.

2. Kangaskan

Power-Up Punch is so freaking broken with Parental Bond. It's a damaging Swords Dance, for gosh sakes! It can tank a lot of hits, and it gets Sucker Punch too. Anything that is not Lucario (For Sucker Punch) or Sableye will die to this thing fast.

3. Gengar

Ok. LO Gengar does more damage than Mega-Gengar. This thing seems just like Mega-Alakazam. Doesn't seem too bad... Except it gets Shadow Tag. Single out your foes, and execute them! Shadow Tag is broken. NEXT!

4. Lucario

Adaptability Close Combat wrecks everything. Bullet Punch gets Adaptability boosts, and screws over any Ghost type outside of Golurk.

5. Mawile

Highest ability boosted attack in the entire game. Period. This thing's play rough can almost OHKO a full HP Dragonite with 252 +Def nature with Multiscale. That's scary. That's really scary. Also, it gets Sucker Punch, and access to Swords Dance, so we can wreck even MORE stuff! Not only that, but it has respectable defenses!

6. Pinsir

Aerialate + Quick Attack = Profit

After that, I'd be considering Heracross, Gardevoir, and yes, even Banette, which is deceptively good.

Last edited:

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
I agree that Mega Garchomp losing out on speed is troublesome which is why we're all thinking of ways to compensate for it, possibly using sticky web. I know paralysis is also another option for lowering speed, which a prankster can spread rather quickly. Also, those first 3 megas on the list are banned and supposedly Lucario is scheduled to be under suspect.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Well, I never said Megas in OU... :p But then I should have listed Mega Mewtwo. Ah well. I'll compile a list eventually.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Garchomp doesent have to have its mega form, we can always substitute it for another item and reserve our one mega, so with that being te case we can now focus on a non mega chomp. So feel free to update and add other movesets as well, So guild news week 2 of the wizard cup Will officially begin Friday! We also have the LC tour going live but we need at least 8 participants and we have 3 so far, so post your sign ups in the tourney thread. if you have any questions about the LC tour or The Wizard Cup; please refer to the rules section of the tourney thread Thank you.

Last edited:

EonDragonFTW

Well, everytHing that I was gonna say has been said
Well, keep in mind that this is a sand team, so another Pokemon has to have sandstorm as a move.
As for Garchomp having a bad mega, it just functions differently from normal Garchomp just likehow mega Heracross functions differently than normal Heracross.
I just have one thing to say: Baton Pass Speed Boost Scolopede
Edit: also keep in mind Mega Garchomp has 170 base attack. If it was fast it would be broken

Last edited:

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I am currently on the chat.

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
well in terms of sand storm set up we could always use a Hippodon
Ability: sandstream
moves: earthquake, slack off, ice fang, and stockpile
he could easily get sandstorm back up and cover for some of tyranitar's weaknesses such as fighting, ground, and steel

Status
Not open for further replies.