• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Adventure of Adventureness

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 8: The Chapter After The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long-

"OH, CAN IT ALREADY!" roared Jack. "That gag got old in Chapter 7, for crying out loud!

"Jack?"

"WHAT?!"

"Didn't you notice something?" asked the narrator.

"You mean, aside from the fact that Missingno. Master fails at making chapter titles?"

"Yes. We didn't crash into that brick wall we were on a collision course with at the end of the last chapter."

"Huh!" Jack turned around and looked back. There was the brick wall, as solid as ever. Or was it? Jack walked up to it, and tried to touch it. However, his hand went straight through the wall!

"It's a hologram!" exclaimed the narrator. "We must be going the right way, why else would there be a holographic brick wall here?"

At that point, Croagunk came bounding through the hologram, and prepare to Poison Jab the narrator. Then, it froze absurdly in mid-Jab, apparently just realizing that its trainer hadn't complemented himself and that he had joined the chase out of boredom.

Jack looked around the hallway. On this side of the holographic brick wall, there was nothing, except for a door standing at the very end of the hallway. Jack walked towards this door, and made to pull it open.

"What are you doing?!" demanded the narrator. "It could be a trap!"

"Or it could be a flight of stairs," retorted Jack, "Unless you want to go back to my original plan of punching you through the ceiling?"

At this, the narrator dashed over and opened the door himself. Beyond it indeed stood a flight of stairs.

"Piece of cake," grinned Jack, as he led the way up the stairs. However, Jack's grin faded as he saw that the stairs only led to the third floor, and to yet another loooooooooooooooooooooooong hallway. Jack then turned around and glared at the narrator.

"What?!"

"Did you really need to make the word 'long' that, well, long?"

"It emphasizes the point." Jack shook his head and started down the hallway. Not too long after, they saw to their left a door. Upon it was painted a strange symbol. It was a large circle. The right half was red, and the left half was white. Dividing the halves was a zigzag going right down the middle.

"...the hell?" wondered Jack.

"It looks like... a really strange Poké Ball," commented the narrator.

"Or a blind Voltorb on crack," responded Jack.

At that moment, however, the door opened, and a person walked out. And now, to Jack and the narrator, there could be no question as to the reasoning for the door's emblem. For the man who walked through the doorway had a very distinctive feature- an unnaturally large afro, with the same coloration and design of the door's symbol. The man was very tall, moreso than either Jack or the narrator, and was also very skinny. His eyes were obscured by a pair of overly-fancy glasses, and his suit was studded with gold sequins.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" inquired the man. "The short fuse Jack and the big ego narrator. Oh, how wonderful that the two of you happened to pass by."

Still stunned by the appearance of a man with an afro that had to weigh more than the rest of him, Jack stuttered, "B-b-but, who or what are you?"

"I? I am the fabulous Miror B., former administrator of the criminal syndicate Cipher!"

"You DO realize that Pokémon Colosseum was a fictional game, right?" asked Jack.

"Indeed I do. And once I had found out, I was ever so dejected. But then, Missingno. Master decided to write me into this story. However, this is not by any means the first time I have been written into a work of fiction. Perchance have any of you read "The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum?"

Jack and the narrator shook their heads simultaneously.

"Well, I was in that masterpiece of comedy gold, but as I was rather integral to the plot of the game in any case, I was bound to be written in. Now, however, I was not necessary at all to this plot, and yet I find myself staring at the two of you."

After a brief silence, Jack started talking. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Afro-Zilla, but we got an author to massacre. It's been wierd!"

However, Miror B. took a couple of large strides past Jack and barred his way. "Oh, no, no, no, you do not!" he declared. "I have been written into this story with specific instructions. I was told to stop the two of you from proceeding, by any means necessary!" And he reached into his afro and pulled out two Poké Balls, one in each hand.

"We shall do battle, right here, right now!" declared Miror B. "The two of you against me. And then, he put both Poké Balls in his left hand, and with his right, pulled a pen out of his afro, and wrote on the wall to his right:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHFc-gIeI&feature=related"

Jack stared at the seemingly nonsensical scribbles. "What the hell?" he asked. Then the words vanished completely. "What the HELL?!" screamed Jack. At that moment, a panel slid open in the wall, revealing a screen. On it, a YouTube video began playing. The video consisted of a picture of a strange Pokémon, which looked to Jack like an extremely strange combination of a pineapple, a duck, and a sombrero.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" demanded Jack.

"Let the music play!" declared Miror B.

As if on cue, the video's music track started. A festive salsa beat resonated throughout the hallway. Miror B. threw both Poké Balls. Out of each ball came a Pokémon identical to the Mexican pineapple duck on the screen. Upon hearing the music, the Pokémon began to dance energetically. The narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards and pulled out one.

"Ludicolo, the Carefree Pokémon. If it hears festive music, it instantly breaks out into a dance. This dancing seems to improve its battling capabilities."

Ignoring him, Jack threw a Great Ball. Following suit, the narrator tossed a Poké Ball. In flashes of light, Primeape and Chatot appeared, both of them quite confused about the salsa music, the Ludicolo before them, and the unrealistic afro of the Ludicolo trainer.

"Chatot, use your Air Cutter!" called the narrator.

"Awwk! Whatever!" responded Chatot. He then began flapping his wings, sending waves of sharp, cutting air at the Ludicolo. They did not break step, but did wince a bit.

"Ludicolo, do a Rain Dance!"

The Ludicolo changed their dance ever so slightly, causing dark clouds to appear just below the ceiling. Then, quite suddenly, it started to rain.

"Primeape," called Jack, "Use Brick Break!"

"I don't think so," retorted Miror B. "Ludicolo, the one facing Primeape, use ThunderPunch!"

Primeape began dashing towards one of the Ludicolo, ready to deliver a crushing chop. However, the Ludicolo danced closer to Primeape, and deftly delivered an electrified punch before Primeape even had a chance to bring its hand down. This took the wind out of Primeape, and knocked it back.

"Now, the other Ludicolo, assault that Chatot with your Ice Punch!"

"Chatot, fight back with your FeatherDance!"

Sure enough, the other Ludicolo started dancing towards Chatot, ice-encased fist outstretched. Chatot, however, began flapping his wings furiously, creating hundreds of feathers out of nowhere. The stream of feathers circled Ludicolo, disorienting it somewhat.

"Get out of those feathers, Ludicolo! Fury Swipes!" called Miror B., who was also dancing to his own battle music. Obediently, Ludicolo began slashing at the swirling feathers, taking them down instantly.

Jack was immensely frustrated. Neither Ludicolo looked tired in the least. In fact, neither one looked as if they had taken any damage at all!

"Primeape, Fury Swipes!"

"Chatot, Aerial Ace!"

Simultaneously, the two Pokémon started on Ludicolo, Primeape slashing furiously, Chatot zooming at high speed. Miror B. ordered both Ludicolo to dance out of the way. However, they could not do so fast enough, and both attacks connected. The Ludicolo began wincing in pain, but this didn't last long. Within seconds, they were dancing once more, looking perfectly fine.

"Of course!" gasped the narrator.

"What? What is it?" snapped Jack.

"Rain Dish!"

"Excuse me?"

"Rain Dish!" repeated the narrator. "Both of these Ludicolo have Rain Dish as their ability! They regain health in the rain, which is why they can just shrug our attacks off! Chatot! Sunny Day!"

"Awwk! One Sunny Day coming up!" replied Chatot. He opened his beak and fired a white beam of energy into the rain clouds, instantly making them vanish. The Ludicolo were still dancing, but now they looked annoyed. Miror B., however, was smiling.

"Oh, bravo. Very nice indeed. But here's the thing- I knew you would try and interfere with our strategy. I've already planned for this! Solarbeam now!"

