• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adopt a Newbie Thread (New Management Reinstated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
OK, so I don't get any flames. Locke said I could redo it, and the assistants agreed, so I did it, and there's an explanation.

Simplebanner.png

Thanks for Wolf Goddess for the banner

Well, As Jasmine said before,
Feeling generous today? Care to give the newbies a place to live? Adopt a Newbie today!

The point of this whole thing is to help the newbies, show them the ropes. Tell them what you know. For the newbies, this was designed so that you would not feel nervous or alone. We can provide you a SPPf elder to help you get acquainted with the place.

Owner: Denryuu.

Assistants:
Eszett, PhQnix, Azmaria, and Fatal. Listen to these people, or they may ban you from adopting.

Rules:

For the SPPf elders who want to adopt;
1. When you sign up, you'll go through an inspection process to make sure you're suitable for adopting a new person.
2. You must use good English grammar and preferrably good spelling.
3. You must follow the rules.
4. Be polite.
5. Be nice to people. We on't want you to be rude to your newly adopted newbie.
6. At least be registered at SPPf longer than three months. If you had an older account here, please post the username under which it was.
7. Be patient. Give your newbie time to learn.
8. Make sure you read the Offical SPP Forum Rules before adopting. We want to make sure you know what's proper to teach your newbie.
9. HAVE FUN.

For the newbies:
1. Be nice to your adopter. It's nice for that person to adopt you.
2. Be patient with your adopter.
3. Have to be at least recently registered. (I don't want a 3-year SPPfer to be adopted.)
4. Try not to annoy your adopter too much, you might have lots of questions, but sometimes he or she can get frustrated.
5. At least TRY to use proper English. Many of our SPPfers get ticked off with chat speak. But comprehensible chat-speak is allowed.
6. Leet speak isn't allowed at all.
7. Have to read the Offical SPP Forums Rules before being adopted. We want the newbies to have a good idea of what we want people to behave like here at the forums.
8. Try your best to refrain from spamming. We all spam, but please, try to not.
9. HAVE FUN.

I beseech of everyone to read both sets of guidelines so that you know what you should be following as well as the other person in your mentoring pair.

If you have any problems with the newbie you adopted, or with the owner who adopted you, or if for any reason you want to stop being the adopter (owner) or the adoptee (newbie), please PM me (Denryuu) with your newbie or your owner's name and explain what's the problem or what you want to do.

Please refer to this to see if you are an eligible adopter. This is a Calendar Calculator. :D

Adopters and newbies, when signing up for this agency, please provide a little bit of information about yourself.

Name you want to be called:
Dislikes:
Interests:
SPPf Forums you visit often:
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want:

ONLY ONE NEWBIE PER PERSON!
We need more adoptees! Encourage newbies to sign up here in their introduction threads.

Click on the link to read a person's information.

Adopters awaiting to adopt someone:

Akaba
Spookz
~*SeijisSeviper*~
Snaggron
Ruzzy
~Cecilia~
Sneasel Inferno
Fatal
Sapphire Pirate
Mimori Kiryu
Ninjit
Ludicolo's Depression
Ranger Registeel
[Super Fjord]
~*Pearl*~
Tashan
Shelldude
SoLaR-ScEpTiLe
Jay star
zaidbenh
Knightblazer
steelwing
?Latias?
.Crab
lightfairy475
~Alexis Laistenna~
Hikari
elekible addict
Chaotic Pink
trapezechimpanz
Ludicolo Master
dude man539
Deoxys
Locke Yggdrasill
Haruka
Ben Kenobi
Rasengan
Safyre
Onpu ?
Chaos Emerald
PikaPower!
ChaosLucarioGirl
The Mighty Wurmple
katiekitten
DarkBlaizeken
#1Hikozarufan
yougirasu
PokemonMaster216
Kal-El
Rageman
cybermew
Falthor
Cedric's Memory
Koriinku
Talon_Ray
K-os
Entei25

Newbies awaiting to be adopted by someone:

lil' red lightning
Xeres
Ash 229
Pokémon Trainer Matt
Silhouette
mrguyguy226
nibbleyDUDE
Castar
~Mini~
The Shiny Umbreon
Master Slowking
Mini
Eeveedude
lost little eevee
ayashiboi
GHASTLY
coopmon
lion6622
Fiona
The Golden nintendo fan
Po-Po-Pocchama
RHCP_Rules
SwEeTsErEnItY
Quarma
Belgian Pokemaster
Jibacoil-san
Draconian
Silvertongue
Pokemon Ranger
Polygon
Pokewiz
Jarhead423
poke poke
Umbreevee
Kibot
We_Can_Be_Heroes
Seth boy
yoursavior
BuRel
LordZero
duelest's soul
Minun2
GoldenX
heerosferret
Trainer Marla
archiedog
:~Awakening Arcanine~:
chaosofdoom2
Ichi_Bozo
duelest's soul
Pikalover
Ampharos#1
Amethyst

Please, if you get adopted, or adopt someone, post it here so I can alter the list.
-Denryuu

(and yes, I took this from somewhere. :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay,first post.

I'll adopt one,I mean,as long as its house-broken.:D

Any available?
Also they can watch the PMD special whenever.

