• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adopt-A-Newbie Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angeling

true love
aanavm3.png

Thanks for Revenant Nightmare for the banner.

Well, as Jasmine said before: Feeling generous today? Care to give the newbies a place to live? Adopt a forum newbie today!

The point of this whole thing is to help the newbies, to show them the ropes, and tell them what you know. For the newbies, this was designed so that you would not feel nervous or alone upon joining this large forum community. You can find an SPPf elder to help you get acquainted with the place, either from the list under 'Adopters' or finding one around the forum who's been here for AT LEAST three/3/03 months.

Owner: Eefi-chan.

Assistants: Chelc. Listen to her or you'll be kicked out/banned from the agency (thread).

Rules:

For the SPPf elders who want to adopt;
1. When you sign up, you'll go through an inspection process to make sure you're suitable for adopting a new person.
2. You must use good English grammar and preferrably good spelling.
3. You must follow the rules.
4. Be polite.
5. Be nice to people. We don't want you to be rude to your newly adopted newbie.
6. At least be registered at SPPf longer than three months. If you had an older account here, please post the username under which it was.
7. Be patient. Give your newbie time to learn.
8. Make sure you read the Offical SPP Forum Rules before adopting. We want to make sure you know what's proper to teach your newbie.
9. HAVE FUN.

For the newbies:
1. Be nice to your adopter. It's nice for that person to adopt you.
2. Be patient with your adopter.
3. Have to be at least recently registered. (I don't want a 3-year SPPfer to be adopted.) But there are exceptions to this rule, provided you give me a sufficient reason for that and there are solid evidence supporting that (e.g. user rank).
4. Try not to annoy your adopter too much, you might have lots of questions, but sometimes he or she can get frustrated.
5. At least TRY to use proper English. Many of our SPPfers get ticked off with chat speak. But comprehensible chat-speak is allowed.
6. Leet speak isn't allowed at all.
7. Have to read the Offical SPP Forums Rules before being adopted. We want the newbies to have a good idea of what we want people to behave like here at the forums.
8. Try your best to refrain from spamming. We all spam, but please, try to not.
9. HAVE FUN.

I beseech of everyone to read both sets of guidelines so that you know what you should be following as well as the other person in your mentoring pair.

If you have any problems with the newbie you adopted, or with the owner who adopted you, or if for any reason you want to stop being the adopter (owner) or the adoptee (newbie), please PM me (Eefi-chan) with your newbie or your owner's name and explain what's the problem or what you want to do.

Please refer to this to see if you are an eligible adopter. This is a Calendar Calculator. :D

Adopters and newbies, when signing up for this agency, please provide a little bit of information about yourself. I'll set two forms for the adopters and newbies underneath.

Newbies
Name you want to be called:
Dislikes:
Interests:
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want:

Adopters
Name you want to be called:
Dislikes:
Interests:
SPPf Forums you visit often:
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:

ONLY ONE NEWBIE PER PERSON!

Click on the link to read a person's information.

Adopters awaiting to adopt someone:
MonopolyMoneyBag
Ruzzy
Raito Light
DarkBlaizeken
Hakura May
Blaziken D.
Mikuru-chan
Zenigane
Emerald master
minimoose10
Chelc
deoxys_attack_mode
Kay
Jonouchi
Poke doll
Sneasel Inferno
Unown_Crazy
~Sirnight~
TrombonCosmico
DarkPersian479
blueparukia
Enperuto Rulez
Mew3
penngrade6
ZERO//.2K
Halo Warrior!
lucarioso
yutss
Brown_Bomber
§Justin§
The Mighty Wurmple
AJslashSD
Yanick
Flamegon
Eeveeking929
Kenji
once in a blue Mew
Mamoswine Power
Mare Imbrium
malikhisyam
Revenant Nightmare
Copygoo
SkyHighSwellow
Umbreon Ruler
Bao Dragonite
Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
pit-fall
LeonTrainer
Exxthus
futuramagirl
Koriinku
Fenix
Phantom_Bugsy
Darkrukario
grimmorph
Manaphy Mare
Pokemon__
Sakosimaru
Zadros
pikablue
Rabid Jigglypuff
Sammi
Suicune619
Leon
Kasumi-chan
pokefan999
sarcastic phantom
The King of Ho-oh's
ShinyManafi
Groudon lover
poke poke
Talon_Ray
FamousHunter2