Jack and the narrator could only watch in horror as the Ludicolo instantly fired off powerful beams of light from their pineapple...head...things. The attacks hit Chatot and Primeape squarely. Both Pokémon fell to the ground. Miror B. smiled, thinking he had won. Just then, Primeape began giving off a red aura. It got up off the ground, shaking with immeasurable anger. Its eyes were glowing red. Now it was Jack's turn to smile.

"What in the world?" inquired Miror B.

"My Primeape's ability," said Jack, "is Anger Point. That Solarbeam must have scored a critical hit. Now Primeape's Attack stat is off the charts! Primeape, Fury Swipes!

Primeape responded by roaring loudly and leaping towards both Ludicolo. However, instead of scratching them, it started punching, kicking, and headbutting. Jack looked on at the melee in confusion.

"That's not Fury Swipes!"

"No, indeed!" commented the narrator. Meanwhile, Chatot had begun to stir.

"Squaaawk! That's Close Combat!"

At that point, Primeape stopped thrashing the Ludicolo, both of whom were laying on the ground, unconscious, yet somehow still twitching to the beat of the music.

Miror B. returned both Ludicolo to their Poké Balls, and returned them to his afro. Then, he pulled two more Poké Balls out of his afro and threw them.

"Oh, NO!" screamed Jack. For out of these Poké Balls came another duo of Ludicolo. These Ludicolo began dancing festively to the salsa beat.

"Awwk! He had MORE?!" screeched Chatot in disbelief. Only Primeape didn't seem to care, just pleased at having two more targets to destroy. Jack noticed this and smiled.

"Do your stuff, Primeape! Close Combat!"

"Oh, no you don't! Double Fire Punch!"

Both Ludicolo made fists, which then caught fire. In simultaneous motions, they then danced towards Primeape, and punched it hard. Primeape slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"What the HELL?!" demanded Jack.

"Well, first, Close Combat lowers the user's defenses," said the sexy narrator, quickly sidestepping as Croagunk emerged from its ball, lunged at the narrator, missed, and instead Poison Jabbed one of the Ludicolo, who fainted instantly. "Second, Fire Punch is a Fire move, which was boosted by the intense sunlight."

Miror B. looked angry now. "That's three of my Ludicolo down, but I still have this one left. I shall not lose! Razor Leaf now!" Ludicolo began dancing around, shooting razor-sharp leaves towards Chatot and Croagunk. Jack quickly threw a Poké Ball, releasing Koffing into the hallway as Chatot and Croagunk were hit by the Razor Leaf attack.

"Koffing, use Sludge!" called Jack. Koffing spewed a stream of sludge from its mouth. Ludicolo was hit by the attack, and for once stopped dancing as it attempted to move away.

"Now, Chatot, use Sky Attack!"

"Awwk! Thought you'd never ask!" Chatot became enveloped in a harsh, white glow. It then streaked towards the remaining Ludicolo, who was no longer dancing; merely looking at Chatot with a face that clearly said "oh, ****". Before Miror B. could finish ordering Ludicolo to use ThunderPunch, it was already knocked out. Scowling, Miror B. returned this last Ludicolo to its Poké Ball.

"Well, I would just love to dazzle you with the moves of two more Ludicolo..." began Miror B.-

"AWWK! NOOOOO!" screamed Chatot.

"-Except that I only had the four," finished Miror B. "I concede defeat."

"Awwk. Oh."

At this point, the YouTube video stopped. Miror B. tapped an X-shaped button on the screen with his index finger, and the screen vanished. Jack and the narrator returned all their Pokémon to their Poké Balls.

"But I wonder whatever happened to...." muttered Miror B., as he dug around in his afro, pulling out an oversize comb, a stick of butter, an extremely confused Sunkern, an old sneaker, and- a plot device!

"Ah, here we are!" exclaimed Miror B. triumphantly. "When I activate this plot device, I will win after all!" And he made to push the button. SEXY HOT NARRATOR!

In response, Croagunk emerged from its ball and readied a Poison Jab, which the narrator quickly sidestepped. The Poison Jab instead hit Miror B.'s leg, causing him to scream in pain and topple over, and drop the plot device. The narrator made a dive for it, and scooped it up. Miror B. got to his feet, scowling.

"Do you know that there is a massive hole in the butt of your pants? And that your boxers are of the most laughable shades of yellow and pink I have ever laid eyes on?" Startled, the narrator looked behind him, finally finding the huge hole that the explosion in Chapter 5 had made. Laughing to himself, Miror B. walked down the stairs, apparently content with embarrassing the narrator.

"Jack, did you know about this?!"

"Yep. That hole's been there since the end of Chapter 5, you know."

"Eh, whatever. Let's go in Miror B.'s room, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Miror B. may have a direct path to the Writing Room from here!"

"Huh," said Jack. "Never thought of that."

Together, the duo walked through the doorway into Miror B's room.

--------------------
End chapter 8.

*Jack and the narrator meet Miror B.
*Jack's Primeape is revealed to know Brick Break.
*The narrator's Chatot is revealed to know Featherdance and Sunny Day.
*Jack's Primeape is revealed to have Anger Point as its ability.
*Jack's Primeape learns Close Combat.

And if any of you haven't read The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum, I highly recommend it. Miror B. was right, it's comedy gold. And it's right here in this fanfic section!

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
At that point, Croagunk came bounding through the hologram, and prepare to Poison Jab the narrator. Then, it froze absurdly in mid-Jab, apparently just realizing that its trainer hadn't complemented himself and that he had joined the chase out of boredom.

He hasn't?! That's a first.

Still stunned by the appearance of a man with an afro that had to weigh more than the rest of him, Jack stuttered, "B-b-but, who or what are you?"

XD hard to tell right?

"You DO realize that Pokémon Colosseum was a fictional game, right?" asked Jack.

"Indeed I do. And once I had found out, I was ever so dejected. But then, Missingno. Master decided to write me into this story. However, this is not by any means the first time I have been written into a work of fiction. Perchance have any of you read "The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum?"

Glad Miror B. is in the story. Gotta love shout outs.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHF...eature=related"

Of course, a battle with Miror B. is incomplete without his music. Although I do prefer his XD-theme. The way you described the video appearing was pretty cool and Jack's response made it even better.

In flashes of light, Primeape and Chatot appeared, both of them quite confused about the salsa music, the Ludicolo before them, and the unrealistic afro of the Ludicolo trainer.

I think that's a part of his battle strategy - distraction.

Paragraph 42 said:
Then, quite suddenly, it started to rain."

Accidently put a quotation mark there. Maybe Jack should criticize the narrator for screwing up. :D Wow, Miror B.'s actually a better battler than I gave him credit for in Colosseum and XD. And so is Jack... actually this is the first real trainer battle of the series right? *looks back* no wait, I forgot about the Porygon guy.

said the sexy narrator, quickly sidestepping as Croagunk emerged from its ball, lunged at the narrator, missed, and instead Poison Jabbed one of the Ludicolo, who fainted instantly

That's convenient, and I honestly thought we would finally go through a chapter where the narrator didn't flatter himself. Of course I was wrong.

Paragraph 86 said:
And he made to push the button."
Another misplaced quotation. That or you forgot the second one after narrator.

That was clever of the narrator - I never thought complimenting himself would come in handy like that. I did start reading Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum but I fell behind. I just need to find the time to read everything I missed.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Fixed those mistakes. They were mistakes on my part, not the narrator's.

I actually got the idea for providing a link to a YouTube video of Miror B.'s battle music from The Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum, where the same thing was done for the Miror B. battle there. It made reading that chapter that much more epic. Actually, it was me reading that chapter that inspired me to write Miror B. into this fic in the first place.

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
I've always loved the Mirror B music. And not just the Colosseum stuff, the XD one was pretty good as well.

Another good chapter. Looks like the narrarator FINALLY harnessed the power of the sidestep...

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Love the inclusion of Miror.B, and the way you had the music going in the background was genius in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight scene, and liked that you had Primeape learn close combat.
"Ah, here we are!" exclaimed Miror B. triumphantly. "When I activate this plot device, I will win after all!" And he made to push the button. SEXY HOT NARRATOR!