Name you want to be called: Desperate Milotic/D.M for short
Likes:pokemon,Bike rides,MP3's,Yugioh cards,Milotic's, and Competitive pokemon battling.
Dislikes:SCHOOL,magikarp, and homework.
Interests:Yugioh cards,Bike rides,MP3's,pokemon,helping a poor noob.
SPPf Forums you visit often:Miscellaneous Discussion, General pokemon discussion,Pokemon anime discussion,Ruby/sapphire/emerald Discussion/Competitive/link up team rate.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:Truthfully, I have only been on for 2 months, but in that two months, I have learned alot about Pokemon (including Ev's), so I think I'm suitable for a newbie even though I haven't played to the full extent of the qualifacations.

Timezone:I live in the U.S(central time)

Do I Qualify?

Last edited:

pokefan

do we have to repost our info?if so here's mine

Name you want to be called:either scott or pokefan
Dislikes:idk i don't really dislike that many things
Interests:ghosts,anything morbid and/or macabre,greek mthology
SPPf Forums you visit often:d/p , clubs,miscellaneous,anime,path to d/p,games
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums:9 months and 19 days
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want:

Last edited:

Raito

HADOUKEN!
For clarification, If you where here earlier under a different account, then tell me your original join date.

Usually 04 members will know the rules.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Let's Adopt a member!

Name you want to be called: T Lord
Dislikes: Swearing, General Nonacceptance of others
Interests: Tennis, Drawing, Writing, Science
SPPf Forums you visit often: Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Discussion, Fan Art, Miscellaneous Discussion, General Pokémon Discussion
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: Eight Months, Three days

ESP

ESP Used Psychic
Name you want to be called: ESP
Dislikes: Critical Hits, Spammers, lots of homework.
Interests:[See Likes]
SPPf Forums you visit often: Games, D/P, General.
length of time I have been here at the forums: 5 months 1 day :D

Last edited:

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
I was a member in 04'. I left. Account got deleted into a guest. Blah.

Name you want to be called: Akaba, Jackson, Ace, Tyler, Hart.

Likes: Girls, hats, sports, girls, sleeping - teenage stuff

Dislikes: Homework, boring stuff, school - teenage stuff that we hate.

Interests: Writing, girls, anime, sleeping, ect, ect. I'm a regular teen here.

SPPf Forums you visit often: I am the self-proclaimed by Akaba, Pokemon Anime Forum King. So yeah, Poke Anime, Alternate Anime, Alternate Manga, Misc, ect.

For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: Ah, with the last account and this account...

I...don't...know,

I'm a teenager. Math confuses me.

Spookz

Lumos
*shrug*

Name you want to be called: Spookz is fine. :)
Likes: Open-minded people, music, anime (dur xD), food?, reading, burning incense.. comfortable socks. :D
Dislikes: Horrible grammar/spelling, Closed-minded people, know-it-alls and suck ups.
Interests: Religions, History (The World Wars and ancient in particular), Vampires, Technical Theatre
SPPf Forums you visit often: Miscellaneous, Fan Art, and sometimes Alternate Anime/Manga.
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: About a month over two years, if I remember correctly.

Atari

Did it on 'em
I never filled out a form for the last one, so maybe I sould try this one out:

Name you want to be called: Seiji or Seijis would be fine.

Talking about Pokemon and their characteristics
RPG's [Some Games Include Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy (IV :p), ect. I also enjoy the typed kind in the forum, but I don't usually join them very often...]
Anime/Manga [There are many different series I love. Some include Midori Days, DNAngel, Naruto, Pokemon (Well, of course :p), Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, AzumangaDaioh, FullMetalAlchemist, .HACK]
Drawing Doujinshi!
Zangoose and Seviper :3

Dislikes: SPAMmers [as in, the people who can't type a single post up without saying something stupid...]

Interests: [See Liikez]

SPPf Forums you visit often: Fan Art Requests, Games, Misc. Discussion, Pokemon General

For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: I have been a member for one year and ninty seven days exact.

I hope to get a newbie who likes at least one or two of what I like... And doesn't like to SPAM. :p Also, I love to recieve PM's from people and stuff, so don't hesitate to click the "Send a PM" Button if one of you guys need help on something. ^^

Last edited:
Can someone adopt me? I still have a lot to learn, but i am not nessacery a newbie.

Name you want to be called: pokeman4ever or p4e
Age: 11 (my birthday is NOT on Sep. 11 or whatever. Someone hacked it, probably my brother, i always leave it on remember me)
Dislikes:Cheat Codes/Cheating!!!
Interests: Drawing and Gameboy
SPPf Forums you visit often:R/S/E and D/P
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: N/A
For the Newbies; what type of SPP Elder I want: Someone Nice!

Last edited:

pokemondude

Ima chargin ma lazor
can i be adopted? I just joined forums today.

name:Addison or anything you wanna call me
dislikes:homwork
gpa (grade point averag):straight A's since kindergarten

Last edited:

Hiro xd

Charge at 3! 3!
I would love to adopt a newbie! I like to help new people:

Name you want to be called: Hiro, Hi
Likes: Hyperness, food, sports, swimming, water, beaches, anime (Megaman, Naruto, Pokemon, Digimon and others), tv shows, manga, video games, DS, SP, Advance, Colour.
Dislikes: Bullies, evil people, brutal people, lazy folks.
Interests: Drawing, Gameboy, Comptuer, Reading.
SPPf Forums you visit often: Fan Art, Anime, Manga, Fan Fiction
For the Adopters; length of time I have been here at the forums: 1 year and a month

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
I'll take anyone...anyone.

This is the chance of a life time people. Sign-up quick. Whoever wants to be cool to the max of smexy glasses need to sign the pwetty form.

Nice form by the way...it is very...very form-like.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Akaba, it'd help if the thread wasn't clogged up. Just letting you know in the future. They'll come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.