Newbies awaiting to be adopted by someone:
Pomerania
DizzyWorld
Nytestryke
Bobbyh23
Oceayo
Master Trainer Morgan
lillsquirt2
MarshtompMan
TennonUtashi
PikaNoob
Copygoo
cjcouling
Houndoomchic
Rai Rai
Chocolate_Ryo-ohki
princessbura
DelilahZombie
Pokoton Returns
Swinbourn
ShacarterzOr
Halibel
Deathatron
metalblaziken
iPear
SGDH
MePhiZToPheLeS
GrayFox1991
The Hulk
EvilFairy
Electrivire24_XP
Levianth
Aggron95
Mattaknight
Diarugamon
Jewperman
Pokesomi
xFLYGONx
Roland54
HiroHero
neomew342
gothic_4_so_many_reasons
Puffy_Pokemon
Slyph
Irvin5
jack o lantern
phyzexxx
V4LOVER
Meganium100
ukgirl1972
michaelb
Inneundo
Treeko3605
SeventhMasamune
Pokemaggot
Shy Guy
Princess Sachi
benjobbb
Nidolord
10charlimit
Jax3825
drunkenshinx
darkness blade
maxx unlimited

Please, if you get adopted, or adopt someone, post it here so I can update the list.
~Eefi-chan

Last edited:

PikaPower!

Yay! First Post!

Do we need to post again if we were waiting to adopt someone in the other one that was closed?

MonopolyMoneyBag

I'm going to apply to be an adopter.

Name you want to be called: MMB
Likes: Pokemon, trading cards, most animes, game systems, some manga, Yu-Gi-Oh, math(I said math)
Dislikes: Naruto, constant chat speakers (I mean the kind that go 'Lolz wht r u doing???'), Spammers, people that ask for stuff that can be easily found on Google
Interests: See 'likes'
SPPf Forums you visit often: Almost all of them
length of time I have been here at the forums: 4 months almost, I have lurked for about a year however

Last edited:

Ampharos#1

The Kick *** duke
Post taken from other thread

Name you want to be called: Ryan or Pinch
Dislikes: reading
Interests: pokeomn video game playing and playing sport, surfing the net and watching tv
SPPf Forums you visit often: dunno yet i'll think about it
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: since yesterday (29/1/07)
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want: meah watvea i dont care

Sammi

Banned

Name you want to be called: Sammi
Likes: Dogs, computers, J-Trance, webdesign, internet, video gaming, drawing, art, glossy things XP
Dislikes: N00bs, people who type "lyk dis" or type with no capitals/ponctuation/bad grammar, ****s, annoying people, hackers, poeple who kill dogs
Interests: Creating an online game <3
SPPf Forums you visit often: Fiction, Miscellanious, Mystery Dungeon
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: A little over four months.

Also, I noticed something on the rules. On the fifth rule for the SPPf Elders, it says "on't" instead of "won't". It bugs me for some odd reason... >.>;;

Last edited:

K-os

Bullet Punch
Might as well.

Name you want to be called: Don't care, anything that doesn't offend me.
Likes: Cats, Sports, mainly Basketball and Football[soccer, for you americans]
Dislikes: N00bs, 1337 speak, animal abuse
Interests: Basketball, Drawing
SPPf Forums you visit often: Misc., Fan Art.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: *Does math* 5 1/2 months.

PM me if you're interested, I come here quite often. Too much, actually.

DarkKyogre11

Blehehehe...BLECK.
I've been registered for 3 months and 1 day, so I'd like to be an adopter:

Name you want to be called: James (or my username, I don't mind)
Likes: Games, reading, computers, being the first Dragon Gym Leader of the Serebii Wi-Fi Gym Project
Dislikes: Sport (I'm hopeless), letting people down, spammers and annoying people
Interests: Same as Likes
SPPf Forums you visit often: Diamond and Pearl Discussion, 4th Generation Discussion, General Pokemon Discussion
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 3 months and 1 day :D

Mimori Kiryu

I'll be an adopter. :3

Name you want to be called: Mimori
Dislikes: Stupid people who make stupid choices
Interests: *see likes*
SPPf Forums you visit often: Alternate Anime, Miscellaneous Discussion, Clubs, RPGs and Fan Art Requests
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 2 years and 7 months. :D Almost three years.