In response, Croagunk emerged from its ball and readied a Poison Jab, which the narrator quickly sidestepped. The Poison Jab instead hit Miror B.'s leg, causing him to scream in pain and topple over, and drop the plot device. The narrator made a dive for it, and scooped it up. Miror B. got to his feet, scowling.

Brilliant thinking by the narrator right here. And he finally figured out the hole in his pants. All and all a good chapter. I look forward to the next one.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 9: The Revenge Of The Living Pop-Up

Jack and the narrator entered Miror B.'s room and looked around. On the left side of the room lay an extremely long bed. Instead of a pillow, the head of the bed featured a large crater-like indentation, clearly intended to hold the man's afro.

"Wow," muttered Jack. "So it's not fake."

"Either that or he just hates to take it off," murmured the narrator.

On the right side of the room was a rack, on which was hung dozens of gold sequined suits, identical to the ridiculous getup Miror B. sported in their earlier encounter. Jack then saw next to it, a desk with several drawers. Jack approached it, grabbed a drawer, and said "I'll bet you any amount of money he keeps spare pairs of glasses in here." He then pulled open the drawer. Sure enough, it was packed full of eyewear, identical to the overly-fancy specs he was wearing. Next to the desk, however, was a strange machine with six indentations and a big red button. Jack smiled. "This is a healing machine!" Immediately he and the narrator healed their Pokémon.

After several minutes of searching, however, the duo was forced to conclude that no secret tunnel or portal to anywhere existed within Miror B.'s room. As they exited the room, they saw a small Pokémon. It resembled a bag of popcorn with a face, and a small sprout growing out of it. Jack immediately recognized it as the Sunkern Miror B. pulled out of his afro in the previous chapter. Next to him, the narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards and pulled out one bearing a picture of a Sunkern.

"Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon. Sunkern live in trees and survive by drinking the dew that collect under leaves. It moves as little as possible in order to conserve energy for evolution." The narrator then went over and patted Sunkern. "Hey, there, little guy, how's it go-OWOWOWOWOWOW!"

For as soon as he began patting Sunkern, it became extremely annoyed, and fired off seeds from its mouth as if it were a living machine gun.

"THAT hurt!" remarked the narrator. Jack smiled, and held out an empty Poké Ball.

"Sunkern, you and I are gonna get along just fine. Wanna go with me?"

"Sunkern Sun!" chirped Sunkern happily. With that, it bounded forwards and collided with the Poké Ball. Instantly, the ball captured Sunkern. Jack put the Poké Ball away, and turned around to see the narrator glaring at him.

"What?"

"That thing just attacked me and you're keeping it?!"

"What about you? I don't see you releasing that Croagunk."

The narrator made to argue, but realized that Jack had a valid point.

"Come on," continued Jack. "We better get moving."

A ways down the hallway, quite suddenly, a man appeared before them. "Wah!" gasped Jack, for the man had quite literally appeared out of nowhere. The man was going bald, and was wearing a cheap suit.

"Well, howdy folks, and how'd you like to buy some athlete's foot anti-fungal cream? Made by the good folks at Totally Useless Products incorporated and- saaaay... We've met before, haven't we?"

Jack stared. The narrator, however, pulled a large book out of nowhere and flipped through it. "Ah, he's right, Jack. We did meet him before. Back in Chapter 4, see? Right here." Jack read the part in question, then did a double-take.

"Oh, OK, I se-WH-WAIT! WHAT IS THIS?!"

"It's the script for the story."

"HAVE YOU HAD THIS THE ENTIRE TIME?!"

"Yes..."

"GIMME THAT!" roared Jack, ripping the book from the narrator's hands. He flipped forwards to the part where he ripped the book from the narrator's hands. "Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here-''" At this point, Jack stopped reading.

"It's just gonna keep doing that, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Ahem," butted in the pop-up.

"Ah, yes," replied Jack. "Get out of our way before I heave you into another garbage can."

Instead of moving, however, the pop-up smiled and pulled out a Poké Ball. "I can't let you do that, Jack. Missingno. Master was very specific. Stop you and the narrator at all costs." And he threw the Poké Ball. "Hitmonlee, GO!"

In a flash of light, a Pokémon stood before Jack. It was brown in color and humanoid in shape, though with no mouth. Its legs were long and light brown. Next to Jack, the narrator pulled out the appropriate Pokémon card and began to read.

"Hitmonlee, the Kicking Pokémon. Hitmonlee stretches its legs ridiculous lengths to deliver devastating kicks. It can even target distant foes with well-aimed kicks."

Hitmonlee, however, began scratching at its feet in frustration. The pop-up looked confused. "Hitmonlee? Is your athlete's foot acting up again?" Hitmonlee nodded.

"But that makes no sense! Just minutes ago, I applied liberal amounts of athlete's foot anti-fungal cream to your feet!"

"Never buy anything advertised by a pop-up," Jack muttered to the narrator.

"Oh, whatever!" continued the pop-up. "Hitmonlee doesn't need to kick in order to battle."

Jack then threw a Poké Ball, calling out "Sunkern, go!" In a flash of light, Jack's Sunkern appeared, and faced its foe. It was at that moment that Jack realized, he didn't know Sunkern's attacks! Apart from Bullet Seed, anyway.

Sunkern, however, did not see this as a problem. Immediately, it shook the sprout emerging from its head. From the sprout fired a number of razor-sharp leaves. A Razor Leaf attack.

"Block it with Mach Punch!" called the pop-up. Hitmonlee began punching the air in front of it furiously, successfully striking down all the leaves.

"Sunkern, try your Bullet Seed!"

"Dodge it and use Bullet Punch!"

Sunkern fired a number of seeds in rapid succession. Hitmonlee expertly moved around the attack, dodging it completely, then landed a devastating punch. Sunkern was knocked back, but not out.

"Got any more attacks, Sunkern?" asked Jack. At this, Sunkern grinned, and its leaves began to glow. Then, a large, green glowing orb materialized in front of the leaves. Jack didn't need the narrator telling him so to know that this was Energy Ball.

With a yell of "SUUUUUUUNKEEEEERRRRRN!", Sunkern fired the Energy Ball. Hitmonlee braced itself for the impact.... Which never came. The Energy Ball stopped in midair, halfway towards Hitmonlee, turned around, and went straight for the narrator. Quickly, the narrator sidestepped the rogue Energy Ball, but it swerved suddenly, still hitting him. Jack then looked at Sunkern.

"You and I really are gonna get along fine."

"Sun Sunkern!"

Then Jack remembered that he was in the middle of a battle. "Alright, Sunkern, anything else?"

Sunkern nodded. Now it fired multiple globs of sludge from its open mouth. Hitmonlee wasn't so quick to dodge this, and was knocked out. Meanwhile, the narrator climbed to his feet. "Damn Energy Ball," he muttered.

Scowling, the pop-up returned Hitmonlee to its Poké Ball. "But not to worry," he grinned, "I have another Pokémon! GO!" And he pulled out a second Poké Ball and threw it.

"Oh, NO!" screamed Jack. For out of the pop-up's ball emerged an Electrode. But not just any Electrode. As soon as Jack and the Electrode saw each other, Jack knew that this was the same Electrode that tried to destroy him.

"Isn't that the same Electrode that tried to destroy us?" asked the sexy, studly, and all-around fabulous narrator. Instantly, Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball. The narrator quickly sidestepped the oncoming Poison Jab, which hit Electrode instead. Electrode immediately got angry, and began to smoke.

"Electrode! No! Not Explosion! USE THUNDERBOLT!"

But Electrode was beyond reason, and ignored its trainer's command. Thinking quickly, Croagunk picked up Electrode, and threw it straight up.

BOOM!

Electrode exploded, but the ceiling took most of the damage. Jack, the narrator, and the pop-up, had all dove to the floor. Jack got up first.

