• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ace Attorney Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowth City

Staff member
MC1.png

IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE EVERYONE, SIGN THIS PETITION TO LOCALIZE AAI2. CLICK ON THIS TO GO TO THE SITE. I HAVE SIGNED IT, SO HOPEFULLY MORE PEOPLE WILL TOO. THANK YOU!

Welcome to the first ever SPPf club for Ace Attorney, where you can talk about the games, characters and anything else related to this awesome series.
That includes spin-offs, cross-overs, fanfiction, shippings, manga, etc. I plan on making this club a success, so let's begin discussing.

cooltext568900894.png

Ace Attorney, known in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban (Turnabout Trial), is a series of adventure games created by Shu Takumi and published by Capcom in which players assume the role of a defense attorney in a fictional courtroom setting, which is based on the Japanese legal system, to strive to find their clients "not guilty" using investigation, evidence, and cross-examination to prove their case.

The first three games in the series, originally released only in Japan and in Japanese between 2001 and 2004 for the Game Boy Advance platform, have been ported to the Nintendo DS as well as localized into English and other languages. The series has been developed for the DS from the ground up starting with the fourth game. The DS remakes and games in the series take advantage of the DS features, including the microphone and touchscreen. The series was released on WiiWare in Japan from December 15, 2009 and in North America from January 11, 2010.

The first three games feature and are sometimes referred to by the eponymous main protagonist, Phoenix Wright. The fourth game, set seven years after the end of the third game, introduces a new protagonist, Apollo Justice, who takes over from Wright, and Miles Edgeworth, a key character from the first trilogy, is featured in two special interquel titles set between the third and fourth games. [Synopsis is taken from Wikipedia]

cooltext568901714.png

1. All SPPf rules apply.
2. Spamming will NOT be tolerated.
3. No bashing of any kind. Please respect other people.
4. If you break any of these rules, you will receive a strike. Five strikes and you're out.

This is not a rule, per se. However, it is an important thing to keep in mind:
Please spoiler any MAJOR spoilers of the games (i.e. the real killers, endings, pivotal events, etc.)

It is recommended that all members read this first.

If you have any questions, then feel free to PM me (Meowth City)

cooltext568902138.png

Simply fill in this short form and you will be added to the list shortly.

HTML:
[B]Nickname:[/B]
[B]Why do you want to join?[/B]
[B]Character claim:[/B] (optional) see below for more info.

cooltext568902601.png

Basically, you can choose to claim your favourite character when you join. It's on a first come-first serve basis and only one claim per person is allowed. If you don't wish to claim a character or your favourite has been taken, you don't have to claim any at all. This is NOT a requirement to join, but it's just something fun. To see what has already been claimed, please direct your attention to the members list found below.

As club owner, I get first dibs and I choose to claim Franziska von Karma.

cooltext568903144.png

How did you first discover or get introduced to Ace Attorney?

cooltext568903933.png

~Empty at the moment

cooltext568904486.png

First - Warning
Second - Two day ban
Third - A week ban
Fourth - A month ban
Fifth - Permanent ban

cooltext568904828.png

Meowth City --- Owner --- Franziska von Karma
CyberBlaziken --- Co-Owner --- Phoenix Wright
@MiGo --- Member --- Apollo Justice
#1treeckofan --- Member --- Damon Gant
Griff4815 --- Member --- Det. Dick Gumshoe
Chibi_Muffin --- Member --- Ema Skye
3lmi --- Member --- Klavier Gavin
CyberBlastoise --- Member --- Dahlia Hawthorne
bobandbill --- Member --- Godot
Fenix --- Member --- Miles Edgeworth
Kaiserin --- Member ---Mia Fey
Armando Payne --- Member --- Diego Armando
CuriousHeartless - Member --- Redd White
Short Wing --- Member --- Missile
XxShadowElektrossxX --- Member --- Victor Kudo
Billy Mays --- Member --- Shelly de Killer
ChloboShoka --- Member --- Olga Orly
Khybon --- Member --- The Judge
xack --- Member --- Ron DeLite
Misty#1 --- Member - Lana Skye
Raiden193 --- Member --- Pearl Fey
VS --- Member --- none
Grim Heaper --- Member --- none
Ampharos_Dude --- Member --- Larry Butz
Chidori__O --- Member --- none
Sid87 --- Member --- Luke Atmey
ansem the wise -- Member --- none
jesspikapal --- Member --- Maya Fey
Sparkbeat --- Member --- Laurice Deauxnim
Raguna --- Member --- Furio Tigre

Only one more spot is available for the position of Co-Owner. If you wish to become one, you must ask the club owner for permission and I will choose the best candidates. There are no huge requirements, but anyone with any strikes in the club will not be accepted (obviously). Please PM me or write it in your first post if this interest you.​

All official artwork have been obtained from Court-Records, an Ace Attorney fansite. Fanart is taken from http://narumayo.tumblr.com, credit goes to the artists who made them. The club banner was made by the awesome PopPrincess_Lyra.