I'll re-thingymagijy.

Name you want to be called: Ruzzy
Dislikes: Anyone who whines, spams or is generally an annoying person.
Interests: See likes, plus- My Chemical Romance, Redwall, Hereos(the TV show), Food, Warhammer and a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Games, R/S dicussion, Fan Sprites, Fr/LG discussion, Misc. Polls.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 1 Year,5 Months, and 23 Days.

Name you want to be called: Onpu
Likes: Making graphics, talking, anime, manga, ghosts, music, drawing XD
Dislikes: Annoying people, people who can't type properly, ect
Interests: See likes
SPPf Forums you visit often: Games, Fanart, Misc. Section, SPPf Help/Newbie
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: Um, over a year

Yeah, PM me or something.

Last edited:

Angeling

true love
I'm going to apply to be an adopter.

Name you want to be called: MMB
Likes: Pokemon, trading cards, most animes, game systems, some manga, Yu-Gi-Oh, math(I said math)
Dislikes: Naruto, constant chat speakers (I mean the kind that go 'Lolz wht r u doing???'), Spammers, people that ask for stuff that can be easily found on Google
Interests: See 'likes'
SPPf Forums you visit often: Almost all of them
length of time I have been here at the forums: 2 months, I have lurked for about a year however
Actually, you just made three months and a few days, so I'll accept.

Can I adopt groudone? He's my freind at school and sent me a PM just now. If I adopt him then I don't need to write all that do I?
As long as he's a member, yes. And if you accept, then you don't need to reapply. As I said in that introduction thread, I'll just let this one pass. Gah.

Also, I noticed something on the rules. On the fifth rule for the SPPf Elders, it says "on't" instead of "won't". It bugs me for some odd reason... >.>;;[/COLOR]
Oops. I'll edit that right now. ^^ Sorry.

Otherwise, the first post will be updated right now. Two more assistances were added, and that'll be it for now.

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Name you want to be called: Raito Light. If you get to know me well, then my real name.
Likes: Pokemon, Naruto, Sarcasm, History, Geopgraphy, Trumpet-Playing, RMTing, Helping out, etc.
Dislikes: People who don't know when to shut up.
Interests: See Likes.
SPPf Forums you visit often: 4th Generation - All, Miscellaneous - All, GPD, Fan Art Request, occasionally 3rd Gen and Alt. Card
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 2 years, 4 months, ~20 days.

Angeling

true love
Added!

... Wow, only one newbie on the list so far. Oh well, still the second day that this was recreated.

Z_N-Freak

I <3 Samus Aran
What is SPPf?

I am wondering about that for an hour now =p
and I'm not a newbie. My account was deleted somehow and now I have a new one. Actual time that I have been here is about a year. Now it is like 2 or 3 days I think v.v

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
I'm sorry, we aren't playing Jeopardy. :)

...In all seriousness, please don't post here unless you have a question to ask about the Adopt-a-Newbie Agency, or if you are submitting your adopter/newbie application.

Other posts, such as yours, will be treated as spam, which as you know is against the rules. Yes, that means that you shouldn't reply to this post, even if it is to apologize.

By the way, if you'd still like to know what "SPPf" stands for (as I'm assuming you do by the way you worded your question), PM me.

DarkBlaizeken

Long time no see
I wish to adopt
call me darkblaizeken
Dislikes: spammers and flammers
forums i often visit: all of them really
I have been here since october 2006

Ok there

Name you want to be called: magtrio
Likes: Competitive Pokemon, Music, Drinking, people who don't know me, people who can punctuate properly, have half decent grammar and who can spell.
Dislikes: newbs who aren't willing to learn, people who can't spell.
Interests: skateboarding, nintendo along with my "likes"
SPPf Forums you visit often: CRMT, and I use the "New Posts" search occasionally to see some really retarded funny threads.
length of time I have been here at the forums: err, 15 months?

I'd like to adopt someone who isn't much younger than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.