"Wow, what a hole," he murmured. For Electrode's Explosion had blasted a hole in the ceiling. In fact, it had done so for the third floor's ceiling as well!

"Convenient," smiled the studly, and as a hint for the ladies, single narrator. Croagunk, at this point, turned around and glared at the narrator. And then it began to glow!

"Uh-oh," muttered the narrator, as Croagunk began to change in size and shape. As the glowing faded, Croagunk was no more. In its place stood a Pokémon, rather taller than Croagunk had been. It greatly resembled Croagunk, but had longer arms and legs, a red sac on its neck, a blue horn protruding from its head, and its middle fingers were now long, red, and sinisterly curved.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked the narrator.

Toxicroak's right middle finger then glowed purple, and Toxicroak lunged towards its trainer. Without thinking, and with amazing speed and grace, the narrator jumped up to the third floor through the hole in the roof, then did the same thing to reach the fourth floor. Once he was safely two floors higher, he held out a Poké Ball, returning Toxicroak to it.

"HEY!" roared Jack. "WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

"Be patient, I'm trying to find a rope," snapped the narrator. "And would it kill you to say please? Oh, wait, never mind."

Within minutes, the narrator had found a rope and tossed it down to Jack. Jack returned Sunkern to its Poké Ball, then climbed up to the fourth floor. The pop-up watched all this, unable to do a thing, as both of his Pokémon were unconscious.

Up on the fourth floor, the narrator pointed out a sign to Jack. "Elevator, five miles."

"Five MILES?!" screamed Jack. "But that's ridiculous!"

"I have a plan, though," remarked the narrator. He grabbed the rope, tied one end around himself, and the other end around Jack.

"Just wait and see," replied the so-sexy-it-should-be-illegal narrator. At that point, Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, middle finger glowing, and lunged at the narrator. Immediately, the narrator began running down the hallway towards the elevator, dragging Jack with him, Toxicroak hot on their heels.

"THIS-oof-IS-ugh-YOUR-mmph-PLAN?!" gasped Jack.

"Gives me motivation," panted the narrator, as he continued to run.

--------------------
End of Chapter 9.

*Jack catches the Sunkern from the previous chapter.
*The pop-up is revealed to own a Hitmonlee and the Electrode Jack met previously.
*The narrator's Croagunk evolves into Toxicroak.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Miror B's bed makes him seem like some kind of robot. o_O Looks like Jack has a very well rounded team - and one that likes to hurt the narrator.

"GIMME THAT!" roared Jack, ripping the book from the narrator's hands. He flipped forwards to the part where he ripped the book from the narrator's hands. "Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here-''" At this point, Jack stopped reading.

This part was so amazing that I actually had to tell my sister about it. And battling a pop-up? that's just brilliant. And Croagunk's evolution was a little random but, then again, what isn't in this fic?

Up on the fourth floor, the narrator pointed out a sign to Jack. "Elevator, five miles."

"Five MILES?!" screamed Jack. "But that's ridiculous!"

"I have a plan, though," remarked the narrator. He grabbed the rope, tied one end around himself, and the other end around Jack.

"Just wait and see," replied the so-sexy-it-should-be-illegal narrator. At that point, Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, middle finger glowing, and lunged at the narrator. Immediately, the narrator began running down the hallway towards the elevator, dragging Jack with him, Toxicroak hot on their heels.

The narrator's smarter than Jack gives him credit for.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 10: Death of a Narrator

Anyone looking into a window at the fourth floor of the Dot Com Building would see an extremely strange sight indeed; a grown man in a tuxedo with a huge hole in the seat of the pants running at full speed, with a muscular ten-year old tied to him, both being chased by a Toxicroak.

The narrator couldn't keep running too much longer. Gradually he began to slow down. Jack was grateful for this; for far too long now, the narrator had been dragging him down the hallway at top speed. It was an especially uncomfortable way to travel. As the narrator slowed down, Toxicroak seized its chance, and leapt forward, stabbing the narrator's side with a poison-tipped claw.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!" screeched the narrator, in all caps and bold, as he came to a stop. Jack took this opportunity to get up.

"The next time you tell me you have a plan, remind me to beat you senseless with a shovel," groaned Jack as he got to his feet. The narrator, however, did not respond right away. He was still trying to stand up. His face now showed a rather ominous shade of purple.

"Ugh..." groaned the narrator... "Hard... to talk.... take over narration..."

"Right," replied Jack, taking over the narration. He was surprised to discover that he was actually slightly concerned about the narrator's health. After all, none of Croagunk's Poison Jabs had had this effect on him.

Croagunk. Jack turned around and stared at Toxicroak, who hadn't moved since using Poison Jab.

"Toxi?" inquired Toxicroak.

"Toxicroak..." murmured Jack. "This explains it. Toxicroak venom has gotta be much worse than Croagunk venom." At that point, the narrator got up the energy to speak again.

"...My cards..."

Jack immediately understood. He reached into the narrator's jacket pocket and pulled out a huge stack of Pokémon cards, and began shuffling through them.

"Weezing... Burmy... Qwilfish... Hitmontop... Venonat... Shedinja... Groudon... Politoed... Aha! Here we are, Toxicroak. Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, and the evolved form of-"

At that point, the narrator gave a violent cough. Jack immediately skipped down to the part that the narrator hadn't read in Chapter 2.

"Toxicroak's venom is approximately ninety-three times more potent than that of Croagunk. An afflicted human has roughly nine minutes to live- NINE MINUTES TO LIVE?!" exclaimed Jack.

"Keep.... reading..." gasped the narrator.

"An afflicted human has roughly nine minutes to live, unless an Antidote is applied to the wound," Jack finished. Wasting no time, he grabbed a Poké Ball off the narrator's belt and threw it in the air. In a flash of light, Chatot appeared, took one look at his dying trainer, and gasped.

"SQUAAAAWK! NOOOO!" wailed Chatot.

"Chatot, listen up," said Jack. "We need to do something. Toxicroak stuck your trainer with Poison Jab, and he has about seven minutes left. We need to find an Antidote, and fast."

"Well, I have an idea," said Chatot. "I can try to locate one using Supersonic."

"Do that, then," nodded Jack.

Chatot nodded, then hovered in midair and opened its beak. Waves of sound emitted from it. After several minutes, Chatot squawked in triumph.

"This way!" he cawed, and he flew off down another hallway. Jack tore after him. Toxicroak remained behind, and started sobbing.

Down the hallway Chatot zoomed, Jack not far behind. Chatot then stopped at a door labeled "Supply closet". Jack yanked on the doorknob, but it was locked tight. Wasting no time, Jack threw a Great Ball into the air, unleashing Primeape.

"Break the door down!" ordered Jack. Primeape was confused, but understood the urgent tone in its trainer's voice, and smashed in the wooden door with a well-aimed Brick Break. Within the closet, there were shelves lined with medicines.

"Awakening... Burn Heal... Paralyz Heal... Ah, here we are! Antidote!" Jack grabbed three or four Antidotes, and dashed back down the hallway, while returning Primeape to its ball.

"I got it! I got it!" called Jack, as he approached the main hallway. "I got- WHAT THE HELL?!" For when he arrived back in the hallway, instead of a sobbing Toxicroak and a dying narrator, he saw only an unconscious Toxicroak. Jack immediately ran over and shook Toxicroak awake.

"Toxicroak, what the hell happened?!"

"Croa..Croak. Toxi Toxicroak."

"Awwk," translated Chatot. "Toxicroak says all he remembers was being hit from behind and falling unconscious."

"Damn, damn, damn it!" grunted Jack. The narrator's got about four minutes left, and he's been kidnapped!"

"What do we do?!" screeched Chatot, sounding on the verge of tears.

"I have an idea," said Jack, taking out a Poké Ball. Jack held out the ball and said "Go, Sunkern!" In a flash of light, Sunkern appeared. Jack then started talking.