Last edited:

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Nickname: @MiGo
Why do you want to join? I lovez Ace Attorney
Character claim: Apollo Justice :D

Yeah, can i join please? :)

I first got introduced to it by a nintendo week video XD

They were doing a section on ace attorney investigations, and It looked interesting :3

Meowth City

Staff member
Yay, first member :D

@MiGo, welcome to the club!
You and your claim have been added to the list now. Thank you for joining, and please tell everyone you know who is an AA fan to join =)

Meowth City

Staff member
Welcome, treecko. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining and please tell everyone you know who's an AA fan. Btw, I love your sig and location :D

NEW TOPIC: On 11 Oct, it was the tenth anniversary of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney being released on the GBA. I chose to celebrate by playing all the games in order from the very beginning, as I own all the games and have been itching to play them for a while.

Did anyone else choose to celebrate this big milestone?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Nickname : Kai
Why do you want to join? : Huge Fan xD One of my favorite DS games :3
Character Claim : Phoenix Wright ( Nicky Boy) :)

Finally xD
I planned on making this club, but school ended that dream -.-
I could try Co-owning this, I am online everyday for a brief 2 hours or so.

EDIT : I got the GBA version as a Birthday gift, and then followed the series ever since then.

I celebrated as well :D
Played the first 4 games all day. I fell sick that day, the best way to spend the day.

I've heard rumours about a possible Gyakuten Saiban 5, does anyone know about it?

Last edited:

Meowth City

Staff member
Welcome new members, you and your claims have been added to the list. Thank you for joining.

@CyberBlaziken - you are now a co-owner of this club. What this means is you are free to strike anyone who breaks the rules, and you are responsible for the club in my absence. You can step down at any time if you wish.

Also, I'm quite jealous that you have the GBA version. I don't have any of them due to the fact that I don't understand Japanese. As for a potiental sequel, I haven't heard any news of that. Of course, I hope this is true.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Yes, I understand. I'll do my best.

Believe me, I didn't understand anything. I had my cousin explain each and every line for me.
So that took me a very, very long time to finish.

About, the sequel, I read some articles about it. I'll post them if I can find, if you want that is.

And I'll try to make some banners as well, if I can find some spare time. Any request for specific characters?

Meowth City

Staff member
^ I take it that your cousin knows Japanese. That's lucky for you, as I don't even know anyone who knows the language so having to google every word would take even longer. Good thing, the DS ones are in English.

Yes, please feel free do post anything relating to the games. That goes for everyone here.

Banners, that sounds good to me. I don't mind which characters at all, so free feel to go crazy xD

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Nickname: Chibi_Muffin
Why do you want to join? Because this series is awesome, especially the characters. =D
Character Claim: Ema Skye. Of course. ;)

I got into this series because of TVTropes, to be honest. Somehow on there, I got linked to a video of the BIGGEST spoiler of JFA. Then I got addicted and watched loads of other videos, until I decided to get the games proper. Love 'em. I've got the Phoenix trilogy and the first Edgeworth game, and will get the second when it comes out. Yes, WHEN. It's not that I hate Apollo at all - I'd play the games if they had just left Phoenix and Ema alone. T_T The Ema I have claimed is more specifically the AAI Ema, when she is still awesome.

Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
^ The form requires your Nickname :p
Please edit that part of your post. Other than that,
Welcome to the Club! I'm Kai.

Your name and claim will be added by Meowth on the first post.

So, you haven't played the Apollo Justice game?
Ah, I have seen a lot of people to gain a certain dislike for the older Ema. Personally, I like her. And she's really pretty o_O
And also Snackooos! xD

Sorry for the inactivity, I lost my Laptop few weeks back.
Coming on with my phone is a pain, but I'll try more often though.

I signed that petition months ago :D

Few banners will be up this weekend, hopefully..

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Nickname: Elmi101
Why do you want to join?: I love the AA games, and the characters are so interesting and amazing it is almost like you can imagine them beside you when you play.
Character claim: Klavier Gavin *Guilty Love plays in the background*

I got into the game because of the Kurain Murder (Reunion, and Turnabout I think). It was so interesting so I started to play the first game and continued to be a fan.

Klavier Gavin is so cool, one of my favourite prosecutor other than Edgeworth while Franziska was hilarious but a bit aggressive. It was cool when she walked around with Pheonix in the final case of T&T (she has funny remarks xD).

Meowth City

Staff member
Chibi_Muffin and Elmi101, both of you and your claims have been added to the list. Thanks for joining.

@CyberBlaziken - It's okay, I don't mind the nickname part so much, as long as the rest of the form is completed so I'll let that slide. But thanks Kai for looking out for the club and for signing the petition :D Sorry about your laptop and if it's too troublesome to come on to the club that often, then I will understand. I'll look forward to those banners.

