• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict Thread

Blazios

I believe the old thread is now dead.

Just wanted to know who else has this game and what they thought of it. I am currently stuck on the level after that village with that Fanatic in it. I think it is Chapter 20. I love the darker approach the game now has, and the CO powers being less broken. Some of the music is very good, and I think the killer plant virus is an amazing idea.

Anyway, discuss.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Heh, I'm struggling with Mission 14, where O'Brian has to take on Carter. His damn carrier always causes problems and the sheer numbers annoy me.

Rave

Banned
I beat the whole story mode already.

I'm busy on the trial maps.

Blazios

I found that Feline Basin was a really odd trial map, because you can just build a Bike to capture their HQ, while building other units to use as shields. I beat it in 5 days and got 396 points.

I haven't play this yet, but the character concept designs are freakin awesome. Especially Waylon, Tasha, and Brenner

Rave

Banned
The character designs are also something I liked about this game.

The artwork I liked most are the weapons and the units used in the game. I especially like how it looks like when you fight with the air units.

mewfanforlife

I have the game and got stuck somewhere in the twenties. I'm on the fight where that Giant Bomber can move freely. I always get bombed right at the start before I can space my units out well.

Blazios

I did Chapter 20 and got Finn, I might try and finish off Sigismundo this evening. I have a basic strategy set out.

Rave

Banned
I have the game and got stuck somewhere in the twenties. I'm on the fight where that Giant Bomber can move freely. I always get bombed right at the start before I can space my units out well.

Thats quite easy really.

The bomber tends to attack where a group of units are set up at.

Build lots of rigs and pile them up in one area. They'll be targeted for sure. The bombing won't last too long on the map.

mewfanforlife

Thats quite easy really.

The bomber tends to attack where a group of units are set up at.

Build lots of rigs and pile them up in one area. They'll be targeted for sure. The bombing won't last too long on the map.

Thanks for the advice. That should help when I have some time to play it.

Blazios

Just did a really good Wi-Fi battle. I was about to win, but the turn limit ended the match in a draw.

Argh...I got the Orange Box instead of AWDS2 cuz my friend told me too...I shoulda got this game instead...I've been playing since AW2...and now I may never get to play this installment...

Blazios

Bit bored ATM because every Wi-Fi battle was pretty much my Mega Tanks vs my opponents Mega Tanks. I won nearly every match.

I got up to level 25 last night, and as people have stated (I think you did, too, Rave), this is where it starts to get tough. ;d

I love this game so much, especially the story of it. All these threats to your main group, plus the story from chapter 14 onwards gets particularly interesting, especially once you finish off Greyfield.

fhqwhgads

Rave

Banned
Wha...shoulda gotten this, Advance Wars doesn't stay on shelves for very long, and if you don't buy around launch, you may never find one for a while.

Amazon and eBay are good places to go to.

Wha...shoulda gotten this, Advance Wars doesn't stay on shelves for very long, and if you don't buy around launch, you may never find one for a while.

Hmm...Guess I was lucky when I found Advance Wars: Dual Strike about a year after it's release then.