"Alright, Sunkern, use Energy Ball! Anywhere, on anything, it doesn't matter!"

Sunkern chirped in reply, then formed the green orb between its leaves. The orb then shot straight up, and went further down the hallway. Jack, Toxicroak, Sunkern, and Chatot all started chasing it. Further down the hallway, Jack spotted the elevator, but the Energy Ball turned to the left and started up a flight of stairs.

Up the stairs... Down another hallway.... Around a corner... BOOM!

The Energy Ball exploded as it collided with an extremely familiar afro...

"MIROR B.?!" exclaimed Jack and Chatot.

"Oh, ho, ho, so it is you! Ha, I knew that if I took your narrator friend here, that you would come after me." Just past Miror B. lay the narrator.

"Enough chitchat," cut in Jack. "He's about to die, we need to administer an antidote."

"No," said Miror B., "he is not about to die."

"Huh?"

"No, he stopped struggling about halfway up the stairs. I do believe he's dead already."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' screeched Chatot. Without further ado, Chatot flew at Miror B., and executed multiple Aerial Aces.

"What-get off! My afro!"

"YOU-KILLED-MY-TRAINER-I'LL-KILL-YOU!" roared Chatot.

Miror B. backed off. "Now wait a second! Insane Chatot were so not in the job description!

At that point, Chatot calmed down somewhat.

"I assure you," continued Miror B., "Murder was not my intent. My plan was to trade the narrator to you in exchange for you stopping your plan to attack Missingno. Master!"

Chatot gave Miror B. an angry glare, then turned around to weep over his trainer's lifeless body. He hopped onto his jacked, then squawked in pain. "Awwk! I stubbed my toe!" Curious, Jack reached into the nearest pocket, and pulled out a metal cube with a big red button.

"The plot device!" breathed Jack. "I wonder..." And he pressed the button....

---------------------
TO BE CONTINUED....

---------------------
....RIGHT NOW.

Quite suddenly, a stream of vile purple liquid burst from the narrator's mouth. With all the poison now out of his system, the narrator's eyes opened up. Immediately, Chatot and Toxicroak hugged their trainer.

"Whew," remarked the narrator. "I feel much better now. Jack, I'll take over the narration now."

"Alright," said Jack. He couldn't help supress a grin, knowing that the narrator was alright. Meanwhile, Toxicroak was talking to Chatot.

"Awwk!" said Chatot. "Toxicroak says he's sorry, and promises never to Poison Jab you again. But-"

"Alright, then, Toxicroak, apology accepted!" interrupted the devilishly handsome narrator. "ARRGH!" he gasped as he was knocked over.

"Awwk. I was about to say, 'but he didn't say anything about using Cross Chop'", finished Chatot. Jack and the narrator laughed, as they returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls. Then Jack looked around.

"Where's Miror B.?"

The narrator shrugged. "I guess he must have slipped away. But that's not important. Where are we now?"

"Fifth floor."

"Alright then, sir, let's get going." And the narrator headed down the hallway.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Elevator's right here." Jack pointed at the elevator, which was literally three or four feet away from them.

"Oh."

Jack and the narrator stood before the elevator doors. Jack pressed the button next to them, and waited. And waited. And waited.

"Sir?"

"WHAT?!" roared Jack. The two minutes they spent waiting for the elevator seemed to have sapped the last of his patience.

"I don't think that the elevator is-"

At that point, they heard a "ding!" sound. The doors opened up, revealing the interior of the elevator.

"...coming," finished the narrator.

"Yeah, yeah," said Jack. "Whatever, let's get on!"

The duo entered the elevator. Jack jabbed the button labeled "7" with his thumb.

And the lights went out.

--------------------
And end Chapter 10!

*The narrator's Chatot is revealed to know Supersonic.
*The narrator dies, but is brought back to life.
*Toxicroak stops using Poison Jab on the narrator whenever he complements himself, and uses Cross Chop instead.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
This is probably the first and only serious chapter in the whole story, even then it had it's funny moments. Still, it's a good change of pace - it's needed once in a while.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!" screeched the narrator, in all caps and bold, as he came to a stop. Jack took this opportunity to get up.

This being one of them.

Paragraph 30 said:
"Damn, damn, damn it!" grunted Jack. The narrator's got about four minutes left, and he's been kidnapped!"

Forgot a quotation mark before "narrator".

Paragraph 43 said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' screeched Chatot. Without further ado, Chatot flew at Miror B., and executed multiple Aerial Aces.

Put an apostraphy instead of a quotation mark before "screeched".

Paragraph 46 said:
Miror B. backed off. "Now wait a second! Insane Chatot were so not in the job description!

Forgot a quotation mark after "description".

These are the only mistakes I found.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Forgot a quotation mark before "narrator".

Put an apostraphy instead of a quotation mark before "screeched".

Forgot a quotation mark after "description".

These are the only mistakes I found.

All those mistakes were intentional. Remember, Jack had taken over the narration while the narrator was dead/dying, and remember, he sucks at narrating.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
All those mistakes were intentional. Remember, Jack had taken over the narration while the narrator was dead/dying, and remember, he sucks at narrating.

I thought it was, but since no one in the story called it out I assumed they weren't. Jack does suck doesn't he XD

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I thought it was, but since no one in the story called it out I assumed they weren't. Jack does suck doesn't he XD

Well, Chatot was really the only one in any position to point it out, and he was kinda more concerned about his dying trainer/trying to kill Miror B., so yeah.

EDIT: Thought I'd clarify a few points and reveal a few hints. Dunno if any of you could actually use this information, but whatever.

*Miror B. WILL be making more appearances, and so will his battle music, at least once.

*The pop-up's Hitmonlee also knows Hi Jump Kick.

*The move that the giant fighting robot's Steelix used on Croagunk and Primeape was Body Slam.

*The unnamed attack Sunkern used to knock out Hitmonlee was Sludge Bomb.

*The Pokemon whose names Jack rattled off while looking for the Toxicroak card, some of them will be making appearances.

*Several other seemingly one-off characters will be reappearing later on.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Chapter 11: Toxic Mouth Tales

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!"

"Jack, what the hell was that?!"

"That?! Um.. Uh... Nothing?"

"You can't fool me," said the narrator. "You were screaming like a little girl!"

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Prove it."

At that point, there was a brief flash of light as Chatot emerged from its Poké Ball. "Awwk! Who used Supersonic?"

"Alright, maybe it was a little high-pitched," grumbled Jack. "But hey, we are in the dark here! How was I supposed to react?"

"Might I suggest for next time a reaction that's less.... Earsplitting?"

"Oh, shut up."

"Chatot, this is getting ridiculous," said the narrator. "Use Sunny Day."

"Awwk! Will do!" squawked Chatot, firing a beam of light from its mouth. Instantly, sunlight flooded the elevator. Suddenly, and without warning, Toxicroak emerged from its ball.

"Toxi Toxicroak croak, Toxicroak." Toxicroak stated. Chatot then translated.

"Awwk! Toxicroak says that as his way of apologizing for killing you, he'd like to narrate this chapter."

"Oh, this ought to be good," said Jack.

"Alright, Toxicroak, have at it," said the narrator.

"Toxi! Toxicroak," Toxi toxi toxicroak.

Toxicroak Croak croak Toxi Toxicroak.

"Did you understand that?" Toxicroak Toxi.

"Not a word of it," Croak Toxi.

"And I thought I was a bad narrator!" Croak Toxicroak Toxi Toxicroak.

"TOXI! Toxicroak" Toxicroak Toxi Toxi Toxicroak. Tox Toxi Toxicroak Toxi Toxi croak croak Toxicroak.

"ARGH" Toxi-

"ENOUGH! Toxicroak, I'll take over the narrating again, if you please. I appreciate the gesture, but most of the readers are human."

"Croak...."

"Alright then" said the narrator. Meanwhile, Jack was still picking himself up and recovering from the Cross Chop.

