• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ace Attorney Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyway, I finally got around to watching the "trailer" of the Ace Attorney movie. Now, is it just me or does it look like it's the same cases as featured in the first game? Thoughts? Anyone?

Here's the link to it

It seems so interesting :D, I can't wait for the actually movie. I'm pretty sure it is a movie of the first game but then again I don't speak Japanese.

Also sorry for being away for a while (was so busy at school because of Halloween and stuff ...).

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Sorry for the inactivity.
And excuse me for the rest of the week.

We'll, I'm a Muslim, and Eid is passing by us. So super busy with celebrations and family.

I've seen the trailer. And it's based on the First game, because it is pretty long.
I wish I knew Japanese..

3lmi

pimping aint easy
@cyberblaziken: Eid Mubarak, even though it late (by a couple of days).

@meowth city: The website is so shiny, hopefully the movie won't be too shiny. I'm expected a good movie, but not expected good sales...

Meowth City

Staff member
Sorry, I haven't been here in a while as I've been busy as well. Anyway, time for a new topic...

Tell us your favourite quote(s) and give a reason if you can
There is a WHOLE LOT that I really love in every single game, but I can't list them all.

So, here's just the one for now: "You'd walk over miles of hot coals for Mystic Maya, wouldn't you Mr Nick?" - Pearl Fey

Reasons why:
(1) I am a huge Phoenix x Maya shipper
(2) It foreshadows what's to come in the very last case of T&T
(3) Pearls is just too cute and she's totally right, you know

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Tell us your favourite quote(s) and give a reason if you can:

Pearl Fey: You... You're Mr. Nick, right?... I know who you are. You're... You're Mystic Maya's... "special someone"... (insert Pearl's cute face)

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Nickname: CyberBlastoise whom is better than CyberBlaziken...just kidding
Why do you want to join?
I'm a big AA fan...what did you expect a 5 page essay? Well...*shot*...great...now someone will get sued.
Character claim: Franziska von Karma :p Dahlia Hawthorne

Meowth City

Staff member
Welcome, CyberBlastoise. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining the club :D

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I'm not gonna pick a quote... there's too much to choose from. D=

Anyway, some more questions, 'cuz this thread can't die!

What do you think about the voice clips?

I think they're okay, most of them are good enough. Some need a bit of spicing up though, since not all of them sound unique enough. Also, Edgeworth has a neat British accent!

My problem is that I'd like more voice clips to be included. Maybe not every character who ever says 'Hold It!', but at least more major ones. If AAI's first case killer gets a voice, why can't, say, Maya or Gumshoe?

Least favourite case?

For me, 3-4 (Turnabout Beginnings). It just seemed so bland in a way and I disliked
that nothing really came out of it, since the killer got away and your client died.

Meowth City

Staff member
I'm not gonna pick a quote... there's too much to choose from. D=

Anyway, some more questions, 'cuz this thread can't die!
Okay, fair enough. I know it's tough to choose since they are too many amazing gems in every game.

Don't worry, I won't let this club die. I do have some back-up questions that I can whip out when I really need to.

What do you think about the voice clips?
Sure they can be spruced up, but I think most of them are fine.

I have to agree on your second point. More voice clips would be awesome. I would love for Maya to have her own 'Objection', 'Hold It', 'Take That', etc. Gumshoe definitely needs one - I can imagine him saying 'Hold It, Pal' xD

Least favourite case?
I never really thought off that before, but I guess I would have to agree with your choice for the same reasons.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Hello people.
MId-Terms coming up, then I'll be active like hell and post.

Least favorite case?
Um, I'd have to say the first case in Justice for All. I didn't like it, at all. Turnabout Big Top is a close second.

Oh Hai Der CyberBlastoise :3
Didn't know you were an AA fan :/
Blaziken>Blastoise

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yo.

Nickname: My username, really. =p
Why do you want to join? Because I like the games! =p Played all of them bar the second investigations (for obvious reasons... -_-) and it's certainly one of my favourite game series. Also the only other fandom besides Pokemon I've done a fic for thus far.
Character claim: I bet all the ones I liked in particular are already taken. =( No wait, I don't see any mention of Godot, so I'll take him. =p (Darn you Jeff and your taking of Gumshoe! =p)

I may do other questions later but Justice for All's cases were less interesting for me that others, such as concert one. Hnng, watching that same video over and over...

Meowth City

Staff member
Welcome, bobandbill. You and your claim have been added to the list. Thank you for joining the club. What a surprise, I didn't know you liked the series. Ah-hah, I see in your sig that you have a fanfic named 'Turnabout Assumptions'. Hmm, I wonder... *goes to read it*

Anyway, time for a new question:
Do you use the microphone feature?
Yes, I do sometimes. It's quite handy as I own a DS mic headset that makes it easy to read my voice, so I just love to shout Objection every now and then.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
This thread can't die!

Oh, Bobandbill, I think that the concert case is actually in Apollo Justice, not Justice for all...

No, it seems a bit gimmicky to me. I just use the buttons. =P

3lmi

pimping aint easy

I didn't use the microphone features because I thought my microphone was broken until JFA ending...

I used it for the first case of T&T but then it got annoying, but I always use it during forensics in Apollo Justice (saves so much time).

Meowth City

Staff member
This club needs more activity *uses a Revive*

So, let's have another question.

What Ace Attorney-related (real or imaginary) Christmas present would you most like to receive?
No question, I would love to have AAI2 and/or Layton vs. Wright.
Oh, and I wouldn't mind a 3DS to play it on x)

Fenix

Tremulant
Nickname: Fenix
Why do you want to join? Long time AA fan and because meowth_city asked.
Character claim: Godot is my favourite but since he's taken I'll go with my 2nd favourite, Miles Edgeworth.

What Ace Attorney-related (real or imaginary) Christmas present would you most like to receive?
Layton vs. Wright definitely.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh, Bobandbill, I think that the concert case is actually in Apollo Justice, not Justice for all...
Ah yeah, mistake on my part. Silly Justice word reappearing. =p

No, I just stick with the buttons. Don't feel the need to shout objection or take that or whatnot myself, but at least it is optional.

Naturally AAI2 in english or that Layton vs Wright game, assuming it also comes out in english.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Nickname: Asuka
Why do you want to join? Been getting back into AA big time lately. Don't ask me why, just roll with it, I guess.
Character claim: Mia Fey, and I am extremely surprised she's not taken yet!

Time to be edgy and different and say, along with AAI2... I want an Apollo Justice sequel, dammit.

Meowth City

Staff member
Welcome, new members. Thank you for joining us. You and your claims have been added to the first post.

Merrry Christmas, everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.