Yeah, I have to agree that Apollo Justice is probably the weakest game in the series in my personal opinion. However, I have mixed opinions on the older Ema. I did dislike her attitude when she came into case two, but I later began to warm up to her character by the next case. Yay, Snackaroos. So yeah, I do perfer the younger Ema (Strange coincidence - I just finished playing the Rises from the Ashes case)

@Elmi101 - I really enjoyed that case with the Murder at Kurain Village. That is one of my favourites because of introduction of the Magatama. I love Klavier Gavin too, but I do prefer Edgeworth and Franziska the most out of the prosecutors [I surprised no one has claimed Edgey O.O]. Btw, thanks for the FR - I accepted.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
@Elmi101 - I really enjoyed that case with the Murder at Kurain Village. That is one of my favourites because of introduction of the Magatama. I love Klavier Gavin too, but I do prefer Edgeworth and Franziska the most out of the prosecutors [I surprised no one has claimed Edgey O.O]. Btw, thanks for the FR - I accepted.

Magatama was a great game mechanic, and I was so sad when they took it out in AJ. Apollo Justice had Perceive and Forensic Science (with Ema :]) so it kinda of worked.

I am also surprised no one claimed Edgey too, but I have a good feeling a new member will claim him in the future.

@MiGo

Scouting Legion
Oh I loved that perceive ability in Apollo Justice!

Although that game was probably the weakest of the series, I still love it XP

Hey does anyone have a favorite breakdown in Ace Attorney? I find Daryan's funny the way he uses his hair XD

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Hey does anyone have a favorite breakdown in Ace Attorney? I find Daryan's funny the way he uses his hair XD

Dahlia's breakdown or evil face scared the sh*t out of me the first time I played through it....

Furio Tigre also had a funny one, and that guy with the Scarf in the Lost Turnabout with Maggey's first appearance.

Meowth City

Staff member
Yep, I was a little disappointed when they took out the Magatama in AJ. However, I did like the Perceive ability a lot and the forensic parts with Ema. Yeah, I still loved that game but not as much as the others.

Oh, how to choose?

Dahlia's breakdown or evil face scared the sh*t out of me the first time I played through it....
Yeah, I agree on that one. Totally freaky. Amazing case, that one.

@Everyone who sent friend requests: thanks for them. I'm usually quite busy, so I will try to talk here for any AA stuff and VM/PM you for other things. Thanks again. And let's keep this club running.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
A personal favourite breakdown of mine is Sahwit's. It's so funny, I guess Phoenix had 'toupee' for accusing him. =P The first case killers always get some good breakdowns... but not necessarily in the first case. =D All of them are cool though. Except maybe White. I dunno, it's just that the breakdown seems okay for any killer, but the character himself seems so major (HE KILLED MIA FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!) that I expected something more.

Speaking of which, I have a couple of questions...

What are your favourite cases?

I quite like Rise from the Ashes, since it has EMA, as well as lots of other awesome characters - including, no, especially the true culprit. There's also forensics, which I love. The Stolen Turnabout is also cool because it's so weird, and it has one of my favourite defendants in it!

Who are your favourite/least favourite characters?

I like Ema, Gumshoe, Maggey, Phoenix, Maya, Pearl, Edgeworth, Kay, the Judge, Franziska, Godot, Ron, Colias, Jake, Mike, Larry, Lotta, Will, Rhoda, <Insert the three major AAI2 characters in here>, Lang... I LIKE THEM ALL. EVEN THE KILLERS, I LOVE TO HATE THEM.

Except Zinc, Spark, Sal and Hotti. Ugh. So creepy. T_T Yes, I know I haven't played AJ, but I still hate him, because the AJ characters are okay, just not the PW characters IN AJ.

Guilty or Not Guilty? (You know what I'm talking about)

Always Guilty. It's right, it's justice, I spoiled myself, and besides, you'd know anyway that the outcome of guilty would NEVER happen.

Question to the owners/co-owners: Are spoilers okay or banned, or in spoiler tags, or what? And is any AAI2 discussion allowed? Because I might discuss some characters (nothing spoilery, literally about the first three released) if it is allowed.

Meowth City

Staff member
Question to the owners/co-owners: Are spoilers okay or banned, or in spoiler tags, or what? And is any AAI2 discussion allowed? Because I might discuss some characters (nothing spoilery, literally about the first three released) if it is allowed.
Spoilers are allowed, as long as you place any MAJOR SPOILERS in a spoiler tag. While the majority of members here may have played most of the games, we must be careful, in case some members haven't. Yes, AAI2 is allowed to be discussed as well as the Prof. Layton crossover. So feel free to discuss as much as you want C:

... will answer some of those questions later when I get more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.