"So, how do we get out of here?"

As if on cue, the entire elevator began to shake. Toxicroak and Chatot worriedly returned themselves to their Poké Balls. Then, the entire elevator became filled with a brilliant white light.

...!

The light faded. Jack and the narrator looked around in confusion. For no longer were they in an elevator. Instead, they stood at one end of a massive arena. On all sides, the stands were packed with hundreds of spectators, all cheering. Then, from a platform at the other end of the arena, came a booming voice in bold font.

"So! You have finally made it to me, Jack and the narrator! Good, good. I've been waiting for this for a long time!"

"Who the hell are you?!" demanded Jack.

"I am Missingno. Master. Your author. Your ruler! YOUR MASTER! GAHAHAHAHA!"

"Geez," remarked the narrator. "And I thought I was conceited!"

"ENOUGH!" roared Missingno. Master. "So you seek to destroy me, do you? Well, you'll have to prove your worth before you even get the chance! You shall face four of my most loyal and powerful minions in Pokémon battles. If you are skilled enough to defeat them, then I shall battle you myself."

"Eh, whatever," said Jack. "How bad could it possibly be?"

In response, a hole opened up in the other end of the arena, and a platform slowly rose up. With a jolt, Jack recognized the person on the platform as the very trainer that the narrator battled in Cyber Town!

"YOU?!" exclaimed the narrator.

"Me," replied the trainer calmly. "I've been a spy for Missingno. Master the whole time, and you never knew." Just then, Missingno. Master spoke again.

"This shall be a double batt-"

"Oh, no, no, no, you do not!"

Jack and the narrator turned around in surprise to see none other than Miror B. walking up behind them. Well, not so much walking as sort of dancing, really.

"YOU!" exclaimed the narrator.

"Now, do cool it," replied Miror B. "I've changed sides, I seek to help you now. I am now officially getting tired of being cast as the villain!"

"Very well," said Missingno. Master. "Now this shall be a triple battle! Begin!"

-------------------
End Chapter 11!

*Jack is revealed to have a fear of the dark.
*Jack and the narrator meet Missingno. Master.
*Jack and the narrator learn that the boy that the narrator battled in Cyber Town works for Missingno. Master.
*Miror B. sides with Jack and the narrator.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
"And I thought I was a bad narrator!" Croak Toxicroak Toxi Toxicroak.

"TOXI! Toxicroak" Toxicroak Toxi Toxi Toxicroak. Tox Toxi Toxicroak Toxi Toxi croak croak Toxicroak.

"ARGH" Toxi-

"ENOUGH! Toxicroak, I'll take over the narrating again, if you please. I appreciate the gesture, but most of the readers are human."

I guess not everyone can be narrator, can they?

"I am Missingno. Master. Your author. Your ruler! YOUR MASTER! GAHAHAHAHA!"

You win points in my book for the Spongebob reference. A battle against your lackies, I like this. And somehow I knew Miror B was going to change sides - glad you decided to add triple battles to this too. Battling is going to absolutely chaotic once B/W come out, I love it. :D

((Also, I noticed that I'm almost always the first one to comment after a chapter is posted... Guess that's one of the benefits of being on the PM list))

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I guess not everyone can be narrator, can they?
Jack's proved that time and time again.

You win points in my book for the Spongebob reference.))
I've always felt that Spongebob references were instant epic win.

A battle against your lackies, I like this. And somehow I knew Miror B was going to change sides - glad you decided to add triple battles to this too. Battling is going to absolutely chaotic once B/W come out, I love it. :D))
Oh, you do know about triple battles? Your sig says you want to learn as little as possible about B/W until they come out, I wasn't sure if you knew about them yet.

((Also, I noticed that I'm almost always the first one to comment after a chapter is posted... Guess that's one of the benefits of being on the PM list))
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Having said that, I had time to kill tonight, so I figured, what the hell?

Chapter 12: Let the music play!

Jack, the narrator, and Miror B. each withdrew a Poké Ball from their belt, jacket pocket, and oversized afro, respectively, Miror B.'s signature salsa music playing. Jack found that he wasn't as annoyed at this music, now that its source was now fighting alongside them. In response, their opponent plucked three Poké Balls from his belt all at once. For about a second, they stood still, the tension building. Then, all at once, six Poké Balls were flying through the air. Flashes of light all around, and the lineups were unveiled.

Jack had send out Koffing, the narrator had sent out Toxicroak, and Miror B., predictably enough, had sent out one of his ever-present Ludicolo. The spy, however, had send in three Pokémon Jack was completely unfamilier with. One had the same color scheme as a shiny Porygon2, and even the same body, but the head was turned upside down and hovering above the torso, the eyes were yellow, and what would be Porygon2's legs were this one's arms. The one in the middle was large and green, with a yellow spiral on its belly and a curl of black hair on its head. The final one resembled a green-and-blue Poké Ball with a face, a tail, and an even coating of spikes, protruding at all angles. The narrator reached into his pocket and withdrew a stack of Pokémon cards, picked out three, and read from them.

"Porygon-Z, the Virtual Pokémon, and the evolved form of Porygon2. Porygon-Z was designed to explore alien dimensions. It seems there might have been an error. Politoed, the Frog Pokémon, and the evolved form of Poliwhirl. Politoed's curly hair is proof of its status as a king. Its cries make Poliwag obey. Qwilfish, the Balloon Pokémon. Qwilfish drinks large quantities of water in order to fire its spikes. Because of its round form, it finds swimming to be somewhat challenging."

"I say, now," said Miror B., "Is that Porygon-Z shiny?"

"Yep!" exclaimed the spy. "And is your afro for real?"

"Ludicolo," sang Miror B., choosing to ignore the question, "Start with Rain Dance!"

"Toxicroak, Cross Chop!"

"Koffing, Sludge!"

Ludicolo began dancing wildly, and a downpour began in the colosseum. Toxicroak lunged towards Porygon-Z, arms crossed and glowing. Porygon-Z, however, narrowed its insane-looking eyes, recognizing Toxicroak from back in Chapter 4, and ready for revenge. Without orders, it fired a Psybeam straight at Toxicroak. Koffing, however, quickly reaimed its Sludge attack, and managed to cancel out the Psybeam. Toxicroak grinned broadly, and the Cross Chop landed. Porygon-Z was not knocked out, but it was rather winded.

"Porygon-Z, Qwilfish, use Tackle! Politoed, Doubleslap!"

Porygon-Z floated towards Toxicroak, but Qwilfish zoomed past it, bounding across the arena with unreal speed, and smashed its spikey form into Ludicolo. Ludicolo winced a bit, but resumed dancing. Politoed, meanwhile, began slapping Koffing around rapidly.

"Koffing, fight back! Use Shadow Ball!"

"Koffing!" responded Koffing, as it formed a dark purple sphere in its mouth, and immediately shot it at point blank range. Politoed croaked in agony as it skidded across the arena.

"Finish it with Thunderbolt!"

Koffing cackled madly, as it shot a jagged bolt of lightning from its body to Politoed. In a matter of seconds, Politoed was unconscious. The spy gritted his teeth as he returned it to its Poké Ball. Another thudding sound made him look around- Porygon-Z had been floored by a second Cross Chop. Now in a state of considerable panic, he returned that too. Now, all three Pokémon converged on Qwilfish, who seemed as helpless as, well, a Qwilfish out of water.

But what Jack couldn't explain was the grin that was slowly widening across its trainer's face.

"Qwilfish," he announced, "Use Poison Jab!"

With amazing speed, Qwilfish bounded across the arena, several of its spikes glowing purple. It swiftly struck Ludicolo, and it fell to the ground, much to Miror B.'s shock.

"Follow up with Water Gun!"

Qwilfish fired a blast of water from its mouth, straight at Toxicroak. However, to everyone's astonishment, Toxicroak seemed to absorb the water into its body, with no ill effects!

"Damn, should've realized," muttered the spy. "Dry Skin... Of course. Qwilfish, use your tail to jump!"

"Toxicroak, Mud Bomb, fire!"

Toxicroak immediately spewed a huge ball of mud from its mouth, straight at the airborne Qwilfish.

"AQUA TAIL NOW!" the opponent screamed over the loudness, for the crowd had begun cheering even louder as the battle intensified. With blinding speed, Qwilfish spun in midair, and its tail, which had briefly been glowing blue, collided with the Mud Bomb, causing it to explode back on Toxicroak. For about a second, it stood there, almost stupidly, covered in mud. Then it fell over.

Miror B. and the narrator made to throw new Poké Balls, but Missingno. Master called out, "Uh, uh, uh! Each of you are only allowed ONE Pokémon per battle!"

Jack gulped. It was all up to Koffing now. "Alright, Koffing, give it all you got! Use Thunderbolt!"

"KOFFING!" bellowed Koffing, as it unleashed a bolt of electricity. However, the opponent swiftly ordered Qwilfish to use Bounce, and Qwilfish responded with even more swiftness. It leapt into the air, avoiding the Thunderbolt completely.

"Jack!" exclaimed the narrator. "Qwilfish's ability- it has to be Swift Swim! There's no other way it could move that fast!" Jack nodded curtly, then realized something else. Qwilfish may not be the only one benefitting from the rain...

"Qwilfish, use Aqua Tail!"

Qwilfish, still in the air, streaked down towards Koffing, tail glowing blue. Qwilfish turned around, preparing for impact. Jack didn't know if this would work, or if his Koffing even knew how to do this. But it had to be done.

"Koffing, use-"

BAM!

Before Jack could get all the words out, Koffing had been struck down by a powerful Aqua Tail. It skidded backwards across the arena, and struggled to get up.

"Koffing, get up, please!" exclaimed Jack. At this, the narrator turned around and looked at Jack in astonishment. For Jack had just used the word "please" without passing out. At this word, Koffing's eyes snapped open, and it began to glow. As it glowed, it rose into the air and changed shape.

"Is it..?" asked Miror B.

"It's evolving!" exclaimed Jack.

As the glow faded, the resulting Weezing let out a roar, and stared down a rather surprised Qwilfish.

"Weezing, the Poison Gas Pokémon, and the evolved form of Koffing. Weezing gladly feasts upon the gases and bacteria given off by rotten garbage. It invades unkempt houses and goes through the garbage at night." read the narrator off a card.

"Weezing," said Jack, "Are you still good to go?"

At this, Weezing turned around, and both heads winked and smiled at Jack. Jack returned the grin.

"All right, then Weezing, use Thunder!"

To Jack's immense delight, Weezing unleashed a massive bolt of lightning into the sky, which immediately zoomed back downwards and struck Qwilfish dead on.

"No! Qwilfish! Use Flail!"

Qwilfish began struggling and squirming, but to no avail. As the Thunder attack subsided, Qwilfish slowly rolled on its side, charred, smoking, and clearly unable to battle. At this point, Miror B.'s music stopped, as did the rain.

"DAMN IT" roared the spy in all caps. He returned Qwilfish to its Poké Ball, turned straight around, and returned to his platform, which slowly lowered itself back into the ground.

"Oh, bravo," announced Missingno. Master. From where he was, he was entirely encased in shadow, but he sounded like he may have been smiling. "Yes, very nice. Clearly your feelings for your Pokémon were what caused Koffing to evolve. You're not known for politeness, Jack."

"However," he continued, "Let's see how far your feelings will get you this time! Bring in the second opponent!"

Jack looked at the hole on the other end of the arena, expecting another trainer to pop up. Instead, almost everyone in the crowd began gasping, screaming, and pointing upwards. Jack followed their gaze, while his jaw succumbed to the law of gravity. For coming down from the sky, propelled by rockets, was none other than the giant fighting robot. It landed on the opposite end of the colosseum with an earsplitting crash, and yelled in all caps,

"DESTROY JACK, THE NARRATOR, AND MIROR B.!"

"Oh, poopy," squeaked the three people named by the robot.
--------------------------
End Chapter 12!

*The spy's Shiny Porygon2 is revealed to have evolved into Porygon-Z.
*The spy is revealed to own a Qwilfish and a Politoed.
*Jack's Koffing is revealed to know Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt.
*The narrator's Toxicroak is revealed to have Dry Skin as its ability.
*The narrator's Toxicroak is revealed to know Mud Bomb.
*Jack's Koffing evolves into Weezing.
*Jack's Weezing is revealed to know Thunder.
*The giant fighting robot returns.

Last edited:

mattman324

aka Shiny_Feraligatr
Niiiiice. Mirror B. becomes a good guy, and minor characters show up for revenge. I bet that the Rayquaza comes back during the EPIC conclusion.

Also, I helped jumpstart this thing back up. That's important.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Niiiiice. Mirror B. becomes a good guy, and minor characters show up for revenge. I bet that the Rayquaza comes back during the EPIC conclusion.
Rayquaza was initially gonna be the first opponent instead of the guy with the shiny Porygon-Z. But don't worry, I got plans for it.

Also, I helped jumpstart this thing back up. That's important.
True. Very, very true.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Wow, I'm actually not first this time.

Oh, you do know about triple battles? Your sig says you want to learn as little as possible about B/W until they come out, I wasn't sure if you knew about them yet.

Yeah, it's one of those things "I found out by accident". Plus, my friend was telling me about it at work. The thing I'm avoiding the most is the actual Pokemon themselves, the maps and what the storyline of the game is. The other things won't affect my gameplay experience that much.

"Yep!" exclaimed the spy. "And is your afro for real?"

"Ludicolo," sang Miror B., choosing to ignore the question, "Start with Rain Dance!"

Guess he took offense to that. ((And I still prefer his XD theme but the salsa one works with this story's mood :D))

Miror B. and the narrator made to throw new Poké Balls, but Missingno. Master called out, "Uh, uh, uh! Each of you are only allowed ONE Pokémon per battle!"

Jack gulped. It was all up to Koffing now.

If we couldn't trust Jack to keep his Shiny Rayquaza how could we trust Jack to beat that ridiculously powerfull Qwilfish?!

However, the opponent swiftly ordered Qwilfish to use Bounce, and Qwilfish responded with even more swiftness.

This made my chuckle.
I just noticed that you seem to have a liking for Poison-type Pokemon, am I right?

"No! Qwilfish! Use Flail!"

Qwilfish began struggling and squirming, but to no avail.

Did you mean to rhyme this two lines? It sounds good.

Also, I thought you were bolding the lines where your character speaks like in the last chapter - in this chapter that doesn't happen at all.

I'm guessing this is the 'all-the-previous-bosses-come-back-to-fight-you-one-last-time' part of the story, right?

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Yeah, it's one of those things "I found out by accident". Plus, my friend was telling me about it at work. The thing I'm avoiding the most is the actual Pokemon themselves, the maps and what the storyline of the game is. The other things won't affect my gameplay experience that much.
Ah, alright, then.

Guess he took offense to that. ((And I still prefer his XD theme but the salsa one works with this story's mood :D))
Miror B. likes his afro.

If we couldn't trust Jack to keep his Shiny Rayquaza how could we trust Jack to beat that ridiculously powerfull Qwilfish?!
Well, it doesn't exactly help when the Master Ball is disentegrated by a plot device, now does it?

This made my chuckle.
I just noticed that you seem to have a liking for Poison-type Pokemon, am I right?
Yep. Love 'em. Weezing's my favorite Pokemon, actually, and Qwilfish isn't far behind.

Did you mean to rhyme this two lines? It sounds good.
Didn't mean to rhyme them, but you're right. Does sound good.

Also, I thought you were bolding the lines where your character speaks like in the last chapter - in this chapter that doesn't happen at all.
In the last chapter, I was kinda yelling most of my lines. Here I was just speaking rather normally.
I'm guessing this is the 'all-the-previous-bosses-come-back-to-fight-you-one-last-time' part of the story, right?
Well, in a sense. The third opponent hasn't actually battled them before.

Chapter 13: The Revenge of the Generic Giant Fighting Robot

Miror B. turned to his two newest allies and exclaimed,

"He's pitting us against a giant fighting robot?!"

"So?" interrupted Missingno. Master. "The Dinkleburgs have one- I mean, this will be a triple battle, begin!"

The giant fighting robot lifted its right arm and made a fist. Only Miror B. braced himself, but Jack and the narrator both knew that a hole was about to open up in the fist, unleashing three Poké Balls. Sure enough, a hole opened up in the fist, unleashing three Poké Balls. As the balls hit the ground, they exploded open in a flash of light, unveiling Metagross and Steelix, as well as another Pokémon that resembled a UFO. Several magnets and screws protruded from odd points on its body. The narrator then shuffled through his cards, until he pulled out one that matched the Pokémon.

"Magnezone, the Magnet Area Pokémon, and the evolved form of Magneton. It evolved as a result of exposure to a special magnetic field. A group tried to make Magnezone evolve, but they failed miserably." Miror B., Jack, and the narrator then each took out a Poké Ball and threw it.

"Ludicolo, let's dance!"

"Weezing, go!"

"Chatot, take to the skies!"

In flashes of light, Weezing and Chatot appeared, alongside another of Miror B.'s Ludicolo. Miror B. spoke first.

"Ludicolo, use Rain Da-"
"NO!" exclaimed the narrator. "I'll bet anything that that Magnezone knows Thunder! Chatot, Sunny Day!"

"Awwk! Break out the sunblock," cawed Chatot as it fired a beam into the sky, "It's gonna be a scorcher!" Immediately the sun intensified. It became brighter and hotter. Miror B. then grinned.

"Oh, I see where this is going," he grinned. "Ludicolo, Fire Punch!"

"Weezing, Flamethrower!" added Jack.

Ludicolo dashed towards Steelix, and made to punch it.

"STEELIX! YOU IS CRUSH THEM! USE BODY SLAM!"

Steelix stood tall, then made to fall on Ludicolo. However, Weezing swooped in and blasted it with twin streams of fire, making it fall the other way. It hit the ground with a great crash, and struggled to get up. Meanwhile, the robot continued.

"METAGROSS! USE SLUDGE BOMB! MAGNEZONE! USE TRI-ATTACK!"

Metagross opened its mouth and spewed a barrage of sludgy orbs at Chatot, while Magnezone fired a great, glowing triangle at Weezing.

"Oh, no, no, no, you do not!" called Miror B. "Ludicolo, SolarBeam!"

Ludicolo quacked menacingly, as it fired a beam of light instantly from its pineapple.... head.... thingy. "Damnit," grumbled the narrator as the Solarbeam neatly negated both oncoming attacks, "I still don't know what that thing's called!" Ludicolo, however, fired off another SolarBeam, this time at Steelix, who was still struggling to get up. Then the SolarBeam hit it, and Steelix moved no more.

Emboldened by this success, Jack ordered Weezing to use Flamethrower on Magnezone. Weezing swooped in, and fired blasts of flame straight at Magnezone.

"HAW HAW! MAGNEZONE, MIRROR COAT!" roared the robot. Magnezone immediately glowed purple, and the flames rebounded, and started heading straght for Weezing.

"Nice try, you steam-driven pile of junk! Weezing, Smog!"

Weezing groaned as it sprayed thick clouds of black smoke from its pores and mouth. The cloud of Smog reacted with the flames, causing it to explode back on Magnezone, knocking it out.

"WHO YOU CALLING STEAM-DRIVEN?!" roared the robot, returning Steelix and Magnezone to their Poké Balls. "METAGROSS! METEOR MASH!"

Metagross flew straight at Chatot, front right leg glowing brightly. All of the sudden, Chatot flew up into the air, and flapped his wings furiously. A red haze flew forth from the wings, and stopped Metagross where it flew.

"Chatot!" exclaimed the narrator. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Awwk! Yes it is! As long as you're thinking that I just learned Heat Wave, anyway!"

"Meta..." groaned Metagross. The Heat Wave attack stopped it in its tracks, and it was struggling to get up.

"METAGROSS! PSYCHIC!"

"Jack, Miror B.! Quick! Fire moves are boosted in power in intense sunlight!" exclaimed the narrator. "Chatot, Heat Wave!"

"Weezing, Fire Blast!"

"Ludicolo, Fire Punch!"

Metagross screamed in agony, as streams of fire, a blast of hot air, and a flame-covered fist all connected with it. It fell backwards and moved no more.

"RRGH!" roared the robot, as he returned Metagross to its Poké Ball. "FORGET POKéMON! ME CRUSH YOU!"

And he took an earth-shattering step towards the trio.

"STOP!" called Missingno. Master, once again in a booming voice. "Stand down! You lost fair and square, and you know it. Now get out of here!"

Grumbling to itself in all caps, the robot obediently flew back off into space.

"Hey," said Jack, as the trio returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls. "So are we out of the internet or what?"

"No, no," said Missingno. Master. "You're all still in the internet, I just decided to write myself into the story. And I turned the elevator into a portal to the Dot Com Building's rooftop Colosseum. Now! Bring in the third opponent!"

The platform rose up again, this time carrying none other than the receptionist for the Dot Com Building!

"Woah," said the narrator. "She's even cuter than she was behind the desk!"

"OK, back up the flirt train here," snapped Jack. "She's our opponent. Don't flirt, fight!"

"Right, right," nodded the narrator.

"Well," said the receptionist, "let's get started then!" And she threw three Poké Balls onto the field. In flashes of light, a strange brown ant with enormous jaws appeared. Next to it, a green winged Pokémon that resembled the wooden carving from the woman's desk. Finally, a large, green winged Pokémon that appeared to be wearing red glasses. The narrator pulled out three Pokémon cards and read,

"Trapinch, the Ant Pit Pokémon. Trapinch's large jaws are capable of crushing rocks. It digs holes in the desert and lies in wait for prey to fall in. Vibrava, the Vibration Pokémon, and the evolved form of Trapinch. Vibrava's wings are still developing. Although it can generate powerful sonic waves with them, it cannot fly great distances yet. Flygon, the Mystic Pokémon, and the evolved form of Vibrava. Flygon hides itself by flapping its wings to kick up desert sands. Its red eye covers shield it from sandstorms."

"Wow," said Jack. "So that's why she had a wooden Vibrava carving on her desk."

"BEGIN!" boomed Missingno. Master.

-----------------
End chapter 13!

*The giant fighting robot is revealed to own a Magnezone.
*The giant fighting robot's Steelix is revealed to know Body Slam.
*The giant fighting robot's Metagross is revealed to know Sludge Bomb, Meteor Mash, and Psychic.
*The narrator's Chatot learns Heat Wave.
*The receptionist is revealed to own a Trapinch, a Vibrava, and a Flygon.

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
"So?" interrupted Missingno. Master. "The Dinkleburgs have one- I mean, this will be a triple battle, begin!"

What's this from, I know it's from something I just can't remember...

"STEELIX! YOU IS CRUSH THEM! USE BODY SLAM!"

Love the bad-grammar robot :D

Ludicolo quacked menacingly, as it fired a beam of light instantly from its pineapple.... head.... thingy. "Damnit," grumbled the narrator as the Solarbeam neatly negated both oncoming attacks, "I still don't know what that thing's called!"

XD Yeah, what is it called? Maybe a headpeice?

"WHO YOU CALLING STEAM-DRIVEN?!"

Spongebob forever!

Paragraph 26 said:
All of a the sudden, Chatot flew up into the air, ...

I think it's supposed to be "all of the sudden" not "a sudden".

And THIS is the first time the narrator hasn't complemented himself once! O_O